Home
Posted By: ScottBrad Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Guesses on the outcome, besides the Tigers winning?

I'm picking LSU to win 38 - 24
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I really like Dabo, but I'm pulling for LSU in this one. I'm taking LSU 38-35 only because it's a home game for them.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Gotta root for the “girly man” just to needle some folks.

Don’t have a dog init, but hope for an exciting game. We will go to the local watering hole and quaff and consume some solids.
Posted By: hanco Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
LSU
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Another LSU vote here
Posted By: Morewood Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
LSU
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
LSU by at least 2 TD’s
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
LSU in a track meet ...
Posted By: crsides Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by ironbender
Gotta root for the “girly man” just to needle some folks.

Don’t have a dog init, but hope for an exciting game. We will go to the local watering hole and quaff and consume some solids.

Yep, the girly man is a heck of a real man, but I think the LSU defense will contain him. He dayom sure isnt girly, that's for sure. Hes Clemsons main man.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson by 14
Posted By: reivertom Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
LSU by a touchdown.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Close game to the half, LSU pulls away in the second half winning by no less than two TD's.
The professional betters only give LSU a 5.5 point advantage.

FYI.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

FYI.

The professionals didn't have the Titans spanking the Ravens!

FYI.

And they had the Ravens by 10 ...
Both great teams. I don’t think next years #1 draft pick has the supporting cast to hang with this years #1 draft pick ...
But I didn’t expect the pats to loose to Miami either 😔
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

FYI.

The professionals didn't have the Titans spanking the Ravens!

You waz faster 😒
Just offering tbat up for consideration by the "at least two touchdown" crowd on each side! smile

I'm not emotionally invested in either side winning. wink
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Remember, LSU was only a 13 pt favorite over Ok. but the score was 63-28

LSU was only a 7 pt favorite over Ga. but the score was 37-10

I think Coach O is gonna turn the dogs loose.

Geaux Tigers!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

45-24 LSU
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson easily.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Hope LSU wins, only because they're SEC though, as I'm not a fan. Don't care for Clemson either, but at least it's not THE Ohio State of Notre Dame playing.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Clemson easily.

Doubt that

scoot4par

"NewThey talk like LSU will be in uncharted waters playing a Clemson defense, but LSU has sailed these seas before. True, Clemson is statistically this years best defense in terms of scoring, total defense and relative performance (percentage of opponents normal offensive performance)

Georgia actually gave up fewer points per game this year than Clemson if you remove LSU game from the equation. Alabama, Auburn and Florida are all under 20 point per game defenses. Removing games against LSU, Georgia gave up 10.7 points per game and Fla gave up 14.4 points per game. Clemson gave up 11.5. So we do have something in the neighborhood as far as opponent defenses.

But what about the defenses played by Clemson. Prior to playing Ohio St., the best defense measured by scoring or yds was.... wait for it.....

Texas A&M, followed by South Carolina and North Carolina.

Who knows what will happen but familiarity with good defenses does not favor Clemson, who in the end have played only one defense as good as LSU's, our supposed weak spot."
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

I like both coaches. I like both programs.

I’m hoping for a hell of a game.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
The only thing I will predict is ref blaming by the loser.
Posted By: RicG Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
This GATOR will be "pulling" for LSWho!
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The only thing I will predict is ref blaming by the loser.
We gotta have traditions!
Originally Posted by jwp475

scoot4par

"NewThey talk like LSU will be in uncharted waters playing a Clemson defense, but LSU has sailed these seas before. True, Clemson is statistically this years best defense in terms of scoring, total defense and relative performance (percentage of opponents normal offensive performance)

Georgia actually gave up fewer points per game this year than Clemson if you remove LSU game from the equation. Alabama, Auburn and Florida are all under 20 point per game defenses. Removing games against LSU, Georgia gave up 10.7 points per game and Fla gave up 14.4 points per game. Clemson gave up 11.5. So we do have something in the neighborhood as far as opponent defenses.

But what about the defenses played by Clemson. Prior to playing Ohio St., the best defense measured by scoring or yds was.... wait for it.....

Texas A&M, followed by South Carolina and North Carolina.

Who knows what will happen but familiarity with good defenses does not favor Clemson, who in the end have played only one defense as good as LSU's, our supposed weak spot."

It's easy to over look LSU's defense when you've got a offense like they do. However LSU defense has, except for the Ole Miss game, done a pretty good job. Coach O, after the Ole Miss game, has really focused on the defense. He stopped putting in the 2nd and 3rd string, so quick. Made the 1st string play the whole game, or thereabouts, and you can tell it by the recent opponents stats.

Ga had 286 total yds for the game. And, Ok, who the experts predicted would score tit-for-tat with LSU, managed 322 yds. Hurts, who is/was known for his running ability, managed 43 yds.

LSU's defense may not be ranked #1, but they are certainly no slouch. I think Lawrence is gonna be in for a surprise.

