Home
Posted By: krp dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Dennis was headed up with his buddy to run hounds, hit black ice at Preacher canyon, bad wreck, killed the dogs and they are in the Payson hospital, CT came back ok but very sore, his son is headed up or I would be.

Chit happens fast.

Kent
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Damn.

Prayers sent.

He'd just posted about driving on ice...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...395241/studded-tires-or-not#Post14395241
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Holy cow!

Good luck to them!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Dang, glad it wasn't worse.
Posted By: krp Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
The hospital is very good, I ended up there when I broke my leg on an elk hunt, had surgery from one of the 5 best orthopedic surgeons in the nation.

Kent
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers to Dennis. Sad on the dogs......

Black ice has always spooked me.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers sent
Posted By: 338Rem Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Dang, hope he recovers quickly. Thoughts and prayers sent.
Posted By: g5m Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Best wishes to them.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Sad stuff that, wish them well.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Dayum. Thanks for sharing and let him know we're all hoping for a quick recovery and that we're sorry about the dogs.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
That is really hard to hear! I just sent Dennis a 6.5 barrel blank.
Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Black ice has to be the worst road hazzard to can encounter. Best of luck to them.
Posted By: ingwe Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
UGH! Thanks for the heads up Ken...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
dang, dennis....
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: SKane Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
shocked shocked

Hope for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Oh no! This hurts me to hear. Sending out good words.
Posted By: kingston Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Thanks for the heads up. That’s terrible news about the dogs. Here’s to hoping they heal up fast and w/o complication.
Posted By: rainshot Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Sorry to hear. Black ice is the worst nightmare I can think of. Pray for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Steve Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Wow. Glad it wasn't worse. Please pass on my thoughts on the dogs and a get well soon.
Posted By: tdbob Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Yikes! Sorry about the dogs. Prayers sent.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Terrible news. I hope he makes a quick and complete recovery. Really sorry to hear this. Prayers outbound.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Posted By: skeen Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Sad on the dogs. I hope Dennis recovers quickly.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Recover well Dennis, thanks krp. Losing your dogs is as painful as the injuries.

mike r
Posted By: EdM Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Sad news indeed Kent.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Speedy recovery Dennis!
I had a finger reattached by that surgeon, but had to go to Flag from Payson to do it.
Sucks about the pups
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Damn hate to hear this.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Kent;
Thanks for letting us know this less than grand news.

If anyone here sees or is in communication with the family, please let them know we're thinking about and praying for him.

All the best to you and your fine family in 2020 Kent and please let's all be careful out there.

Dwayne
Posted By: JonS Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
That stinks, glad he's able to be sore, way better than not. Sad news about his hounds, family is tough to lose!
Send him good thoughts and speedy recovery wishes!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Man, sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear though, and PTL, that Dennis is going to be ok.
Posted By: Judman Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Damn it he’s one of the gooduns. Get well
Posted By: J23 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers sent. My condolences on your loss Mr. Dennis.
Posted By: ironbender Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Sorry to read this. Get well.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Kent, keep us posted on Dennis and tell him he's in our prayers.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Dennis, when you read this, we are all glad you're gonna be okay.
Posted By: Calvin Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Oh crap. Dennis heal up buddy.
Posted By: CCCC Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Talked with D - he's hurting and mobility is difficult - but apparently no serious injury. Busy dealing with the aftermath/wreckage - friends dogs (expensive) were ejected and the search is ongoing. Happened against a guard rail above Preacher Canyon on 260 - could have been much worse - so grateful.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Talked with D - he's hurting and mobility is difficult - but apparently no serious injury. Busy dealing with the aftermath/wreckage - friends dogs (expensive) were ejected and the search is ongoing. Happened against a guard rail above Preacher Canyon on 260 - could have been much worse - so grateful.

Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers sent...Sad as fûck about this news. 😎
Posted By: kk alaska Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Thankful Dennis is ok could have been so much worse. Sad about the dogs. Heal up see you in the spring. Kurt
Preacher canyon curve was a real chitass before the straighten the road, even in good weather semis" would be tits up over the guardrail quite often.

Talked to my sister that lives by there, she used the word treaturous to describe the roads up there.

Kent
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Holy Cow! Hope he is ok, and gets out of the hospital quickly. 😬
Posted By: Valsdad Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
scheidt.

thanks for the updates folks.

