Home

Three day weekend for some........paid day off too........

Every day is Saturday for me.......

Remember 'Bricktop' ?

I'm sure he was busy attending all the parades.........._____________________
Just a day without government, mail, and such. The cattle eat every day.
I always like Confederate Hero's day better when I worked for TXDOT.
Holiday? Not recognized where I work.
Ha,just another day in paradise,worked just like every other day.

dammmm

forgot to put my flag out.........
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I always like Confederate Hero's day better when I worked for TXDOT.

Like I said in the other thread back when it was Texas Highway Dept. We got 19th January R E Lee’s birthday and June 3 Jeff Davis birthday!!!

They still get March 2nd off?
It was a great day. Visited with my 80 year old mother. Helped my wife hang drapes. Then in honor of those marching in VA today I mounted a scope on a new Rock River .458 Socom that I got here on the campfire. Then sighted in my new FN AR “pistol.” Went out and shot a doe with my 6.8 spc II that I also bought here on the campfire this fall. Then I ran my Boxer and my Texas Blue Lacy dogs for a couple of miles.
Now me and the dogs are having a cocktail and warming up in front of the fireplace.
All in all I would say it was a great day.
Originally Posted by rong
Ha,just another day in paradise,worked just like every other day.

Yep.
Chocolate sandwich- - - - -MLK between Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson! Just another work day for us self-employed folks!
Jerry
Yep, off, got paid for today, worked some around the house. It was nice, wifey had to work, peaceful. When I retire, everyday will be like today.
Signed up to work, but my area shut down.
Coulda used the OT to pay for my part of today's kid surgery.
Back hurts, has since Friday
Waiting room chairs about killed me.
Take some OTC meds and try to sleep.
I enjoy MLK day by listening to the I HAVE A DREAM speech over and over.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Sing along
I normally have Mondays off, so tomorrow is my holiday. I love four day weekends!
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Holiday? Not recognized where I work.

when I worked....never got it of when I drove the Brown truck for Brown
Not a holiday for the working man!
What holiday ? I had to work.
MLK was an adulterous abuser of women.
Drive into work had a lot less traffic.
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Drive into work had a lot less traffic.

Yep, I'll guess 50% less..
But still had the traffic controller doing 55 in the passing lane what traffic is moving at 75.....
Yes. Went ducking hunting and shot a limit of mallards 🦆...
Got to hit it tomorrow morning
Did some stuff around the house then took the flintlock out for the last day of Pa's late muzzleloader season. Saw a doe and 2 bucks but no shots at the doe. The bucks were safe, I had tagged one earlier in rifle season. Still pretty cool to see 2 bucks during this late season.

Dale
I just realized that's why no mail today.

Duhhhhh.

Lol!!!!
Regular retired guy holiday here.

Fed chickens and dickie birds. Ate breakfast.

Ate lunch, cleaned chicken coops and yards, brought in some firewood. Went for walk with dogs and wife.

Nap. (perhaps the most important part of the day? )

Ate dinner and dessert.

Nealy a perfect holiday.

Geno
I ate chicken...
Travel day for work so two flights an hour and half drive and 2 hours of work on job site. Same as any other Monday for me.
Workday here. I do miss Bricktop.
I can remember back when I had me a govermunt jub, I had H.R. called on me one year because I brought a giant watermelon to work On Jan 20th and was cutting pieces to hand out to folks in celebration. H.R. department chewed my arse, the ol diddy in the office actually told me, "watermelon day ain't till Aug 3rd"
I hated going back to work today!
I enjoyed it.
MLKJR day is a government holiday. Most who actually work for a living had to work. I don't get any paid holidays . . . I'm retired.
I work for a Bank so I was home trying to shorten the honey do list. Not bad.
Long day today. Hell to get back to it!
© 24hourcampfire