Home
I just watched Longmire. It's on the Outdoor Channel on Monday night. 1st time I've seen it. The pilot was great----looking forward to the rest.
I agree đź‘Ť
It was pretty good.

Richie Valens was good in it and I like the old guy from Simon & Simon.
Great show, love me some Vic!!
Loved the show.....sucks it ended
Great show. Something other than a documentary that retains my interest. Adult tv.

Bob
Posted By: RandyR Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Would of been better if they left out Starbuck, she brings it down!
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Great series ranks up with Yellowstone but not quite. Another good one on Netflix is hell on wheels
Cool, a TV program based on a set of novels on the "Outdoor Channel"

That's about as good as Ancient Aliens on the "History Channel".

And rerun TV shows on IFC (Independent Film Channel"

What's that old saying??????????????

Shoemaker stick to thy last.

Geno
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
It was a very good show. I enjoyed it more than Johnson’s books that it’s based on.
IIRC all 6 seasons are currently on Netflix.
Posted By: hanco Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
We watched all six. It was good
Posted By: MOGC Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Longmire is better by a longshot than about 90% of the idiotic Michael Waddell inspired bullchit the "Outdoor Channel" normally airs.
Posted By: 308ld Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Yup...Longmire Watched all six seasons.

Along with:

Person of interest.....Justified.......The Black List.......Hell on Wheels......Deadwood.

All verygood IMO. Have to check out Yellowstone.
Always loved Longmire. Lot of the shows were filmed in the vicinity of where i elk hunt, including one season two episode with Walt hiking through the timber right where I killed a bull.
Watched the series twice on netflix.

My Daughter bought us a set of the books and am now reading them.

Quite a bit different than the show. Lot's more detail, plus Vic has dark hair!

Virgil B.
Watched the whole series, then started reading the books. The books are so much better there's no comparison, and it doesn't take very long for Walt and Vic to start bumping uglies. All the characters make the TV ones look kind of pale and skinny.
My woman told me the Longmire in the books is snarky. I think Robert Taylor got it right.
Longmire is good, especially being from Wyoming I appreciated different nuances in the show and laughed about things they got wrong but a good show and not over the top. Justified though I felt was better by leaps and bounds. I loved that show and miss it.

Wife and I binge watched it since Craig Johnson is local! Our town also hosts an annual "Longmire Days" weekend each summer that draws about 5000 people to our town, plus many of the actors. Met Robert Taylor (Walt), Vic, Brasch, Ferg, Hector (big dude) and several others.

Haven't read the books, yet.
Originally Posted by MOGC

Geno

Longmire is better by a longshot than about 90% of the idiotic Michael Waddell inspired bullchit the "Outdoor Channel" normally airs.

I'll not argue that, it's way better than most "hunting and fishing" shows on that channel.

But, perhaps if this kind of programming continues we'll someday see Saw 4 on the Disney Channel.

The TV/Cable/Content providers seem to have forgotten folks pay for these channels and I for one would like to see Independent Films on the IFC, and history on the History Channel. If that can't be arranged, just give them a number like the BBC does. There are descriptive terms in the English language for a reason.

Geno
Posted By: CraigD Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Every time I go into a used book store I look for Longmire books. It is true that the books give a lot more time for character development. That said, I have watched all six seasons and was sorry to see it end!

The TV/Cable/Content providers seem to have forgotten folks pay for these channels and I for one would like to see Independent Films on the IFC, and history on the History Channel.
Geno

Agreed. Very frustrating. And for ciminy sakes, get ride of the stupid and constant advertisement on the lower portion of the screen. You know the one I'm talking about? It's the one that is constantly there telling me either: a) the network I'm watching; or, b) what upcoming programs are scheduled. Ya, these are great except for the fact they cover up an important "sub title" which gives the identity of the individual speaking, or, the date, or the location. The print/subtitles on many of these documentary type shows put things in perspective and provide a lot of the who, what, when and where context both important and necessary for the show. Holy Crap!!!
Almost as if they don't watch their finished product to see what's actually being hidden, eh/

Dang PBS station here has a little (IX) logo in the lower right quadrant of the screen just in case I forgot what channel I chose to watch I guess. Gets in the way of details sometimes. Maybe many times.

Geno
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by 308ld

Along with:

Person of interest.....Justified.......The Black List.......Hell on Wheels......Deadwood.

Ditto here, other than I burned out on Hell on Wheels and replaced it with SOA, which was most of the cast of Deadwood just on Harley’s instead of horses.
Good show
Ereryone should have a Vic around!
Posted By: RMerta Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/07/20
Loved it! Now let’s get Yellowstone back on and we’ll have a couple of good shows to watch.
Posted By: Lorin Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/08/20
I sort of enjoy the show Yellowstone. I in no way, think it is near the level of Longmire. I just finished watching the last season on Netflix.
Originally Posted by MOGC

Geno

I'll not argue that, it's way better than most "hunting and fishing" shows on that channel.

But, perhaps if this kind of programming continues we'll someday see Saw 4 on the Disney Channel.

The TV/Cable/Content providers seem to have forgotten folks pay for these channels and I for one would like to see Independent Films on the IFC, and history on the History Channel. If that can't be arranged, just give them a number like the BBC does. There are descriptive terms in the English language for a reason.

Geno

Why do you have “channels”?
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Good show
Ereryone should have a Vic around!

Oh yeah.id like to marry her for about 3 months
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Along with:

Ditto here, other than I burned out on Hell on Wheels and replaced it with SOA, which was most of the cast of Deadwood just on Harley’s instead of horses.

No it was meth dealing rapists and pimps on motorcycles. True to form.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/08/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Along with:

No it was meth dealing rapists and pimps on motorcycles. True to form.

I said the CAST was the same, not the story line. Both shows did display characters sinking to their lowest possible forms as humans, just 130 years difference.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
My woman told me the Longmire in the books is snarky. I think Robert Taylor got it right.

Well that's a new one, the tv version of a character in literature defining him! As you wish.

I think the book versions of all the main characters are a collection of exceptional folks that happen to fall in with each other and hit it off because they are strong, no-nonsense types. Their intense loyalty to each other is a major element as are Walt's encounters with spirits, ghosts, whatever they are. The tv story lines are weak and soap opera-like by comparison. They're all snarky, accomplished wise-asses that constantly ride each hard like close friends do. The book Vic uses the f word like commas, but it works.

Liked Hell on Wheels too, though even I was starting to get discouraged about Bohannon's never-ending bad luck. He does (apparently) end up happy-ever-after with a Chinese gal, something I know a bit about! The gunplay in one episode of the last season was awesome. Don't futz around with Bohannon.
Point taken.
Welcome to our area - Longmire's office is still on the plaza of our little town.
MUCH filming occurred here.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Longmire on Outdoor Channel - 01/08/20
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Welcome to our area - Longmire's office is still on the plaza of our little town.
MUCH filming occurred here.

You live in some beautiful country.
© 24hourcampfire