Home

Kobe Bryant and daughter Gigi prayed together at Catholic mass at their local church hours before they both died in the tragic helicopter crash.

The basketball legend and 13-year-old Gigi went to the 7am service at the Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of the Angels in Newport Beach. They both took Communion, the sacrament in which consecrated bread and wine are consumed as memorials of Christ's death.

The father and daughter left the church and soon afterwards boarded the S-76 Sikorsky helicopter piloted by Ara Zobyan which was taking them to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks for Gigi's basketball practice.

A spokesman for Our Lady Queen of the Angels confirmed that Kobe was at the early morning service Sunday.

Bishop Timothy Freyer, of the Orange Diocese, who is currently in Rome meeting the Pope, said Kobe was a 'committed Catholic' who 'loved his faith'.

He said:

‘He was a committed Catholic who loved his family and loved his faith.

'A longtime Orange County resident and parishioner in our Diocese, Kobe would frequently attend Mass and sit in the back of the church so that his presence would not distract people from focusing on Christ’s Presence.

Please join me in praying for the victims. May God grant their loved ones peace and bring them comfort during these difficult times.'

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lic-mass-Newport-Beach-tragic-crash.html
Glad to read this. Hope an account like this reaches the hearts of those around his and spurs the same change in them. Considering the trouble he got himself into early on, good to see he didn’t waste aging by also not maturing.

Hope he did indeed see the savior’s face yesterday.
RIP. All killed in crash!
Thoughts and prayers for all who died and those affected by their deaths.

Given that, I do not understand the amount of time and space given to the tragedy by the media. Would it be the same if it had involved some guy who sat on the bench for the Knicks for two years? Yes, it is news involving a celebrity, but it seems to me that simply reporting it would be all that is necessary, rather than the non-stop tribute that we are witnessing.
The ‘media’ is a business. They’re calculating that this story sells. Unfortunately they’re right. I’m guessing that even someone with the ego of a pro athlete would be uncomfortable with this level of coverage.

Case in point, Bush senior...and the media didn’t even like him. Kobe they liked.
Originally Posted by ftbt

Kobe Bryant and daughter Gigi prayed together at Catholic mass at their local church hours before they both died in the tragic helicopter crash.

The basketball legend and 13-year-old Gigi went to the 7am service at the Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of the Angels in Newport Beach. They both took Communion, the sacrament in which consecrated bread and wine are consumed as memorials of Christ's death.

The father and daughter left the church and soon afterwards boarded the S-76 Sikorsky helicopter piloted by Ara Zobyan which was taking them to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks for Gigi's basketball practice.

A spokesman for Our Lady Queen of the Angels confirmed that Kobe was at the early morning service Sunday.

Bishop Timothy Freyer, of the Orange Diocese, who is currently in Rome meeting the Pope, said Kobe was a 'committed Catholic' who 'loved his faith'.

He said:

'A longtime Orange County resident and parishioner in our Diocese, Kobe would frequently attend Mass and sit in the back of the church so that his presence would not distract people from focusing on Christ’s Presence.

Please join me in praying for the victims. May God grant their loved ones peace and bring them comfort during these difficult times.'

See:

So your saying because he took communion and prayed at a Catholic Church he went to heaven?
Originally Posted by Tom264

He said:

See:

So your saying because he took communion and prayed at a Catholic Church he went to heaven?

This was quoted from a newspaper article. It appears that the jist of the article is that Kobe is in heaven right now.

He said:

See:

Making one’s peace daily, no matter where, ain’t at all a bad thing.
Whole bunch of folks died yesterday for better reasons than a copper ride
In fact a CH53 went down killing every Marine in it....

But, oh.... Poor rich Kobe...
Yeah but can anyone show me in the Bible where it says all you have to do is pray and have communion to gain Heaven?
Chapter and verse?
Yeah but can anyone show me in the Bible where it says all you have to do is pray and have communion to gain Heaven?
Chapter and verse?

Starman is awaiting your call.
Grins
Chapter and verse?

Mark 16:16 is as close as I can get you. As a catholic, I presume he was baptized. Can only take him at his word that he believed. Beyond that doesn’t really affect me. Between him and God now.
Well Mark 16:16 doesn’t say anything about communion and praying but I will give you kudos for finding a very good scripture.
And you are right, we truly have no idea what or who he believed and even we are assuming he was baptized.
We have no clue.
And yes it is between him and God now and by now he knows whether he was in the right or not.
Kobay don’t know a damn thing now. He’s dead.
I guess you don’t believe in Heaven or hell?
We just vanish, quit......nada, no more...nothing?
Chapter and verse?

That sounds like a "works based" salvation to me.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Correct.
We just vanish, quit......nada, no more...nothing?

You are learning.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Chapter and verse?

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Me too. Seems to me...JMO of course, that most, as soon as they are saved, depart from the faith by trying to get saved again, by the goodness of theirownselves and the good works that they do.
Pastor Missie preached on this recently.
Chapter and verse?

