Home
It's a rye kinda night , here.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Jamo
Glass of chard and a game of cribbage.
Dickel Rye is a good one.

Alpha Centauri IPA for me.
Redemption Rye here. Drinking toast w men of family to our late brother at 9pm CST. Lost him 5yrs ago today. We’re celebrating his life.
Condolences, gkt5450.

Tonight I had a single Belgian Blonde beer. I’m pacing myself, since tomorrow we’re off to Cuba for a week in the sun. I hope the cigar rollers have been working overtime.
Kentucky bourbon 101
Rockgut, Steel Reserve. I know it's nasty but I like it.
Kill off bout half a fifth of Mezcal and a 12 pack of Bud tonight.
Get another 12 pack for tommorow night on the way home from the gunshow tommorow afternoon.

Also got a bridge in brooklyn for sale......
LOL!!!
Dark roast coffee. French press.
Nothing tonight, but we are going to see a band we like in Temple called Fast Movin Train. We will Uber over to the dance hall, have a bunch of Jack.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Condolences, gkt5450.

Tonight I had a single Belgian Blonde beer. I’m pacing myself, since tomorrow we’re off to Cuba for a week in the sun. I hope the cigar rollers have been working overtime.

Please give us a trip report. Plan to do any fishing?
Originally Posted by hanco
Nothing tonight, but we are going to see a band we like in Temple called Fast Movin Train. We will Uber over to the dance hall, have a bunch of Jack.

Temple?????

As in Temple NE of Ft Hood and Killeen????
Green tea.........

My oxy came with a stern warning. Hopefully only a couple more days and I’ll be over the hump.
Three fingers Crown special Reserve, fresh from the freezer.

Osky
Margaritas, burning ribeyes on the Weber.

P
Couple of Corona Extra's with a lime twist and a couple shots of Jamison to go with my cigar and about four hours of pool on my 9' table. Then I will walk twelve feet to the house and go to bed!
Manhattans, on the rocks. Cheap rye and a splash of sweet vermouth. Two cherries.
Coronas or Trooper Ale when I get off work.
Warm up leftovers and watch Fieldsports Britain on Youtube ( my favorite hunting show ).

Catch up on some Ovini hunting vids too.

Drug through too many ATA 2020 ones last night.
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
Couple of Corona Extra's with a lime twist and a couple shots of Jamison to go with my cigar and about four hours of pool on my 9' table. Then I will walk twelve feet to the house and go to bed!

Careful, you may catch the coronavirus drinking that. I read it on the interweb!
Keystone Ice and Canadian Mist,, a step up from Oly & R&R for bush Alaska!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by hanco

Temple?????

As in Temple NE of Ft Hood and Killeen????

Yep
Templeton Rye, neat.
Originally Posted by Yoder409

If you absolutely have to drink Rye, then it should ONLY be High West Rendezvous Rye. You can thank me later.
About to get into some smoked ribs and a Selkirk Abbey St. Joseph
Makers mark got the nod tonight.
Trying to kill a sinus cold with Jim Beam tonight and just getting started.
Les
Elijah Craig .
I’m on call for work so have one for me gents
Me, a nutless dog, an Amish heater and a grape soda.

And a no good calico

* have to help host a church wild game supper tomorrow, don’t have the luxury to be hammered. Hope to fugg they don’t ask me to help them score those ratty 100” cull bucks that Fudds drag in from grampie’s mantle

* remember to ALWAYS add items not germane to the subject matter

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=https://postimages.org/]

Jose Cuervo Especial...on the rocks.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Me, a nutless dog, an Amish heater and a grape soda.

And a no good calico

* have to help host a church wild game supper tomorrow, don’t have the luxury to be hammered. Hope to fugg they don’t ask me to help them score those ratty 100” cull bucks that Fudds drag in of grampie’s mantle

* remember to ALWAYS add items not germane to the subject matter

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=https://postimages.org/]

Nice cat. I've never heered of Big K, but I've got some Dolla Gennerl brand in the garage cooling. I think it's Cloverfield or some such.
Kroger

Or in oregon ...fred meyer
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Manhattans, on the rocks. Cheap rye and a splash of sweet vermouth. Two cherries.

Sacrilege.
Glenfiddich.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Kroger

Or in oregon ...fred meyer

Freddie's.
Famous Grouse....
Started off with a snort of Tullamore Dew and just poured another half a snort of Jameson Cask Mates IPA. I'm in my happy place, hope you fellers are too.
Like most Friday nights...….bourbon manhattan's
Bird Dog Peach.....while relaxing with my bird dog.
Had the pleasure to go to the Capital Grille here in Vegas last night for dinner. Sitting at the bar enjoying a drink before our guests arrived, the bartender made me a sample of their signature drink which is Pineapple infused Stoly Vodka. Fill a large glass container with "Dole" pineapples then fill it with vodka. they used Stoli but Tito's would work better. Leave it on the counter for 8 days and enjoy. He said, don't try to eat the pineapple as it will taste like lighter fluid. I'll take his word for it.
It was delicious but is very sneaky.

Piker,

not even Faygo or Nehi.

Me, water now and when I get the TV and watch some NHL skills stuff it'll be a bowl of popcorn and some homemade lemon seltzer from my Sodastream.

Geno
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Had the pleasure to go to the Capital Grille here in Vegas last night for dinner. Sitting at the bar enjoying a drink before our guests arrived, the bartender made me a sample of their signature drink which is Pineapple infused Stoly Vodka. Fill a large glass container with "Dole" pineapples then fill it with vodka. they used Stoli but Tito's would work better. Leave it on the counter for 8 days and enjoy. He said, don't try to eat the pineapple as it will taste like lighter fluid. I'll take his word for it.
Tito's is the only Vodka I allow in the house.
Had to run the snowblower again this evening, 4th or 5th time in the last week.

Ma was cooking supper and handed me the Peppermint Schnapps bottle out the back door as I was shoveling the deck off.

A swig of that is as good a cold remedy as any other.
Coors light #drinkhardhunteasy
Tonight, it was two fingers of Johnny Walker Black neat.
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Trying to kill a sinus cold with Jim Beam tonight and just getting started.
Les

No cold but the same. I am washing down the homemade elk dogs from my buddy Chad. That’s my excuse for the Jim anyway

Flor de Cana
Cold green tea with lemon and a left handed jazz cigarette
Originally Posted by Salty303

eek

Geno
Flor De Cana Yep Flower of the Cane.. Not something to mix with Coke... I like the 18 year old.
its a good night for some jesse james burbon and seven up I am working on my 3rd and all seems to be going as I hoped it would! Smoooooth!!!!
Jameson tonight. But I did score 2 bottles of Eagle Rare at the store yesterday.
Finished my Bullitt rye last night. Trying Old Forrester rye 100 proof tonight. I like Bullitt better. Neat as usual.
A lot of high end drinks tonight, or so it seems. I tip my hat to 'ya.

Some Bud lights at friends & now home with a Vodka & club soda with a lime twist. After a taste test or 3 last fall, I'm thinking I might want to explore Gin. But rarely ever seeing it mentioned here. Whats up ?
Originally Posted by gunzo
After a taste test or 3 last fall, I'm thinking I might want to explore Gin. But rarely ever seeing it mentioned here. Whats up ?

It's a predominantly Caucasian assembly, here.
Originally Posted by jar
its a good night for some jesse james burbon and seven up I am working on my 3rd and all seems to be going as I hoped it would! Smoooooth!!!!
That is some nasty shixt.
Ah! common man, no Colt 45 mentioned. Can't a mic venture out?
Originally Posted by Bristoe
After a taste test or 3 last fall, I'm thinking I might want to explore Gin. But rarely ever seeing it mentioned here. Whats up ?

Non-caucasians predominately drink gin? Serious question. I never suspected other races liking gin.
Originally Posted by Salty303

Laffin
Ah! common man, no Colt 45 mentioned.

lol,...but seriously. You might want to try Grey Goose. It's vodka, of course,...but it has a juniper "whang" to it.
[quote=gunzo I'm thinking I might want to explore Gin. But rarely ever seeing it mentioned here. Whats up ?[/quote]

My son & his bride to be like Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin. I bought some Fenimore from the Cooperstown Distillery up the road that was pretty good too. Our experts (drunks) at camp liked Bombay Sapphire. Gin seems to be more of a Summer drink to me.
Beam. James Beam.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
[quote=gunzo I'm thinking I might want to explore Gin. But rarely ever seeing it mentioned here. Whats up ?