Geaux Tigers!
Posted By: SKane Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Same here.
But I can't help but root for Orgeron a little bit more.
Posted By: CWT Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clempson by 17
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Sec!Sec! Lsu by 15. I roll with the Tide but gotta root for them bayou Bengals. I predict Auburn with a lake clempson hears the lsu band playing "Neck".
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
A team from the SE will win either way so I'm happy. If I were putting money on the game I'd have to say LSU. This could be a close one, or a blowout, we'll just have to wait and see. But Trevor Lawrence played his HS football in the next county over. I don't know him personally but know folks who do and they say he is truly a great kid. We know several people who go to his church and my wife went to high school with his hair dresser. They all have nothing but good things to say about him. Based solely on that my heart will be with Clemson.
Originally Posted by JMR40
We know several people who go to his church and my wife went to high school with his hair dresser.

Trevor should probably visit that hair dresser a little more often. whistle laugh
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson by 3
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I won't be watching
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I won't be watching

I had a multitude of things on my mind this morning but none more pressing than if you'd be tuning in.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

I like both coaches. I like both programs. I’m hoping for a hell of a game.

This is where I am on the game. I want a good game and no injuries.
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I really like Dabo, but I'm pulling for LSU in this one. I'm taking LSU 38-35 only because it's a home game for them.

Good point, I almost forgot that it is pretty much a home game for them. Seems all the stars are aligning and I love that Cajun coach.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Wife said NO Wine please after dinner Monday night, she's going to try and stay awake long enough to watch the game! smile
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I won't be watching

I had a multitude of things on my mind this morning but none more pressing than if you'd be tuning in.
Thanks for clearing that up.

chortle!
Posted By: memtb Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I think that it will be a good game.....but, I’m darn sure hoping my “homeboys” can win! Geaux Tigers......LSU Tigers, just in case there was any doubt! wink memtb
Clemson easily.

Doubt that

Clemson's coaching staff and players have been in more of these games then LSU. LSU has the edge in the secondary and at QB. Clemson is better everywhere else. They demolished Bama in last years game.

Note: Far from a Clemson fan.
Originally Posted by memtb
I think that it will be a good game.....but, I’m darn sure hoping my “homeboys” can win! Geaux Tigers......LSU Tigers, just in case there was any doubt! wink memtb

To bad they won't/can't bring Mike to the game.

Just to hear him roar will make you shiver!

Geaux Tigers!
Posted By: memtb Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Obviously “not” the same Mike, but I got to hear that “tiger roar”, many times when I was in Tiger Stadium as a Boy Scout. Back in the late ‘70’s, when I was running a lot, we had a Sunday morning 20 mile training run that started at “Mike’s” cage! An inspiring way to start your training run! memtb

FYI.

The "professional bettors" aren't predicting a LSU win by 5.5 points when they come up with the betting line. The sports books ideally want half of all bets to LSU, half to Clemson. The betting line is only used to achieve that goal. Has nothing to do with predicting the score.

hth
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Go Tigers! laugh

My guess is the purple and gold tigers edge the orange and white ones.
Originally Posted by RJY66
Go Tigers! laugh

My guess is the purple and gold tigers edge the orange and white ones.

In any event the Tigers win.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Good golly why can't they get this season over with?

Way too much time 'tween the "playoffs" and the big game. Much interest, other than the homers, has been lost with the lag.

LSU by 11 grin
Obviously “not” the same Mike, but I got to hear that “tiger roar”, many times when I was in Tiger Stadium as a Boy Scout. Back in the late ‘70’s, when I was running a lot, we had a Sunday morning 20 mile training run that started at “Mike’s” cage! An inspiring way to start your training run! memtb

Back in the Day there were double doors that you went thru as you entered the visitors tunnel at Death Valley. The 'caretakers' for Mike would wait until the visitors had finished 'warm-ups' and gone back to the locker room, then they would close one door and park the cage in front of it. As the visiting team was doing their thing in the locker room, the 'caretakers' would make Mike roar and the sound would echo through the tunnel, into the visiting locker room. One of the pro players that was on a visiting team and had to set there and listen to Mike roar said, "After the first roar, you didn't hear anything the coaches said, from then on. That was the most intimidating thing I've ever had happen in my life."

Then as the visiting team exited the tunnel, thru just one door, they had to pass within a couple of feet of the cage that held Mike. Same player that talked about the roar said, "When I had to pass by that tiger, my playing football was over for that day. All I could think about was that tiger getting loose on the field."

Geaux Tigers!
Posted By: fester Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I’m rooting for both QBs. I want to see a good game.
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Close game to the half, LSU pulls away in the second half winning by no less than two TD's.

I think Clemson will score but not at the rate LSU will score. Think the Clemson defense will be wore out by halftime and LSU will win by at least 2 TD's.

Geaux Tigers!
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I'm picking LSU.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Good golly why can't they get this season over with?

Way too much time 'tween the "playoffs" and the big game. Much interest, other than the homers, has been lost with the lag.

LSU by 11 grin

Agree with all of this.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

I’m hoping for a hell of a game.

Me too. I just hope the Refs don’t screw either team.
Posted By: jeeper Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20

LSU LSU LSU
Posted By: Raeford Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson easily.

Doubt that

Clemson's coaching staff and players have been in more of these games then LSU. LSU has the edge in the secondary and at QB. Clemson is better everywhere else. They demolished Bama in last years game.

You might have missed LSU's receivers too.
Originally Posted by jeeper

LSU LSU LSU

God bless America
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I’ve always liked LSU - I think their uniforms are great and I’m a Michigan ticket holder.