Just knew it wasn't going to be good news when I saw the title of the thread. Nasty stuff that ice.

Geno
Posted By: tzone Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Damn! I'm glad it's not worse and he'll heal up!
Posted By: saddlering Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Yes Dam, to bad about the hounds, at least the fellows will make it!
Posted By: Ward Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Being in a wreck like that can rattle you for a while even after you're physically OK. Real sorry to hear the news but glad Dennis will be OK.
Posted By: RickBin Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
My prayers for Dennis.

Get better, pal.
F me, F me F me, seems 2 dogs are still missing possibly alive. I poured a slab before I found this out and am now sitting here watching concrete dry. Of I can get this done and up there before dark I'm headed, storm coming in again this evening... F me I'm dying here.

Kent
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Very bad deal for Dennis and family during the holidays no less. Hang tough Dennis, sorry about this.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp
Dennis was headed up with his buddy to run hounds, hit black ice at Preacher canyon, bad wreck, killed the dogs and they are in the Payson hospital, CT came back ok but very sore, his son is headed up or I would be.

Chit happens fast.

Kent

bridge right there, always colder on the bridge. AZ-511 shows another wreck right now, closer to Kohls Ranch. Be damned careful if you head up there. Hoping for the best for everyone.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp
F me, F me F me, seems 2 dogs are still missing possibly alive. I poured a slab before I found this out and am now sitting here watching concrete dry. Of I can get this done and up there before dark I'm headed, storm coming in again this evening... F me I'm dying here.

Kent

If you go anywhere yourself, please be careful Kent.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
To a speedy recovery , brother!
One dog found on colcord rd, one missing.

Kent
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Hoping for a quick recovery for Dennis and condolences for dogs.
Posted By: ingwe Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp
One dog found on colcord rd, one missing.

Kent

Take a dog with you...any dog...it will help in finding lost ones.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Stay safe Kent.

Weather is bad all the way from the hills of San Diego to you folks.

Wrecks on I 8 east of SD.

Geno
My hound buddy told me to drop off their box and blankets at crash site, another where the dog was found, take other dogs if possible, chain them, shoot into the ground to get them barking. He's lost dogs before.

Dennis is resting right now, I hope he can provide me with some of that stuff. I doubt I can get up before dark, I'll see what he says.

Kent
Posted By: kid0917 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

same from Virginia, I hate to hear this.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp
My hound buddy told me to drop off their box and blankets at crash site, another where the dog was found, take other dogs if possible, chain them, shoot into the ground to get them barking. He's lost dogs before.

Dennis is resting right now, I hope he can provide me with some of that stuff. I doubt I can get up before dark, I'll see what he says.

Kent

don't rush into an accident yourself! hoping the dogs show up. they will be fine for a night out but I know you want to help, good on you, sir!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Good Man!

I'm sure sorry to hear about our Campfire friend being injured. I know we all have him in our thoughts.

Hoping he recovers 100% and the other pup is found safe and sound.
Mike said the dog can survive 100%, so I'm taking the long view, what I can do tomorrow if the other isn't found, my sister lives between the crash and finding she is asking around.

Hopefully the locals will find the dog today.

Kent
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Be careful Kent!

And thank you!
Posted By: okie Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Prayers for all ….
Originally Posted by krp
Mike said the dog can survive 100%, so I'm taking the long view, what I can do tomorrow if the other isn't found, my sister lives between the crash and finding she is asking around.

Hopefully the locals will find the dog today.

Kent

Dogs are pretty resilient.

Just hoping they are all wearing ID tags or chips.

I worry more about them being picked up by the type person that wouldn't return them.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Good luck Kent.
Posted By: Judman Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yep day before tracking collars dad used to leave his wool coat where we dropped em, day or 2 later they’d be back. Good luck Kent
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
Originally Posted by krp
Preacher canyon curve was a real chitass before the straighten the road, even in good weather semis" would be tits up over the guardrail quite often.

Talked to my sister that lives by there, she used the word treaturous to describe the roads up there.

Kent

for some reason i thought they had shut that road down this morning due to snow, guess i was wrong.
that for sure is a knarly stretch of road particularly in bad weather, i do think another storm is coming in from the looks down here. be careful of road closures kent.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: dennisinaz - 12/26/19
that sure looks like a load of stuff coming in from calif.
https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2019-12-26-post-christmas-winter-storm-plains
Posted By: krp Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
That dog went 15 miles before found passing up some small communities.

