Home
...reap your reward.

https://www.kristv.com/media/v/content/f27ce65a88db2df0a8b6540e8cbadbcb
Excellent!
I'm getting older and have some physical issues. While I still think I'm competent in many ways , I realize that I can't win a prolonged fight. So the training they gave me when I was uniformed is out the window. Don't hit above the shoulders. I'll dam well hit an attacker where ever i can to stop the atrack the fastest . If the baton/wrench strike kills him or causes major injury, too bad. Fighting to survive.
If you are fighting fair your strategy sucks!

That guy deserves whatever award that they offer.
Originally Posted by lightman
If you are fighting fair your strategy sucks!

That guy deserves whatever award that they offer.

Good for the gentleman!

No such thing as a fair fight.... if you are in a fair fight, you're doing something wrong.
If they keep score, it's a sport, not a fight.
I pray I am never involved in a physical fight. At 57 with two bad knees, half an artificial shoulder joint and degenerative disc disease I am afraid I would get my ass kicked. Rest assured I will not fight fair. I will bite chunks of flesh off someone if I have to.
Good for him, and good shooting too!
At 75, with fused spine, two knees replaced, and progressive degenerative osteoarthritis in both hands, (thanks to baseball, the heavy bag, the foundry and machine shop) the last thing I will worry about is "fairness". Disparity of force. A thirty something thug comes at me, I'll use what is at hand (and what is at hand will be .355 diameter or larger and moving at or above the speed of sound).
Interesting article in the new American Handgunner about 122 pound Doc Holliday's last fight.
I was confronted by an enraged employee a couple years ago. all I could think was boy this is going to hurt. luckily he backed off. only weapon I had was a tape measure. I would have used it as long as I was able to. which probably would have been about 30 seconds. now my 1911 doesn't leave my hip. God made man, John Browning made them equal.
If "fair fight" is not an oxymoron then there is no such thing as an oxymoron.
Yep..superb shooting in bad circumstance...
I walk with a cane, thanks to a motorcycle wreck 6 years ago that nearly took my left foot off. The bottom three inches of the tip are poured full of lead. Hopefully, that will buy me enough time if I'm assaulted to draw and fire if the guy who is attacking me doesn't get the message to back off.
Jerry
Right guy. Right place. At exactly the right time.
If I get in a scuffle the last thing I'm going to worry about is if he can have sex again.
Shoot em shoot em
very good!
Originally Posted by local_dirt

One chance, one shot, a lifetime of preparation. No compromise in training, practice or weapon choice.

Absolutely inspirational and a lesson for all.

mike r
All this goes with the other side of picking at old timers, I remember what my Gramps told a bunch of my friends and I one day horseassing around the barn.

Boys! get over here and pay attention!

You all get out fu-king around like I know you do, remember one thing, don't be fu-king with old men, he cant fight you, likely he hasn't done a damn thing to you anyway, everything he has hurts, his Wife of 50 years may have just up and died, he may be tired of living anyway, you bother him, HE WILL KILL YOU IF HE CAN! you hear me!!!!!

Yes Sir, we said.

An old Army 41 year retired Sergeant Major has a way of speaking to young idiots in a way you'll never forget. smile
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by local_dirt

One chance, one shot, a lifetime of preparation. No compromise in training, practice or weapon choice.

Absolutely inspirational and a lesson for all.

mike r

Great way to look at it, Mike.
The one thing I remember my father telling me when I left for the Army was don’t ever mess with an old man unless you want hurt or killed.
It wasn’t my nature to mess with people anyway but for once I took his advice and followed it.
At 47, I’m beginning to understand what he meant, lol.
It's amazing how quickly health can fail and age catches up to you. It was only about 10 years ago I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down. My neighbor saw and she couldn't believe I stood my ground. I told her they just saved at least one of their own lives. She said do you have a gun on you. I said no but but the first guy was going to get punched in the throat.

She said he was bigger than you, I said not by much and he looked slow. She said why did you step forward when they come at you. I said I learned that working Forensic psych, it puts you in closer than the ideal strike zone unless their good with elbows and it shows them you're crazy too. I was 6'3" 270 at the time and benching 385. I was going to the gym a lot and felt I could give it a good go.

Now my health is much worse and I find myself more interested in carry guns. I never used to be much of a pistol guy but I have a family to protect and I'm not in the shape I used to be.

Bb
So, them midgets were trying to pick a fight, hey?
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
It's amazing how quickly health can fail and age catches up to you. It was only about 10 years ago I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down. My neighbor saw and she couldn't believe I stood my ground. I told her they just saved at least one of their own lives. She said do you have a gun on you. I said no but but the first guy was going to get punched in the throat.

She said he was bigger than you, I said not by much and he looked slow. She said why did you step forward when they come at you. I said I learned that working Forensic psych, it puts you in closer than the ideal strike zone unless their good with elbows and it shows them you're crazy too. I was 6'3" 270 at the time and benching 385. I was going to the gym a lot and felt I could give it a good go.