Can’t stand Dabo or that long haired pussy clemson QB.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
When are they playing??

L.W.
Clemson easily.

Doubt that

You've been alive longer than me. That doesn't mean much.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
I'm rooting for LSU, but Dabo ain't a bad guy.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
When are they playing??

L.W.

Tonight at 8 pm EST
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
ScottBrad: I don't care who wins I just want to see a good game.
Should be fun!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Auburn played LSU their closest game and lost by 3 points. They also missed a field goal in that game which would have thrown it into overtime. Auburn had a very good defense, but a mediocre offense. That is what kept them in the game and it went down to the wire. How good is Clemson's defense? If it is very good, they could give LSU a run. Oklahoma had no defense. They just outscored everyone they played. Georgia had a lot of missing starters in the SEC championship game.

I think the game will be close with LSU winning. Don't count Clemson out though.
Posted By: natman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Clemson has a good defense, but LSU has beaten good defenses all year.

LSU
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by natman
Clemson has a good defense, but LSU has beaten good defenses all year.

LSU

Clemson is good everywhere. LSU’s not discounting anything about them. And Dabeaux Swinney has shown himself to be a class act.

Jmho
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I’ve always liked LSU - I think their uniforms are great and I’m a Michigan ticket holder.

Uniforms:

tp, do you recall some years ago a social group of women picked pro football teams winners by the uniform colors that they liked best and their picks beat the bookies?

I remember that one.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
Both good programs with great coaches. If you don't like Dabo or Coach O, you just don't appreciate great leadership. Im pulling for Clemson but I think LSU's offense is too strong. LSU 38-31
Posted By: smokepole Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/13/20
My prognostication is, Clemson will hang with LSU in the first half, but not the second.

+/- 100% accuracy guaranteed.
Joe Burrow hasn't had to come from behind this year. Last year when he had to, he was unimpressive. He's obviously much improved, but I think the key to the game is for Clemson to do what they did to 'Bama last year. Come out with guns a blazin' and leave them reeling.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Clemson easily.

Doubt that

You might have missed LSU's receivers too.

Nope, Clemson receivers are better much better.
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
If LSU shows up, watch out Clemson.
I believe LSU will win and I would like to see that happen.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Clemson 45 to 42.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Morewood
When are they playing??

L.W.

Tonight at 8 pm EST

They'll probably yack and show commercials for 20 to 30 minutes before kicking off.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
LSU starts fast. Clemson scratches back. LSU's depth takes over middle of the 3rd quarter. LSU takes a 20 point lead through the 4th quarter. It ends LSU 48-28.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a closer game all the way to the gun.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari
LSU starts fast. Clemson scratches back. LSU depth takes over middle of the 3rd quarter. LSU takes a 20 point lead through the 4th quarter. It ends LSU 48-28.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a closer game all the way to the gun.

I want the LSU-Ok game to look like a close win for LSU. grin

Hope its a good game with no injuries and good refs.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Uniforms:

tp, do you recall some years ago a social group of women picked pro football teams winners by the uniform colors that they liked best and their picks beat the bookies?

I remember that one.

I always picked my women by their looks too.

My 15 year old grandson is tied for first in our football pool - his tie breaker is LSU winning and 2nd tie breaker is 61 total points. He could win just over $300 I think.

I ended up with one more win than I had in losses. My $10 was a donation - I could have done just as well letting the dog make the picks.

Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Joe Burrow hasn't had to come from behind this year. Last year when he had to, he was unimpressive. He's obviously much improved, but I think the key to the game is for Clemson to do what they did to 'Bama last year. Come out with guns a blazin' and leave them reeling.

Burrow is somewhat improved. Noticed the records that he’s set and a Heisman along the way?

I think you’re dead center about Clemson’s game style. Ought to be a barn burner of a show.
Welcome to Louisiana, Mr. President and First Lady! !
Posted By: Morewood Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
The entire stadium was on their feet chanting USA when President Trump and First Lady Melania came onto the field.

Beautiful rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

Yes sir. Finally a stadium that won't run out of beer for the LSU fans.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
POTUS and bride looking good. Breathing rate appeared normal.

Girly boy can chunk a football.

Over.
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
POTUS and bride looking good. Breathing rate appeared normal.

Girly boy can chunk a football.

Over.

Seems Trevor is quite the Christian and has long hair like Christ. Funny how so called Christians decide what is good or not.

Praying for your soul
Posted By: fester Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by ScottBrad

Yes sir. Finally a stadium that won't run out of beer for the LSU fans.

Nice seeing the president and his lovely wife.
God bless America
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Don’t have ESPN. Somebody give some good play by play of the game for me please.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KsRLI--ja8Y
Posted By: Cretch Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Don’t have ESPN. Somebody give some good play by play of the game for me please.

Go to ESPN.com and do the gamecast.. That's how I have to watch/keep track myself.

Clemson vs LSU - Yahoo Scoreboard

Clemson vs LSU - espn Scoreboard
When asked who he was pulling for, President Trump replied “ The Tigers, of course “.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Game is tied in the first quarter.0-0 grin

LSU has not had field to play yet ball on the less than 10 yard line.

Clemson made a few plays but stalled out and had to punt two times.