My son & his bride to be like Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin. I bought some Fenimore from the Cooperstown Distillery up the road that was pretty good too. Our experts (drunks) at camp liked Bombay Sapphire. Gin seems to be more of a Summer drink to me.
[/quote]

Agreed, a wonderful summer drink come to think of it.

Switching from ice cold brews in hot weather to Bourbon or the derivatives in cold weather is par, & many friends do so. However I robbed myself of this tradition about 40 years ago when I tried to drink it all one night. My body still shivers at just the smell of Rye, Bourbon & Scotch.

What's an adventurous man to do?
Had a small cup of saki with supper and a night cap of Old Forester Rye. The rye has more of an edge than the good Iowa stuff, but passable on a cold winter night.
Originally Posted by muffin
Famous Grouse....

Have you tried the Grouse Smoky Black? It's definitely smoky, and to me smooth. Like it.

Had that many moons ago but can't quite place what city. Thinking it was Kansas City, KS but maybe not. Anyhow, they're definitely onto something with the pineapple martinis. And the steaks ain't half bad either.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

First house I bought after the dee-eye-vee-oh-ar-cee-e called for a small celebration. Real estate agent and her husband were and are good friends so we just did all the paperwork at my apartment. Was quite sometime back. Little lady, one of the finest I've ever known except for the bad times, was there to help with the party. Unfortunately by the time I signed on the final line and drank the last of the Tanqueray the world was spinning backwards and the whole place looked upside down. Not sure exactly how I conducted myself after that but the next morning had it explained to me that it was totally unacceptable. I can't even look at a green bottle anymore. Was one of the lessons that greatly affected my drinking habits and how to treat a lady. And I'll never drink gin again. Country song in there somewhere.
Ardbeg.
And just to wrap up my commentary for tonight, it's a wee dram of Evan Williams Bonded wetting my whistle. Have my fire suit on so let me have it. To me it's a lot like the 7x57. Kills way above it's pay grade. If you've not had the white label it's certainly worth a try. Mine tonight is straight with a couple small ice cubes. Had a fine surprise when I walked in the ABC. The Bonded big jug was on special red tag at $24.95. Just this year had it explained what Bonded means. Seems twas a way for our Feds to keep folks on track as to what was being put in the bottles. It has to be from a single distillery, from a single distilling season, aged 4 years or more and be 100 proof. A fair recipe. Not a $100 dollar bottle but quite nice. Good night y'all
E.H. Taylor Single Barrel.
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by 79S

In this clip, you can see Tom chasing after me as I drive off into the sunset...
Originally Posted by 79S

In this clip, you can see Tom chasing after me as I drive off into the sunset...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
And didn’t spill a drop.
And didn’t spill a drop.

[Linked Image from ]
APPLE JACK SHINE
Was eating alligator and drinking Pepsi. "She who must be obeyed" usually doesn't let me drink. It's for the good of all concerned. PTSD, and I just don't play well with others. Water or a big cold glass of milk is great too. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
PowerAde because I had too much tequila last night!
Last night was a quart of raw cows milk with the last of the chili I had been eating on all week since I got back, good chili, with jalapenos and cold milk makes a fine winter time supper, a coffee kicker before loading the stove with back logs and hitting the sack.
PAHunter ever tried Kill Cliff for the hangover? I haven't had enough alcohol to get a hangover. My guts spew it back out. But I have read the guys at Kill Cliff use their recovery drink to rid their head of a hangover. There is a CBD drink I use for occasional overdoing it on the weight machines. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
PAHunter ever tried Kill Cliff for the hangover? I haven't had enough alcohol to get a hangover. My guts spew it back out. But I have read the guys at Kill Cliff use their recovery drink to rid their head of a hangover. There is a CBD drink I use for occasional overdoing it on the weight machines. Be Well, Rustyzipper.

I have not tried it. Honestly, I feel just fine...just figure another night of fun isn't needed. I am just a bit behind on the hydration anyway.
I had the nectar of the God's...................a glass of sweet tea.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'd try some of that Van Winkle.

Running out of the good holiday stuff, but it was fun while it lasted.

I'm blessed with a palate that lets me enjoy just about any bourbon, but I have to admit that Van Winkle is very good. I was shocked when I opened that Christmas present. My wife has done a good job over the years getting me presents that are creative and that I can appreciate, but this year she out did herself. She knew that I would never in a million years buy that for myself. I had it open before the wrapping paper hit the floor.
I’m gonna have to try Rip Van Winkle
Originally Posted by Morewood
Beam. James Beam.

I saw what you did there, 007
Trooper Ale and listening to Theatre of Tragedy album Aegis.
Should make me sleep pretty good.
Evan Single Barrel
Four Roses single barrel,
Originally Posted by Ella

I'd try some of that Van Winkle.

Running out of the good holiday stuff, but it was fun while it lasted.

Damn Ella, you have more dead soldiers than Gettysburg!
Originally Posted by longarm

Like that one a lot
Ya'll drink some expensive stuff!! I had a double Ketel One and diet Gosling's tonight and stopped. Good stuff.
We had a good bit of Jack last night at Bo’s Barn in Temple. Good show by “ Fast Movin Train”
Redemption Rye Old Fashioned's here. The same for this evening.
Originally Posted by Mathsr

Last summer I went to see an old Man in a neighboring state to pick up 150+ year old Sharps 45-110 Buffalo rifle, after a fine dinner of rib-eye and potato, he came out with a beautiful black wood and leather faced serving platter, it carried a bottle of that Van Winkle and two short glasses, I remember 25 year, and Reserve on the bottle, he poured up a couple three finger shots, it was the smoothest I had ever had, that old Man has very fine taste. smile

One day, I'll break down and treat myself or get lucky and get treated. The Van Winkle is on my bucket list.

Someone gave me a bottle of Glenlivet this holiday and I found it real pleasant. Went to get a bottle and woah scotch is another tier of $. There was a bottle of 25 year old McClellan I think for $2,000 behind the cashier. I'd love to try a glug of that Lagavulin...

But bourbon is cheaper and I do like a drink. Back to the Ancient Age....
Hung over today!
Took it easy last night. Opening a bottle of Eagle Rare this evening. And I'll still take it easy. LOL.
I am just trying to decide on which bottle to open next. The Weller Full Proof is temping, just not sure I am ready to crack that one yet.

And this is just my Buffalo Trace collection.
I've never seen a bottle of Weller full proof. Got 12 yr, 107, and of course 7 year. The 107 is good, but I haven't seen it on the shelf in a long time, so don't want to open any more.
Originally Posted by scoony
I am just trying to decide on which bottle to open next. The Weller Full Proof is temping, just not sure I am ready to crack that one yet.

You're missing an important one. But be careful. White Dog takes no prisoners.

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/white-dog
Four Roses Small Batch. First time I have tried it not bad.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Four Roses Small Batch. First time I have tried it not bad.

I've heard that and want to try it. I like 4 Roses single barrel. Small batch seems expensive.
Love the Weller I've had, forget what level. Used to be a sleeper, cheap and better than the pricey stuff.

Looks like a tasty prospect, scoony.

I like all the four roses. Remember when they were awful? Then Suntory or someone bought them and they started making good stuff.
Eagle Rare. 🦅
Tonight it is Apple Pie shine.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I've never seen a bottle of Weller full proof. Got 12 yr, 107, and of course 7 year. The 107 is good, but I haven't seen it on the shelf in a long time, so don't want to open any more.

The Full Proof is a new one. I had to get up at 4 am and get in line at the local store to get that one. Retail for the Weller line is going up. Used to get the Weller 12 for $38. Current retail is $59.

Four Roses small batch is good. I have been eyeballing their Small Batch Select but the price for the select keeps me up on the fence.
Famous Grouse and a drop of crick water. Good enough for late evening swilling but nothing too spectacular...

