Home
Posted By: simonkenton7 Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Asheville has been called "The San Francisco of the South" and this is the reason why.
I went in to town today, this is a typical Asheville resident.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
Slap a MAGA sticker on the back!
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
At least it's not spelled Womyn's march...

There is still a little man in her trying to get out...
Posted By: RicG Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
Asheville

Worst. NC city Ever
Posted By: deflave Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
Why do you live there?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
I remember on the way to Swannanoa, my grandparents summer home-

That stretch of I-40 where you turn off to Billy Graham’s place. “This Adopt a Mile is sponsored by the national gay and lesbian coalition.

Everyone apparently tossed out all their McDonald’s bags and beer cans in that stretch. Hahaha
Posted By: Odessa Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
My daughter and son-in-law moved there a year ago for jobs - we've visited and yes, it is a lunatic asylum. Of course you go 20 more miles into the mountains, north or south, and the area gets normal again.
Posted By: PPosey Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
I'm a solid hour west of there stay out of Asheville as much as I can have to go there to go to Carrabba's though and I love Carrabba's
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Life in Asheville - 01/24/20
It is the "San Francisco" of the East... nothing but fruitloops, hippies, f a g s and lesbos
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town. And if you do go to see Biltmore (which I highly recommend), stay on the property. It appeared to my wife and me that Asheville is heavily populated with people who, in an earlier age, would have been the unfortunate residents of an insane asylum.

RS
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by RipSnort
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town. And if you do go to see Biltmore (which I highly recommend), stay on the property. It appeared to my wife and me that Asheville is heavily populated with people who, in an earlier age, would have been the unfortunate residents of an insane asylum.

RS

Prefer the MC dealership.
Normal people there. The Biltmore is less discriminating...
Posted By: moosemike Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Yeah my wife is always trying to get me to move there because that is one of the VA's that she can transfer to. But we used to live down the highway in Hickory and I've seen a bit too much of Asheville to agree to live there. Still, our son is in the NC National Guard and I could stand to live in Morganton...........

RS

I tried to go there when I lived down there. Couldn't afford it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Asheville is a liberal cesspool, and sadly, it's growing.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
NC ain't what it used to be. Let's see what color it turns in November
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

That stretch of I-40 where you turn off to Billy Graham’s place. “This Adopt a Mile is sponsored by the national gay and lesbian coalition.

Everyone apparently tossed out all their McDonald’s bags and beer cans in that stretch. Hahaha

As well they should.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
NC ain't what it used to be. Let's see what color it turns in November

Sadly, the same is true for a lot of places. We are losing the demographic war. The communists are importing supporters faster than we are reproducing.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Slum, you made me bust out laughing with that last sentence. Good one !
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

RS

"MC dealership" ???

RS
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by Odessa
My daughter and son-in-law moved there a year ago for jobs - we've visited and yes, it is a lunatic asylum. Of course you go 20 more miles into the mountains, north or south, and the area gets normal again.

Yep. Things change quick when you get out of town. Buncombe County folks are good folks. Too bad they have Asheville to contend with.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Every state has one. With enough complacency, they get big enough to turn the political mass.
Posted By: hatari Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town.

RS

Don't forget the Grove Park Inn. Best sunset view in the Blue Ridge Mountains from their terrance.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

RS

"MC dealership" ???

RS

Two wheels, throttle in your right hand, fun on the blue ridge when there is no traffic.
Posted By: Steve Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Asheville has been called "The San Francisco of the South" and this is the reason why.
I went in to town today, this is a typical Asheville resident.

You really should keep a stash of 'Trump 2020' stickers handy.
Originally Posted by hatari
There is only one reason to go to Asheville, NC and that is Biltmore. Other than that, I would avoid the town.

RS

Don't forget the Grove Park Inn. Best sunset view in the Blue Ridge Mountains from their terrance.

You are correct. One of the best places to stay in the South. And has been for many years.

RS
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
I had rather be beaten than go to Asheville. The same for Charlotte.
Posted By: ManyMoons Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Well boys ,I got fed up in 1978 and moved the hell out of Hendersonville ...Cody ,Wyo...for 8 years and Canon City ,Co. for retirement..Best weather in the US...Sorry ? Not hardly,,life has been immensely better in the west...Couple of visits and I wonder why anyone would move there ! Traffic and lib freaks everywhere and laws out the butt.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20

RS

I enjoyed Biltmore, amazing place. Other than that, have just passed through Asheville.
Posted By: K22 Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
It's the child trafficking route and hub for the East Coast.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I had rather be beaten than go to Asheville. The same for Charlotte.

