Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I went to high school with Charlie and he lived in this house. This is in a wealthy neighborhood in north Atlanta near Oglethorpe University.
We graduated in 1968. Charlie was a starter on the football team and he was accepted to Georgia Tech. They don't let you in there if you are a dummy.
There were no drugs at Chamblee High School in 1968, but, Charlie started smoking pot in college the next year. Charlie dropped out of Georgia Tech.
We worked together for 5 months in 1969, we were brick mason's helpers together on a big apartment project in Atlanta.
After that I went on to Georgia State University and I lost touch with Charlie.

But another high school friend of mine's parents were good friends with Charlie's parents, and went out to dinner with them about once a month. And about 1993, I got an update on Charlie. To my astonishment, I learned that he was still living in Mommie's basement. Charlie didn't have a job, and he would get up at noon and have a joint for breakfast.

Well I could scarcely believe this. In high school Charlie was the most popular boy in the school, handsome, intelligent and a great athlete, the girls loved him.
I continued to get updates through the years and it was always the same. My last update was from 5 years ago, the parents had passed away, Charlie was still down in the basment, he had inherited the house. Charlie had never had a job and he would get up at noon and have a marijuana cigarette for breakfast. Or, some might say for lunch.

I was in Atlanta yesterday for Christmas parties and I decided to drive by Charlie's house. I looked up his address on the computer and I drove over there. There was an old beat up car in the driveway but it looked driveable. There were several lights on in the house.
As I drove around the house I was astonished to see there was massive damage to the house.

Evidently a big tree had fallen on the house. You could tell from the look of the wood, and from the lack of a covering tarp, that this had happened a long time ago.
This is a neighborhood of millionaire homes. I looked up on Zillow, the house next door is valued at $740,000, and the one on the other side is at $1.2 million. All the houses in the neighborhood are well kept up, lawns are groomed and the trim neatly painted.

I saw a neighbor walking by, he was walking his dog. I said to him "This house looks weird, what is with all the damage here?"
He said "A tree fell on that house 4 years ago."

I said "Well what is the deal is the house abandoned or what?"
He said "No, some old guy lives there by himself."
Posted By: Steve Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
I'm sure the pot's a big part of it, but mom and dad should have kicked him out of their basement 48 years ago.
More likely that 50 years of depression and anxiety shaped his life, and he used marijuana to cope.
Kudzu acres.
Dude probably has a massive grow op in the place.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
More likely that 50 years of depression and anxiety shaped his life, and he used marijuana to cope.

That would be my guess. Im 57 and I know folks my age who started smoking in high school and still do. They live normal successful lives raised nice kids and if they didn't pull out a joint you wouldn't know they been smoking for 40 years. Im not saying its a good habit but not necessarily does it doom you to a life in your parents basement. I don't indulge myself.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

That would be my guess. Im 57 and I know folks my age who started smoking in high school and still do. They live normal successful lives raised nice kids and if they didn't pull out a joint you wouldn't know they been smoking for 40 years. Im not saying its a good habit but not necessarily does it doom you to a life in your parents basement. I don't indulge myself.

This...
Posted By: EdM Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Funny.
Posted By: hanco Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Someone is paying taxes.
Posted By: viking Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Ya don’t say.
Some people are winners and some are losers.

Charlie is a loser.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Charlie is a loser.

Correct..........and would be whether he preferred MJ, booze or heroin.
Originally Posted by hanco
Someone is paying taxes.

yep.

It don't stop folks from making assumptions though.

Looks like the tree hit the attached garage not the house.
I've known some who were life long pot users, and although they seemed to be "normal," whatever that means, if you ever tried having a conversation with them, you would notice something wasn't just right. Those folks worked, and some even lived in a nice house, but you could see the damage that years of marijuana use had done to them.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
His cousin Paul lives across from me. Graduated high school in 78. He found weed before graduation and still lives at home. Might be the water though as my next door neighbor has his 40+ year old son living home and across the street are 2 sisters and a brother. Mom died a couple years ago and the youngest is married but doesn’t live with her husband.
He has to be paying taxes or else, DeKalb County would take the house and sell it on the courthouse steps.
Obviously he quit paying homeowner's insurance, I guess he couldn't afford it.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
He has to be paying taxes or else, DeKalb County would take the house and sell it on the courthouse steps.

Or maybe he chose to spend the insurance money on other things since he didn't give hoot about the garage.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by NH K9

Charlie is a loser.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

And he was 'enabled' by his parents...
Yeah he was big time enabled by his parents. I had another high school friend, Greg. Greg turned 18 his senior year in high school, two weeks before graduation. His dad gave him a matching set of suitcases for his birthday, and told him, "The day you graduate, is the day you get out of my house. Good luck."

We all thought that was pretty cruel, back in 1968, but it looks pretty smart compared to Charlie's parents.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19

No, more than likely the pot *caused* the depression and anxiety.
I’m guessing OP doesnt own a car company, a rocket ship or many other pretty impressive feats... nope, just extremely judgmental and stupid for those in the know.

Attached picture 4BF17816-CDF3-4B95-B4EB-2013B132EA3B.jpeg
Someone is paying taxes.

might be doing a "reverse mortgage", living off the value of the house his parents gave him. sad.
Apparently that guy was Elon Musk....and neither are you!
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I’m guessing OP doesnt own a car company, a rocket ship or many other pretty impressive feats... nope, just extremely judgmental and stupid for those in the know.

He sure looks happy. Prolly the trips to visit Epstein.
This will be an interesting thread.

The guy now suffers from depression, anxiety, has no home owners insurance and now he has a reverse mortgage...... of course this is just page three.....

The trust is paying the taxes. When the trust runs dry, if it does before he dies , then it will be sold on the courthouse steps.

This was rare 50 yrs ago. Now it seems more common. My nephew is 38 yrs old now and living in my moms basement for at least 8 yrs. He became addicted to some pain killers when he hurt his back. ( I dont believe that though) . I saw him last night at moms Christmas party. He went from the basement and out the garage and never said a word to anyone. I said hi and asked how are ya. He mumbled good and left. It is not only the kid that wont leave the basement , it is my mom that does not have the heart to kick him out. His dad cares but has his own life, his mom, ( my sister ) cares but just does not have it to call the sheriff and have him removed cause he will have no place to go but under a bridge or at my sisters house , that is his parents. He was a good kid and dont know when it went bad. He is a carpenter and makes $35 hr. but he only works about 1 day a week. He sleeps till he is hungry and then takes food out of the fridge like he bought it . He is from a working family , we all work. His two sisters are very smart with good kids and money to boot ETC. The libertarian part of me sais , it's his life , but it is tearing my mom apart cause she sees it every day . This guy listens to noone an always thinks he is right.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You of all people should be smoking pot... should help you back away from your conspiracy videos... or at least help you laugh at them like most normal people.
[
Originally Posted by akasparky
This will be an interesting thread.

The guy now suffers from depression, anxiety, has no home owners insurance and now he has a reverse mortgage...... of course this is just page three.....

lol, yes, lots of people left to weigh in
Not all losers smoke dope.
But the wake and bake crowd are almost always losers.
Then theres the semi functional stoner.....that turns 50or 60 and cracks mentally.

Seen a few do that. There is a long term effect IMHO.
And that from old weed.

Not the new thumper chit being smoked today.

Moderation in all things is key

Are you talking about me? If so your assertions are absurd. I didn't say anything that was judgmental. I just stated the facts.
What did I say that was stupid?

I didn't make any remark as to whether I favor pot smoking or not, so it is you who are judgmental. In fact, newbie, in previous posts I have repeatedly stated that I favor legalization of pot.
Originally Posted by ihookem
This was rare 50 yrs ago. Now it seems more common. My nephew is 38 yrs old now and living in my moms basement for at least 8 yrs. He became addicted to some pain killers when he hurt his back. ( I dont believe that though) . I saw him last night at moms Christmas party. He went from the basement and out the garage and never said a word to anyone. I said hi and asked how are ya. He mumbled good and left. It is not only the kid that wont leave the basement , it is my mom that does not have the heart to kick him out. His dad cares but has his own life, his mom, ( my sister ) cares but just does not have it to call the sheriff and have him removed cause he will have no place to go but under a bridge or at my sisters house , that is his parents. He was a good kid and dont know when it went bad. He is a carpenter and makes $35 hr. but he only works about 1 day a week. He sleeps till he is hungry and then takes food out of the fridge like he bought it . He is from a working family , we all work. His two sisters are very smart with good kids and money to boot ETC. The libertarian part of me sais , it's his life , but it is tearing my mom apart cause she sees it every day . This guy listens to noone an always thinks he is right.
Well, "Normative ethics" smirk
The damage he has done is imaginary according to some people on here and isn't anyone else's business (not even his parents). Society has no interest in a better outcome for this person or his family. Free will, liberty, freedom, blah, blah, blah.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19

Are you talking about me? If so your assertions are absurd. I didn't say anything that was judgmental. I just stated the facts.

No facts, just hearsay...

Why don't you go knock on the door and talk to the guy, you may be surprised by what you find.
Posted By: cdb Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
I know many people who smoked pot as teenagers that are successful just about any way you want to measure it. Some of them still do. I don’t smoke pot now but smoked my fair share in the 70’s. I also believe pot should be legalized or alcohol should be against the law. I’d also rather encounter another driver who’s smoked some weed than I would someone who’s been drinking.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Yup.

The pothead chorus will chime in here soon chanting "but booze is worse".

