Home
Posted By: hanco What do your grandkids call you? - 01/12/20
Mine all call me Pops except oldest granddaughter. She calls me by my given name as her mother has always done.

Grandkids call wifey Nana

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nonno and Nonna. Wifey pushing the Italian eventhough she aint but i am. Go figure.
Ugly 'Ol Pappy and Mean 'O Mimi... our grandkids don't have a chance...

Kent
Poppy, I love it.
Pop and Mormor (Danish for mother's mother)
Mostly, they call me "The Bank Of Grandpa"! Nothing prompts a visit or a phone call quicker than a financial crisis!
Jerry
Meme and Pop. Watching 3 of them now
Before I had grandkids, I didn’t think you could love them as much as your children. I was way wrong!
One of them called me papa for a while, but the rest have been grandpa
I've heard "Grampy" a few times.
Grandpa and Grammy. Had 5 of the little rugrats here yesterday. Always fun.
Mine call me Papa or Grandpa. Some of the add ons to the fam call me Pops or PapaT as in my forum name. Jerry you need to slow down the Bank of Grandpa thing. It doesn’t bode well for the future. I know. Just my opine of course. You turn from a good guy to a bad guy in a heartbeat if you don’t meet their demands.
Papa, but I would have preferred Grampa. Like most other things, I had no voice in the matter.
Hope I don’t have any for a few more years.

I’m a horrible babysitter.
Wife is Gigi and I’m PapaG.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hope I don’t have any for a few more years.

I’m a horrible babysitter.

whistle laugh

Whats one more kid in the house man !!!!

Lol!!!
I don't have any, thank God. I'm not a 'kid' person.
Pop Pop
Grandpa
Gramps and Grammie
Originally Posted by ingwe
I don't have any, thank God. I'm not a 'kid' person.

Reminds me of "Uncle Shelbie’s Nursery Rhymes" from Playboy back in the 60’s!

"Do I love children? Yes I do! Baked, broiled, or in a stew!"
There's lots of work available on 100 acres, with a gunsmith/machine shop under construction. They get lots of opportunities to earn what they receive. My granddaughter, who was raised by a welfare parasite mother after she divorced my son, and is too lazy to earn a living, doesn't call any more. Her problem, not mine!
Jerry
Pappy
Pawpaw, I don't know how it came to be, but I love it.
My one granddaughter calls me Gramps.
By my first name. Both sets of great grandparents are alive and she spends a lot of time with them, so grandma and grandpa gets confusing, especially when we're all together.
She calls me Grandma.
Grampa...
Pawpaw & Gigi
Poppy, Pop, Pops depending on which one is talking to me. My wife is Grannie to all of them.
GRANP-PEE
Mostly Grampa, but several call me "Grampa Ben" to distinguish between me and the other grandfather.

One of my wife's granddaughters calls me "Poppa"-- I guess because she has lived with us twice for relatively long periods of time since she was very young. Her father was a mostly absent and a sometimes abusive alcoholic.
Daughter served venison to the grand kids asking them to identify it. None of the three could so she started giving hints, still no correct guess. Daughter then said,”what does grandma most often call pops “?

Grandson yelled, “spit it out, it’s fk’n as s h ole” !!!
: P
"smelly ol gramps" laugh
Originally Posted by krp
Ugly 'Ol Pappy and Mean 'O Mimi... our grandkids don't have a chance...

Kent

When my granddaughter was born I figured I'd be granddad, like my grandfather and my dad were. Nope, my daughter forbid me of taking that name, my father isn't the best of grandfathers, she said pick another, so I chose Ugly 'Ol Pappy. My daughter was horrified, said Mia would someday look up adoringly at me and say, Ugly 'Ol Pappy!... Yes, that's exactly what I want. After the first shock of hearing it folks really love it. My wife chose Mimi soooo, she must be Mean 'O.

Pretty much they call us Pappy and Mimi. Daughter shared a time Mia was little, she came up to her and said, Pappy ugly old and Mimi mean scrunching up her face, little chit's a comedian.

They call my grandson little Pappy, say's he stands like me, walks like me, talks like me... I asked what they call him when he's bad... Oh ya, we call him little Pappy... my own daughter.

They never believe me when I say it's spanking day or the kid dump is open, and when they leave I say, never come back... they just wave and say, we will, like they own the place.

Little chits...

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Me, Peepaw and my wife Nana. It's what High Brass called my parents.
Paps.
Sir
Our granddaughter will be two in February. She calls me PaPa or Grampa. She calls the wife, Macka. Nobody is sure why.
Gilbert calls my wife, grandma Juju. Her name is Judy,
I’m a third generation Pappy. Wifey is a second generation Mimi.
Pop
"Whatcha doooin' Grampa?"
I am called Papa or Grandpa by all but the youngest Grandson. He is 2 years old and can't say his "g"s very well yet. Grapes are "poops" for him right now! Grandpa is "Poopa" for now. He gets lots of laughs out of that one and my wife thinks it is a great and more accurate name for me! It may stick... I get no respect just like ol' Rodney!
My soon to be 6 yr old grandson lives with us and has for the last 3 1/2 years or so. I am Grandpaw and my wife is Granny. My father's mother died when he was about eight, therefore I never knew her and his father died when I was four, about 60 years ago. I do remember him somewhat. He was always referred to as Grandpaw, so that is what I wanted to be. My wife tells me that her grandmother (her mother's mother) was referred to as Granny, so that is who she wanted to be. I never met my mother's mother and only vaguely remember seeing her father one time. I do not recall addressing him. My mother-in-law, our grandson's great-grandmother, also lives with us for about a year now. She is known to our grandson as MeMaw. Our household is multi-generational. We take care of the old and the young.
My wife decided what we would be called, but as you would guess our first named us and that is the way it is. Nanny and Papaw (Pap Paw).
I'll post this again.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GrandPa and my wife is called Gabby. When the first grand kid started to talk she couldn't say Grandma and it came out Gabby. From that time on it was Gabby.
Grampa and Gramaw here.

Always wanted to be known as Gramps.

Maybe I should drop a hint?

Oldest Grandson is 26

Even have a Great Grand Daughter now!
Pawpaw, wife is Moma. Pawpaw because I love Dogs so much. Longest time with out a dog 8 months. Bill out 🐾👣🇨🇦
G- Daddy
No grandkids. Youngest daughter (50s) calls me Pops. Eldest daughter (60) just calls me Dad/
Jim
BaPa and LaLa
I don't have grandchildren yet, but I hope someday to be a Papaw. My Paternal Grandfather, I called Pa, and Maternal Grandfather was my Papaw. When I became a father, my son called his Paternal Grandfather Pap, and Maternal Grandfather Papa. If I am blessed to hold a grandchild who calls me anything but Democrat, that will be alright by me, as well.
One calls me Ol man and the rest grandpa. Ed k
I'm the hunting grandpa, the other one is the feedlot grandpa
Pa & Nana
I have become the person called POPS.

Don't know how they came up with that because they call the wife GIN-GIN.
I keep trying to get them to call me "your majesty", not working yet dang it.
Grampa unless it is an all family gathering when they add my first name to Grampa which is what my great grandson calls me.
Papa and Gigi
They call me grandpa … they call grandma "ATM"
Guapo, ya know from "The Three Amigos"
© 24hourcampfire