Asheville,Charlotte and Chapel Hill. NC sure has a bunch of libtard cities. Highway 485 bypass was the greatest thing ever done in Charlotte.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
I am the OP. I don't live in Asheville, I live 30 miles to the west, and here is the view from my living room.

And here is my living room.

I do like to go in to Asheville, we have a great Indian restaurant down there. Yesterday my brother and I went to the YMCA, great gym we work out there for free, plus get to watch young gals in yoga pants work out on the stair step machine. Fascinating, the yoga pants of Asheville.
Also there is a good Home Depot here in Asheville. Also a Lowes.

Here is another Asheville bumper sticker. I took this pic last summer. I must say it is a little weird, to have a sign on your car where you call your own kid an [bleep], but that is Asheville.

We are headed down to the Indian restaurant for lunch today. The Mela restaurant is on Lexington Avenue. This is right in the middle of the freak district, all the tattoos, Lesbos in Love couples, nose rings etc. This is why I don't have a MAGA sticker on my pickup.
I guarantee, if I parked on Lexington Avenue for an hour, with a MAGA sticker, when I got back from lunch someone would have thrown a brick through my windshield.
Come to think of it I will take my camera to lunch and scout out for some more interesting bumper stickers.
Posted By: BryanAustin Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
If you will scroll to the Asheville area on the map in this link, you can see just how Liberal Asheville is. I live in Hickory to the east. Asheville and the Indian Reservation are the Liberal ares in Western NC.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...g-precinct-maps.html#8.00/35.829/-82.190
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
I lived in Asheville during my high school years , mid to late '70s. The freakshow ruination of the area had started even then.

I'd like to move back to the mountains of North Carolina but it wouldn't be Asheville/Buncombe County.

Maybe Madison or Yancey County.

Mike
I'm about 2 hrs. West of Asheville in Cherokee Co.
I used to do a lot of work in and around Asheville. Never had any issues with anyone, but lots of New Agers loose.
You do stand a chance of being bitch slapped sometimes.
Some of my views in the area.

Originally Posted by SavvyJack
If you will scroll to the Asheville area on the map in this link, you can see just how Liberal Asheville is. I live in Hickory to the east. Asheville and the Indian Reservation are the Liberal ares in Western NC.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...g-precinct-maps.html#8.00/35.829/-82.190

I used to live in Hickory too.
One other good thing Asheville has going for it is the Spanish tapas restaurant Curate on Biltmore Ave. One of the best restaurants that we have enjoyed in several years. Make reservations and try to ignore the wastes of skin that might be littering the sidewalk.

RS
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
My wife did her medical residency there years ago. She had been raised on a farm in the Piedmont area of NC... After a few weeks of interacting with the other residents in the program she asked a friend of hers "if most other women were lesbians and that she had just never noticed that before..." Her friend told her that "no, that was not the case but that Asheville was known as a lesbian destination location so they flocked there in mass...".
Posted By: lightman Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
We visit there occasionally for the beer scene. Don't want to live there although the scenery is beautiful.
Posted By: deflave Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am the OP. I don't live in Asheville, I live 30 miles to the west, and here is the view from my living room.

And here is my living room.

I do like to go in to Asheville, we have a great Indian restaurant down there. Yesterday my brother and I went to the YMCA, great gym we work out there for free, plus get to watch young gals in yoga pants work out on the stair step machine. Fascinating, the yoga pants of Asheville.
Also there is a good Home Depot here in Asheville. Also a Lowes.

We are headed down to the Indian restaurant for lunch today. The Mela restaurant is on Lexington Avenue. This is right in the middle of the freak district, all the tattoos, Lesbos in Love couples, nose rings etc. This is why I don't have a MAGA sticker on my pickup.
I guarantee, if I parked on Lexington Avenue for an hour, with a MAGA sticker, when I got back from lunch someone would have thrown a brick through my windshield.
Come to think of it I will take my camera to lunch and scout out for some more interesting bumper stickers.

Sounds to me like you really love Asheville.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Life in Asheville - 01/25/20
Used to visit the Brevard area. Beautiful country. Some great fishing too.

Asheville itself has always attracted the loons.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Life in Asheville - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Odessa

Yep. Things change quick when you get out of town. Buncombe County folks are good folks. Too bad they have Asheville to contend with.

The folks I know in that area hate the Liberals in Asheville. Hell, the folks I know in Jackson County hate 'em, too. smile
© 24hourcampfire