Roosevelt and Churchill were both drunks and still managed to defeat Hitler while most stoners can barely manage to tie their shoelaces.
The same thing happened to my parents home. They don't smoke weed.
After my Dad retired he would just make excuses for not fixing stuff. I would offer to help him and argue with him about it but he was stubborn. He did not have his roof replaced for 30 years even though it was covered by insurance. He was proud of removing the gutters because he said they were too much trouble to remove the leaves. As a result his insurance refused to cover the resulting damage to the ceilings (and most of the downspouts could be reached with just a stepstool!). Mouse problems, leaking pipes, fire danger from dead wood in trees. He hated when I would come fix stuff because he felt obligated to participate. He will sit and watch CNN until the same stories come around again and again. He was never like that when he was younger.

I'm not defending the use of weed in any way. Sometimes it is hard to say what causes someone to just let go of responsibilities.
Posted By: RAS Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19

Agree. There is more going on there then weed.

And the 24 isn’t the place to properly diagnose it.

You of all people should be smoking pot... should help you back away from your conspiracy videos... or at least help you laugh at them like most normal people.

Conspiracy theories, like the Trump/Ruskie collusiin crap your heros Hillary and the DNC had made up? Ha.
You and others, like your bud in the pic, have good reason to hate Trump. They hate him out of fear.

They should be fearing HIM and their bud who runs Hell.

Smoke some more pot. It seems that and BS is about all you've got. grin
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Roosevelt and Churchill were both drunks and still managed to defeat Hitler while most stoners can barely manage to tie their shoelaces.

And Hitler was a dope addict. Started out with prescrribed drugs andended up a meth addict. Almost non-functional, physically and mentally, the last year of his life.

Gateway drugs should not be permitted. Today, one of these is pot. We know that pot permanently reduces brain development for those under 25.
Hell it motivated me

The more I worked, the more I could smoke,
That motivated me to work even harder and sell even more technical, higher priced jobs.

Then I could smoke the really good shît.

toothbrush, visine, shot of Listerine, splash of Dolce n Gabbana, spare white dress shirt, Clark Kent double life...

I was a STEM major, finished my BS while being a contractor, made the dean’s list every semester.

Your bud just wasn’t wired for the Dope Show or could be a totally unrelated issue. Maybe the guy is on the Austism spectrum. That seems to be everyone’s go to excuse as of late.
I have a friend that could uncannily fit this guys description.

He has so much family money he could use it for firewood.

He don't work and pretty much never has..there was just never the need.

People that don't know him but "know of him" talk a lot of schit.

He resides alone on his families water front estate, which by far is not in the pristine condition it once was.

Many claim he has squandered through most his assets.
He parties too much and knows it, you might see him washing down a hit of pot with a rum and coke most any hour of the day.

The reason people don't really know much about him is due to him not claiming fame or recognition for the things he does.
I wouldn't know what I do, which is little, if I didn't drop in on him from time to time.

I've seen numerous paper tagged used vehicles at his place over the years, I've asked him about a few and every time it's been a rig he had purchased because it was a good deal and he had plans to give it to people that needed it.

A couple times over the years he has called me to go take care of his mutts because he was stuck at the hospital where he'd hauled someone in that needed a ride and someone to sign them in that could foot the bill.

I know he paid 30k for a guys cancer operation after his medical bills drove him broke, I only know this due to the guy having the treatment telling me.

People don't know this stuff, but they talk schit about him anyway, schit they don't know, just schit they hear second hand getting tossed about.

He and I go out to dinner maybe once a month on the average, last time we were out our conversation turned to wealth management firms, we both use them.

It was the first time I ever heard him complain about anything.
Seems he thinks paying 500K a year for two different firms to deal with his finances is too much.

I don't think he has quite yet squandered though his inherited wealth, yet he lives a simple life in a home that has needed a paint job and the lawn mowed for years.

Originally Posted by ingwe

Charlie is a loser.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

And he was 'enabled' by his parents...

Agreed, but I’ve seen it before, star athlete, smart, handsome in HS,whole world appeared to be laid at their feet. And then when they take the next step, life gets harder. Perhaps for the first time in their life they have to really work at something

And it’s just too hard for some.

I experienced some of that. Fortunately I had to work hard at the athletic part, plus I grew up on a farm. Most farm kids know a lil sumpthin bout working hard. Still going from BOMC to just a broke swinging dick was a bit of a comeuppance

Charlie’s probs weren’t his drug of choice

Same can be said for many alcoholics
Posted By: okie Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
So Charlie is a college dropout whose parents powdered his ass allowing him to live at home and puff a "J" every day that he woke up in the basement.....at noon …. loser nuff said
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Gateway drugs should not be permitted.

Dental work, surgery and the subsequent pain treatment resulting are going to suck for a lot of folks under that theory.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Schizophrenia is a chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. People with schizophrenia may seem like they have lost touch with reality. Although schizophrenia is not as common as other mental disorders, the symptoms can be very disabling.

Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms of schizophrenia usually start between ages 16 and 30. In rare cases, children have schizophrenia too.

The symptoms of schizophrenia fall into three categories: positive, negative, and cognitive.

There are different levels of this disease from rather mild to quite severe.
Someone is paying taxes.

If his parents were wealthy, they probably set up a living trust that takes care of the taxes, pays utilities, etc., and provides him with money to live on.

Just a guess.

L.W.
You see kids, just one marijuana cigarette can ruin your life!
[quote=2legit2quit]
Agreed, but I’ve seen it before, star athlete, smart, handsome in HS,whole world appeared to be laid at their feet. And then when they take the next step, life gets harder. Perhaps for the first time in their life they have to really work at something

[quote]

Just think how hard life is for the straight dudes that don't escape in their drug of choice, and instead face life head on, stone cold sober, with no crutch or safety net. No trust fund, no inherited house, no sugar momma or daddy. Nothing but hard work standing between them and their families starvation. Oh, and yes, they support several people in better style than a drug addict can support himself alone.

Hard work! Oh the horror!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Kudzu acres.

Looks like English Ivy to me. Much higher class.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by JeffA

Why don't you go knock on the door and talk to the guy, you may be surprised by what you find.

I'm in the "would have knocked on the door" camp.

I had a couple people track me down 35-40 years after high school. The first words out of their mouth were "I thought you'd be dead or in prison by now". That's the kind of reputation I had in my misspent youth and it was well deserved , then.

But I fooled their asses.

One of those people was looking for someone worse off than him so he could feel better about his own miserable existence , but I didn't/couldn't hold that against him. I went to see him several times before he died a few years later. I shared with him how my life got turned around , sadly it didn't work for him.

Mike
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Someone is paying taxes.

If his parents were wealthy, they probably set up a living trust that takes care of the taxes, pays utilities, etc., and provides him with money to live on.

Just a guess.

L.W.

If so, being "set up for life" is something I want no part of.
My girlfriend graduated from Georgia Tech. She says that she thinks Charlie's problem is that he couldn't take the trauma of flunking out freshman year.

Charlie made straight A's in high school and blew the SAT out of the water, he was successful at everything in high school.
Ga Tech is an academic boot camp, and lots of freshmen flunk out.

Well I am sure whoever you are referring to, owes ALL of their success to Dope use....

it has zeroed effects on your nerve system, and especially not your brain...

heck, Jeff O is a firm example of that....
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19

Yup.

Don’t know if it effects your statement but Roosevelt was often prescribed cocaine administered in his nostrils.

I didn't make any remark as to whether I favor pot smoking or not, so it is you who are judgmental. In fact, newbie, in previous posts I have repeatedly stated that I favor legalization of pot.

Yes, clearly Im talking about you... if you havent talked to Charlie since 1969... but you stroll past his past his house in 2019 and post about him on 24hr and why he is still in that position... clearly to make yourself feel good, its beyond judgmental.

50yrs of not having a freaking clue, except a few hearsay updates.
Bunch of judgemental pricks! Probably in church this past week claiming to be Christians.
Charlie has mental issues, odds are high that is why he began smoking pot in the beginning.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19

Could it be the marijuana caused the depression and anxiety and continued use made it worse ?
kwg
Originally Posted by 700LH
Charlie has mental issues, odds are high that is why he began smoking pot in the beginning.
That's my thought, he smokes as a result of problems, not as a cause. I've known quite a few dope smokers and while they might be screwed up, none of them have shown any signs as serious as this.
Yes, clearly Im talking about you... if you havent talked to Charlie since 1969... but you stroll past his past his house in 2019 and post about him on 24hr and why he is still in that position... clearly to make yourself feel good, its beyond judgmental.

Yeah! That's right! There's nothing wrong with blighting a neighborhood! /sarc
My girlfriend graduated from Georgia Tech. She says that she thinks Charlie's problem is that he couldn't take the trauma of flunking out freshman year.

Just more slanderous hearsay... keep going...

Think of how smart Musk would be if he wasn't a drug addict.............
Posted By: broomd Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Sad story. The afluence at a young age couldn't have helped things.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Bunch of judgemental pricks! Probably in church this past week claiming to be Christians.

Well said.

Other narcissistic, self-made creeps find it funny.
This place can be a heartless hell hole sometimes.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
I've been around a while and seen the damage that dope will do. In 50 years I've haven't seen a long term user as a high performer. In fact everyone was a failure. Neil Young said it best in his famous song "Needle and the Damage Done" addiction is all the same , pick your poison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0t0EW6z8a0
Posted By: Cigar Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Damn... That story is in every neighborhood across the country.... Same story over and over...
I've known several guys who were propped up by their well meaning, wealthy parents since birth. No consequences, no wants, no responsibility. I've yet to see this formula turn out well.
A good friend of mine is pushing 50 years of smoking dope. He has nearly a million in his his 401k, a house paid off at a little over $800,000 in appraised value. His home is the complete opposite of that in the picture. It is so clean and spotless and model-like it's almost uncomfortable to be in. He also has 2 happy and successful adult children and 3 grandkids. For every stoner that has fooked up his life, there are probably 2 that did the same with alcohol. Like someone else mentioned, your buddy has some major unresolved issues not related to weed. I'd guess he went from a big fish in a small pond to a place where everyone was all league or all state or whatever and couldn't cope not being #1. I saw this happen to a couple friends.
I'm not a user or really condone weed it but your story sounds like an episode of Reefer Madness from the 50's.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Nice property though......
Posted By: poboy Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Charlie likes to party on down.
I knew a pedophile who dropped out of college and lived in a house like that. Charlie is probably a pedophile too.
Originally Posted by poboy
Charlie likes to party on down.