Come on LSU get some field position.
Be interesting to see how long these D's can hold up. Both relentless right now.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
This is a great game...
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Morewood
When are they playing??

L.W.

Tonight at 8 pm EST

Thank you. I don't have cable so guess I'll miss it.

L.W.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Clemson vs LSU - Yahoo Scoreboard

Clemson vs LSU - espn Scoreboard

I’ve got the FOX Sports App.
Tracking the score there.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This is a great game...

It is.
Clemson up 7-0 early on a T Lawrence 1 yard run.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
The game is no longer tied the Tigers scored the quarterback ran it in. whistle

Score 7-0
Clemson put points on the board. 7-0 Clemson.
And Clemsons defense is looking tough
Humm, girly boy can chunk and run.
I suspect Clemson will hang in there for at least the 1st half.

I’m also guessing LSU will make some halftime adjustments and win.
Burrow bomb ties it up.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Burrow has the better arm then Girly Boy

Agreed.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

I like watching #22 for LSU run. He’s a little fire plug.

Agreed.

Tom Brady Jr.

Agreed.

Tom Brady Jr.

Wish the Cowboys would draft him. Unfortunately for him, I bet he’s headed to Cincinnati 😬
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
I want LSU to win.....but just find myself rooting for Lawrence and Clemson. Funny my son feels the same way.
Clemson now up 17-7

LSU is gettin that ass spanked.
Still a lot of game to go.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Uh Oh. LSU is in deep doo doo. This Clemson team is the real deal. They play in a crap conference, so it's always hard to gauge their talent.
Girly boy plays football.
Tom Brady Jr just dropped one right in. The kid can pass!
Uh Oh. LSU is in deep doo doo. This Clemson team is the real deal. They play in a crap conference, so it's always hard to gauge their talent.

We all watched the chiefs yesterday ...
LSU goal to go on Burrow bomb.
LSU tries DF run up the middle.,
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

We all watched the chiefs yesterday ...
LSU goal to go on Burrow bomb.

Yep
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

I agree. They’re 29-0 in the last 29 games with blowout wins against Alabama and Penn State and a recent win against a solid Ohio State.

Nobody saw this coming.
TD LSU!
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

I agree. They’re 29-0 in the last 29 games with blowout wins against Alabama and Penn State and a recent win against a solid Ohio State.

Nobody saw this coming.

😂
Game isn't over till the fat lady sings.
That C reciever thot he was tough when he got those arm tats.

Yep. As evidenced by the KC vs Houston game yesterday.

I’ve been wrong numerous times, but I still don’t think Clemson can hang with LSU for two half’s. We shall see.

Yep. As evidenced by the KC vs Houston game yesterday.

I’ve been wrong numerous times, but I still don’t think Clemson can hang with LSU for two half’s. We shall see.

Full agreement; hell of a game so far!

Agreed.

Tom Brady Jr.

Nope. Burrow is much faster than the 🐐!
grin
I’m sorry for those who can’t watch this; this is a goodun. LSU driving and deep into Clemson territory; 6 minutes to go in first half.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Touchdown. LSU leads
TD LSU!
21-17 on brady jr pass
Posted By: memtb Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

I was starting to get worried....real worried! Feeling a little better! memtb

Heck of a game
Posted By: RAS Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
No favoritism to either team, but great game so far.
Burrow has been under constant pressure, especially around the edges. He has been adjusting nicely.
Sounds like I’m missing a great one !
Give him the reception. Keep the game moving
Posted By: sse Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
i saw some great insta vids of Trump and the First Lady going onto the field

I do believe we are watching the two best teams in the country.

I do believe we are watching the two best teams in the country.

Absolutely
Burrow TD.
LSU is learning that with all the edge pressure on Burrow, the middle is exposed to his runs.
28-17 LSU going into half.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Randy Moss’ kid is pretty dang good
The Tide has turned. 😬
LSU down by 10 in the beginning, now up by 11 at the half. Go LSU.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I want LSU to win.....but just find myself rooting for Lawrence and Clemson. Funny my son feels the same way.

Same.

I couldn’t root against either coach or team.

Joe took a hard hit.....he’s hurt’n! He’ll feel that tomorrow! memtb
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Mike Leach gonna have him a coronary next year.

Lol.
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Randy Moss’ kid is pretty dang good

Maybe he doesn’t smoke as much dope as his old man did in College. 😜

Joe took a hard hit.....he’s hurt’n! He’ll feel that tomorrow! memtb

Yeah. He was feeling it on the sideline, for sure.
Hope the second half is as good as the first!
3 point game now. Clemson is right back in this.
No bad calls by the Refs yet ???
Man, that could have been a game changer.

No, this is not the NFL, though.
Gotta love how Clemson responded. LSU did the same in the first half.

No, this is not the NFL, though.

Yep
Definite LSU fan, but the was a chicken s$$t call on Clemson for targeting. Let them play.
About to be 35-25 LSU.

I hate the kid got ejected, he’s dang good.
Turned Helmit down. Drilled him. Targeting.
Posted By: kingston Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
The only potentially mitigating factor is the other tackler coming in underneath. That could have lowered his overall incidence/posture.

They didn’t spend a lot of time reviewing it. Hate to see him ejected as well ... but it was what it was.

