Home
SCOTUS just handed down a ruling that confirms the law that says that if you're an immigrant that is a "public charge" (on welfare) you can't have a green card.

The Trump administration's move to enforce that law had been blocked by district judges who issued injunctions far beyond their granted authority, making the injunction nationwide.

Justice Gorsuch has apparently had enough of that nonsense, at really ripped into the judges that did that. He pointed out that the courts are places where parties settle their differences, and that nationwide injunctions issued by individual district judges extend to parties who are strangers to the case.

Justice Thomas expressed similar sentiments earlier.

It's about time.

article here
SCOTUS just handed down a ruling

Do you have the vote tally handy?
5-4.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
5-4.

any names to go with the numbers?
That would be nice.

MAGA will not sit well with Ejp, la Roy and Jell0.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
5-4.

The split tells you who voted how.

Which way did Roberts vote?
Robert's voted against Trump?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ginsberg voted with trump?
Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan were the opposition.

Are you really that stupid?

Don't be a dumb ass.

The court’s five conservatives, including Chief Justice John Roberts, formed the majority siding with the administration.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yes he is!
Originally Posted by steve4102

Yes he is!

It really was rhetorical...
wink
The court’s five conservatives, including Chief Justice John Roberts, formed the majority siding with the administration.

So now Roberts is a conservative grin grin grin

The things one learns here

Bear’s comment was certainly tongue-in-cheek, and really a very good comeback to jag’s post.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Bear’s comment was certainly tongue-in-cheek, and really a very good comeback to jag’s post.

Neither had a good question and both deserve the question from me. And his history of questions of equal stupidity is legend.
Every other country on the planet has a requirement for immigrants to prove that they can support themselves without public assistance before being granted entry to their country, but for the U.S. to require the same is supposed to be objectionable?
Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Every other country on the planet has a requirement for immigrants to prove that they can support themselves without public assistance before being granted entry to their country, but for the U.S. to require the same is supposed to be objectionable?

They sure as hell didn't work for my tax money.
I was surprised to meet a couple people in Peru that were living off checks like SSI and received them every month from our government. Seems they came here legally with help from family and once they were able to qualify for the checks they moved back. Lived pretty good in Lima on them.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

That's what the sculpture put on it, not a policy directive!

Mike
All the ruling did is limit the national scope of the issue. Regional courts can still knock down the Government's case. It just can no longer be a decision that applies everywhere.
Is Ginsburg still able to attend and vote? Still breathing?
That's on the statue of liberty, not in the constitution, declaration of independence, or in any law that I know of.
Animatronics were installed during her last hospital stay, as well as an update to the artificial intelligence chip.

She even got a new paint job, I understand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
When my wife got her green card I had to provide my last three years of income tax forms to prove my income was sufficient to provide for her. Also I had to sign a form saying that I would be financially responsible for her. She was also banned for welfare and Medicaid for three years. It is about time they enforce this.
Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses yearning to breathe get free shit.

Fixed it

Need to add...."This offer has expired".
MAGA

Hurry up Ruth!
Originally Posted by Hastings

Well, she is apparentlyvoting, anyway. The rest is problematic. You notice they are all wimen who voted against. Yeah, yeah, I know. smile
That would be nice.

MAGA will not sit well with Ejp, la Roy and Jell0.

They can go sit in a dumpster fire.
5-4.

Exactly. Don't need a scorecard.
Originally Posted by Steve
Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses yearning to breathe get free shit.

Fixed it

When that statue was new and that inscription put on it, there was no such thing as free shcit.
The inscription was penned by a Jewish poet at the time and was directed at the European Jewish population suffering from anti semitism. It's broad meaning has been hi jacked just a bit.

Osky
Originally Posted by Hastings

Not long ago, the little gnome announced she was cancer-free now. Gonna hang in there hoping Bernie will get to pick her replacement.
Originally Posted by denton
SCOTUS just handed down a ruling that confirms the law that says that if you're an immigrant that is a "public charge" (on welfare) you can't have a green card.

The Trump administration's move to enforce that law had been blocked by district judges who issued injunctions far beyond their granted authority, making the injunction nationwide.

Justice Gorsuch has apparently had enough of that nonsense, at really ripped into the judges that did that. He pointed out that the courts are places where parties settle their differences, and that nationwide injunctions issued by individual district judges extend to parties who are strangers to the case.

Justice Thomas expressed similar sentiments earlier.

It's about time.

article here

I have visa's for several different countries. This is a standard requirement. Some countries require you to post a medical cost bond if you can't prove insurance coverage.

that was from a poetry contest, not government directive from the desire of the citizenry
WOW... Well - ya can knock me over with a feather..... (Heavy sarcasm for the trolls..)

Hurry up, Prune, so Trump can replace with another conservative..

Be happy to, just post your address and we'll send them right over.

Breathe free. Not eat free, see a doctor free, go to school free, live rent free et cetera.
Originally Posted by mathman

Breathe free. Not eat free, see a doctor free, go to school free, live rent free et cetera.

Those huddled masses yearning to be free of the very same things the left are trying to foist upon us all.................
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by mathman

Those huddled masses yearning to be free of the very same things the left are trying to foist upon us all.................

You summed it up.

DF
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Need to add...."This offer has expired".

I'll give the the "breathe free"
They pay for the rest.

That's from a poem called The New Colossus by Emma Lazarus. It was written in 1883. The huddled masses came to work hard and support themselves. I'm pretty sure they didn't get welfare or Medicare.
Originally Posted by Redneck
WOW... Well - ya can knock me over with a feather..... (Heavy sarcasm for the trolls..)

Hurry up, Prune, so Trump can replace with another conservative..

Not possible if Democrats get the Senate. That is the objective of the impeachment "trial". Piss off Republican donors in Senate races and allow Democrat take over. No more judges period.
© 24hourcampfire