Odds are he lives an almost completely solitary miserable life

I think you are right on.
Some people just suck at life.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've known some who were life long pot users, and although they seemed to be "normal," whatever that means, if you ever tried having a conversation with them, you would notice something wasn't just right. Those folks worked, and some even lived in a nice house, but you could see the damage that years of marijuana use had done to them.

I don't doubt your word. I spent Christmas Eve last night at my Uncle's place. Guy is a millionaire. He also has cirrhosis of the liver as a result of pickling it with beer for the last 5 decades living as a functioning alcoholic. Inhaling smoke of any kind is a bad thing. Alcohol is a poison. The ideal things to put into your body is pure water, meat, fruit and vegetables. Of course very few people are going to do that and if laws were passed mandating it, rebellion against them would be off the charts.

Suppose alcohol were illegal. My Uncle probably would have gotten caught and sent to jail, fined, or had some kind of criminal record which would have hindered him in his life. Might not have been able to get a job or a start in life. Who knows. Could have been ruined.

I see it the same way with weed. Most people that mess with it probably are able to function. They are likely gonna pay a physical price at some point just like my Uncle is paying now. Spending gobs of taxpayer money trying to stop them and ruining there lives and creating criminal syndicates over a weed just seems more and more insane the more I think about it. I am about as far from a pothead as you can get but after much thought have concluded that prohibitions against it cause more problems than it itself does.

Simple fact of the matter is some people's physiology is wired for addiction. A certain percentage of them are gonna wind up useless drunks and potheads. Just like a certain percentage of people are going to use firearms to murder someone or commit suicide which is why well meaning useful idiots for the totalitarian commies want to ban them. Yes I went there.

There are a lot of things that may not be a good idea but prohibitions against them don't work if there is an entrenched demand for them. Its just like communism. That don't work either but people still insist on trying it.

What does work is liberty. Its messy as hell sometimes but it works.

Originally Posted by RAS

Are you kidding me?
The Fire is the perfect place to dissect and diagnose anybody or anything!
We know schiit! smile
I knew a pedophile who dropped out of college and lived in a house like that. Charlie is probably a pedophile too.

There you have it! smile
If he didn't start with problems, which would be a long shot, long term heavy weed use will for sure fugk you up.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Now that pot has been legal in WA state for 7 years, up to an ounce for adults, I can say I don't know anyone who smokes pot that is not also a liberal.

What do you say a 70 year old pot smoker?
"Not your President, huh?"
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Are you kidding me?
We know schiit! smile

They have all the facts they need, a tree fell on his house.....there are even pictures.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Now that pot has been legal in WA state for 7 years, up to an ounce for adults, I can say I don't know anyone who smokes pot that is not also a liberal.

What do you say a 70 year old pot smoker?
"Not your President, huh?"

"Pass the dutchie 'pon the left hand side"
Originally Posted by RAS

Are you kidding me?
We know schiit! smile

2 answers:

• creedmoor
  • superchicken
Posted By: kelbro Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Classmate of mine never worked. Big time pothead. His mom died when we were about 16, that's when he started smoking weed. His dad died when we were about 19, leaving him the commercial real estate income. About $40,000 per month back in 1980. David built a really nice place out in E. Texas and 'disappeared'. No phone. No mailbox. Seldom even went into town. Just him and his wife out in the woods doing who knows what. He shot his food and grew his vegetables. The place was quite secure and you didn't want to go sneaking around out there. Never heard from him after about 1985. I had forgotten about him until I read this post.

No, The dope started the ball rolling. I have a friend that is a psychiatrist and works in a large university as a counselor for students with problems. The majority of his work load is students just like the one in this original post. They were great students with a good future ahead of them, and then they started partying, smoking pot and drinking. Every one in this category started out making good grades and by the second year they were contemplating dropping out. He said the ones that only drank on occasion didn't have near the cognitive problems that the dope smokers had. Don't believe for a minute it doesn't hurt people. The new dope isn't the "giggle weed" from the 70s. It is a real potent drug these days.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by Steve
I'm sure the pot's a big part of it, but mom and dad should have kicked him out of their basement 48 years ago.

I know of a gal who lived with her folks her whole life except for college, never got married. She got a big time job and became a millionaire. She took care of her folks who are gone now, and she takes care of her brother, sister, their kids, and other relatives financially who left home when they were "supposed" to.

I guess you just never know.
Guy at work is a dumbass.
Talks stoopid and slow.
Admitted recently that he smokes daily.

Naaaaaaawwwwwwwww.

They always sound the same LOL.

Know some very successful people that smoke weed.
They do NOT wake n bake.

Again, moderation in all things.

Booze, weed or whatever................over do it and pay the price.
It aint healthy.

I'll be downing a few beers this weekend. Older, can't party like I used to.
Proly be a six pack and crash.
Originally Posted by RJY66

I don't doubt your word. I spent Christmas Eve last night at my Uncle's place. Guy is a millionaire. He also has cirrhosis of the liver as a result of pickling it with beer for the last 5 decades living as a functioning alcoholic. Inhaling smoke of any kind is a bad thing. Alcohol is a poison. The ideal things to put into your body is pure water, meat, fruit and vegetables. Of course very few people are going to do that and if laws were passed mandating it, rebellion against them would be off the charts.

Suppose alcohol were illegal. My Uncle probably would have gotten caught and sent to jail, fined, or had some kind of criminal record which would have hindered him in his life. Might not have been able to get a job or a start in life. Who knows. Could have been ruined.

I see it the same way with weed. Most people that mess with it probably are able to function. They are likely gonna pay a physical price at some point just like my Uncle is paying now. Spending gobs of taxpayer money trying to stop them and ruining there lives and creating criminal syndicates over a weed just seems more and more insane the more I think about it. I am about as far from a pothead as you can get but after much thought have concluded that prohibitions against it cause more problems than it itself does.

Simple fact of the matter is some people's physiology is wired for addiction. A certain percentage of them are gonna wind up useless drunks and potheads. Just like a certain percentage of people are going to use firearms to murder someone or commit suicide which is why well meaning useful idiots for the totalitarian commies want to ban them. Yes I went there.

There are a lot of things that may not be a good idea but prohibitions against them don't work if there is an entrenched demand for them. Its just like communism. That don't work either but people still insist on trying it.

spot on.
Over 30+ years I’ve seen nearly 4,000 students of mine graduate, all sorts of outcomes. It is a mystery to me why one kid in a given family might excel, and another not so much. Same parents, same family.

Long as they keep their word, treat people right, and don’t lie or steal I’m good with it.

One thing interested me in”Band of Brothers”, same again in “The Pacific” was the many different personalities and outcomes of those men after the war. I hear of a guy living alone his whole life in his parent’s house and I wonder how he might have excelled under different circumstances.
Lost a couple relatives to booze (alcoholics).

Lost one so far to weed (nursing home- burnt and cracked psyche).
Got two others that are pretty well fried, work factory jobs...........functional retards.

Maybe weed makes you drop IQ.............maybe by a fixed amount.
Those higher up at the start make the drop but end up above the threshold of dumbass.

Those at the line at the start................

I dunno.

Do know a lot of art/music folks and the wake n bake guys all are stoopid.
When they retire they're gonna be in a lot of trouble.
Can't do anything right.

Like forget to pay bills.
Make 100K a yr and get lights and water shut off.

Too funny.
i use to know a county judge who smoked.
I have seen a lot old guys who cannot complete projects, but imagine they could and drag more stuff home. They cannot even organize their stuff and live in a state of deferred maintenance and hoarding.

I have seen young men that behave the same way, with the help of pot smoking.

Putting weed use aside it’s hard to attribute perceived future success by who was considered a hit in high school and later turned out to be be anything but. Success is more equated to drive. Sometimes high school has a way of interpreting popularity with future success. Nothing could be further from the truth. Drive is the key and rejection is a potent motivator. No one ever made it without feeling rejection multiple times. It’s easy to give up, it’s tough to make a stand and fight for your self confidence and belief in yourself.

Yes drugs and alcohol can play a destructive role in creating the crutch and excuse for your non accomplishments, especially at a young age. Some can use weed as an insight to accomplish things others would never think about or perceive. In most cases it’s rare and typically prolonged weed use at a young age leads to non accomplishment and a disconnect of time and realistic judgement. To often and especially for men time gets away, 16 years old becomes 20, then 25, then 30 with no clear path. Nothing worse than a 30 year old male with no clear path, especially in today’s work environment. It’s easy for some in that situation to smoke and drink their lives away and just give up. This is where parents and family have typically had enough as that cycle in a 30 year old plus is hard to break. It takes tough love, many parents fail as they can’t stop helping their child whether 5 or 55 years old.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by RAS

Are you kidding me?
We know schiit! smile

2 answers:

• creedmoor
  • superchicken

https://youtu.be/7Q6sUP4NHVs
Wanna see what 50 years of smoking dope will do for you, just look at Willie Nelson !
Congratulations. You have a keen eye
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Wanna see what 50 years of smoking dope will do for you, just look at Willie Nelson !