Originally Posted by Mathsr

THE most overrated bourbon ever. Especially when Woodford can be had regularly as a fraction of the cost.
Kirk & Sweeney 12 yr

Damn fine for sipping.
Total amateur here, Black Velvet on ice. Very affordable.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Amateur?

You sound like a pro to me...
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Amateur?

You sound like a pro to me...

I really like looking over the choices in the local liquor store. I have a couple of 12 year old scotches but they are for special occasions and the BV is a good stand in for every day. That Van Winkle stuff has me thinking I need to up my game.

kwg

Nice set of options.

I had some Makers 101 then ended with W12
Eagle Rare this evening.
Laphroaig.
A brimming glass of tapwater.
Lismore scotch. I wish I had the 18 year Lismore, but I will survive, somehow.
Whistle Pig
Don’t drink during the week.
Drinking? What yall smokin?
Mastro Dobel Añejo Tequila - really good.
A couple glasses of red wine.
It may be two fingers of Tomatin if the store I'm visiting after work has the right one.
Just finished an Old Forester 100 proof bourbon and a Hudson Maple Cask Rye. Delicious!
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Tonight it is Apple Pie shine.

i make that.

I refuse to over-pay for Buffalo Trace over-hyped bourbon. I'm happy with a nice Wild Turkey 101 or Rare Breed at a fair price.
Just now?[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Everclear....
This thread makes me want to drink!
Originally Posted by cooper57m
[quote=scoony]I am just trying to decide on which bottle to open next. The Weller Full Proof is temping, just not sure I am ready to crack that one yet.

I refuse to over-pay for Buffalo Trace over-hyped bourbon. I'm happy with a nice Wild Turkey 101 or Rare Breed at a fair price.

Hey! Wild Turkey 101 is a very under rated bourbon. That is one I keep around.
Good gosh, it's Monday evening. I've had a few BL's.

But then again, when I worked for a living, coming home on a Monday afternoon might have me wanting hippy hay, vodka, & Valium.
Some really fancy drinkers here, a lot of you guys would get along good with that old man i met picking up a rifle last summer, I should try and contact him to see exactly what we were drinking, I looked at the bottle again after first sip, couldn't believe whiskey/bourbon was that smooth., I'd sure like to have a bottle of that.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Some really fancy drinkers here, a lot of you guys would get along good with that old man i met picking up a rifle last summer, I should try and contact him to see exactly what we were drinking, I looked at the bottle again after first sip, couldn't believe whiskey/bourbon was that smooth., I'd sure like to have a bottle of that.

You would be appalled at the current price of Pappy 25yr

I’ve only had the 16yr, once, and it was awesome. Almost worth the $75 a glass
Originally Posted by huntinaz

You would be appalled at the current price of Pappy 25yr

I’ve only had the 16yr, once, and it was awesome. Almost worth the $75 a glass

Good lord, I do remember Pappy something Van Winkle and 25 year Reserve, that's about it, I'm no whiskey/bourbon drinker, do have a bottle of 12 year Glenmorangie scotch, but that stuff the old man poured up was way past smooth, I figured it to be very expensive.
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Whistle Pig

Which one?

Had their farmstock rye on a recent fishing trip. Outstanding. Boss hog is up next.
I'm impressed with the high quality brands mentioned. I'm looking for a good cheap daily scotch. I tried Dewar's White and it was ok.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Whistle Pig

Which one?

Had their farmstock rye on a recent fishing trip. Outstanding. Boss hog is up next.

The 10 year 100 proof

A fifth of regular Buffalo Trace is actually a buck cheaper that Wild Turkey 101 ($26 vs 27) after the State gets done making its fortune. They’re my two favorite bourbons. “Economical” doesn’t kick in around here until dropping down to Beam white and Williams black ($18 and $16 respectively).

Originally Posted by MM879
I'm looking for a good cheap daily scotch.

Give Monkey Shoulder a try. Thank me later.
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

Teachers is worth a try also. Huge flavor/dollar value.

Originally Posted by 222Rem

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking for them. The reviews sound like what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking for them. The reviews sound like what I'm looking for.

My father in law drank Ushers Green Stripe
Wasnt top shelf but well above bottom shelf. I gave it a try it was smooth with just a hint of after taste. He was over seas on his first deployment when he first tried it. He was in the Air Force for 22.5 years and another 17 at skunkworks. He told me if I was looking for a decent Scoth that Ushers would work. He called it the working man's Scoth. We miss you Master Sargent
ZABIELSKI.
When Stagg Jr become available again locally I’ll buy a couple cases .
https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/stagg-jr-bourbon-batch-12

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/stagg-jr

I did enjoy it last time I had it.
Ronnie
Originally Posted by Texczech

Wasnt top shelf but well above bottom shelf. I gave it a try it was smooth with just a hint of after taste. He was over seas on his first deployment when he first tried it. He was in the Air Force for 22.5 years and another 17 at skunkworks. He told me if I was looking for a decent Scoth that Ushers would work. He called it the working man's Scoth. We miss you Master Sargent
ZABIELSKI.

I really appreciate the advise. I'm starting a list. Not going to try and grade it. Feel free to add to it.
Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's
Cutty Sark
The Famous Grouse

The last of my Winter Jack cider. I'm waiting for the liquor store to start discounting the 3 or 4 cases that are gathering dust.
For decent blended Scotch, try Bell's. Not as good as the Single Malts, but palatable.
Malbec

ZABIELSKI.

I really appreciate the advise. I'm starting a list. Not going to try and grade it. Feel free to add to it.
Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's

Famous Grouse isn’t terrible

ZABIELSKI.

Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's
Cutty Sark
The Famous Grouse

Bump
Pumpkin pie shine tonight.
Buffalo Trace
Whistler 10 year.
Another Famous Grouse and ginger....
Dewars white doe it for me............
does it for me ..............I must be drunk..........
Felt like Scotch tonight: The Balvenie 14 Year Caribbean Cask and Aberlour 12 yr.
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.
Chocolate covered cherry shine.
Have to put in another plug for Famous Grouse Smoky Black. If your local liquoratorium has a bit it's well worth a try. And if I may mention a disappointment it'll be Dewar's 12 year old. Bought a fifth back around Christmas on an urge. Turned out to be not a bit better than white label.
Sangria
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Pickle juice
[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]
Felt like Scotch tonight: The Balvenie 14 Year Caribbean Cask and Aberlour 12 yr.

Two outstanding choices...
G2 Lower Sugar. Glacier Freeze.

Went there a few years back. The distillery was not obvious but the entertainment area in the castle was. Enjoyed Ennis so much we stayed an extra day there and cut out other plans later. Two of my favorite days/nights in years.
Originally Posted by shootem
Have to put in another plug for Famous Grouse Smoky Black. If your local liquoratorium has a bit it's well worth a try. And if I may mention a disappointment it'll be Dewar's 12 year old. Bought a fifth back around Christmas on an urge. Turned out to be not a bit better than white label.

Not sure I like this more than the plain FG, but since the bird on the standard being honored is the AK state bird I have an emotional attachment. wink Both are dirt cheap in Ireland and Scotland... like under $20 a liter. The Black is slightly more expensive.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Went there a few years back. The distillery was not obvious but the entertainment area in the castle was. Enjoyed Ennis so much we stayed an extra day there and cut out other plans later. Two of my favorite days/nights in years.

We didn’t go to this distillery, I bought it in the Dublin airport on the way home. Looked interesting and at cask strength. It’s good. Couldn’t find a liquor store in Dublin or Galway that had reasonable prices so gambled on the airport. Good prices but couldn’t find any of the offerings from the Dingle distillery that I wanted. Got a bottle of redbreast 12 cask strength for like 55€. That’s all that’s left after this is gone...

Not sure I like this more than the plain FG, but since the bird on the standard being honored is the AK state bird I have an emotional attachment. wink Both are dirt cheap in Ireland and Scotland... like under $20 a liter. The Black is slightly more expensive.

IIRC it's 24 to 26 ish for Smoky at our local ABC. Maybe a buck or two over original Grouse. Final preference is always up to the imbiber. To prove the point I've become quite a fan of Evan Williams Bonded white label. Many will disapprove. But look at what all we have here to choose from and argue over, if it comes to that. Only in the US of A. Praise be.