Face mask up and he’s still in the game.
They returned the favor on that PI call.
Pass interference my azz
Hate it when the Refs start making schitty calls.
No matter who I’m pulling for.

Burrow’s passing stats look great on the Gametrax App I’m watching.
Hope LSU putts this one away in the last qtr.
35-25 LSU end of 3rd

They didn’t spend a lot of time reviewing it. Hate to see him ejected as well ... but it was what it was.

On second thot, hes a great player. I hate too, to see him out, so I changed my mind. No targeting. BS call.

wink

Ok. Just kidding. I mean, wtf are some thinking.
Fat lady stage left ...
LSU TD 42-25
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
42-25

Burrow getting warmed up.

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
42-25

DF

Sounds like it. He’s got 442 yards passing so far.

Girly Man has 213
Theres your BS call.

Defender was pulling on reciever after reciever let defender go to catch the pass. Unreal, minor contact by both. Disgusting.
Theres your BS call.

That's for taking away the interception
Theres your BS call.

Yeah. That it was.
They could have called that either way. Defender had reciever grabbed last.
Theres your BS call.

Defender was pulling on reciever after reciever let defender go to catch the pass. Unreal, minor contact by both. Disgusting.

Who was it called on? LSU or Clemson ???
Clemson, offensive pass interference.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
The defense initiated contact bs call
Offensive PI against C reciever catching ball on 3 yard line. They were both just feeling each other. Defender never turned to catch the freaking ball. Unreal pos call.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
The defense initiated contact bs call

This
42-25

DF

Sounds like it. He’s got 442 yards passing so far.

Girly Man has 213

And that’s with bruised ribs. Did you see Joe wince when Coach O touched his left rib cage as he walked by.

He’ll be feeling that for a while.

DF
Damn tough kid. Sounds like he’s proven he deserved the Heisman.
Burrow is going to look around himself come August and realize his college team was better ...
Burrow is going to look around himself come August and realize his college team was better ...

No doubt. Like I said earlier, I imagine he’ll be in Cincinnati 😬
Sounds like the fat lady is warming up to with 4 minutes to go.
It looks like LSU has gone into their “prevent offense”! When you have a good rhythm, you don’t change what you are doing! memtb
Sounds like the fat lady is warming up to with 4 minutes to go.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

DF
Shame to see that.
Hate to see either team loose.
But Lawrence will be back ...
Girly boy just fumbled.

This is funny as hell, “no results".

Attached picture fullsizeoutput_8ae.jpeg
Congratulations to the LSU Tigers and Fans !!!
LSU NATIONAL CHAMPS 15-0 SEASON
Heck of a great game.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Good game. Can't believe Lawrence finally lost one.
Final score 42-25. LSU by 17 points.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Good game. Can't believe Lawrence finally lost one.

Now he can get a haircut!

Geaux Tigers........Congratulations to the team and the coaching staff! memtb
One of the keys was removal of C linebacker #47.

He was causing big problems for LSU’s game plan. He’s one heck of a linebacker like a little Butkus, sorta.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Oldman3

I thought that was you I heard - all the way from here, Randy ! smile
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I thought that was you I heard - all the way from here, Randy ! smile

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
At 80 years....I've lived to see LSU win this one and another in 1958!

CONGRATS TO Coach O....all the assistant coaches...and for certain....all the players!

WELL DONE!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

CONGRATS TO Coach O....all the assistant coaches...and for certain....all the players!

WELL DONE!

Well done indeed. Amazing season.
"Laissez les bons temps rouler."
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by Sig220

I think Clemson will score but not at the rate LSU will score. Think the Clemson defense will be wore out by halftime and LSU will win by at least 2 TD's.

Geaux Tigers!

Sun Shines on a dogs azz every once and a while! I called this one.
Didn’t I see Nick Saban at the ESPN desk, working as a commentator. Now I don’t see him. Where did he go?

DF

WELL DONE!

Did you miss the other 2 (under Saban and Miles) ?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Heckuva game!
Didn’t I see Nick Saban at the ESPN desk, working as a commentator. Now I don’t see him. Where did he go?

DF

He’s watching film for next season laugh
Posted By: natman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

WELL DONE!

Not to mention 2003 and 2007. wink
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

WELL DONE!

THAT'S TWO OF US!
One of the keys was removal of C linebacker #47.

He was causing big problems for LSU’s game plan. He’s one heck of a linebacker like a little Butkus, sorta.

It was nobody's fault but his own.

He certainly was playing well, but IIRC, LSU was ahead at the time and about to score a touchdown to go farther ahead.