That may be so but he’s got some money in the bank even after the IRS clipped him. I’d say he’s done exactly what he wanted to do in life. Humps and bumps, sure but who escapes those in life. He’s mid eighties and still on stage.
Originally Posted by reivertom

No, The dope started the ball rolling. I have a friend that is a psychiatrist and works in a large university as a counselor for students with problems. The majority of his work load is students just like the one in this original post. They were great students with a good future ahead of them, and then they started partying, smoking pot and drinking. Every one in this category started out making good grades and by the second year they were contemplating dropping out. He said the ones that only drank on occasion didn't have near the cognitive problems that the dope smokers had. Don't believe for a minute it doesn't hurt people. The new dope isn't the "giggle weed" from the 70s. It is a real potent drug these days.

It starts out as recreation and soon becomes a life style that they cannot break. Yes; pot is addictive, even more so that alcohol.

kwg
Originally Posted by Rossimp

That may be so but he’s got some money in the bank even after the IRS clipped him. I’d say he’s done exactly what he wanted to do in life. Humps and bumps, sure but who escapes those in life. He’s mid eighties and still on stage.

yep, and rolls around the country in a friggen motor home that's worth WAY more than my 7 acre RANCH here in the outnack of California. Probably worth more than the house, property, vehicles, tractor, outdoor gear, dog training equipment, chicken coop and chickens, and the firewood in the shed combined.

Let's not forget he generates revenue for all those members of his band, the roadies, and the promoters and the facilities he plays in, the motels that get concert attendees staying overnight because they live 300 miles from the show, restaurants, t shirt makers, etc.

All while he's stoned!

One guy living his life in a broken down home is not a good or bad example of anything. Neither is a millionaire musician.

Geno
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/25/19
No unprescribed drug, including alcohol is good for you. None.

Pot does no harm. Really? Today's pot ain't the pot of your youth. Many factors stronger. Pot use under 25 can damage brain development. Pot can be a gateway drug.

Interestingly, a mother drinking alcohol while pregnant harms her child's brain more than using drugs. The alcohol rewires the developing brain. You can detox a high new born, but the problems of FAS are forever.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

yep, and rolls around the country in a friggen motor home that's worth WAY more than my 7 acre RANCH here in the outnack of California. Probably worth more than the house, property, vehicles, tractor, outdoor gear, dog training equipment, chicken coop and chickens, and the firewood in the shed combined.

Let's not forget he generates revenue for all those members of his band, the roadies, and the promoters and the facilities he plays in, the motels that get concert attendees staying overnight because they live 300 miles from the show, restaurants, t shirt makers, etc.

All while he's stoned!

One guy living his life in a broken down home is not a good or bad example of anything. Neither is a millionaire musician.

Geno

Yep.
Gee I've been thinking on this subject today in my spare time...

Ya know, If I hadn't been anti Dope and Anti Drugs for my entire life....I was thinking where I might be now, instead of where I am now...

Heck I might even be a democRAT congressman from California, and leading a committee trying to impeach the President of the United States, and have eyes that look just like a stepped on frog...

and fellow dopers all over the country would love me!.. how's that for success?? and I could trace it all back to being a stoner...

you guys have me convinced... I've been going about this all wrong...
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[quote=2legit2quit]

[quote]

Just think how hard life is for the straight dudes that don't escape in their drug of choice, and instead face life head on, stone cold sober, with no crutch or safety net. No trust fund, no inherited house, no sugar momma or daddy. Nothing but hard work standing between them and their families starvation. Oh, and yes, they support several people in better style than a drug addict can support himself alone.

Hard work! Oh the horror!

And sometimes their spouse comes along and knocks them off their high horse in front of the whole town.
Originally Posted by smokepole

All while he's stoned!

Geno

Yep.

I'll also bet he has a team of folks who keep him on track and make sure he is at all of his concerts semi coherent, semi sober and somewhat healthy so he can keep those players and employees working. Someday it's all going to end but his legacy keeps him going and folks on the payroll.

It is hardly hearsay, when Charlie's mom tells her best friend, 15 years ago, that her son has not had a job in 20 years, and that he wakes up at noon and has marijuana for breakfast. These facts are hardly complimentary towards Charlie, or his mom. Moms like to show their sons in the best light so if anything, the truth is probably worse.
You say this post makes me feel good. Speaking of mental health problems, it is obvious that you have a few, including, you are so desperately judgmental of me. This story makes me depressed. It is astonishing to me to see a young man throw his life away.

I am just posting observations of a once promising young man, who wasted his life. I can tell you are a proponent of marijuana use, that is fine with me I have smoked a lot of it myself. However, I didn't get addicted to it. If Charlie were rising at noon and drinking a quart of Schlitz Malt Liquor, I would have reported that.
Yeah, Elon Musk is a genius inventor, and he smokes pot, but I guarantee he doesn't sleep till noon and have a joint for breakfast.

I am just reporting facts, including these shocking photos. For you to read my report, and to conclude that this makes me feel good, is a sign that you need to call your psychiatrist, you know, the doctor whose business card your mom makes you keep in your wallet. Call him up and tell him that the pills aren't working any more, you need a new prescription. Good luck and I hope you get better.
I tried Shîtz malt liquor bull once, it’s disgusting

But still 3 times better than PBR
No facts have been stated.

hearsay
noun

Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

Evidence that is not within the personal knowledge of a witness, such as testimony regarding statements made by someone other than the witness that was heard by one person about another

Evidence based on the reports of others rather than on personal knowledge; inadmissible to establish the truth of a particular contention because the accuracy of the evidence cannot be verified.

In your case, you've chosen to slander a man whom you have had no contact with for almost 50 years in attempt to apply validity to a topic which you obviously have no personal knowledge of what so ever.

What a sweetheart you are.......
If you raise your kids wrong, they stay in your basement playing video games and taking dope.

If you raise your kids right, they move away and leave you lonely.

If your kids reproduce, they come back to use you as a daycare.

Jesus would have no issue taking his disciples to share a table and meal with Charlie in his broken-down home.
it wouldn't matter if he was a wayward christian or not even of the church.

To some Charlie is a loser, yet Jesus came to build a church made up of sick losers.

many of those losers grovel to Jesus , but do not care to lead a life of following His example,
yet they judge Charlie.

Originally Posted by broomd

This place can be a heartless hell hole sometimes.

I suspect some hypocrite CF christians are headed to just such place they fear.

It is hardly hearsay, when Charlie's mom tells her best friend, 15 years ago, that her son has not had a job in 20 years, and that he wakes up at noon and has marijuana for breakfast. These facts are hardly complimentary towards Charlie, or his mom. Moms like to show their sons in the best light so if anything, the truth is probably worse.
You say this post makes me feel good. Speaking of mental health problems, it is obvious that you have a few, including, you are so desperately judgmental of me. This story makes me depressed. It is astonishing to me to see a young man throw his life away.

I am just posting observations of a once promising young man, who wasted his life. I can tell you are a proponent of marijuana use, that is fine with me I have smoked a lot of it myself. However, I didn't get addicted to it. If Charlie were rising at noon and drinking a quart of Schlitz Malt Liquor, I would have reported that.
Yeah, Elon Musk is a genius inventor, and he smokes pot, but I guarantee he doesn't sleep till noon and have a joint for breakfast.

I am just reporting facts, including these shocking photos. For you to read my report, and to conclude that this makes me feel good, is a sign that you need to call your psychiatrist, you know, the doctor whose business card your mom makes you keep in your wallet. Call him up and tell him that the pills aren't working any more, you need a new prescription. Good luck and I hope you get better.

You have as much “facts” on me as you do your old buddy Charlie... keep on keeping on there dude. Maybe you should heed your own advise though with the psychiatrist?
Suppose I am looking for a old friend I went to school with, his name was Charlie, can't recall his last name but he went to Chamblee with me after which he headed to Georgia Tech.

So, I'll start by searching Google for Charlie, Chamblee High School and Georgia Tech

Hummm, interesting, let me change that to a image search Google Image Search for Charlie, Chamblee High School and Georgia Tech

Humm.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Odds are he lives an almost completely solitary miserable life

Charlie could be like a monk type that chose solitude in his home rather than a cave atop a mountain.

or could just be a loner type that prefers and finds contentment in his own company.
I know some software architects that obsessively work from home and no one ever sees them.
A tree could fall on one of their homes and they wouldn't know it for a few years easily.
Once they did take notice they wouldn't care..
They all have 6 figure incomes, but they probably don't cash their checks.

They are an odd lot, but a lot of folks have odd stories...
Christians are sheep, and we all know how peabrain sheep mentality works...they don't like the black sheep.
Suppose I am looking for a old friend I went to school with, his name was Charlie, can't recall his last name but he went to Chamblee with me after which he headed to Georgia Tech.

So, I'll start by searching Google for Charlie, Chamblee High School and Georgia Tech

Hummm, interesting, let me change that to a image search Google Image Search for Charlie, Chamblee High School and Georgia Tech

Humm.

Great friend huh, lol... now pics of his house show up lol

Great friend huh, lol... now pics of his house show up lol

And this thread.....Forever more.....all so he could try to prove a mundane point without any facts other than a tree fell on a house.
Posted By: jimy Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
Nothing says Merry Christmas, like a judgemental thread about a man living his life as he chooses to, all the while harming no one. Ho f~cking Ho to all of you cheery folks on this special day !
This
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hell it motivated me

That motivated me to work even harder and sell even more technical, higher priced jobs.

toothbrush, visine, shot of Listerine, splash of Dolce n Gabbana, spare white dress shirt, Clark Kent double life...