Both gifts from my son. My latest from him is the Nikka Coffey Malt. Haven't popped that one yet.

Both gifts from my son. My latest from him is the Nikka Coffey Malt. Haven't popped that one yet.

I find it medicinal, personally... but maybe Thomas found a better batch. wink

We didn’t go to this distillery, I bought it in the Dublin airport on the way home. Looked interesting and at cask strength. It’s good. Couldn’t find a liquor store in Dublin or Galway that had reasonable prices so gambled on the airport. Good prices but couldn’t find any of the offerings from the Dingle distillery that I wanted. Got a bottle of redbreast 12 cask strength for like 55€. That’s all that’s left after this is gone...

I find duty-free stores abroad to have lots of different stuff never seen on the internet or in stores. The Redbreast is exceptional.

IIRC it's 24 to 26 ish for Smoky at our local ABC. Maybe a buck or two over original Grouse. Final preference is always up to the imbiber. To prove the point I've become quite a fan of Evan Williams Bonded white label. Many will disapprove. But look at what all we have here to choose from and argue over, if it comes to that. Only in the US of A. Praise be.

I will have to look for the bonded.
May have one Bud Light
I thought I keyed in 24hour campfire but it appears Face book popped up. Not being a member, I don't know how I made it in.

ZABIELSKI.

Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's
Cutty Sark
The Famous Grouse

Skip the Green Stripe.
Originally Posted by mathman

ZABIELSKI.

Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's
Cutty Sark
The Famous Grouse

Skip the Green Stripe.

I'll take your advise on the Green Stripe. Leaning towards the Famous Grouse Smoky Black. It can't be worse that the Lauder's I'm working through. The Lauder's taste a little like scotch with a Kessler base. Not too bad after the third sip.

Teachers
Monkey Shoulder
-Ushers Green Stripe
+Dewer’s White
-Lauders
Bell's
Cutty Sark
The Famous Grouse Smoky Black
Might do a Trooper ale after work
It’s only 3pm. More BRCC for now.
Mucinex "Nightshift", and water
Hot Red Rose Tea.
Four Roses Bourbon. First time I've tried it, not too bad but there are many better.
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Four Roses Bourbon. First time I've tried it, not too bad but there are many better.

The cheap Four Roses?? I couldn't get past the first sip. Four Roses Single Barrel is good. And I've heard the Four Roses Small Batch Select is good, too.
Tequila
Buffalo Trace and Goslings diet ginger beer.
I just poured a Riverboat Rye Old Fashioned. Killer.
[Linked Image from d2zcsajde7b23y.cloudfront.net]
Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey... Try it, I'm tellin ya this shiet is the shizzle
Originally Posted by JTman
Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey... Try it, I'm tellin ya this shiet is the shizzle

Dude......You better delete that before mathman sees it.
Rubbing alcohol.
I'm drinking German tonight. German Brandy-Ansbach.

Don’t say that, I saw peanut butter flavored whiskey at the local store the other day. I asked where the jelly flavor whiskey was.
Ronnie
This,
https://www.oldforester.com/products/old-forester-1897-bottled-in-bond-whisky/

And or this
https://www.oldforester.com/products/old-forester-1920-style-prohibition-whisky/

Ronnie
Just my usual Evan Willliams black.

Cheers everyone.
same here a little evan black
Negra Modelo. If I wasn't so fugging fat I'd drink it more often.

Love the flavor & the heaviness when nothing else is involved. Summertime & food cancels it for me.
I picked up a bottle of Yellowstone Select Bourbon today and it is nice, not complex but a very pleasant sweet bourbon with vanilla, caramel, light fruit notes in the neck pour.

The Evan Williams Bottled in Bond that others have mentioned hits well above it's weight class (price pt.) and Old Forester 1920 is my current favorite bourbon.

I find it medicinal, personally... but maybe Thomas found a better batch. wink

I hope so too. My experience with other Japanese whisky has been favorable so far.
Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image from d2zcsajde7b23y.cloudfront.net]

Ron is the man!
And he loves Lagavulin with his meats.
Kirkland blended 12 year scotch with yerba mate bitters on ice... does not suck and it is cheap...

The cheap Four Roses?? I couldn't get past the first sip. Four Roses Single Barrel is good. And I've heard the Four Roses Small Batch Select is good, too.

Regular Four Roses is OK for cheap bourbon. Four Roses Single Barrel is terrific, well worth the extra $.

My favorite bourbon? Angel's Envy.
I went for The Famous Grouse Smoky Black. It is much better than I thought. I didn't expect too much at the low price point. The bird starts out rough, but settles in to a nice smooth smoky scotch. Thank you for the good consul.
Corona virus....err....Corona Premier.
my usual.......

Costco Vodka.....mixed with a shot of lemonaide & Fresca........ grin
Bulleit rye Old Fashioned.
Old Forester 1920 bourbon neat. Wonderful stuff.
Nothing, got grandkids all weekend
Jim beam and coke zero
Nyquil.....unfortunately
Finding out what all the hoopla is over White Claw. I bought a variety pack. First one down, grapefruit. Rather tasteless. Same abv as Widmer hefe, my usual beer.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Finding out what all the hoopla is over White Claw. I bought a variety pack. First one down, grapefruit. Rather tasteless. Same abv as Widmer hefe, my usual beer.

P

Let me guess.....favorite rifle is a 270.
Originally Posted by EdM
Bulleit rye Old Fashioned.

My man!!!
Jesse James and Pepsi
old forester bourbon neat. a good pour
Coffee currently. Switching to Teachers in an hour.
Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout
Need to pull out the JW Black Label.
Kerosene.
Weller 107 Antique neet!
Maybe 2 pours :-)
Originally Posted by papalondog
Weller 107 Antique neet!
Maybe 2 pours :-)

2 pours ?? shocked

You hit the lottery today ??? grin
Oregon Liquor Commission sets the price for the state so they can't scalp prices. I have a couple favorite liquor stores that keep me in 107. Recently went almost two months without getting any but picked up 3 bottles this week. I have been searching for a bottle of 12 year Weller for over a year. Never had it and we just don't get it in Oregon. Of course Pappy's is out of the question and even on a bucket list, only a fart in a hurricane.

Keep telling myself it is the hunt that is the fun, but would really like to try 12 year just once :-)
Oregon Liquor Commission sets the price for the state so they can't scalp prices. I have a couple favorite liquor stores that keep me in 107. Recently went almost two months without getting any but picked up 3 bottles this week. I have been searching for a bottle of 12 year Weller for over a year. Never had it and we just don't get it in Oregon. Of course Pappy's is out of the question and even on a bucket list, only a fart in a hurricane.

Keep telling myself it is the hunt that is the fun, but would really like to try 12 year just once :-)

What does the Oregon Liquor commission say is the going price for 107 ??
$49
Tonight, water. Big day.
I must be thinking of another variety of Weller's............ I was thinking $175-ish.

My bad.
Connemara peated Irish Whiskey

x2. for the price can't beat it
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Used to knock those hard until I tried them. Not saying they are my go-to, but better than nothing. How were the rest?
That reminds me, I have only had two beers, and two liquor drinks so far this year. 😱
Dude, catch up man. It’s Monday night so it’s a fine time for it;)

That's an absolute favorite of mine!

It used to be my Christmas Eve tradition to get everyone in the household to bed, then I'd pour it in a small wine glass, & slowly sip it beside the fire over the course of about 1/2 an hour, acknowledging the unfurling flavors as the potion warmed. I'd also read, "Journey of the Magi", and stare the tree.

It's too expensive to drink fast, anyway. grin

As of late, they've not had it at the store. I've made due with Rochefort 10 or 8: different brews, but the same general idea as Traquair.

FC

For some reason, here in central KY, I can not find the Antique. I can get the Weller 12 on release day and even have the full proof which is new, but can't seem to find the Antique.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

That's an absolute favorite of mine!

