Home
Posted By: xxclaro Another tire question... - 01/27/20
Spring will soon be here,or so I keep telling myself. When it does, the wifes vehicle will need some new tires as her summer tires are pretty well done for. I had some Kelly Edge on it for a couple years, rode and handled fine but wore out quick and got a flat on the dirt roads last year. It's an 07 Suzuki Grand Vitara,so not a big heavy vehicle.

I like to use it to beat around the back roads and grazing reserves in the summer, no heavy offloading but a little extra mud traction and puncture resistance is helpful. But, I also need them to be fairly quiet and well mannered on the highway,as that's where it spends most of it's time. Was kinda browsing around the web, and a few that looked interesting were Yokohama Geolander A/T, Pirelli Scorpion A/T Plus, and Maxxis Bravo AT-771. Any suggestions for a small SUV tire that fits the bill? Stock size is 225/65R17.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20
https://tirereviewsandmore.com/general-altimax-rt43-reviews/
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20
Looking at that one too,just unsure of how it would handle some of the 'gravel' they like to use on the roads here...stuff could be used to build a house!
Posted By: hanco Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20
Michelin
Posted By: GRF Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20
I have always had good luck with the Michelin LTD M&S series. Used them on Suburbans, Honda Pilot, Tundra and F150s.

They have worked well for me in snow, mud and do very well on gravel roads. I find they “track” very well on gravel roads.

In the wiinter I use the LTX winter or Ice whatever it’s called.

I haven’t checked to see if they come in the size you need.
Posted By: deflave Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20
Last set of Geolander AT's I ran on a '99 4Runner went 80K hard, hard miles.

Cooper's AT's are just as good IME.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Another tire question... - 01/27/20

Don't know your tire size.......but the first three I'd look at.....especially in Alberta

BFG KO2's

Falkin Wildpeak 3's

Goodyear Ultra Terrains......

all mountain snowflake rated

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-wrangler-ultraterrain-at
© 24hourcampfire