I was a STEM major, finished my BS while being a contractor, made the dean’s list every semester.

Your bud just wasn’t wired for the Dope Show or could be a totally unrelated issue. Maybe the guy is on the Austism spectrum. That seems to be everyone’s go to excuse as of late.

Are you trying to say that some people that are different than others can still succeed? HERETIC!!!! You will probably get smited. I have noticed that none of the self-righteous have attacked you...yet. Good work on not being a soft targetgrin

That neighborhood needs an HOA.

mike r
iTs easier for Christians to think about a tree falling on some guys roof 4 yrs ago , than think about
their 'Our Lady' Mary breaking her water,
screaming and swearing in labor, and Mary eating the placenta that followed newborn Jesus.

If Mary was breast feeding in public today , CF christians would frown.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Hell it motivated me

Are you trying to say that some people that are different than others can still succeed? HERETIC!!!! You will probably get smited. I have noticed that none of the self-righteous have attacked you...yet. Good work on not being a soft targetgrin

That neighborhood needs an HOA.

mike r
if they do, we can play “post your college transcripts” I have those in the nightstand.
lol
When my son starts whining about his stressful 15 hours, I show him my 19-21 hours sems and deans list tranxs.
Man a lot of you guys are highly judgmental and completely clueless at the same time. I can name dozens of highly successful people I know that smoked weed in high school,smoked weed in college, and smoke weed today. These are stock brokers, doctors, dentist, bank managers and business owners. Making a blanket statement that smoking weed leads to depression and lifelong failures is just ignorant! I also know people who smoked weed in high school and never amounted to chitt in their lives, there’s a lot more to where you end up in this world than whether or not you smoked or smoke weed. Geez
if Charlie had sat in his basement reading Bible for 50yrs while living in the same broken roof home and living
off the same inheritance, they wouldn't be so judgemental.

Same lifestyle, just a different choice of mind altering drug.
Ok I can’t help it...bout to open the ‘ratard on this thread.

Let’s play what if:

What Charlie has the old people in the freezer and still drawing their SS checks too. ??

Posted By: MM879 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
The dopers will say or do anything to support their supply. I've actually listened to parents justify smoking dope with their kids as a way to improve their relationships. All they really wanted was access to a better supply of dope with less exposure during purchase. They were offering dope supplied by their kids. Everything is ok when you call it a "herb"
What if that’s really Gus’s house

Gus is from around there.

What is Gus IS Charlie?

Send the sheriff dept out for a welfare visit. We gotta know
Evidently the City of Atlanta does not have building/code inspectors? Or if they do, they spend their time smoking dope too?
Originally Posted by MM879
The dopers will say or do anything to support their supply. I've actually listened to parents justify smoking dope with their kids as a way to improve their relationships. All they really wanted was access to a better supply of dope with less exposure during purchase. They were offering dope supplied by their kids. Everything is ok when you call it a "herb"
so that’s what happens at homeschool??

Well fugg me
Ok I can’t help it...bout to open the ‘ratard on this thread.

Let’s play what if:

What Charlie has the old people in the freezer and still drawing their SS checks too. ??

And they are still voting .......democrats ......Oh the humanity of it all !
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Evidently the City of Atlanta does not have building/code inspectors? Or if they do, they spend their time smoking dope too?

Actually I would think that would be a code inspectors wet dream. Health dept too, dept of human of services,

Surprised there isn’t condemnation order slapped on that structure.

Only speculating from here though
I've been on the 24cf for a long time but I still cannot believe the length, depth and breadth of the crazy on this website.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

i knew a Justice of the Peace in a very small South Texas town that grew weed on his ranch and probably still does. Maybe the same one. I'll never tell.

Actually I would think that would be a code inspectors wet dream. Health dept too, dept of human of services,

F that scheidt.

FREEDOM!!!

A mans home is his castle. Private property rights and all that ya'know.

HOAs, CC&Rs, all that communist BS sucks. HUGELY!

To heck with the neighbors and their $1.2Mil houses, and friggen Zillow appraisals. man wants to live in a broken house, let him I say.

Geno

PS, unlike certain politicians I may have inhaled in the olden days..................but it's all kinda cloudy of course.
interesting documentary. watched this the other day after it was posted on another site.

Charlie is a loser.

Nah, he'd already be dead if he used heroin....too bad he doesn't...

F that scheidt.

FREEDOM!!!

To heck with the neighbors and their $1.2Mil houses, and friggen Zillow appraisals. man wants to live in a broken house, let him I say.

Geno

PS, unlike certain politicians I may have inhaled in the olden days..................but it's all kinda cloudy of course.

The stoner b~stard likely has a stash of styrofoam coolers in his basement too !
Originally Posted by jimy

F that scheidt.

FREEDOM!!!

Geno

The stoner b~stard likely has a stash of styrofoam coolers in his basement too !

Yeah,

too bad that tree looks to have fallen on the garage.

Dude might still have his '68 Firebird 400 that he got to go to college in there. Hasn't been driven since he got hooked on the evil weed, too paranoid.

Geno
Could, or would this be considered a case of white privilege ? Asking for a friend . smile
interesting documentary. watched this the other day after it was posted on another site.

jeez Roger

what's this world comin' too.

Trippin be getting trendy even.

Geno

jeez Roger

what's this world comin' too.

Trippin be getting trendy even.

Geno

seems like some people could benefit from it.
I see the Harry Anslinger line of thought is alive and well on this thread
If his parents didn't kick him out young then they probably left the estate in a trust to pay the bills for him..
Posted By: cdb Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Man a lot of you guys are highly judgmental and completely clueless at the same time. I can name dozens of highly successful people I know that smoked weed in high school,smoked weed in college, and smoke weed today. These are stock brokers, doctors, dentist, bank managers and business owners. Making a blanket statement that smoking weed leads to depression and lifelong failures is just ignorant! I also know people who smoked weed in high school and never amounted to chitt in their lives, there’s a lot more to where you end up in this world than whether or not you smoked or smoke weed. Geez

This.
Charles's younger brother Tim M**z lists the home as his address also but according to county records the house is in neither of their names. Taxes are up to date, lights are on, looks like all is well on the shores of Silver Lake, and that's a fact..
Posted By: cdb Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by BARNDOG

i knew a Justice of the Peace in a very small South Texas town that grew weed on his ranch and probably still does. Maybe the same one. I'll never tell.

Weed helps me differentiate between the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law. Thank you for not revealing my name.
I'm in Amsterdam right now and just got back from a long walk around the city. I'm gonna quit making fun of the Campfire stoners, you guys got nothing on these people. Holy Cow! I've never seen so many pot shops in my life and I didn't know how many varieties there were. The last time I was here was over 20 years ago and I remember them then but they've multiplied about 100X now.

Evidently pot and giant rubber peckers go together because there's almost always a sex toy shop next to the pot shops. If the Campfire smokers have a vibrator collection like these folks over here then I don't want to know.
Originally Posted by Crow

Evidently pot and giant rubber peckers go together because there's almost always a sex toy shop next to the pot shops. If the Campfire smokers have a vibrator collection like these folks over here then I don't want to know.

That sounds like circumstantial evidence that smoking dope, makes most people "f~cking happy" or at the least a bit horny ! What is the munchy of choice over there ? Doritoe's and skittles seem to be the choices on this side of the ocean, Be safe in your travels.

Yup.

It would seem Churchill dabbled with a few mind altering substances prior to becoming illegal.

And man shall be in my image. Who was it that said that?
It would appear to be a sad tale of Charlie.
And cause one to wonder just what went wrong.

But then, I need to go to work, and look after the family.
So, since Charlie isn't affecting us in any bad way, we will
let him alone, and worry about the things that are OUR business.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Lets see, Charles is 70 years old, he's never had to work, lives with his brother in a great neighborhood in a 2700 sq. ft. home that over looks a nice lake. He keeps his bills paid and minds his own business.

Oh yeah, a tree fell on his garage a few years ago...

OK, now what is wrong with that picture?

I think the OP is jealous of someone that has life far better and easier than he does and he had it handed to him. I guess slandering the man with supposed rumors makes him feel better about his own dismal life.
Originally Posted by RJY66

spot on.

Damn right.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
i think old Charlie is smarter than the rest of us and probably dang happy too. somehow old Charlie figured out early in life workin for a living ,getting married and keep`n up with the Jone`s just isn`t worth it. good for Charlie probably doesn`t have a worry in the world and a healthy back too !
I'm in Amsterdam right now and just got back from a long walk around the city. I'm gonna quit making fun of the Campfire stoners, you guys got nothing on these people. Holy Cow! I've never seen so many pot shops in my life and I didn't know how many varieties there were. The last time I was here was over 20 years ago and I remember them then but they've multiplied about 100X now.

I’ll have to look, but I’m almost sure there’s some weed around here. Maybe even a cucumber in the fridge.🤷🏻‍♂️ Does that count ?
Just like Amsterdam!
Posted By: joken2 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19

After 25 years or so of working with and around a fair number of regular marijuana users in an industrial environment, one of my biggest dreads was following up on a job they had started. Eight out of ten times no telling what screwed-up, sometimes dangerous mess they'd left and I'd be walking into.

Every break time, every lunch period, plus every time they could slip off somewhere out of sight for a few minutes they would fire one up. Didn't matter if they were inside rt outside the building,either.

Along with regular marijuana use, sooner or later every one of them eventually went on to using other illegal drugs, too.

I remember one in particular who admitted he chose pot over a good wife and three small kids and cost him many years of child support payments. Before trying pot he was a normal, hard working, loving dad and husband.