Apostle Paul wrote,
"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling."
Philippians 2:12

And Jesus, Who is the Savior says,
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved."
Mark 16:15
Its not the part you were given, but how you played that part.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pastor Missie preached on this recently.

She’s the best person to lead us to Heaven.
Women get shît done
Originally Posted by Ringman
Chapter and verse?

Apostle Paul wrote,
"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling."
Philippians 2:12

And Jesus, Who is the Savior says,
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved."
Mark 16:15

Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)
6. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 3:10 (KJV)
10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Always hard to tell with these things, but if I were a betting man I’d put his chances as better’n Brian Epstein fer example.

But then, if you’d a asked me beforehand I woulda said that the odds of a mega-rich superstar like Kobe Bryant taking the time out to raise his daughter a practicing Catholic were rather slight.

Most likely at his wife’s urging, which means he probably had to get rolled in too, which speaks even better of him.

Had a good friend do that for his own wife, JFC you’d think the Catholics would be GLAD to get a new recruit, but it was an ordeal.
God makes a lot more disposable people than
Sikorsky has made S76s, the loss of such a fine machine will be mourned by some.

I trust that S76B-N72EX has gone to that big hangar
in the sky....

Does mere subjective belief automatically make it true?
At school today I learned that Kobe Bryant was an icon to the teenagers of today, far more than I woulda guessed, doesn’t hurt at all that his last public act was to take his daughter to church.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Always hard to tell with these things, but if I were a betting man I’d put his chances as better’n Brian Epstein fer example.

For charging the Beatles' too high a percentage?
Some folks died early and their families grieve, then the true believers opine on the lives and beliefs of the departed. No hypocrisy to be found around here.

LMFAO

mike r
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

For charging the Beatles' too high a percentage?

Oh, DARN my Brit upbringing!
Chapter and verse?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some folks died early and their families grieve, then the true believers opine on the lives and beliefs of the departed. No hypocrisy to be found around here.

LMFAO

mike r

I’ve never opined on his belief or life....maybe you should take reading comprehension lessons.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Chapter and verse?

That makes absolutely no sense.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

LMFAO

mike r

I’ve never opined on his belief or life....maybe you should take reading comprehension lessons.

It is odd that you would think that missive targets yourself, but then again you frequently display as odd.

have a nice evening

mike r
And you frequent display as stupid.

Stay drunk.
Compare and contrast what the scriptures say about John's Baptism (water) vs Baptism with the Holy Spirit.

Every time the Bible speaks of Baptism, it is not necessarily talking about the same thing.

We do well not to confuse the two.

Edit: Didn't know Kobe Bryant from Adam, but glad he seemed to be taking a real interest in raising his Daughter.

Tim
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
.It appears that the jist of the article is that Kobe is in heaven right now.

Its almost certain Kobe and Co. ascended through some
low-level cloud like JC, but as far as making it to a heaven?

Nobody gets to heaven without clearance from CATC.

Well it's all a sad thing but I think people are making too much about a former basketball player. After all, thousands of people get killed every day including a lot of Cathoilics. Some are more deserving. Some less.

Whenever one of these small plane crashes happens, either this one flying in fog when other helicopters were gounded or JFK's son taking off in IFR conditions without any IFR experience, attention should be paid to how to prevent the next one.

Besides the seven (anonymous?) other people killed by Bryant's pilot deserve an equal amount of sympathy.
Chapter and verse?

There is no such thing as "works based" salvation in the Bible. That is a man-made phrase. Mark 16:16 could not be more clear.

James 2
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Well it's all a sad thing but I think people are making too much about a former basketball player. After all, thousands of people get killed every day including a lot of Cathoilics. Some are more deserving. Some less.

Whenever one of these small plane crashes happens, either this one flying in fog when other helicopters were gounded or JFK's son taking off in IFR conditions without any IFR experience, attention should be paid to how to prevent the next one.

Besides the seven (anonymous?) other people killed by Bryant's pilot deserve an equal amount of sympathy.

BS. The others weren't heroes. wink
Chapter and verse?

It means you don't necessarily have to go to church to have a relationship with God, you stupid phugk.
Originally Posted by ringworm
Whole bunch of folks died yesterday for better reasons than a copper ride
In fact a CH53 went down killing every Marine in it....

But, oh.... Poor rich Kobe...

30 Marines, 1 Sailor Die in Helicopter Crash on Same Day as Kobe Bryant’ Meme

Disinformation, Fact Checks / By Kim LaCapria / January 27, 2020

Claim
In January 2020 30 Marines and one sailor died in a helicopter crash, but the news only reported Kobe Bryant's death.

Rating
Not True

Reporting
Following the January 26 2020 death of athlete Kobe Bryant, posts circulated on Facebook alongside the headline “30 Marines, 1 Sailor Die in Helicopter Crash”:
Chapter and verse?

It means you don't necessarily have to go to church to have a relationship with God, you stupid phugk.

Show me where I said you did.
You don’t read/understand the Bible do you?
Who’s the stupid one??
Lol
Wasnt Kobe a bud of Hillary?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Wasnt Kobe a bud of Hillary?