It used to be my Christmas Eve tradition to get everyone in the household to bed, then I'd pour it in a small wine glass, & slowly sip it beside the fire over the course of about 1/2 an hour, acknowledging the unfurling flavors as the potion warmed. I'd also read, "Journey of the Magi", and stare the tree.

It's too expensive to drink fast, anyway. grin

As of late, they've not had it at the store. I've made due with Rochefort 10 or 8: different brews, but the same general idea as Traquair.

FC

First time I’ve had it. Glad I gambled and bought two, it’s good
My wife's family are commercial fisherman here on the PNW coast. Just finished a fresh crab cocktail and then crab cakes for appetizers.
Going to have beef steak sandwiches with grilled peppers and ........
I just opened a bottle of Old Forester Prohibition Style for desert.
Picked up a 750 of Jim Beam Bonded today.

Been hearing its a better bourbon than the price point would suggest...……………

Let ya know.
Trying the Russell's Reserve 10 yr tonight. Not bad, but it was $37, I think. I also bought a couple of other bottles that I"ve never tried - Jefferson's very small batch and Michter's Sour Mash. Will try those later.

Update: Drinking it neat....with a splash of H2O. Still a lot of heat to it....which I have come to like.
You guys drink some stuff I’ve never heard of in Arkansas. I have had two Bud Lights so far
Picked up a 750 of Jim Beam Bonded today.

Been hearing its a better bourbon than the price point would suggest...……………

Let ya know.

Tonight, it is Jim Beam Repeal Batch. It is a limited edition and very good.
Jet A
Monkey shoulder. Headed out to shop, trying not to think about “work”.
Lizard Head Red ale at Steamworks Brewing in Durango, CO.

It’s good!
Originally Posted by achadwick
Lizard Head Red ale at Steamworks Brewing in Durango, CO.

It’s good!

I love Durango! Best of times spent there.
I love this town too! I get down here about 2-3 times per year, and that’s not enough!
Black coffee with supper, just had near a quart of raw milk with a couple tablespoons of Natural Jif PB, a chunk of dark chocolate and a banana, that damn splitting maul and chainsaw kicked my butt today, I needed a little treat before bedtime. smile
Let us know if you're able to go to sleep normally tonight, Gun. I eat a banana after getting sleepy on long road trips to or from hunting or fishing and the hit comes in 20 min and lasts for a few hours. Coffee doesnt hold a candle to it. I've also been told a golden delicious apple can save your life on long trips from the energy hit.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Let us know if you're able to go to sleep normally tonight, Gun. I eat a banana after getting sleepy on long road trips to or from hunting or fishing and the hit comes in 20 min and lasts for a few hours. Coffee doesnt hold a candle to it. I've also been told a golden delicious apple can save your life on long trips from the energy hit.

LOL, you split near two rick of firewood with an 8lb maul you can sleep after you've eaten a whole damn tree of bananas, I guarantee you that Sir! smile
Not a thing.
Trying the Russell's Reserve 10 yr tonight. Not bad, but it was $37, I think. I also bought a couple of other bottles that I"ve never tried - Jefferson's very small batch and Michter's Sour Mash. Will try those later.

Update: Drinking it neat....with a splash of H2O. Still a lot of heat to it....which I have come to like.

Russell's Reserve 10 year, neat, is one of my faves !!! Good choice. 👍👍

The Jim Beam Bonded..........jury is still out. It's not disgusting. Wouldn't call it great either. I guess it just right about what you should expect for an $17 bottle........ I guess. It's really the first (my budget) budget bourbon I've tried. I usually find my favorites in the $30-$45 range........which is still "cheap" bourbon to the aficionados. But not to me.

The Jim Beam Bonded..........jury is still out. It's not disgusting. Wouldn't call it great either. I guess it just right about what you should expect for an $17 bottle........ I guess. It's really the first (my budget) budget bourbon I've tried. I usually find my favorites in the $30-$45 range........which is still "cheap" bourbon to the aficionados. But not to me.

First hurdle is drinkability. 2nd hurdle with me is morning headache/hangover. So we'll see how the RR 10 fares in the morning and I'll report. Eagle Rare and a few others (mostly wheated)......no headache. Crown Royal.....instant headache!
Hahahahaha. Joe Biden is such a loser

This is a winner:

First hurdle is drinkability. 2nd hurdle with me is morning headache/hangover. So we'll see how the RR 10 fares in the morning and I'll report. Eagle Rare and a few others (mostly wheated)......no headache. Crown Royal.....instant headache!

Never got into the Crown, much. More of a bourbon (and occasionally good tequila) guy, myself.

Haven't found any of the bourbons to leave me a morning headache...……….at all. Generally never more than two fingers, neat. Treats me well.

Gonna keep at this Jim Beam Bonded to try and form an official thumbs-up or thumbs-down opinion.
Maybe a Bud Light
I’m up for a Bud Light also
Diet Pepsi. Now I will never get to sleep. frown

kwg

This is a good one
BRCC Murdered Out currently.

Jimmy Beam pretty soon.
Coffee. French press.
Jury's still out.

But a couple fingers of Jim Beam Bonded do make for some good sleepin' medicine after a helluva SOTU speech.........
Last night I had a couple of fingers of Johnny Walker Green (15 year). Very nice..

I had some around Christmas time. It was actually pretty damn good! Surprisingly good. Shocked the heck outta me!
Philistines!

grin
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Last night I had a couple of fingers of Johnny Walker Green (15 year). Very nice..

I’m a fan
Might be gonna slum it tonight with a Yuengling Pilsner or two.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I’m a fan

Part of the blend is Talisker and that is why I like it...
Titotinis
Black coffee. Drip.
I had a large chunk of caveman roast with two ice cold Mic Ultras for dinner while the fireplace stove popped on up to a toasty warm 74 degrees, it's about 30 outside with a 15 mph wind out of the N/NW! i'll chill out for the rest of the day, works done, time to rest!
High West Double Rye
Originally Posted by Elkhunter3006

I had some around Christmas time. It was actually pretty damn good! Surprisingly good. Shocked the heck outta me!

Oh Please!! Do you drop a big scoop of vanilla ice cream into it instead of ice cubes too? (shudder!)

Heathens I say!

smile

Makers mark
I like minty blueberry mojitos!

Or cranberry, raspberry limeade seltzer with spiced rum! 👅
High West Double Rye

Love that stuff
A wee bit o' Jameson's.
Coupla ultras. Lots of calories in what I really like.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
A wee bit o' Jameson's.

Been a while since I had me some Jameson's......……………….. Jameson/rocks is hard to beat !!
Kombucha
We are sitting in our room in Pebble Beach with me sipping a Bulleit rye Old Fashioned and my dear wife a Chardonnay. It seems I have tossed martinis for the OF's. Nice ocean view and sunset helps.
Just a word before I step over to the dark side and maybe don't make it back. I bought a bottle of Old Grand-dad 114 for $25 and I'm going to try it tonight. I've heard good things and I have liked all of the other high proof bourbons I've tried. I hope this one is good....because the price is good.

Just cracked a bottle of colonel E.H. Taylor single barrel. Been saving it for a special occasion. Fug it. We breathing and the little ones are healthy.
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by Elkhunter3006

Oh Please!! Do you drop a big scoop of vanilla ice cream into it instead of ice cubes too? (shudder!)

Heathens I say!

smile

Haha... I never thought to put a lil vanilla ice cream in it!! Have to give it a try sometime.

Seriously though, it's way better than it sounds. Just like EH3006 said, I didn't think it'd be any good but it surprised the shiet out of me!
Ice tea
Just loaded the stove again, black coffee.
Old Grand-Dad 114 is good stuff. Very good. Added a splash of water. Very drinkable.
bud light
Johnnie Walker Blue
Last cup of cold black coffee, about to make more.
Barrista Breakfast blend thru a French Press
Snake River Monarch pilsner
Water, Gatorade, and just had a pile of dill pickles with my bbq sandwich for supper, I horsed a 245lb steel plate up the mountain this afternoon, I need the salt! damn I'm tired!
Local place

I got home this afternoon about 3PM.

Been off work ever since.

Had a chitty cough and head cold all week.

On the way home today bought a bottle of Baileys for cough syrup and bottle of Patron silver for wife(and me).