One of his kids married a relative of mine and practically apologizes defensively when asked if so-n-so is his dad.

Lol.. you guys crack me up.

To the guys saying they dont smoke weed, and that todays weed isnt the weed of the 60’s or 70’s... how do you know, since you dont smoke weed?

Attached picture 5C83F4AF-EEFC-4CFD-B4AC-E7C838152D9F.jpeg
Posted By: CCCC Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
History reveals a significant difference between those who live for the moment and embrace epicurean behavior as compared with those who strive to balance today's gratification with goals for the future and other values. There is some data on the effects of pot use - mostly anecdotal at present and some rather firm - but no one truly knows the prevailing outcomes across the board. Given more recent developments, this will be studied and eventually known, as has occurred with alcohol and tobacco as well as some other drugs. The feelings of today and the moment are very important to some folks and that can amount to a huge human mortgage. I have encountered and observed quite a number of pot users during the past 65 years and anticipate negative findings.

To the guys saying they dont smoke weed, and that todays weed isnt the weed of the 60’s or 70’s... how do you know, since you dont smoke weed?

Chemists.

Changes in Cannabis Potency over the Last Two Decades (1995-2014)

Why Is Cannabis Now So Different From 1970s Cannabis?

Modern Day Weed vs. Hippie Weed

Lets see, Charles is 70 years old, he's never had to work, lives with his brother in a great neighborhood in a 2700 sq. ft. home that over looks a nice lake. He keeps his bills paid and minds his own business.

I think the OP is jealous of someone that has life far better and easier than he does and he had it handed to him. I guess slandering the man with supposed rumors makes him feel better about his own dismal life.

Amazing how some consider work a curse rather than a blessing. Some get to work and some have to work.

Actually, Charlie's life, if you want to call it that, is peculiar, regardless of the fact he never shoveled snow or took flack at work.
So.... if some things are fake news, and others are real... how do you differentiate to make a choice, especially when it comes to topics like this?

Actually, Charlie's life, if you want to call it that, is peculiar, regardless of the fact he never shoveled snow or took flack at work.

Then you have Jaguars life... the crazy old man who watches extremist videos that fit his narrative, and he reposts them on forums for likes...
It’s the guy who is hungover on booze and out of Marlboro Lights that shakes the life out of his girlfriend’s fetal alcohol syndrome baby.

Spiccoli meanwhile is wakin and bakin, hooking his Waverunner up and headed to the lake, lookin forward to another great day chillin between the sky and earth

grin

Well, on a positive note.....you now have to be 21 to buy tobacco in many states.

You now have to be 21 to buy a pack of smokes after you drone strike a Dodge Caravan full of ragheads.

Dont smoke a joint....it'll turn you into a masturbation fiend! You will be too tired to purchase anti depressants and other pharmaceuticals. Not to mention you wont be able to support Wall Street and China.

What a fugging system........
Ej, I was a practicing eye dr in one of the countries largest privately owned multi-disciplinary surgical/medical clinics from '74 to 2019.

Weird. Only brain dead dope head dimocraps can justify one guys life spent stoned in a house but then turn around and hypocritically decry someone who busted his ass 51 years as lazy. You dumbfughk, your own mouth condems you and proves your stupidity.

TFF. Now tell us how smart you are and why we should listen to your asinine BS.

Like most lieberals, the stupid thoughts that jump into your head run out of your mouth instantly without being tempered by critical thought, which requires too much time and effort and energy on your part.
Hey jag does it really ease glaucoma?
It would be pretty unusual for progressive vision loss having glaucoma as the causative factor be controlled and prevent further optic nerve damage or disease progression by using mj and lowering intraocular pressure by only one mg/Hg. cry wink
Tell us, Ejp1234, is it as fun for you to play with your brain as much as it is for us?

Do you only have 4 fingers on yer countin han?
I’ll take that as a maybe
Hey jag, also why dat sheeitt always be makin me look all Chinese-eyed? U know whutimsayin
Uh, you need better glasses that will put your vision in better focus without squinting?

Do you get stoned and lay there with your eyes open and drying out a get subacute punctate keratitis that results in photo phobia requiring you to squint to reduce the light entering your eyes?,
Most I knew who grew up in the 60's and 70's smoked it but soon grew out of it as jobs, houses and family became more important. The ones I know who still partake never seemed to grow up. Their faces are older but still recognizable by the dull look to their eyes. They are happy I guess but to each their own.
"After 25 years or so of working with and around a fair number of regular marijuana users in an industrial environment, one of my biggest dreads was following up on a job they had started. Eight out of ten times no telling what screwed-up,"

I had the exact opposite experience. The few pot smokers I knew showed up ready to work and did great work because they didn't come to work hung over and feeling bad. The pot smokers never smoked when they were on the clock unlike the nicotine addicts who took periodic smoke breaks and the alcoholics who drank at lunch. The alcoholics and nicotine addicts didn't carry their weight but it was tolerated because most of the bosses were alcoholics and nicotine addicts.

What's your personal experience with pot? If you had any experience you'd know that pot isn't addictive like nicotine and alcohol.

So.... if some things are fake news, and others are real... how do you differentiate to make a choice, especially when it comes to topics like this?

Well, since both of these sources are highly pro-marijuana...

Why Is Cannabis Now So Different From 1970s Cannabis?

Modern Day Weed vs. Hippie Weed

Before the advent of and frequent use of pot we didnt have near the numbers of brain dead, dumbassed progressives who hate their homeland, like Ejp and Rollin Blunder and la Roy running around trying to take our Constitution down like we have now.

I have to wonder if there may be a connection between pot and the mental disorder we know as liberalism.
Posted By: viking Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
I would just as soon not hang around dopers or drunkards.
Originally Posted by viking
I would just as soon not hang around dopers or drunkards.

It sounds like you and Charlie had a couple things in common !
This story seems a bit off. It must not be that wealthy of a neighborhood if no one is doing anything about it. Its hard to imagine that would not be a codes violation.

Originally Posted by victoro
"After 25 years or so of working with and around a fair number of regular marijuana users in an industrial environment, one of my biggest dreads was following up on a job they had started. Eight out of ten times no telling what screwed-up,"

I had the exact opposite experience. The few pot smokers I knew showed up ready to work and did great work because they didn't come to work hung over and feeling bad. The pot smokers never smoked when they were on the clock unlike the nicotine addicts who took periodic smoke breaks and the alcoholics who drank at lunch. The alcoholics and nicotine addicts didn't carry their weight but it was tolerated because most of the bosses were alcoholics and nicotine addicts.

What's your personal experience with pot? If you had any experience you'd know that pot isn't addictive like nicotine and alcohol.

Maybe not as addictive for some, more so for others, just like nicotine and alcohol.

The heavy marijuana users I knew did always keep a paying job of some kind and report to work relatively regularly primarily because they had to in order to keep buying it.

Some even quit smoking tobacco because they heard that that would increase the effects of marijuana plus more money to buy more of it.

I asked one once who to me appeared to be a very intelligent and capable person that worked at a minimum wage job why he didn't try to do more with his abilities. His response was that he would not give up marijuana in order to pass required entrance employment and random drug testing at higher paying, better benefit vocations.

Another said he and his then live-in girlfriend (same guy that chose marijuana over a good wife and three little kids I mentioned earlier) averaged spending $250 a week (early-mid '90s) on mainly marijuana. Said he also sold it and other drugs too to help pay for their usage. He eventually got fired for theft of company property.

moderation is the key to most things that are potentially harmful. as an occasional cocktail, its fine. as a lifestyle, well you better hope you have a trust fund. i just wish they would invent a weed that didn't produce the munchies.
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
This story seems a bit off. It must not be that wealthy of a neighborhood if no one is doing anything about it. Its hard to imagine that would not be a codes violation.

Generally speaking in GA codes works off of complaints, if the neighbors know he's a whack job but harmless they may feel bad enbough to not complain.

Mike
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
I have watched a few individuals go downhill over the years. Some smoked pot, and some didn't. All whom I can think of right now had some choice of self-medication, but for every one of them, I can't really tell whether it was cause or effect. My best guess is that it is a little of both. One that I know very well had serious issues before ever trying alcohol or drugs, which I can point to as a root cause, but can't say whether or not he'd be just as bad off without them. Another, as far as I can tell, started with alcohol early in life and put a lot of effort into self-destruction, but made a sudden positive turn from the brink - and is more rational, reliable, and brilliant than many lifelong drug and alcohol free people I have known. He's too far gone to ever catch up socially or financially though.

One thing I'm pretty sure of though.....everyone is different, and what looks like a simple explanation from the outside rarely is. We don't individually have the power to end substance abuse or mental health problems, but we do have the power to knock on a door and say "Hi. How ya doin'".

Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Generally speaking in GA codes works off of complaints, if the neighbors know he's a whack job but harmless they may feel bad enbough to not complain.

Mike

Thats the way it works in TN. Its just that affluent neighborhoods usually don't take kindly to people devaluing the neighborhood.
...the stupid thoughts that jump into your head run out of your mouth instantly without being tempered by critical thought, which requires too much time and effort and energy on your part....

hmm......
I had go to house like that once, actually a few times. Man living there, we had an 10ft pipeline easement across his back fence.

One time he came out in his undies and shower shoes to show me where the air release valve case was. I already knew, but him and three pee-ka-poodles had to show me.

Figured he had a lady in the cistern so I didn’t oblige a free cold drink inside.

Should’ve hit him up for a spliff but I didn’t want make unfounded assumptions
I had go to house like that once, actually a few times. Man living there, we had an 10ft pipeline easement across his back fence.

