Home
Posted By: Seafire Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Just watched that "on demand" since there was nothing else worth a darn on the boob tube for late night insomniac..

not only does the movie piss me off, but I have to ask myself afterwards

what president from what party was limiting our troops in what they needed to do their job..

after something like that, What Political Party Let all of these Somalis into our country...

and What State ran by What Party, couldn't welcome enough of them with open arms and
still treats them like they are preferred over American citizens ?

d e m o c R A T.....M.F. d e m o c R A T.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Seafire - I have YET to watch that movie, likely never will............

My brother watched it not long after it came out, said it made him want to go out and kill someone...................
Posted By: Redneck Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by muffin

I'm with you - won't watch it, ever..
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'm with you - won't watch it, ever..

Same here.
Posted By: hanco Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Damn Dumbocrats
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
that would be slick willy, his wife did the same dam thing with Bengazi
Posted By: joken2 Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20

Blackhawk Down is about the most continuously action filled, gut-wrenching movie I can recall ever watching running neck-in-neck with 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

Another real kick in the gonads was earlier in the Somalia fiasco and not part of the Blackhawk Down movie was Navy SEAL and Marine Recon operators supposedly secret beach landing in the dark met by mobs of news reporters from all over the world, tipped off in advance, broadcasting 'play-by-play; coverage on microphones, video cameras rolling, flash bulbs going off...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-12-10-1992345185-story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-force-of-operation-restore-1562704.html

Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
I watched it when it came out. It's taken all these years for me to not see red.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20

My brother watched it not long after it came out, said it made him want to go out and kill someone...................

your brother sounds like a psycho

It is a very well done movie IMO. it honors the men who made the sacrifices for each other. I highly recommend it.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by joken2

Blackhawk Down is about the most continuously action filled, gut-wrenching movie I can recall ever watching running neck-in-neck with 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

Another real kick in the gonads was earlier in the Somalia fiasco and not part of the Blackhawk Down movie was Navy SEAL and Marine Recon operators supposedly secretly beach landing in the dark met by mobs of news reporters from all over the world, tipped off in advance, broadcasting 'play-by-play; coverage on microphones, video cameras rolling, flash bulbs going off...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-12-10-1992345185-story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-force-of-operation-restore-1562704.html

I remember seeing that wet landing on the news! Pissed me off. I just kept saying "why aren’t they lighting them up???"
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
When I was in the Coast Guard on Active Duty in Gulfport MS, I befriended a National Park Service ranger named Lance Twombley. He was a ranger at Gulf Islands National Seashore. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086/characters/nm0362766

Good guy. Quiet and unassuming. Friendly. Confident.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Watched it several times, hard not to living right outside of Ft Campbell, my old man being a black hawk pilot himself.

I knew several guys in the 160th spec ops aviation, they lost 5 from the NightStalkers.

Durant was pretty busted up, his wife taught elementary at St Bethlehem elem school here in town, one of my schools I worked at. I still remember all those kids spelling out his name on 600ft of chainlink fence with styrofoam cups out along Wilma Rudolf blvd.

I also remember one of my 160th buds telling me some painful details of one of the other guys being killed and dragged through the streets.

I think about all this every time I see Ilhan Omar’s smug mug on the tv

Oh wait, I live in Memphrica 200 miles away and smoke crack with nigras, yeah...that’s it
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
That scumfugk Clinton..

Makes me grit my teeth every time I see even the title of that movie..
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
I have the book and the movie.

They make my distaste for Clinton and crew grow on the rare occasions when I read the book or watch the movie.
Paul B.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
I think everyone should watch it at least once. Tells you a lot about democraps, not to mention how they see war. Apparently it's just a distraction. The old tale wags the dog theory. Pisses me off.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
I was in that unit for three years. I had been transferred to the 7th ID ten months before that battle.

I linked up with the guys the next year on my way to Bragg. The stuff I heard simmers in me today. The French were dirty, the Italian government was cowardly, and Billy Clinton denied our guys armor support in a foreign hostile nation because it would look bad on TV.

At the same time, there was a M1 tank and a Bradley circling a farmhouse full of religious types in Waco Texas.

Screw that Kiddie [bleep] Clinton.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Seafire: Indeed!
"demonrats" are now and have been for the last 30 - 40 years just plain pure EVIL!
PERIOD!
That is an exceptional movie and one of my all time favorites.
I watch it every time I get a chance - I have seen it in its entirety probably 20 times and parts of it another 30 times at least.
Well done movie and points well made.
I actually MAKE myself watch it as it tears my heart open each time I see the horrors and dangers that our front line troops have been put through at the hands of ignorant politicians.
It reminds me to be careful, VERY careful who I vote for.
Again this is an exceptionally well done movie that conveys a very powerful message!
I say BRAVO to Ridley Scott (the movies director) and thank you for being brave enough to offend the rest of "hollywood" in making this movie and sending them this message.
For those that may not have seen this movie I highly recommend you do so.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Muffin Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

your brother sounds like a psycho

It is a very well done movie IMO. it honors the men who made the sacrifices for each other. I highly recommend it.

Based on some of the comments, he belongs HERE...............
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Saw it rong time back. Reminds me of my younger days.

Clinton isn't half the monster that LBJ was. Maybe only half as bright though.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Good book and well done movie. I have taken classes from 2 of the guys that were there and neither had big problems w/ either. If Paul Howes's monologue on the battle is still available on You Tube it is worth watching.

mike r
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I was in that unit for three years. I had been transferred to the 7th ID ten months before that battle.

I linked up with the guys the next year on my way to Bragg. The stuff I heard simmers in me today. The French were dirty, the Italian government was cowardly, and Billy Clinton denied our guys armor support in a foreign hostile nation because it would look bad on TV.

At the same time, there was a M1 tank and a Bradley circling a farmhouse full of religious types in Waco Texas.

Did you know Lance Twombley?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Saw it rong time back. Reminds me of my younger days.

Clinton isn't half the monster that LBJ was. Maybe only half as bright though.

Passed by his place tuesday morning hauling calves to Fritztown. It’s all I can do every time I drive by, to keep from stopping there at the cemetery where he is buried, and pizzing on his grave. Figger they got cameras up just for that reason.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/11/20
Been having a conversation with my students today since I just seen “1917”

IMHO “Saving Private Ryan” is still #1

“Blackhawk Down” is a close second.

“1917” is in a tight race for the third spot with “Enemy at the Gates” and “Das Boot”.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/11/20
I know one of the guys that trained some of those guys that died in that [bleep] show. I met him this past spring while visiting my buddy who dates his daughter. Super good dude. Generous guy, loves people hates democrats.
Posted By: tomt53 Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/11/20
If you ever get the opportunity to see a presentation from Col. Danny McKnight...you will not be sorry. Great speaker.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Did you know Lance Twombley?

No. I was up at Regimental Headquarters for the three years prior, though we shared the same real estate. I ate at the 3rd Bat DFAC almost daily until I got quarters.

I knew Rich Kowaleski (sic), Casey Joyce and LTC McKnight. I met then Major McKnight in Panama, as I was the newest Private in the Regiment. I worked for him when he was the Regimental XO and I was a HHC training NCO. These were all great guys.
There was only one guy there I didn't like. I was stunned when it happened. My best friend there had to run the "Mogadishu Miles", the klick back to the airfield.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Blackhawk Down - 01/11/20
Wife and I went to see that movie.
Pretty early in, I leaned over and whispered,
"This movie is going to make me want to shoot some spooks.
She shushed me, and gave me the dirty looks.

Halfway through, I leaned over and ask if she wanted to
shoot some. This time, she didn't get mad at me.
© 24hourcampfire