Home
Posted By: Oldman03 How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/23/20
Well it finally quit raining for a while. Yesterday morning it started with a little sleet and then changed to rain. It's been raining for just over 24 hrs. Never hard, but as far as I know, it never stopped, until about 30 min. ago.

Posted By: hanco Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/23/20
It finally stopped here!
Posted By: CCCC Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/23/20
We've had a bit during the past two days - never enough though in the high desert. Unusual early morning fog/mist today - soon will burn off to reveal the usual sunny and warm day. Good. Lots to do.
Posted By: hanco Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/23/20
It’s clearing now in Katy
I was at Des Arc, yesterday, and the White River had the parking area at the boat ramp covered. I don't know the river stage, as the local paper is gone and the Little Rock paper has gone digital. Rained most of the day yesterday and all night. miles
Posted By: slumlord Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/23/20
No rain here....yet

God knew I had some chit needed to get done first.

I’m in that dry slot on the radar 👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by milespatton
I don't know the river stage, as the local paper is gone and the Little Rock paper has gone digital. miles

http://rivergages.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/stationinfo2.cfm?sid=WR114&fid=DSCA4&dt=S
Got a couple of much needed inches here! smile

Gonna be wet for a few days now.
Posted By: Seafire Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/24/20
its dry as a bone here in southern Oregon...

we havent' seen any rain for the last 10 to 12 weeks...

heck, I was out in the back yard pool this morning....was like 92 degrees by 10 o"clock...
We’ve been getting a lot of rain. The rivers are flooding and the lower farmlands are flooding. Our watersheds are full. 😉
Posted By: kid0917 Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/24/20
I drove east to west across TN and AR yesterday on I-40; the big Muddy is up to the levee west of West Memphis, AR, and so is everything all across AR.

That is a damn good site. Thanks. miles
I drove east to west across TN and AR yesterday on I-40

Don't know if you noticed Carlisle on your trip, but it is just 10 miles south of me as the crow flies. miles
Posted By: hanco Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/24/20
It’s clear this morning, lots of stars!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: How HIgh's the Water.... - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by milespatton
I drove east to west across TN and AR yesterday on I-40

Don't know if you noticed Carlisle on your trip, but it is just 10 miles south of me as the crow flies. miles

Home of Nick's BBQ and Catfish! I actually dodged north at Hazen this time to miss Little Rock, to Beebe and then west to Conway. I hate driving through Memphis, absolutely won't do Nashville, and now I even have a route to miss little old Little Rock. Be heading back east this afternoon, I think the weather is all well past now.
Going on US Hwy 64 from just North of West Memphis to Bald Knob, and then down to Beebe works pretty good too. miles
Off and on rain since Thursday at noon.....and woke up to the grass covered in white and snow still falling.

Not supposed to last long. Sure wish it would freeze up and get rid of the slop (and stay that way) so we could get some field work done!
© 24hourcampfire