Home
Evidently "trade" with China is alive and well!

https://kstp.com/news/us-customs-an...ernational-falls-january-26-2020/5623689
404 - File or directory not found
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/...y-seized-at-border-in-northern-minnesota

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized $900,000 in counterfeit U.S. currency discovered last month in a commercial rail shipment crossing the U.S.-Canadian border near International Falls, Minn.

The agency announced Saturday that officers flagged a rail container for customs inspection on Dec. 14.

"During the examination, CBP discovered 45 cartons of possible counterfeit currency in the form of $1 bills with a total face value of $900,000," the agency said in a news release.

Secret Service officials confirmed the money was counterfeit. The shipment originated from China.

“CBP officers strive every day to protect the United States from a variety of threats,” said Jason Schmelz, Pembina (N.D.) Area Port Director for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “Those threats don’t always come in the form of terrorists or narcotics, but also in the form of counterfeit currency and other goods that have the potential to harm the economy of the United States.”
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My wife gonna die if I show her that!

Geno
So they found *one* shipment. Likely there are several more. This is a direct attack on the U.S. economy, an attempt to devalue our currents in the hopes that trading partners around the globe will drop the dollar as the world's reserve currency and use the Chinese yuan as the world's reserve currency. This would have disastrous consequences for the U.S. economy that you can research on your own if you want to learn more.

Time for U.S. trade barriers against China to increase - substantially. In fact, given the current virus situation, we should stop all Asian imports. The naysayers will whine that would collapse world trade. Of course they said the same thing about President Trump's tariffs against China to begin with..
It’s kinda concerning how the container made it all that way. It’s no telling what they have smuggled in.
$900K in ones.................

that's a lot of paper.

Test run to see if they can get some $20 bills in?

Benjamins next?

Geno
This is an economic Pearl Harbor. And I'm not exaggerating one bit. Time for the U.S. to put our big boy pants on and deal with China the same way we dealt with Japan.
What kind of idiot counterfeits ONE DOLLAR BILLS??????????
Jerry
Slumlord: That is funny!
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
They check just about every bill down here over 5 bucks. Run through a machine.
The ones are easier to pass.
Originally Posted by hanco
They check just about every bill down here over 5 bucks. Run through a machine.

That might explain why this Chinese attack is using dollar bills. Also, since this attack was likely orchestrated by the Chinese government itself, my guess is the bills are so good it would be extremely difficult to tell the real and the fake dollar apart.
Those bills probably look fine, but I guarantee they break down when you use them.
On the way to the Clinton Money Laundry Service no doubt.
China is big into this sort of thing, to include fake gold and silver bars and coins, not to mention fake Swiss watches.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
China is big into this sort of thing, to include fake gold and silver bars and coins, not to mention fake Swiss watches.

The Chinese make counterfeits of everything from Gucci bags to Muck boots
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Jerry

The kind that hangs out at strip clubs?
And Leupolds!
Jerry

There was a movie made in 1950, Mr. 880, starring Edmund Gwenn and Burt Lancaster about that very subject. Gwenn was an elderly, nice old man, who was counterfitting one dollar bills in his basement, just "to get by." Spent very few of them but Burt Lancaster, Secret Service, is assigned to track him down. It's an entertaining movie.

L.W.
Pretty soon they will be running all bills through a machine.
I wonder what it costs to make a one dollar bill? Is there a real profit margin or just a de-stabilizing move? I would think the profit (if any ) would be negligible …..
I wonder if the " $1 bills" is a misprint in the news story.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Jerry

There was a movie made in 1950, Mr. 880, starring Edmund Gwenn and Burt Lancaster about that very subject. Gwenn was an elderly, nice old man, who was counterfitting one dollar bills in his basement, just "to get by." Spent very few of them but Burt Lancaster, Secret Service, is assigned to track him down. It's an entertaining movie.

L.W.

Back then, a dollar bill had the purchasing power, approximately, of today's twenty dollar bill.
What kind of idiot counterfeits ONE DOLLAR BILLS??????????Jerry
Someone wanting to steal almost one million dollars
Originally Posted by okie
I wonder what it costs to make a one dollar bill? Is there a real profit margin or just a de-stabilizing move? I would think the profit (if any ) would be negligible …..

Costs a buck and a half. You make it up in volume.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized $900,000 in counterfeit U.S. currency discovered last month in a commercial rail shipment crossing the U.S.-Canadian border near International Falls, Minn.

aka Frostbite Falls. Thought Rocky and Bullwinkle had that covered.
Does anything good ever come out of these thrid world schitholes?
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Swifty52

aka Frostbite Falls. Thought Rocky and Bullwinkle had that covered.

first thing I thought of. blame Boris and Natasha

The Chinese counterfeit everything else, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.......

But I wouldn't be surprised if the Chicom government looks the other way on an operation like this.
© 24hourcampfire