Quite an accomplishment. Any time you go undefeated while playing and beating Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson, you've earned a championship.

grin grin grin
Now for the sad part - Burrows will be the #1 pick and get drafted by the worst team in football.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
LSU played a heck of a game. Burrows deserves to be the 1st pick in the Draft.
[quote=Oldman3]LSU NATIONAL CHAMPS 15-0 SEASON

Quite an accomplishment. Any time you go undefeated while playing and beating Texas, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson, you've earned a championship.

grin grin grin[/quote

True dat!
It looks like LSU has gone into their “prevent offense”! When you have a good rhythm, you don’t change what you are doing! memtb

When LSU started its "prevent offense" they were up by three scores and there was just over 10 minutes to play. The one thing you don't want to allow is a chance for your opponent to get a quick score via a pick six or similar. So LSU went into clock eating mode. They only made 28 yards in 8 plays, but it ate a whopping 5:24 off the clock and required Clemson to score three times in less than 5 minutes. The game was over at that point. It was exactly what was called for in that situation.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
60 tds and 6 int this year. Unreal

When LSU started its "prevent offense" they were up by three scores and there was just over 10 minutes to play. The one thing you don't want to allow is a chance for your opponent to get a quick score via a pick six or similar. So LSU went into clock eating mode. They only made 28 yards in 8 plays, but it ate a whopping 5:24 off the clock and required Clemson to score three times in less than 5 minutes. The game was over at that point. It was exactly what was called for in that situation.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, it was “very” unlikely, but when you are playing a very good team.....they can score lots of points in a short period of time. Often, when a team changes their game play , perhaps getting a bit complacent.....bad things can happen “quickly”! memtb

I respectfully disagree. Yes, it was “very” unlikely, but when you are playing a very good team.....they can score lots of points in a short period of time.

Not when they don't have the ball, which is the entire point of clock eating mode. And when they do finally get the ball back there's not enough time on the clock to make the required points.
Posted By: SKane Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Now for the sad part - Burrows will be the #1 pick and get drafted by the worst team in football.

Yes sir. And it'll be the same for Trevor Lawrence after next year.
Poor bastids. laugh
[quote=Oldman3]LSU NATIONAL CHAMPS 15-0 SEASON

grin grin grin[/quote

True dat!

UT came closer to beating LSU than Clemson did, but they did it without getting screwed out of a TD by a false OPI call. That play had a huge impact against Clemson, and I was pulling strongly for LSU. Disgusting to see that crap. Shades of NFL BS.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20

WELL DONE!

Did you miss the other 2 (under Saban and Miles) ?

Yeah....saw them! Just didn't think to add those!

BURROW....can write his own pay check I'm thinking heading into the NFL!!
Final score 42-25. LSU by 17 points.

"LSU starts fast. Clemson scratches back. LSU's depth takes over middle of the 3rd quarter. LSU takes a 20 point lead through the 4th quarter. It ends LSU 48-28.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a closer game all the way to the gun."

Looks like I need to recalibrate my crystal ball just a little. wink
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Once the playoffs started, and LSU got all of their regular defensive guys healthy, we all saw how perennially nasty they are....what a bunch of athletes they have all over the field on both sides of the ball. Looking back at the last two Clemson games, once they actually played someone with equal talent, they allowed a crapload of yards and points. I think OSU had over 500 yds on them a couple of weeks ago, LSU hung over 600 on them. Both a far cry from the terrible teams Clemson played in the ACC. Not Clemson's fault, but it is pretty obvious. I thought this game would be closer than it was, but once LSU got warmed up it was pretty much a mismatch. LSU only gave up like 120 yds in the 2nd half. Congrats to LSU, and I LOVE Coach O, and Dabo too for that matter.
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/14/20
Clemson had a cupcake schedule in 2019, LSU had a hell of a season and they controlled the tempo of that game last night.
Posted By: natman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20

Look at the bright side. Given Burrow's experience with Joe Brady's offensive scheme, maybe he'll be able to convince the Bengals to run an NFL style offense.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
Joe Brady gone to Panthers for big $$ , can the Tigahs maintain without him and Burrow????
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Joe Brady gone to Panthers for big $$ , can the Tigahs maintain without him and Burrow????

If the Patriot's are going to build for another Super Bowl then not a chance of him landing there. However if the Patriot's are looking long term I would not be surprised of a mega trade for him. I think more than likely they make adjustments for a run at another Super Bowl, if that attempt fails I see them figuring out how to get Trevor Lawrence.

If the Patriot's are going to build for another Super Bowl then not a chance of him landing there. However if the Patriot's are looking long term I would not be surprised of a mega trade for him. I think more than likely they make adjustments for a run at another Super Bowl, if that attempt fails I see them figuring out how to get Trevor Lawrence.

Joe Brady was the passing game coach for LSU. He's the one going to the Panthers to be their offensive coordinator.

Joe Burrow was LSU's quarterback. Where he goes will be determined in the draft.
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20

What?

I'm pretty sure the guy that brought both of them in is still there, hint.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
Nick Saban won’t be sleeping late. He’ll regroup and double down.

Nick's team was pretty surprising to me last season. Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen under Saban. So many penalties.

I'm not sure what to make of that, but will be curious to see how they do this coming year. Something tells me Nick will be leaving Alabama soon.

Nick's team was pretty surprising to me last season. Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen under Saban. So many penalties.

I'm not sure what to make of that, but will be curious to see how they do this coming year. Something tells me Nick will be leaving Alabama soon.

Cowboys, maybe? Would be a nice fit and thinking Jerry Jones is now a little more amenable to “listening “ instead of him “governing “ as it applies to sideline coaching from his private box.
Posted By: mathman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
I'm not so sure Saban's personality and style are suited to dealing with egocentric millionaires.***

***I meant the players, never mind Jerry Jones.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
I think Saban might have got his belly full of NFL coaching, when he was at Miami. But he might give it a try, again.

