Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/06/20
Any former 82nd Airborne doggies here?

Thousands More US Troops Deploying to Middle East in Response to Iranian Threats

[Linked Image from images03.military.com]
clic pic for story
Didn't this already happen? Like last week?
They won't be there long.

Anything serious that happens with Iran, which I think is highly unlikely, will be short, hard & will not require any kind of ground troops to be in or otherwise occupy Iran.

This is just smart precautionary & good PR for Trump in moving assets into the general area & showing the Iranians that he is not going to hesitate to kick their azzes.

The Iranians are really not dumb enough to start any kind of full scale & ongoing direct overt action against the U.S.

Some terrorist stuff, & maybe some other nominal stuff against some of our allies there, but if they get too aggressive, Trump is going to body slam them real quick like in front of Allah & the rest of the world.

MM
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

It takes the Army much longer to get somewhere than the Marines, so I was just trying to give them equal billing! grin
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

It takes the Army much longer to get somewhere than the Marines, so I was just trying to give them equal billing! grin

Gotcha. I'm former Army, so I can appreciate. One thing the Army taught me was to "wait like a mf'er".
Marines do their share of "Hurry up and Wait!" grin

Roger that.

Roger that.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Anything serious that happens with Iran, which I think is highly unlikely, will be short, hard & will not require any kind of ground troops to be in or otherwise occupy Iran.

This is just smart precautionary & good PR for Trump in moving assets into the general area & showing the Iranians that he is not going to hesitate to kick their azzes.

The Iranians are really not dumb enough to start any kind of full scale & ongoing direct overt action against the U.S.

Some terrorist stuff, & maybe some other nominal stuff against some of our allies there, but if they get too aggressive, Trump is going to body slam them real quick like in front of Allah & the rest of the world.

MM

Any bets on whether or not we will respond to this:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ense-contractors-killed-kenya/index.html
Trigger, the Marines assigned to the African Response force are now being deployed to the middle east. I'd say we are stretched a bit thin right now.

It's a little more complicated than that.

The "ready battalion" of the 82nd can be anywhere in the world in 18 hours, but the more extensive the deployment, the longer it takes to get everyone in place.
Posted By: 79S Re: 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/07/20

Lol bull chit... the 82d already deployed a BCT Kuwait 2 days ago.. the marines are on some tuna boat sailing that direction..
And their has been Armor bde in Kuwait for a while..
]

All the Way!

11B3PF7
1/505 PIR

When I was young.
spent some time with them though not infantry, my GT score was too high for that laugh

Mike
I’m in 4-25 most guys will spend a week arguing 25th ID doesn’t have a 4th bde..
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m in 4-25 most guys will spend a week arguing 25th ID doesn’t have a 4th bde..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Brigade_Combat_Team_(Airborne),_25th_Infantry_Division
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
]

All the Way!

11B3PF7
1/505 PIR

When I was young.

My Baby brother jumped Granada.
82nd Artillery.
Proud of him.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

^^^This^^^
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
]

All the Way!

11B3PF7
1/505 PIR

When I was young.

My Baby brother jumped Granada.
82nd Artillery.
Proud of him.

My West Point roommate jumped Grenada. It was cool as hell having a combat veteran as a roommate with both Ranger and Pathfinder tabs.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It's a little more complicated than that.

The "ready battalion" of the 82nd can be anywhere in the world in 18 hours, but the more extensive the deployment, the longer it takes to get everyone in place.

Yes, I know - see above. But when they send that 18hr hot-force, there's always thousands to follow. I guess the media just needed to spin it some more.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/07/20
I don't have too many regrets in life but not wearing our country's uniform is at the top of that short list. At times I am ashamed when someone asks me if I served and I have to say no. I am envious of those of you who did and I thank you.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I don't have too many regrets in life but not wearing our country's uniform is at the top of that short list. At times I am ashamed when someone asks me if I served and I have to say no. I am envious of those of you who did and I thank you.

Yep.
My nephew is a 2LT in the 82nd and part of the QRF Ranger Bt in Afghanistan. He was “relocated” last week to... he can’t say where due to OPSEC. Prayers that he kicks some ass, takes some names, and keeps his guys safe.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
My nephew is a 2LT in the 82nd and part of the QRF Ranger Bt in Afghanistan. He was “relocated” last week to... he can’t say where due to OPSEC. Prayers that he kicks some ass, takes some names, and keeps his guys safe.

Amen.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 82nd Airborne on the Way! - 01/08/20
My son is a Captain in the MP Corp and is an SGL at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Has one tour in Afghanistan as a QRF squad leader.

Trigger, we know a very fine young Kenyan - who absolutely DESPISES the "mooslims"!
© 24hourcampfire