A sixer of Bud Light, two shots of Patron, and just now a healthy swig of Baileys has about killed the cough.
Hey Sam, try Frangelico for the cough. And if you wish a bump split 50/50 with Scotch. Neat. No ice, at the most one cube just to chill. This is Wife Approved for Medicinal Purposes.
For tonight genuine USA spirits. Ezra Brooks sour mash. Not a high $, not for the connoisseur. But a nice remembrance of liquor for the masses . 90 proof with a splash of well water and a cube to chill just a bit. Bourbon made with ingredients those long passed enjoyed. Has a heat, a nice heat. Enjoy your choices mates.
Cheers!
Just picked up a Knob Creek Rye. Will crack it shortly.
Jamo again
Originally Posted by jimjr

I like that one
Originally Posted by jimjr

I like that one

Agreed. I have some at camp. Very drinkable.
Dixie Light.

Made in NoLa (again)
[Linked Image from specsonline.com]
S. Pelligrino
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[Linked Image from specsonline.com]

We get shiner in MS. Not a lot of the variants though.

One store used to carry the Family Tradition mix packs. Not big on the Kosmos.

The Poteet Strawberry beer is good.
had a coors light while cooking dinner
Working on a bottle of Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
Raging Bitch Belgian IPA, had a couple, now time to wind down.
Think I’ll have another, this is a personal favorite.
Currently, 2 fingers of Jim Beam Bonded. That polished off the bottle. About what you'd expect for a $17 bottle of 100 proof bourbon...…………..... Not saying I'd not buy it again. But I'll try lots of others I've not tried first.

If I need to go back to the well tonight...……….it'll be Buffalo Trace. Never disappoints.
IPA’s are too strong for my liking.

I do like Goss beer. Semi local brewery does a watermelon goss.
Originally Posted by patrout

If you like the Raging Bitches, try the Double Dog. Just as tasty and 12%.

I had one tonight then a bourbon and ginger ale.
That one is really good also, I really really like anything from Flying Dog Brewing!

Originally Posted by Rgramjet

Moved onto a a Jefferson’s Manhattan , too lazy to mix my own other than adding the cherry and teaspoon on cherry juice
That one is really good also, I really really like anything from Flying Dog Brewing!

Jameson. One ice cube. One maraschino cherry.
Evan Williams single barrel. Almost 8 year. LOL. Not bad stuff.
Apple pie
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Apple pie

Word.
Watching the Oscars so don't want to waste anything good and since I'm out of Early Times I dropped down to Evan Williams. VNext step down would be Kessler's.
Just a dash of Wild Turkey 101 will suit me tonight.
[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

7%ABV

Followed by a couple of Maker's Mark 2 finger pours.

Life is good !
Formaldehyde
Brandy
Back to Weller 107.
Ice tea
Old Forester 100 proof and Wild Turkey 101 was what called to me today.
Tequila
Glass of Malbec - "Research" for our Sept trip. grin
After one of you put that picture of the "queer mermaid for U.S. senator" picture up, straight Everclear! Thought it might be a joke. Another double pull. Fugk!
Warsteiner Dunkel
Jameson on the rocks.
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, big damn bottle, must have been near a quart, went perfect with the last half of a homemade pizza Wife made last weekend, cover that sob with crushed red pepper, fold it over and make it disappear.smile that beer was really, really nice, lays good in the back.
We are just back from just shy of a week on the central coast of California with old friends. We had a great time with great weather. Weather here in the Hill Country is cool and wet. I am sipping a Bulleit Rye Old Fashioned watching the Cooking channel.
Lipton Black Tea
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, big damn bottle, must have been near a quart, went perfect with the last half of a homemade pizza Wife made last weekend, cover that sob with crushed red pepper, fold it over and make it disappear.smile that beer was really, really nice, lays good in the back.

Samuel Smiths is a wonderful beer.

I am drinking a Russels Reserve Store Pick single Barrel from St Louis Wine and Cheese Place
coors banquet beer
Back to Buffalo Trace. 2 fingers, neat.
A cup and a half of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, 2 bananas, about 12oz of yogurt 8oz of orange juice and MCT oil blended into a smoothie. I have at least one of those every day, sometimes adding protein powder. 👍

I’ve begun to care for my liver, for years I was in an endless battle with it but I’ve settled down. 😂
Originally Posted by Stevepoz

Samuel Smiths is a wonderful beer.

I am drinking a Russels Reserve Store Pick single Barrel from St Louis Wine and Cheese Place

Yes Sir it is, I began my quest for improved beverages after being hit over the head by Professor Mathman! cool That Russels sounds good too.
Manhattan, if you want to know how I make then, see my other post in this forum.
Originally Posted by rockchucker
coors banquet beer

That with CrimsonTide, PBR and dead pigs, I've seen this before. smile
My typical night is 3-4 beers after work with an old fashion to end it. Switch on the old fashion between whiskey and mescal. Tonight is whiskey, Maker’s Mark.
RUM AND SPRITE
Me;

Deb;

Ran through a couple fingers of Jameson Black Barrel last night. Not bad.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Me;

Deb;

Nodding
Catskill Distilling Catskill Straight Rye. A nice micro distiller in Bethel NY. I really like NY ryes and this is a dandy.
Gonna have a beer and play cards with wifey. She is down 20.00, so I’m having a good time.
high life in glass
Patrón.
Have a bottle of High West Double Rye on the shelf.

Might crack it open on Friday.
Metamucil.
Oban Little Bay.

'Cause I like scotch too.
I just had my “one beer a year” last week. Something with a mango flavor to it. And it totally sucked. Should have had a regular old Budweiser. Those never disappoint. I don’t think I tasted whiskey in a number of years. Many years.

Just don’t get the big deal with alcohol. To which his own.
Same as last night,, Hazy IPA,& Canadian Mist,,,
Mitchers small batch
Nighty night valerian tea.
several coors lights
Not enough ..
Both BIL under hospice care... last 5 years or so it's all the time..
Dad , last grand parent , son in law .. just for starters persona I'm ready to go back.to war . At least I know why ...
Fresh squeezed lemon over ice and a splash of water ... my choice of drink for cleansing the kidneys and keeping them functioning properly
Criminy...I was at the grocery store in the produce section a couple hours ago.

There were "organic" blueberries for $3 a half pint, and "regular" (from the same grower!!) for $4 a full pint.

A super hot looking gal in her late 20s or early 30s, in tight stretchy ski pants, says to me "why did you get those $4 ones instead of the $3 ones? I try to explain that the $3 are actually 1.5 times the cost of the $4 ones by volume, and am told "must be some math from the old days...how do you get that a pack for $4 is cheaper than a pack for $3?"

(For cripes sake I'm only 58...WTF..."old days"? confused)

Anyway... I'm into my third Blantons...
Drinking a Tomato Beer,actually a Pabst Blue Ribbon and V-8
Mixed about 3/4 Beer and 1/4 V-8 ,Damn Good
Cosco Kirkland Margarita. Pretty good for a bottled mix.
Originally Posted by bcraig

Bloody beers are hard to beat. Ever tried em' with Clamato?
If I was still drinking it might be a double shot of Jack Danials Single Barrel, my all time favorite distilled spirit. But I've had enough. I can't just drink like normal people. I have to have one shot, then another, and another. Then I get in the car and drive around like I have good sense. Nope I just can't handle it. I've been back to the meetings now about 3 weeks and my head is feeling good. If you can handle it and enjoy it, more power to you. I'm no prohibitionist. I just know that I can't handle it anymore, IF I EVER COULD.There's more to life than that for me. I can't afford the DUI B.S.
Originally Posted by m1919

Originally Posted by m1919

No I haven’t, seeing as how I like clams I will have to give it a whirl
While cooking;

While eating;

While relaxing on the couch;

Well, that ones done !
Had some friends over for beers last night
Nothing tonight, but a bunch of Jack tomorrow night, going to see Wade Bowen tomorrow night at the dancehall
shocked

How was the doppelbock ?
Something easy on a sore throat.
shocked

How was the doppelbock ?

Really good. Need to get more of that before they run out. Limited run
Just now, Red Rose tea, hot lemon, a little sugar. It soothes a sore throat.