Added: Saban did better in the pros than Spurrier, but not by much. Neither had winning records.
Saban’s operational policy is “it’s all gonna be my way or no way”. Some ranking LSU Alumni tried to subtly pressure him into playing nephews, type crap and he threw his keys on the conference table. Alumni backed off and Saban went on to a BCS NC. He installs good guard rails around his contract.

But it will be interesting to see if he stays with Bama. I think that he will.
Saban has a good thing going at Alabama. This is the first year since the CFP began that Alabama wasn't in it. This was due to a 5 point loss to the National Champion and a 3 point loss to Auburn. He'll be back.
Posted By: RicG Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/15/20
Unfortunately, you are most likely correct!
I think so,too, natman. A crippled Tua, then losing Tua, pretty much broke Saban’s back for this past season. I’ve got to say that I’ve never heard him offer excuses or blame anything. He’s articulate and even gracious when winning or losing from what I’ve seen in the past.

Joe Brady was the passing game coach for LSU. He's the one going to the Panthers to be their offensive coordinator.

Joe Burrow was LSU's quarterback. Where he goes will be determined in the draft.

Yes I am well aware. I was giving my prediction based on different scenarios, as two the two QB's in the game.
Saban is a great recruiter and a great coach when playing lesser teams. His track record isn't so great in games against like opponents. I am a Bama fan but let's be honest here he is a better recruiter than coach.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Saban is a great recruiter and a great coach when playing lesser teams. His track record isn't so great in games against like opponents. I am a Bama fan but let's be honest here he is a better recruiter than coach.

Honest, you ask?

Would you agree that he’s “honestly “ won 5 National
Championships ?

His recruiting prowess comes from young men wanting to play for a winner. Saban is a winner, hands down and in the toughest division in the ncaa.

Coach O has now gained beau coup traction in that regard.

Jmho
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Being a recruiter is part of being a great coach. He (Saban) pretty much check's all the boxes.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Being a recruiter is part of being a great coach. He (Saban) pretty much check's all the boxes.

He doesn't check the big game box very well.

Yep.

Local paper here mentioned that some potential, on the fence, recruits have seen the light and committed to LSU. Had an Epiphany of sorts.
Grins

Again, mi Amigo,,,,5 NC’s.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

What's his record in playoff games? Conference championship games?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Saban is a good recruiter and coach.... his track record proves it. But, he'll look you in the face and lie. I cant stand a liar.

I couldn't even begin to say that with a straight face about a guy with 6 National Championships
Saban is a good recruiter and coach.... his track record proves it. But, he'll look you in the face and lie. I cant stand a liar.

Money will ‘redirect ‘ priorities.

College football in the SEC ain’t about love.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

15-10 in bowl games, 6-3 in playoff games, and 15-6 against teams ranked in the top 5. I would say he does ok in big games.

Every one is saying his through but their two losses were by a total of 8 points playing with a back up qb for half the season and two true freshmen starting at linebacker all year
I think that we can all agree there’s a new kid on the block !
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
I think that we can all agree there’s a new kid on the block !

I didn’t realize until the other day that O’s son is the qb at McNeese which runs Briles offense. Briles’ coaching tree has always been pretty tight lipped about how they do things, but interesting LSU has some insight into that offense.
Interesting. Did not know that.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

I couldn't even begin to say that with a straight face about a guy with 6 National Championships

Yep.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

And again Losses to Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, and a bunch of others. Like I said I am a Bama fan. But I am also a realist. When big games are on he is average. When playing sub teams he is a stud of course.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Best college football coach in modern history.

It ain’t even close.
Posted By: natman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

And again Losses to Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, and a bunch of others. Like I said I am a Bama fan. But I am also a realist. When big games are on he is average. When playing sub teams he is a stud of course.

Good grief, the last time Alabama lost to Arkansas was in 2006 and Saban wasn't the coach!. Sure, Alabama has lost a few games to other top teams over the years, but if you look at Saban's record with any king of realistic perspective saying he's "average" in big games is ridiculous. He's won 5 National Championships for Pete's sake! Can you list any other coach who has won it 5 times in the last 12 years? No, you can't.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Before O,who is obviously a very good coach, is crowned royalty, let’s see what happens as his co-OC and others are picked off like Saban’s have been throughout his past several seasons.
Heck, we’re Aggies here so we got to play 5 teams in top10 this year! We know what getting the daylights beat out of you physically looks like.
Orgeron has a Warrior spirit but don’t think he’s the most cerebral D1 coach I’ve seen. I’d like to see how “normal” LSU will be when losing so many to NFL draft. But their recruiting will be something.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
I don't
Watch much American football, love when the shythawks lose
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Before O,who is obviously a very good coach, is crowned royalty, let’s see what happens as his co-OC and others are picked off like Saban’s have been throughout his past several seasons.
Heck, we’re Aggies here so we got to play 5 teams in top10 this year! We know what getting the daylights beat out of you physically looks like.
Orgeron has a Warrior spirit but don’t think he’s the most cerebral D1 coach I’ve seen. I’d like to see how “normal” LSU will be when losing so many to NFL draft. But their recruiting will be something.

No doubt about it, LSU's had a dream season, but one season doesn't come close to what Bama has accomplished in the last decade. Just have to wait and see.