Now my health is much worse and I find myself more interested in carry guns. I never used to be much of a pistol guy but I have a family to protect and I'm not in the shape I used to be.

Bb

Cubic inches and reach/leverage are probably more important than the bench, but it doesn't hurt! I'm 5'3", 175, with a 350 bench, at 65. I have to be willing to seriously damage someone. No chance, otherwise. Too small.
"I had 3 pretty big contractors come at me and I stood my ground and backed them down."

If you feel threatened you start shooting instead of trying to back them down.
Seems to me that there are no "rules" when a person is attacked.
Somebody call an ambulance
That guy has a white beard, but he's not all that old. I'd guess he's in his mid 50's,...definitely not old enough to be a Vietnam veteran,....and it's obvious that age hasn't diminished his condition. He's strong as a bull and hyper. (He's also mentally ill,...but that's beside the point)

That old black woman on the bus could see it,...she knew what was coming,...

"Lee dat wy main alone."
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That guy has a white beard, but he's not all that old. I'd guess he's in his mid 50's,...definitely not old enough to be a Vietnam veteran,....and it's obvious that age hasn't diminished his condition. He's strong as a bull and hyper. (He's also mentally ill,...but that's beside the point)

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.
the black guy was 50
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.

okay,....but age is relative when it comes to a man's physical condition,...and you can see by the way he carried himself that Epic Beard Man was still capable when that video was made.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
. . . I will bite chunks of flesh off someone if I have to.

- You got teef?
He was 65.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"Lee dat wy main alone."

he was 60 something.

okay,....but age is relative when it comes to a man's physical condition,...and you can see by the way he carried himself that Epic Beard Man was still capable when that video was made.

yes he was
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I walk with a cane, thanks to a motorcycle wreck 6 years ago that nearly took my left foot off. The bottom three inches of the tip are poured full of lead. Hopefully, that will buy me enough time if I'm assaulted to draw and fire if the guy who is attacking me doesn't get the message to back off.
Jerry

i had a similar relationship with a motorcycle, leaving me with the back issues and leg issues i have today.
i have been meaning to buy forever one of those irish walking sticks with a big knob on the end, or a big brass handle
cane.
an old man can do a lot with a cane. we once had a WWI vet, an old man, renting from us. he got jumped one night on the way home from the bars. two young guys, he beat the crap out of them. the cops arrested the young guys.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I pray I am never involved in a physical fight. At 57 with two bad knees, half an artificial shoulder joint and degenerative disc disease I am afraid I would get my ass kicked.

Too much biking will do that to you.
So much for putting a foot up his ass. Somebody leaking and it wasn't Mr White Beard
I don't hunt them, and may not win fights anymore, but any instigator will dam sure have to earn a win.
fight fair lol, i'm 1/4 apche and 1/4 spanish/mescan.
You wear pointy boots?
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
an old man can do a lot with a cane.

Look up the "Bubba Stik" on the internet. It's basically a hardwood dowel with a brass horse collar hame for a handle. I'm making one of my own right now, using a 100 year old hame, a 3/4" dowel, and 2" diameter wooden balls drilled out and glued together almost the full length of the shaft. The hollow brass knob is going to get filled with lead shot and epoxy glue.

https://www.smkw.com/bubba-stik-walking-cane

Jerry

A buddy of mine carries a tire knocker when walking the dog at night. You never know when a tire might need knocking. grin
Yep, some of those corn-row braids look a lot like tire treads!
Jerry
I really like Texas. I go there at least once a year. Most of the people there got it figured out.
My foresight being profound, I purchased a walking stick back about 35 years or so. Single limb, nicely tapered with a big swept knot on the top end that serves as a handle. When I get old and decrepit I'll dust it off and use it. One whack with that thing in the knee will permanently cripple the average azzhat. One to the head will turn the lights out. Permanently.

Meanwhile I'll just put a hole in their forehead if I'm using a peestol. Whole bunch of holes if the scattergun is handy.
Every one should have a stout walking stick. It can be carried through metal detectors and on airplanes and in courthouses. It is illegal to question or refuse anyone using an aid to mobility. It is best to understand that if you use it in an rude, angry or aggressive manner not in necessary self defense, it could be considered a deadly weapon and justify you being shot by your opponent.

mike r
Funny how quick that went from, “Beat his white ass!”, to a whole bunch of, “Aww man, whaachuu doin..?!?!” Gettin has ass beat in is what he was doing, and he was really busy doing it for a minute.
Things I like about head shots?

Hit 'em in the forehead and their eyes cross.
Hit 'em in the nose and their eyes water.
Hit 'em in the teeth and they look like they're from the Ozarks.

Bigger target than the heart and not near as messy. It don't never not work.
Originally Posted by gunner500

I'd like to see him in a Synagogue where Adam Shiff attends and got out of hand..
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by gunner500

I'd like to see him in a Synagogue where Adam Shiff attends and got out of hand..

laugh that a Godless satanic shlthead like shltforbrains would even dare enter a church tells me a lot more. smile
© 24hourcampfire