Home
Posted By: wdenike Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
Anybody have any input on Wicked Sharpeners?

Take care, Willie
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
I have a Wicked edge GO and has helped me get S30V shaving sharp, very well made and easy to setup!

Money well spent!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
Surfed it up and it looks to be well engineered. Don't know about setup time, but if one can accomplish that he should be able to generate a consistent edge. That top end pro model is a bit spendy though.
Posted By: killahog Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
99 % of the time I carry a Kershaw 1660 have three of the same knives and just rotate them, it only takes about 5 minutes to clamp one in the Wicked and get it sharp enough to shave.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
Thanks guys. I have a Gatgo and it's pretty bad ass. But was wondering how much better the wicked could be for that much more coin.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by wdenike
Thanks guys. I have a Gatgo and it's pretty bad ass. But was wondering how much better the wicked could be for that much more coin.

Take care, Willie

On an entirely different plane...

I have Bader and Wilton Square Wheel grinders, a Tormek t-4, Edge Pro, Work Sharp Onion and Culinary, Warthog, and literally darn near every other gidget and gadget out there... (I do custom heat treat and sharpening)

The Wicked Edge IS top of the heap, with Edge Pro second.

Clay Allison is one of the best guys in the knife world (noted that Ben Dale of Edge Pro ranks in the same league.)
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20
Wow those wicked edge sharpeners come at a price.
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: Knife sharpener - 01/05/20

On an entirely different plane...

I have Bader and Wilton Square Wheel grinders, a Tormek t-4, Edge Pro, Work Sharp Onion and Culinary, Warthog, and literally darn near every other gidget and gadget out there... (I do custom heat treat and sharpening)

The Wicked Edge IS top of the heap, with Edge Pro second.

Clay Allison is one of the best guys in the knife world (noted that Ben Dale of Edge Pro ranks in the same league.)

Can you expound on the Tormek unit. I'm kind of interested in trying it.
© 24hourcampfire