My sister was able to get alerts out to all the fire dept, search and rescues from khols ranch to Young...

Well Dennis just text me while writing the other dog was found, he's going to sleep now and turning his phone off.

Kent
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Thanks for that good news
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Kent, thanks for the update on Dennis and the hounds. You be careful traveling those roads while checking on everything.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
good news
Posted By: slumlord Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Good news for sure on the hounds. Let the man get his rest.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
it was good to hear that
Ok last update...

Dennis home and hurting but safe.

Two dogs ejected and in the dark the owner looking over the edge of the road and not finding the dogs thought they were gone, two dogs stayed in the truck and were bounced around but alive. The two dogs ejected were found in different locations, one residence 15 miles away and the other a camp ground.

So no dead dogs, a wrecked truck and hurting humans.

Kent
Posted By: huntinaz Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Hell. Get healed up Dennis
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
I’m amazed where and how that dog turned up!
Glad D and T are still with us ...

J
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Great news on the dogs and now Dennisinaz can stop worrying about them and get better.
Posted By: irfubar Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Thanks Kent for the updates
Posted By: luv2safari Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Great news that should boost his spirits.
Posted By: RufusG Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad to hear everybody and dogs made it out more or less okay. Heal up fast!
Originally Posted by krp
Ok last update...

Two dogs ejected and in the dark the owner looking over the edge of the road and not finding the dogs thought they were gone, two dogs stayed in the truck and were bounced around but alive. The two dogs ejected were found in different locations, one residence 15 miles away and the other a camp ground.

Kent

Ha. Great news. PTL.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Great news! Thanks for the update, Kent.
Posted By: 700LH Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Get well Dennis
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Holy Cow! Just saw this thread. Glad the dog's were found alive. Get well Dennis!
Posted By: saddlering Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Great News!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
I’ll be keeping them in my prayers and I’m happy to hear that the dogs have been found.

Kent, You’re a good man for going out of your way to help others, many of us already knew that though. You’re a fine example for others and benefit to the campfire as a whole.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad to hear the dogs are OK and Dennis is home on the mend. Could have been much worse.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ll be keeping them in my prayers and I’m happy to hear that the dogs have been found.

Kent, You’re a good man for going out of your way to help others, many of us already knew that though. You’re a fine example for others and benefit to the campfire as a whole.

Yes Sir.

Thanks for being their for all of us, but especially Dennis and the hounds.

Keep all these good tips coming. I just learned a lot about finding lost dogs.
Posted By: GregW Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
He was texting me about a new scope a few hours ago. It wasn't a Leupold after his failed one. Grin....

Said he was hurting but ok.....
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Good to hear everything is relatively OK.

Dennis, if you see this thread, know Eileen and I are with you!
Posted By: WVGuy Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Prayers for a recovery! Someone was watching over them.
Posted By: Deans Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
I don’t post much but I’m sure glad (Praise The Lord) all are ok. The vehicles and equipment can be replaced. So glad everyone and dogs are home sore but safe.

Prayers have been sent
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Just finally felt like sitting down to a computer. Very sore-can hardly move. All dogs accounted for; two in bad shape but will live. They fell 50-60 feet in the dark off a bridge and somehow managed to run/walk 15 miles in the snow to a neighborhood where they were found separately. They were very young hounds. We managed to hit the bridge wall head-on about 60 mph we think. I had a cup of hot cocoa in my hand. After we came to a stop we were covered with 'warm' liquid. We thought we were covered with blood. Turned on a light and saw it was the cocoa. Never did get it out of my hair until I got home.

Thought my neck was broken but CT negative. Did I mention I was sore? We took the Tacoma this morning instead of the F350 and Ranger so that we could run snow and not freeze to death. Tacoma is totalled with bent frame. Rear end went up to at least 45 or more degrees when we made the final impact. It was at least 50 feet to the bottom and maybe more. Would not have been a happy ending.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I think I will go lay back down again. I suspect my hunting for 2019 is over!

Dennis
Thanks for this info, D.
I just couldnt see the dogs all dead and humans survive.
I hope you have some something for pain. You are probably going to be in a lot of misery tomorrow.
Posted By: Steve Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Great news!
Posted By: Seafire Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis, just seeing this... thank God you are alright and are only temporary a little worse for wear and tear...

yeah, black ice can be a bitch.....guess you guys don't get a lot of that down in Arizona...