Later maybe something else.

Give 'em the Dickel.
A couple of Moscow Mules tonight. Soon a chicken cacciatore dinner.
Rittenhouse Rye neat in a Glencarin glass.
Originally Posted by EdM

Love a good Mule Ed !!

It was my daytime drink of choice on last weeks Caribbean cruise.

What ginger beer are you using ?

Hey Paul, plain ole cheap Forty Creek is pretty good also. A couple of shots before bed helps me get right to sleep.
Yep Tex !!

It's all good, probably Makers Mark tonight, film next week !
Lots of Jack and water, going to see Wade Bowen tonight
Noticed a bottle of Makers Mark in the cabinet that was a gift from Christmas, flu hit the day after and I forgot about it....until yesterday.
been several years since I've had any MM, will change that tonight.
It will likely be a generous pour of High King Street Artist's Blend and a large 30+ year old Macanudo Vintage cigar.
Wee wee
Beer with supper
Blanton's. Neat.
It's Valentine's Day so wife and I are sharing a couple of bottles of our current favorite Cab with prime rib...90 from Wine Spectator, and inexpensive! Good stuff...

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_0239.JPG
Got a bottle of 1792 bonded for valentines. Will have to try a shot or two.
Vanilla Crown Royal on the rocks. My back is out of place and hurts like hell. Cheers
CT
Originally Posted by EdM

Love a good Mule Ed !!

It was my daytime drink of choice on last weeks Caribbean cruise.

What ginger beer are you using ?

Fever Tree.
My son is coming home from university for the weekend. He should arrive in 30 minutes or so and will want a Bulleit Rye Old Fashioned. I guess I'll join him.
As per about 75% of the time...……. I find myself here.

Not enough after this is week...
Friday night...…….bourbon manhattan's
Red Wine
Valerian tea.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It’s mediocre, at best.

Will do fine for a Old Fashion.
Cleansed the palate with a few Kona Big Waves.

Followed with a Rye OF.

Week done. Watching hockey. Life is good.

GE
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq

Followed with a Rye OF.

GE

Hey...……......……….. thanks for Jason Zucker.

2 goals tonight.
Time for a couple more fingers of Buffalo, I do believe...……...…..
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq

Followed with a Rye OF.

GE

Good to see you dude...
Big Wisers Deluxe Manhattan for me, Negroni for the wife, then a very nice Sauvignon blanc with dinner
Buschhhhhhhhh
Evan Williams single barrel neat for now. I think it shows aged 8 years. Not bad.

I'm a big fan!
Eagle Rare neat
Blanton's. Neat.

Damn. Breaking out the good stuff!

It’s mediocre, at best.

Will do fine for a Old Fashion.

Give it a few times to get used to the flavor profile. It’s different but worth it. It does make grand old fashioneds, as well as manhattans, sazeracs, vieux carres etc
Shady Bohemian Dark Lager(one of my recipes).

[Linked Image]

Found the bottom of THIS bottle.

R.I.P.

Found the bottom of THIS bottle.

R.I.P.

I quit drinking alcohol again. But before I did, I was drinking all manner of Jack Danial. My favorite was Jack Single Barrel. Some of the best whiskey I"ve ever had.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Shady Bohemian Dark Lager(one of my recipes).

[Linked Image]

Looking great
John Dainiels.
Apple pie shine my own mix.
Proper 12 Scotch,, UFC night !!
Wifey got a bottle of wine, might help her drink it.
Buffalo Trace and water.....on ice.
Dewars White neat.............
I'm fixing to pop the top on this one from Southbound Brewing in Savannah. One of my favorites.

Taylor Fladgate Tawny Port 20. A little softer on the palate than my typical Knob Creek.

Had a couple of these phaggy looking, but tasty treats at the ice shack.

You start to feel the 10.2% ABV, by the end of the 2nd can !

grin

I'm on my way over, save me some. Actually thinking about having a Yellowstone Select bourbon today.
Day-Quil! sick
Gunner,

Was that filthy stuff down with something that will really heal your ailments !

Had a couple of these phaggy looking, but tasty treats at the ice shack.

You start to feel the 10.2% ABV, by the end of the 2nd can !

grin

How’s that Auchentoshan?

Local dopplebock tonight:

Jameson Black Barrel.....neat.
Jameson Black Barrel.....neat.

On the rocks for me.
Couple of Yuengling Pilsners tonight.
Bib & Tucker now, Bud lights to warm up.
Zaya
Gunner,

Wash that filthy stuff down with something that will really heal your ailments !

LOL, damn 99 I would have, but had to drive to town and mail a 50-90 Sharps rifle bullet mould off to pacecars in Florida! grin I had two fingers of 12 year Glenmorangie before bed AFTER my big gulp of cherry flavored ny-quil! sick washed that trash down right and proper ; ]

grin

How’s that Auchentoshan?

Easy drinking, but not as complex as I expected !

That said, 2 of us nearly killed the bottle over 3 nights.
grin

Should be feeling better today then Gunner !
grin

Should be feeling better today then Gunner !

I DO! cool got a snout full of Vicks right now ; ]
Pretty nice day today. Kind of a false spring. Out came the farmhouse ale

Deb put in an order for Alexander Keith's or Rickards Red tonight !

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from beerstore-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]

Let ya know what comes home.
Bud Light

same as usual........just mixed one........
Dry Gin Martini, with garlic stuffed olive on the rocks. So good, I am on my third.
Have you Oklahoma boys tried this Beer or Whiskey?

My daughter bought me this around Broken Bow

The beer was pretty decent and the Whiskey seems solid, nothing special, but still not bad. To me it is a standard tasting Bourbon corn, malt and rye.

Deb put in an order for Alexander Keith's or Rickards Red tonight !
Let ya know what comes home.

Might have done some shopping for myself too !

Mmmm !
Originally Posted by GregW

Ever had the genuine article? I have, flown fresh to me from Germany. If Huss Brewing gets it right then I'll be a customer of theirs if I run across it.

[Linked Image from wineandcheeseplace.com]
Red Rose tea just now, coffee earlier.
Fighting scurvy.

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]
Worse than BGG making fancy coffee drinks.....
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Fighting scurvy.

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

Give that scurvy hell

Just a flat out pestilence we gotta combat
Trying to kill the "crud";

Old Granddad 114 tonight. Great bourbon for the price.
Finlandia vodka and tonic with a twist of lime
Henry McKenna,
Pink Whitney tonight.
May have a beer or two tonight!!
A glass or two of red wine
……….again.

A little Monkey Shoulder blended scotch whiskey and maybe a gin martini a little later.
Started with death wish coffee vodka, finishing with a six’r of founders dirty bastard.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Red Rose tea just now, coffee earlier.

You wild and crazy Methodist you!
Elijah Craig Small Batch this evening.
Highland Park 12

Put it away before I took a picture
Knob Creek Rye
Liberty Creek Merlot, out of the bottle. On the front porch.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Dang, but that sounds nice..........except it's about 18 degrees out on my front porch.......... 😞😠
Nothing, had a lot Friday and Saturday
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Dang, but that sounds nice..........except it's about 18 degrees out on my front porch.......... 😞😠

Fortunately I ain’t much of a drinking man. Using a glass a 1.5L bottle of wine is good for three evenings on the porch, out of the bottle it’s good for four. I drink less, doesn’t take much to get me a mellow buzz on.
Maker's Mark tonight.

First bottle of it I ever bought. Last one, too...………….
Originally Posted by wat
A little Monkey Shoulder blended scotch whiskey and maybe a gin martini a little later.

You shouldn't have to type Gin Martini.

Vodka Martini is about like Ford Corvette.
A glass of homemade wine. Not the best, but it's cheap.
A nice bottle of Ozarka water
Breakfast Blend via a French Press - wonderful.
Blantons
Makers. Cannot afford the good stuff.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by wat

You shouldn't have to type Gin Martini.

Vodka Martini is about like Ford Corvette.

Agreed but, cutting the gin with a good clean vodka is a fine move in the case of the Vesper. It’s my favorite of the martini family.
Originally Posted by 2sticks
Makers. Cannot afford the good stuff.

