Home
Posted By: smokinggun VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
I thought I’d start a thread here that we could use as a roll call and communication for the 20th.

It would be great to meet some of y’all that are coming and put a face to a screen-name.

This might come in handy for parking as well.

I heard on the radio the other day VCDL president say possibly 50,000 - 125,000 gun owners are expected to show up.

I will be there for sure!
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Up......
Posted By: jackmountain Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Where's best place to park nearby?
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Parking is going to suck, it always does in that area. I will look into it. Maybe it might help if people aren’t working if that day is a holiday. There are some parking decks around. I was thinking of maybe parking a few miles away near a bus route and taking a public bus.
Posted By: 1_deuce Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Parking is going to be a bitch! That's the worst part about that area of Richmond for any real number of attendees.... Lots of folks are going to have to park and hike a good ways. Arrive very early!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Rent some buses to bring people in.
Posted By: 1_deuce Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Already being done!
Posted By: Brazos Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
What is VCDL?
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Brazos
What is VCDL?

Virginia Citizens Defense League. I'll be there on 20 Jan, riding VCDL chartered bus from Accomack County.
OMC
Posted By: Brazos Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Thanks. On both counts!
Posted By: 163bc Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/06/20
Many of the streets around the capital will be closed off. I expect a lot of last minute changes too.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/11/20
Dems passed a new rule in a secret meeting - no firearms inside building. They are already lying by saying the Capitol Police suggested this. Looks like they are scared and of course for good reason.

The rally for the most part is outside of the buildings on Capitol grounds and most all people attending will be armed, myself included. There will be people speaking to the crowd outside on our behalf during the day and a lot of people going inside to speak as well.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/17/20
PARKING: If you are coming by car, there will be a satellite parking area at the Diamond located at 3001 N Arthur Ashe Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230. The entrance to the parking lot is round the corner on Robin Hood Road. VCDL will be running shuttle buses from the Diamond to 9th and Broad Streets from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Shuttle bus and parking are free, but if you want to make a donation to help cover the cost you can donate online by going to http://vcdl.org/donate. Street parking and local private garages will fill up quickly and we are trying to keep the traffic congestion around the area as low as possible.

HANDICAP DROP OFF: There will be an area on E. Marshall Street between 8th and 9th for handicap drop-off and pick-up. This will also be the location where the shuttle buses from the Diamond parking lot will load and unload. It is a 5 block walk to the point where the lines will form to enter the building and about 3-4 blocks to the entrance to Capitol Square. This is the closest that the Richmond Police Department (RPD) can get us. Also, please be advised that there will be no special entry line into the building for disabled people. The Capitol Police (CPD) and the Department of General Services (DGS) have indicated that one line and one entrance will be used for everyone.
Northam may be playing Lincoln to gun owner's Charleston. VCDL is trying to avoid it, but the game has already gone past that.

The loonie intellectuals pushing this are so out of touch with reality they won't see what is really at stake unless they have a rope around their necks. America was past this. "Doomed to repeat it"
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/18/20
If you have a two way radio you may want to bring it and set it on channel two. I heard that's what VCDL is suggesting for keeping up with what's happening.

I know this isn't a 24hr meet and greet but it would be nice to say hi in person to some of you all that are coming.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by smokinggun
If you have a two way radio you may want to bring it and set it on channel two. I heard that's what VCDL is suggesting for keeping up with what's happening.

I know this isn't a 24hr meet and greet but it would be nice to say hi in person to some of you all that are coming.

I'll be there. Just look for a guy with an orange "guns save lives" sticker on his jacket.
Posted By: denton Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
I'm across the country from the event... no chance of attending.

It is rumored that Antifa is going to be there, and to present themselves as supporters of firearm rights, so that VCDL gets painted with the same brush as Antifa.

If so, it's going to get a bit sporting. Plan accordingly.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain
...Just look for a guy with an orange "guns save lives" sticker on his jacket.

That makes two of us... I'll have an orange GSL sticker on as well...

The two of us should be easy to find.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing

(Grin)
Posted By: okie Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Godspeed gentlemen. Have a care with your lives, live to fight another day....
Posted By: Borchardt Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by okie

Hope those boys aren't riding into an ambush, Waco Twin Peaks style.
Posted By: longshot3 Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
I'll be there for sure. Leaving with a couple of buddies tomorrow afternoon and got a hotel three miles away. If things turn to crap, we have a couple of exit plans set. Good luck to everyone there, and be safe!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by okie

Hope those boys aren't riding into an ambush, Waco Twin Peaks style.

The davidians were out numbered, we aren't.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Coonman does NOT even trust HIS OWN POLICE WITH GUNS!

https://trackbill.com/bill/virginia...ion-unit-possession-of-firearms/1814664/

"Virginia State Police; Executive Protection Unit; possession of firearms. Provides that notwithstanding any other provision of law, a state police officer serving on the Executive Protection Unit may possess a firearm only to the extent permitted by law for a civilian."

i.e. "Citizens will be disarmed"... So will LEO
Posted By: ribka Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by longshot3
I'll be there for sure. Leaving with a couple of buddies tomorrow afternoon and got a hotel three miles away. If things turn to crap, we have a couple of exit plans set. Good luck to everyone there, and be safe!

Good luck. stay safe
Posted By: Troutnut Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20

I'll be around there somewhere. I've met Cash several times. Jack mountain once on a deal.
Posted By: smokinggun Re: VCDL Lobby Day Jan 20 - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Troutnut

I'll be around there somewhere. I've met Cash several times. Jack mountain once on a deal.

I'll be the guy with the blaze orange guns save lives t-shirt. smile
© 24hourcampfire