Prayers for you to make a quick recovery, and also the dogs.....
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Good to hear you are OK!
Posted By: 270jrk Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis, relieved to hear you guys are okay. What a scary deal.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Sounds like the Tacoma did a good job absorbing the impact.
Posted By: GregW Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Just finally felt like sitting down to a computer. Very sore-can hardly move. All dogs accounted for; two in bad shape but will live. They fell 50-60 feet in the dark off a bridge and somehow managed to run/walk 15 miles in the snow to a neighborhood where they were found separately. They were very young hounds. We managed to hit the bridge wall head-on about 60 mph we think. I had a cup of hot cocoa in my hand. After we came to a stop we were covered with 'warm' liquid. We thought we were covered with blood. Turned on a light and saw it was the cocoa. Never did get it out of my hair until I got home.

Thought my neck was broken but CT negative. Did I mention I was sore? We took the Tacoma this morning instead of the F350 and Ranger so that we could run snow and not freeze to death. Tacoma is totalled with bent frame. Rear end went up to at least 45 or more degrees when we made the final impact. It was at least 50 feet to the bottom and maybe more. Would not have been a happy ending.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I think I will go lay back down again. I suspect my hunting for 2019 is over!

Dennis

Glad you still with us pard..
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad to hear everybody made it through alive.
Hopefully you will be able to get out of bed in the morning.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad everybody and the dogs are okay.
Posted By: lundtroller Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis,

So sorry to read about this today. I am grateful that you were not hurt worse. Never hurts to have someone looking down on you...
Heal quickly my friend.

Todd J.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
I just saw this this evening. If I'd seen it sooner I have a friend in Payson that would have checked in with you to see if he could help.
Under the circumstances it seems about as good as we could hope for. Best wishes, Dennis.
Posted By: Border Doc Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19

Dennis, thanks for sharing the good news. I'm sure there were a lot of other things you could have been doing, but it sure is good to "hear" you're able to wiggle.

It looks like there is a whole lot more planned for your future. Thank God.

Let us know how any of us can help. There are a lot of your friends out here, closer than you might think.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by krp
Ok last update...

Kent

That's as good as news as one can hope for.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad for this outcome....prayers for a speedy recovery!
Posted By: hemiallen Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Wow Dennis

Sounds like someone was watching over you.

Be sure to take all the pain/ anti inflammatory meds they recommend, sounds like you will be sore for weeks, or longer.

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery
Posted By: jwall Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis
It’s Thursday, after Christmas. Man I just now saw this thread. Went to back and
read back to your update.

SO GLAD it wasn’t worse and that the dogs lived TOO.
The OP gave me shivers !! For all of y’all! !

I guess I don’t have to tell you to take it easy LOL.

Best of Luck and Get Well ASAP.
Keep us posted please.

Your Friend

Jerry
Posted By: 280shooter Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Happy to hear that you are doing better. Get well soon.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis,

Just saw this, glad you are still with us!

Kurt
Posted By: AB2506 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
The 'Fire has lost some good ones recently. Sure glad it didn't lose another.

While I believe human life takes precedence over dogs, you both can rest easier knowing the dogs are all accounted for and will recover.

Wishing you and friend a complete and speedy recovery.
Posted By: ironbender Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Happy to read that all the flesh is or will be ok. Stuff can be replaced.
Posted By: milespatton Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Internet has been out, so I am late to this thread. Glad everything is looking up.
Get well soon, Dennis. You may be through hunting for 2019, but in a few days is is 2020. Miles
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Sounds like a severe wreck, thank goodness vehicles are designed with crush zones now. Musta been deceptive conditions, it ain’t like newbies were at the wheel.

I’m glad no one was dead or crippled.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Trucks are easy to replace. Glad everyone is ok and on the road to recovery.
Posted By: moosemike Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Wow. Good to hear everyone is OK.
Posted By: cowman Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis, glad to hear you are OK. Hoping for a full recovery.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Sorry to hear of the wreck, but glad to hear that everyone came out ok.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis my best to you for a speedy recovery, and glad the dogs were found. My prayers are with you .

Kent what a hell of a fine man you are.
I didn't do a damn thing but worry and vent frustration...