And “ 0 “
He and his daughter appear to have been aligned with their Father.

While their passing may be hard on those left behind, indeed if they are with Him, it is good.

May their friends and families take comfort in that.
Everyone else has to wait till judgement and JC to return
to see if they get waived through the strait gate with all
the other sheep...

but Kobes catholicism/celebrity status allows
him to circumvent due process.
Chapter and verse?

Show me where I said you did.
You don’t read/understand the Bible do you?
Who’s the stupid one??
Lol

Ummm....wut?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant_sexual_assault_case
But but.....he prayed and had communion at a Catholic Church.....he’s a shoe in.
Aint had a peace of flat bread and a sip of jesus juice in a real long time.

Aint never done my 1st confession.

I didnt complete the catholic kiss the ring confirmation process i geuss when i was a kid.

Holy fugg .....
If I did a confession to a priest now.
I would have ta bring a note book in after several days of compiling it all together.

I would be doing hail mary prayers for weeks.
Sizeable donation check probably take care of that though.
With 2 or 3 hail Mary's tacked on.
Just like the catholic church does, Kobe settled
a sexual assault claim out of court.
I feel contrite when I eat oyster crackers
[bleep] that could bounce a ball . Many others died much more noble with no recognition..
California influences shows here when on can't type ni&& er
RCBLM.
Originally Posted by Starman

"Claim" says it all.

She was a hoe.
She was a hoe.

You know that for a fact?
Originally Posted by ldholton

Translation please.

"Claim" says it all.

She was a hoe.

She was a 19 year old kid

The body of christ is kinda like a dried up really thin and brittle round spot of elmers glue. Guarenteed to stick to the roof of your mouth. Lol!!!
Need ta broaden my horizons and check out other religons with waaaaaaaay better snacks I bet.
But the vatican says if I turn I burn....

They even have cremation and urns they get a cut outta now I heard.
Cause if you aint buried or burned up in one of their approved manners they get a piece of the pie outta of it.

You burn....

But I have this ace card up the sleeve :

Dali sandbagging about it all....

LOL!!!
K. Bryant was married at the time and the 19 yr olds medical report indicated she had tearing of
the vaginal wall and bruises on her body.

Originally Posted by tedthorn

"Claim" says it all.

She was a hoe.

She was a 19 year old kid

In December 2003, pre-trial hearings were conducted to consider motions about the admissibility of evidence. During those hearings, the prosecution accused Bryant's defense team of attacking his accuser's credibility.[11] It was revealed that she wore underpants containing another man's semen and pubic hair to her rape exam the day after the alleged incident.[12] Detective Doug Winters stated that the yellow underwear she wore to her rape exam contained sperm from another man, along with Caucasian pubic hair. Bryant's defense stated that the exam results showed "compelling evidence of innocence" because the accuser must have had another sexual encounter immediately after the incident.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Translation please.
bouncy ball a hero for you to
Gunga galunga
If the boys couldn't bounce a ball better than the other black boys hit it is been peddling dope dark the rest of them
If the boys couldn't bounce a ball better than the other black boys hit it is been peddling dope dark the rest of them

Demmit. Ideeho. Hes a herow. He gots the dough wat says so, bro.
Originally Posted by renegade50

The body of christ is kinda like a dried up really thin and brittle round spot of elmers glue. Guarenteed to stick to the roof of your mouth. Lol!!!!

R50... This will be the best few min. Of your life...

I mean get a load of the advanced science they use
to make the body of christ.

[p.s...give them a call, they may be willing to send
you a free sample pack.]

What is really sad here is, if it was Larry Bird and his daughter that crashed into a mountain and died, you all would be talking about how tragic it is.

GMAFB
Originally Posted by renegade50

The body of christ is kinda like a dried up really thin and brittle round spot of elmers glue. Guarenteed to stick to the roof of your mouth. Lol!!!
Need ta broaden my horizons and check out other religons with waaaaaaaay better snacks I bet.
But the vatican says if I turn I burn....

They even have cremation and urns they get a cut outta now I heard.
Cause if you aint buried or burned up in one of their approved manners they get a piece of the pie outta of it.

You burn....

But I have this ace card up the sleeve :

Dali sandbagging about it all....

LOL!!!

You will receive total conscience. So I have that going for me.🤣
What is really sad here is, if it was Larry Bird and his daughter that crashed into a mountain and died, you all would be talking about how tragic it is.

GMAFB

And if my kids and I crashed into a mountain, do you really think I would care if you or anybody cried about us?

We all know Larry was a saint.

I’m not😜
It's just a bunch of crap.

It's like "oh well, he was black and had a lot of money so F him and his mourning family!"

sick
This little illustration isn't about whether we go to church or not. It's about our priorities.

GMAFB

Most of the anti-Kobe sentiment has nothing to do with skin color, rather, it has to do with politics. Kobe dissed President Trump, and is lumped in with the Lebron James', Kevin Durant's and Stephen Curry's of the world. Larry Bird admires the President. That is pretty much it in a nutshell around here.
© 24hourcampfire