One time he came out in his undies and shower shoes to show me where the air release valve case was. I already knew, but him and three pee-ka-poodles had to show me.

Figured he had a lady in the cistern so I didn’t oblige a free cold drink inside.

Should’ve hit him up for a spliff but I didn’t want make unfounded assumptions

He wasn't wearing tighty whities was he because that would be wrong.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
Is this thread dead yet? Is it time for take-aways?

Here's what I get out of it:

- Smoking pot is the key to success. It may not look like success, but it is.

- It's OK to screw your neighbors by letting your house collapse in rot.
- You are a judgemental prick if you don't agree.

- Pot actually makes you smarter. If we smoke enough, we'll all be Elon Musk some day.
- Being unemployed and letting your house rot is OK as long as you aren't alcoholic, then you're a lazy POS because alcohol is worse than pot.

- Humans have no higher calling than to sit around and enjoy a good buzz. If you can do it, you are at the pinnacle of success.

Did I miss anything?

Oh! One more!

- If you are mentally ill, pot is a really good treatment for it. It will snap you out of that anxiety and depression so well that you won't care if a tree falls on your house.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
...the stupid thoughts that jump into your head run out of your mouth instantly without being tempered by critical thought, which requires too much time and effort and energy on your part....

hmm......

I thought that was just drunks and my ex-wives who did that
Posted By: MM879 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/26/19
You forgot; defend your supply at all costs!
Oh! That's right! Reminds me of one more:

- Everything is on hold until you get your buzz on. If someone wants something done and you aren't buzzed, fug em!
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

Thats the way it works in TN. Its just that affluent neighborhoods usually don't take kindly to people devaluing the neighborhood.

I agree they probably knew the mama and being nice out of kindness to them, Plus it looks like it's on the back so out of site out of mind.

Sad

I’ll confess

Stupidity begates stupidity

Donald Duck McScrooge threads trigger the sieve-like tears in my meninges to spew forth.

laugh crazy crazy laugh
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Oh! That's right! Reminds me of one more:

- Everything is on hold until you get your buzz on. If someone wants something done and you aren't buzzed, fug em!

You 2 sound like Nancy Pelosi trying to explain what an assault rifle is
You sound like Larry Flint defending porn.

- Smoking pot is the key to success. It may not look like success, but it is.

- It's OK to screw your neighbors by letting your house collapse in rot.
- You are a judgemental prick if you don't agree.

- Pot actually makes you smarter. If we smoke enough, we'll all be Elon Musk some day.
- Being unemployed and letting your house rot is OK as long as you aren't alcoholic, then you're a lazy POS because alcohol is worse than pot.

- Humans have no higher calling than to sit around and enjoy a good buzz. If you can do it, you are at the pinnacle of success.

Did I miss anything?

Oh! One more!

- If you are mentally ill, pot is a really good treatment for it. It will snap you out of that anxiety and depression so well that you won't care if a tree falls on your house.

You forgot one.... smokin pot helps glaucoma... a little , sorta kinda.....
Nice summation btw
Weed helps me paint rifle stocks in really cool colors...😬🦄🦄😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Imagine what acid would do for your artistic skills Brother Beav....
You could also take a trip without leaving the farm.... win/win.. smile

I've actually watched a group of pot smokers who were just about to light up hide theirs when another known pot smoker happened to dive up next to them, they then pretended not to have any and asked him if he had any 'weed'.

A woman I used to work with, also a heavy pot smoker, was telling us at lunch once and laughing about how a cop had pulled her over earlier and she quickly had her young barely school age daughter sit on her 'stash' while the cop talked with her and shined his flashlight around inside her car.

I asked how she explained that to her little daughter?

Her answer was, "My daughter is cool with it"...

Yep, her daughter was "cool" alright, ...so "cool" that she wound up pregnant at 14.

Originally Posted by irfubar

Imagine...Wasn’t that a song by the Beatles? I’m pretty sure Beav on acid would find me ass naked on a neighbors roof yelling for everyone to behold a flying Beaver....😂😎
Originally Posted by joken2

I've actually watched a group of pot smokers who were just about to light up hide theirs when another known pot smoker happened to dive up next to them, they then pretended not to have any and asked him if he had any 'weed'.

A woman I used to work with, also a heavy pot smoker, was telling us at lunch once and laughing about how a cop had pulled her over earlier and she quickly had her young barely school age daughter sit on her 'stash' while the cop talked with her and shined his flashlight around inside her car.

Yep, her daughter was "cool" alright, ...so "cool" that she wound up pregnant at 14.

And there has never ever...never never never never never been

a nice little girl, who's mom got pulled over because unbeknownst to her her taillight was out, who asked her barely school aged daughter to pray while the cop shined his light around inside the car, in which he saw the Good Book sitting there on the seat..................

that wound up pregnant at 14.

Never never never never. Because good little girls never end up pregnant at 14.................whether mom asks them to sit on the bag of weed OR pray while the cop looks around the car.

Never.

Geno

Imagine...Wasn’t that a song by the Beatles? I’m pretty sure Beav on acid would find me ass naked on a neighbors roof yelling for everyone to behold a flying Beaver....😂😎

I seen a few Beavers in my life..............

but never a flyin' one.

Might be kinda cool. Maybe they could evolve some flaps like flyin' squirrels. Wouldn't be stuck to the streams and rivers then.

Geno

Holy cow!!!! You can get pregnant from sitting on pot? What if you put it in a condom?

I seen a few Beavers in my life..............

but never a flyin' one.

Might be kinda cool. Maybe they could evolve some flaps like flyin' squirrels. Wouldn't be stuck to the streams and rivers then.

Geno

Drugs seem to make all things possible, Geno...

Except for Meth, which appears to cause a dislike for bathing, and self care in most who indulge to the point of no return...😎
for fun when i was young i smoked some pott , drank plenty ,liked the ladies alot but i smashed up cars,motorclcles,snomobiles to much .the final straw came in one week totaled my nice black Harley was in the hospital and walked out two days later,i then smashed up my SS Nova 350 and my dad said to me you better take a hard looked at yourself you have nothing left to drive of your own and i don`t even want you on my lawn mower even,so either knock it off or get out ! so for some strange reason i met a real nice young sexy looking long haired blonde who looked good in blue-jeans was a christian who didn`t drink , use drugs or even ever have a boyfriend going to college about a week after my dad bitch me. married this blonde went back to school ,got a job,had kids and got addicted to fishing, hunting ,bowhunting and reloading ammo for bench guns and hunting rifles. i don`t understand why guys use drugs ,smoke anything or use drugs seems like a waste but thats ok if they pay their way in life and don`t destroy a family doing it. so a guy smokin pot for 50 years i don`t care he is not hurting anyone that`s the life he chose. myself i love being with my grandkids and shootin guns period !
It’s funny how a good woman can do that

The HOA frowns on that schit....
Originally Posted by pete53
for fun when i was young i smoked some pott , drank plenty ,liked the ladies alot but i smashed up cars,motorclcles,snomobiles to much .the final straw came in one week totaled my nice black Harley was in the hospital and walked out two days later,i then smashed up my SS Nova 350 and my dad said to me you better take a hard looked at yourself you have nothing left to drive of your own and i don`t even want you on my lawn mower even,so either knock it off or get out ! so for some strange reason i met a real nice young sexy looking long haired blonde who looked good in blue-jeans was a christian who didn`t drink , use drugs or even ever have a boyfriend going to college about a week after my dad bitch me. married this blonde went back to school ,got a job,had kids and got addicted to fishing, hunting ,bowhunting and reloading ammo for bench guns and hunting rifles. i don`t understand why guys use drugs ,smoke anything or use drugs seems like a waste but thats ok if they pay their way in life and don`t destroy a family doing it. so a guy smokin pot for 50 years i don`t care he is not hurting anyone that`s the life he chose. myself i love being with my grandkids and shootin guns period !

The first bold text answers the question of the 2nd bold text

The HOA frowns on that schit....

'specially ifn his roof had a hole in it fer 4 years or so.

Geno
Before the advent of and frequent use of pot we didnt have near the numbers of brain dead, dumbassed progressives who hate their homeland, like Ejp and Rollin Blunder and la Roy running around trying to take our Constitution down like we have now.

I have to wonder if there may be a connection between pot and the mental disorder we know as liberalism.

Hahahaha... anger isnt just a sign of weakness, its also a sign of sexual frustration.

So... how does one thats allowed to cut into ones eye become so gullible politically.... and so dumb to automatically assume anyone who doesnt fall for their trap is now a “liberal”...
I have several close friends that are certified tin foil hat guys... funny thing as things unfold they have been more right than wrong.... our friend Jag may very well be on the cutting edge....
I wouldn't poo poo him...
"Maybe not as addictive for some, more so for others, just like nicotine and alcohol."

Pot isn't physically addictive at all so it's nothing like nicotine and alcohol. If you quit using pot you won't have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms like you do when you quit using nicotine or alcohol. One real bad thing about smoking pot is it might tempt you to start smoking cigarettes. I've known people who did that and later stopped using pot but were never able to give up their cigarettes (or alcohol), most of them are dead now.
If you people knew how many of your family members, neighbors, coworkers and friends smoked weed, it would look like lemmings running over the clitts ! laugh

Moderation in all things is key

Ah bullshit. One of the stupidest sayings to gain popularity as faux sage wisdom.

Yes, moderation in all things. You should only shoot Heroine once a month. And only abort a few fetus's a year. Only bang hookers without condoms on Saturdays, and be sure not to ... ah forget it.

Hahahaha... anger isnt just a sign of weakness, its also a sign of sexual frustration.