Good grief, the last time Alabama lost to Arkansas was in 2006 and Saban wasn't the coach!. Sure, Alabama has lost a few games to other top teams over the years, but if you look at Saban's record with any king of realistic perspective saying he's "average" in big games is ridiculous. He's won 5 National Championships for Pete's sake! Can you list any other coach who has won it 5 times in the last 12 years? No, you can't.

He (Saban) has won 6 National Championships.

He (Saban) has won 6 National Championships.

True. The 5 I referred to were for Alabama. I should have made that clearer. Believe me, I haven't forgotten the one he won at LSU. I knew that the spoiled fanboy wouldn't count one that wasn't at Alabama.
I was flat assed wrong. He has won a total of 6.

And it was me joshing Hastings about missing 2 of LSU’s NCs !

Okay Hastings, your time to gig !

At the risk of drifting the thread back on topic, let's talk about LSU's future. One of the challenges of success is that your assistants get promotions at other places. Every college program loses a big chunk of their players to graduation / NFL every year and LSU is no stranger to that. It remains to be seen if LSU can keep it up, but the fundamentals are still in place. The BIG change for LSU is that they have upgraded their approach to the passing game and I don't see them going back. As you noted, they will be able to recruit top talent now. If you were a top QB recruit would you go to LSU? The answer is yes.

We shall see. I can't wait. Only 232 days until college football starts again.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

No doubt about it, LSU's had a dream season, but one season doesn't come close to what Bama has accomplished in the last decade. Just have to wait and see.

Joe Brady was passing game coordinator not co offensive coordinator
Posted By: memtb Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

I just watched the Baton Rouge 10:00 news (WBRZ)......the LSU team will be decimated by those going to the NFL or simply graduating. I didn’t actually get a count, but adding the offense and defense departures has to be at least 12 to 15 starters “not” returning! memtb
Posted By: hanco Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20
Saban is a jerk, but is great at getting good players to come to Alabama. You don’t hear much about his players being nuckleheads, so he either controls them or weeds out the fools before they embarrass him and the school. He hires good coaches too.
Originally Posted by hanco
Saban is a jerk, but is great at getting good players to come to Alabama. You don’t hear much about his players being nuckleheads, so he either controls them or weeds out the fools before they embarrass him and the school. He hires good coaches too.

That’s the definition of a jerk ?
Grins
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/16/20

I just watched the Baton Rouge 10:00 news (WBRZ)......the LSU team will be decimated by those going to the NFL or simply graduating. I didn’t actually get a count, but adding the offense and defense departures has to be at least 12 to 15 starters “not” returning! memtb

And by the NCAA for receiving cash from alumni on national tv.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/18/20

As of this morning’s paper, 9 players to the nfl draft and 2 coaches moving on.

2theadvocate.com
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Ya at least the crimson tide tards pay their players behind closed doors. I suspect once Saban leaves a large scandal will surface that only the Penn St. Pedo lions can top.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Ya at least the crimson tide tards pay their players behind closed doors. I suspect once Saban leaves a large scandal will surface that only the Penn St. Pedo lions can top.

What ?
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/18/20

At the risk of drifting the thread back on topic, let's talk about LSU's future. One of the challenges of success is that your assistants get promotions at other places. Every college program loses a big chunk of their players to graduation / NFL every year and LSU is no stranger to that. It remains to be seen if LSU can keep it up, but the fundamentals are still in place. The BIG change for LSU is that they have upgraded their approach to the passing game and I don't see them going back. As you noted, they will be able to recruit top talent now. If you were a top QB recruit would you go to LSU? The answer is yes.

We shall see. I can't wait. Only 232 days until college football starts again.

I don’t know that they are going to repeat as that’s hard to do but they are going to be ok. They’re losing a lot of starters but they’ve recruited well enough that they should be fine. The backup to burrow is supposed to be really good and they’ve signed brad Johnson’s kid whose already enrolled in classes so can be in spring ball.

I wonder how much of the offense was really Brady? They were already going that direction towards the end of last year and ensminger was the primary play caller this year. Losing Aranda hurts but it’s a big time program and O is pretty up front that he holds his salary down and the difference goes towards assistant salaries so he shouldn’t have much trouble getting a good replacement
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/18/20
Brennan, the backup qb to Burrows, was ranked in the top 10 qb's coming out of high school. They say he has a stronger arm than Burrows, but not the experience. Brennan was projected to be the starting qb last season as a freshman, but Burrow's got the call. Brennan can play 2 more years.

Ya never know how things will turn out, but a at qb, LSU looks pretty good.
Posted By: ScottBrad Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/18/20
I'm thinking they'll get it worked out.

Remember, it's better to suck after winning a National Championship then it is to just suck again.
This is not a case of when LSU’s Mike Archer got Coach of The Year following Arnsparger’s departure and got it on the team that Arnsparger built and soon later was summarily fired somewhat like Les Miles inheriting what Saban built while at LSU.

Coach O built this team - and - its coaching staff. From that, I predict that Coach O and his Tigers will make another strong showing in 2020.

Jmo
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Clemson vs LSU - 01/19/20
I thought the jersey they gave Trump with #45 at the White House was fantastic looking.
© 24hourcampfire