There's good stuff that costs the same as Maker's...........

Yeesh !!!!! I was really disappointed. Jim Beam Bonded was better and it was only $18/750ml. Maker's isn't too far from kerosene....... But the red wax is pretty.
Sassafras tea
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with middle son Eric, 28 years old, well excited about his new job and relocation to Louisiana. He was sipping a vodka tonic and myself a rye Old Fashioned. All good on the three sons...
Crown And Coke...
Macallan 18. Pain medication for a fractured shoulder.
Originally Posted by doubletap

Some tasty medication I hope
Dopplebock again tonight. Local brew on sale for $40 per case no tax=Pint cans for $1.67 each out the door. It’s awesome especially at room temp. #winning

Elijah Craig Small Batch
Titotinis again,....only a few, however,...and it's about gone.
Wild Turkey 101. Gettin' in shape for a weekend at the compound.
A coworker made a trip from up north and brought me back a bottle of Four Queens 101, trip down memory lane. It’s the coal region of eastern pa ultra cheap blended whiskey and primary ingredient of Boilo!
Just water. No hooch in the house currently.
Vodka and tonic with a twist of lime. Sehr gut.
Bud lights in the shop after work unloading the truck, then a couple more while grilling some chicken with famous Dave's on half and sazon on the other half. Now, Jack and Coke. Working through all the free booze I got from Vendors for Christmas. This is a handle of old no.7 from our flooring supplier. I can pretty much eat out, and drink, for free for the first three months of every year.
Just finished 2 fifths of Woodford's from the lumber yard.
Good evening everyone, This is my first post since joining about an hour ago.
My local provider has some great single barrel Jim B and a really really good tequila. I gave away a couple cases of each on our Lords birthday recently, appreciated by all.
Support local merchants.
God bless our country.
A little Mr. Beam for me this evening
A couple of shots of Crown Royal Hero’s Blend over ice. Happy Trails
Originally Posted by doubletap

Some tasty medication I hope

VERY tasty elixir indeed!
Jack and water at the Eagles concert. Vince Gill on the far side. Concert was fantastic

Some tasty treats, while ice fishing on the weekend !

Nothing today, gotta dry out from Saturday night!
Having a little Willetts bourbon
Working on fingers 5 & 6 of Buffalo Trace, neat.
Had a couple of VBs and am now enjoying a Shiraz
Cause for celebration, finished painting the house
Labatt Blue last night
That reminds me, I've got a bottle of Camus XO I need to get back too !
Cooking "juice" !

Since it’s Friday don me. Probably beer
Absolut and orange juice
A Quarantini.
Knob Creek on ice...

Total Domination IPA.
High quality H 2 O !!
Apple pie shine.
Some slightly flat growler beer. It's still good.
I'm hoping Fubarski chimes in on this thread. I'll have what he's having. Holy phugg...
TW 2020
A couple pints of an experimental Red Cream Ale I made. It's nice about 27 IBUs with kind of a bready malt backbone. One of my better cream ale attempts.

For the lovely Deb;

Fixing to be a 90 degree day here in hateful Florida, so the whisky's put away and I'm breaking out the Bombay Shapphire East, Tonic and limes.
The Reverend and me this evening.....................

A few beers
That Cognac looks nice!
Good cognac is great. Not much love here on the fire.

I love rye whiskey, but sazeracs with cognac are my favorite (Armagnac also works great)
Nyquil.

Storms comin' gonna wreck my sinus.
Gotta shut the snot factory down or will get bronchitis/pneumonia.
Allergies and weather changes............wonderful combo.
2011 Rioja Rerserva

NEVER a bad choice. Always a good pour !!!!
Nothing tonight, grandson is here.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Old Forester 1920 today. A wonderful bourbon.
Good cognac is great. Not much love here on the fire.

I love rye whiskey, but sazeracs with cognac are my favorite (Armagnac also works great)

Bee ute if full;

Last two posts looking good:)
Beam Old Fashioned without rifle...
Had a Bud Light
Quinine and vodka.

My wife got on the internet and started reciting all the side effects of quinine.

I already have all of them,..so fuggit.
Beam Black neat tonight
Tonight I had a glass of Russell's Reserve Bourbon with an iced stone. May I highly recommend this wonderful brown beverage.
Originally Posted by lapua6547

I have learned that Tito's is a huge anti gun guy and gives to anti gun movements. Therefore, I will look elsewhere for my Vodka.
Knob Creek Rye on the rocks
Jim Beam white label.
Hit for the cycle tonight

Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage
The Balvenie Sweet Toast of American Oak
The Redemption Rye

Cheers!
H2O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
H2O

Good man Wabi. I like a little splash of H2O in my bourbon too!
Been working on a bottle of 107 the last few nights. If this stay at home order lasts much longer, I might dip into the good stuff.

Attached picture Weller 107.jpg
Attached picture George T. Stagg.jpg
Soju...COVID case(s) confirmed on Osan AB today. I am now not allowed to leave my apartment. But I have a 1.8 liter of Soju to get me through. at ~$5, it'll do well for a while for cheap!
Maybe some Jack and water!
Bailed out of work at 1230. I couldn't stand another VTC or more "urgent" e-mails. Moved 800 lbs of mulch after weeding the front of the house, put stuff in the flower boxes and now time to relax.

Some grandkids came to spend the night, so probably nothing tonight
Topo Chico, neat.
Bulleit rye and Lake placid ubu.
I am about to pour an Beam Black Old Fashioned.
Wishing I had more of these, last one:
Anybody firing off early today? Not allowed for the religious folk? I don’t know proper Easter etiquette. Resisting the urge for a G&T
Last night we had 2016 Bella Union Cabernet with white bean, rice, and fried crawfish. That was very sophisticated for the houseboat. Been drinking Wild Turkey 101 straight with a little ice lately. Pretty good.

I have an unopened bottle of WT101 that will get opened today. Thanks for the reminder.
Bump;

Summer's coming !

Jim Beam Single Barrel - 95 proof.

Never tried it before, very nice.
Well, tonight being Monday, nothing. Last night being Sunday, nothing. Up until a few weeks ago, we'd have a drink every evening before dinner. Sometimes some wine with dinner as well. Then we decided to cut it down to one drink Friday night and one Saturday night. Damn, I really like my alcoholic beverages. I have to admit, blood pressure is showing marked improvement and I generally feel much better. It's tough, when you like it as much as I do, but limit yourself to two drinks a week, it makes it really hard to decide what to have. Friday night it was a Negroni, Saturday night an Old Fashioned. Looking ahead, I think this week it will be a Martini Friday night and a Manhattan Saturday night.

I believe I just might like that one.
Maybe a Bud Light
Oh, decided to have a mule off.

Australian, Buderim ginger beer vs Fever Tree ginger beer.

Further testing will be needed to determine the result.

laugh
When I lived in Australia it was Bundaberg. Great root beer too.
Yes sir Ed !!

Think we talked about that before.
Beer
Shiner Bock.
turkey 101 with a couple of cubes
I usually steer clear of craft distillers. Most of their schit hasn’t caught up with mainstream products. They’re where craft brewers were in the 90’s.

That said, buddy dropped of a bottle of Woodinville Bourbon the other day. The stuff is GOOD. Not near as sweet and carmely as Makers but not as hot and spicy as Bookers. Kinda a nice little stop in the middle.

It’s a nice $40 bottle IMO.
Originally Posted by rockchucker
turkey 101 with a couple of cubes

Sans cubes for me.
Turkey 101 neat like that is rather good for the money. One of my favorites. Just too dang hot for it right now......

The good stuff goes fast. Back to the basics.

That ginger beer and vodka looks like the ticket for hot nights. Thanks for the notion.
Yep, Moscow Mule are very refreshing !!

I always ad a quarter of a lime juiced, + a slice.

Adds tartness & helps balance.
Really good Canadian whiskey for me;

Glass of Pinot for Deb;

Comfortable setting too !

Originally Posted by lapua6547

I have learned that Tito's is a huge anti gun guy and gives to anti gun movements. Therefore, I will look elsewhere for my Vodka.

Titos is over rated and over priced
© 24hourcampfire