So... how does one thats allowed to cut into ones eye become so gullible politically.... and so dumb to automatically assume anyone who doesnt fall for their trap is now a “liberal”...

Liberial's, just ain't all that hard to spot, like seeing your first bigfoot, once you see one, its etched into your memory for ever !

And there has never ever...never never never never never been

a nice little girl, who's mom got pulled over because unbeknownst to her her taillight was out, who asked her barely school aged daughter to pray while the cop shined his light around inside the car, in which he saw the Good Book sitting there on the seat..................

that wound up pregnant at 14.

Never never never never. Because good little girls never end up pregnant at 14.................whether mom asks them to sit on the bag of weed OR pray while the cop looks around the car.

Never.

Geno

Yea, good kids raised by good parents with strong wholesome moral values and discipline aren't immune from succumbing to negative life changing temptations at an early age, but stats show those who aren't are much more prone to and with greater frequency.

Anyway, this is sounding more and more like Liberal versus Conservative viewpoints, so, ...I guess go with what ever floats your boat...

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It’s funny how a good woman can do that

> yes but sometimes i do mis the bar yet ! even at 66 years old
Sounds like Charlie peaked in high school.
If you people knew how many of your family members, neighbors, coworkers and friends smoked weed, it would look like lemmings running over the clitts ! laugh

I want to know more about these clitts……?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I prefer to linger on them, rather than running over them.

Geno
Now you're talkin'....grin

Geno

You da man Geno!👍
Sometimes growing up with more than most, stifles ambition. Charlie could have suffered that.

I left home (single-wide) for the Marine Corps, two days after HS graduation. I'd never eaten so much, or made so much money for the amount of work.

I was hungry to succeed in my chosen endeavor, as there was no 'safety net'.

Geno

The F and the T are so close to gather, I have made similar mistakes, with much more startling results. shocked

I've heard said, that smoking weed makes you want to eat something........... whistle
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I have watched a few individuals go downhill over the years. Some smoked pot, and some didn't. All whom I can think of right now had some choice of self-medication, but for every one of them, I can't really tell whether it was cause or effect. My best guess is that it is a little of both. One that I know very well had serious issues before ever trying alcohol or drugs, which I can point to as a root cause, but can't say whether or not he'd be just as bad off without them. Another, as far as I can tell, started with alcohol early in life and put a lot of effort into self-destruction, but made a sudden positive turn from the brink - and is more rational, reliable, and brilliant than many lifelong drug and alcohol free people I have known. He's too far gone to ever catch up socially or financially though.

One thing I'm pretty sure of though.....everyone is different, and what looks like a simple explanation from the outside rarely is. We don't individually have the power to end substance abuse or mental health problems, but we do have the power to knock on a door and say "Hi. How ya doin'".

this
I like running over clitts.

Geno

The F and the T are so close to gather, I have made similar mistakes, with much more startling results. shocked

I've heard said, that smoking weed makes you want to eat something........... whistle

the M and the N always get me.

Why put two letters so sinilar right mext to each other.

Geno
Originally Posted by rem141r
moderation is the key to most things that are potentially harmful. as an occasional cocktail, its fine. as a lifestyle, well you better hope you have a trust fund. i just wish they would invent a weed that didn't produce the munchies.

This is it in a nutshell.

If you wake up and start drinking before you go to work (assuming you have a job) , drink throughout the day and then drink till you pass out you are a DRUNK!

If you wake up in the morning and get high before you go to work (assuming you have a job), smoke weed throughout the day and then get high til you go to bed you are a BURN OUT!

If you get up in the morning and get ready for work, work all day and then come home and want to relax and you have a few beers, maybe a cocktail or two or you smoke some weed and then go to bed there is zero difference.

Many people need coffee (caffeine) to start their day, many people smoke or chew (Nicotine) out of addiction, many people drink alcohol to relax, take the edge off, assist them in socializing, or simply forgetting how crappy their lives are. Then there are people that take a prescribed pill or pills every day to cope with depression, anxiety, sleeping disorders, etc. All those things are considered legal by federal law and openly accepted by society (with the exception of cigarettes , seems everyone hates that habit). But if a person smokes or consumes marijuana products to gain the same result as an alcohol or prescription pill user suddenly that’s not okay in the eyes of so many. Hypocrisy at its finest! And I didn’t even mention the number of people that die every year in this country from Alcohol or pharmaceuticals related deaths!

-
- It's OK to screw your neighbors by letting your house collapse in rot-

- Humans have no higher calling than to sit around and enjoy a good buzz. ..
-

So your 'higher calling' is to judge Charlie and concern yourself with the material property values of his neighbors.

the Holy Spirit directed you to this CF thread to do the Lords work?

serving the Lord can require one to do things that make the faithful uncomfortable, yet pleasing to the Lord.

You don't sound anything like the Jesus we read about in scripture,
rather you have a contrived life that you have purposely structured to suit yourself.

You can keep trying to Fake it till you make it, but I seriously doubt Jesus will buy it.

So what if Paddler wants to camp by the sewage lagoon and eat potted meat with salt n vinegar potato chips his whole life?hes a grown man and not bothering anyone over there. Too many calls to the sheriff when he stayed out back of Harbor Freight anyhoo .
Rather strange I think is our nations highest employment rate and apparently our nations highest homeless and mental condition rate, all after the proliferation of MJ.

Didnt China lose a generation to drugs before instituting the death penalty for purveyors?
Rather strange I think is our nations highest employment rate and apparently our nations highest homeless and mental condition rate, all after the proliferation of MJ.

Didnt China lose a generation to drugs before instituting the death penalty for purveyors?

They are all workin at the Dorito's factory Jag..... smile
The guys fuggen garage caved in four years ago and he can't be bothered with it? Oh yeah, he's a total pothead.

Michael Jackson??
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19

Michael Jackson??

He ded

Mike
Wrong Michael.

More people are killed in Air Jordan shootouts annually than deaths attributed to over dosing on weed.

(which is why I never wear my Air Jordan's outside the house...)
Posted By: jimy Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Wrong Michael.

More people are killed in Air Jordan shootouts annually than deaths attributed to over dosing on weed.

(which is why I never wear my Air Jordan's outside the house...)

I didn't know that you could get a sheep's feet in air Jordans ......
Loosen your laces cuzzin'.
Posted By: jimy Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Loosen your laces cuzzin'.

I thought it was cause I had them on backwards..... shocked
Originally Posted by Starman

-

-

So your 'higher calling' is to judge Charlie and concern yourself with the material property values of his neighbors.

the Holy Spirit directed you to this CF thread to do the Lords work?

serving the Lord can require one to do things that make the faithful uncomfortable, yet pleasing to the Lord.

You don't sound anything like the Jesus we read about in scripture,
rather you have a contrived life that you have purposely structured to suit yourself.

You can keep trying to Fake it till you make it, but I seriously doubt Jesus will buy it.

Praise the Lord crazy isn't contagious. You'd be a modern day Typhoid Larry.
Posted By: ERK Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19
Some of you guys look at things wrong. If it weren’t for drugs and abortion we would be overrun with certain folks. You have to consider all this before saying it’s bad.lol. Ed k
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by Starman

-

Let's compare/contrast these views. Mine's readily apparent, but Starman can't seem to understand his own. His view is that he is an island, what he does affects no one else. Basically, screw those neighbors if they don't like the blight.

I understand Charlie has a problem. It would be charitable to give Charlie a hand up, not a hand out. You, on the other hand, say Charlie is fine and if he's not, screw Charlie too.

I'd love to hear more details about your life, Starman. Not that it really matters, there'd be no helping you. I'm really sorry for you, you sound like you've had quite a bit of trauma in your life.
Easy to see how HOA's get so popular.
Like, wow man, the garage like, caved all in and schit. Huh uh huh uh huh uh.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Easy to see how HOA's get so popular.
That's unfortunate.

People should get together and fix the house. But who wants to fix the house of a millionaire for free?

So what do people do? Create HOAs and sue the owners of blighted properties and force the money to be spent.

It's sad. frown
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Not more so than beer. Some folks drink a couple of six packs a day and are fully functioning participants in society, and some are not.
$3.67 in gas money
jug of sweet tea
hog leg behind the ear

All day arrowhead hunting

simple things in life

👌
$3.67 in gas money
jug of sweet tea
hog leg behind the ear

All day arrowhead hunting

simple things in life

👌

You are my hero.

Charlie is a loser.

This right here
And yeah not a pot smoker myself in any way, but i know people who have smoked it the entire life and are fully functional. I have family members who do lol. Raised nice families and have awesome jobs. Hell ones an engineer and one install and works on mri machines. Its all in the drive of the individual
Posted By: CCCC Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 01/02/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not more so than beer. Some folks drink a couple of six packs a day and are fully functioning participants in society, and some are not.
So, they get a participation trophy?
Posted By: BarryC Re: Fifty Years of Smoking Dope - 01/02/20
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, they get a participation trophy?
That's pretty funny. One time I sold a small boat to this rich guy. I don't remember what he did, but he was loaded. I think he had some apartments and such. Anyway, I couldn't put my hands on the title right away so later I stop by his house to drop it off. Go in & BS for a while and have a beer or two with him. Nice guy right? After we finished our second beer, he disappears and his girl friend who had been off doing other things shows back up DRESSED IN A FUGGIN TEDDY and tells me Mr. Rich guy is passed out and won't be waking up until the next day and that this is his normal pattern to drink all day and pass out by 6pm. I'm like "Ma'am I gotta scoot" and she's literally begging me to bone her. I'm a married man so I got out of there post haste. I couldn't help but feel kind of sorry for her. She probably hadn't been banged by "Mr Functional Alcoholic" in months!
© 24hourcampfire