Anyway that is some of the roughest country in Az, here's Dennis's bull we had to pack out just a few miles away from the wreck. We hiked in before light, he shot this bull across the canyon, 225 yard shot, I climbed down in and back up while he directed me with a radio, when I got on the other side it took him 30 minutes to get over there himself... he said, Holy cow that is the farthest 225 yards I ever went...

Those dogs were tough.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: hitandmiss Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Drove from Show Low to Payson 2 days in a row over Christmas picking up my daughter, and dropping her off at her car. The roads were "sporty" to put it mildly. On the way down the first trip there were 3 vehicles off the road when you first dropped off the rim. On the way down the next day someone had rolled a RV in the Forest Lakes area. And folks were still trying to do 60+MPH on roads that i was happy doing 30 on. From Heber on the roads were fine. It is now snowing hard at the house, best to wait a bit.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
And folks were still trying to do 60+MPH on roads that i was happy doing 30 on.

It's the other folks on the road I worry about most driving in bad weather.
Posted By: akjeff Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad to hear you're relatively OK Dennis, and hope you heal up quick. Bonus that the dogs made it, that's great. Hopefully, you'll still be able to make your trip back up here this summer. Be well.

Jeff
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
It's good to hear you're doing good after your (mis)adventure. Heal quickly, sir.
Morning, all
I have never been so stiff and sore in my life, but it is good to be alive!

I can't fault the Tacoma- it did pretty well in the crash considering. No injuries to our legs for the most part but knees are very sore. Truck had brand new Toyos on it - still slipped on the ice. We probably should have slowed down in hindsight. Dogs may be reluctant to get in their kennels in the future. I've seen a few horse that had bad trailer experiences that were hard loaders from then on.

I appreciate all the well wishes. Just going to stay home and convalesce for a few days. I am wondering if recoil will hurt- might be a range day or two in my near future!

Merry Christmas and a Bright new year to all

Dennis
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Dennis is okay.

The dogs are okay.

I feel better just knowing.

Arizona is beautiful, but treacherous, like an ex-wife.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad to hear you’re OK Dennis, and resting up with be a thousand times easier knowing you’re dogs are home safe and resting too.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Good to hear from you Dennis!!!
Posted By: add Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
smile
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Glad you are OK and on the mend.
One dog appears hurt, the others physically seem ok
Originally Posted by krp
I didn't do a damn thing but worry and vent frustration...

Anyway that is some of the roughest country in Az, here's Dennis's bull we had to pack out just a few miles away from the wreck. We hiked in before light, he shot this bull across the canyon, 225 yard shot, I climbed down in and back up while he directed me with a radio, when I got on the other side it took him 30 minutes to get over there himself... he said, Holy cow that is the farthest 225 yards I ever went...

Those dogs were tough.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Reminds me of a long time ago where the mountains fall off into the desert just east of Almorgordo off the West Side Road. Deep canyons cut back in where my bud and I were deer hunting before lack of lion control and low coyote fur prices cleaned them pretty much out.

I spied a nice buck about 350 yards across a steep and deep ravine we couldnt see the bottom of and settled the WBY on a rock to end it's hard life in the cold desert mountains when my bud said if you pull that trigger I'm headed back to camp.

Saved that bucks life.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: dennisinaz - 12/27/19
Good to hear you are still with us, hope all your dogs recover to hunt another day. Rio7
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
One dog has a couple of nasty breaks in one foot. I find it too much trouble to post photos here anymore so I won't try to put up the X-ray pics. The other dogs are physically OK it appears. Surprisingly, to me anyway, I don't seem to feel much better yet. My neck is in knots. I went in to work this morning and it was an easy day. I cooked breakfast for the whole hangar- we had antelope, axis and elk sausage. I fixed a couple of airplanes and went home- for the last time. Retired- at least that's what I told them! I have 3 1/2 months off now of our best weather of the year. If my neck would just straighten up and give me some freedom!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
Well, I wont agree that you went home the last time.

However, it can take some weeks and months before strained joint stuff heals.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
Daughter and I were sorry to hear this and we hope for a speedy recovery. Also sorry to hear about the dogs.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
Dennis, I just saw this thread - and thank the Lord that you, your buddy, and the dogs survived!
Best wishes for the New Year.
Posted By: ironbender Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
Know a good chiropractor or rolfer?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: dennisinaz - 01/01/20
Glad everyone and the dogs are okay.
© 24hourcampfire