Home
Posted By: shaman ATTEN: Cincinnati Campers - 01/28/20
Over drinks last night with a fellow Camper, I resurrected the idea of a Cincinnati gathering. I would like to float the following plan:

1) Get an idea of the number of folks that would be interested in meeting somewhere in the Greater Cincinnati Area for drinks and eats.

2) Establish a reasonable place for us to all meet

3) Set a date and time for a first meet-up. I'd like to get this going by mid-March.

The last time I tried this, the plan fell through just before step 3. My Mom went to the hospital and between that and the ensuing rehab, it was 90 days before I could get back to the project. As I remember last time I had narrowed the location down to the north side of town and started to come up with a list of possible venues.

My criteria for such a location would be good, cheap food, a full bar, and a quiet atmosphere. A separate meeting room would be a plus. It also shouldn't be too far off the beaten path. I think the last time we were looking in the Tri-County area, but that could change.

If this works, I would think we might be able to do it on a monthly or quarterly basis.

From those of you who wish to participate, I will need:

1) From what general part of the world are you coming?
2) What day works best for you? I think last time we'd settled on weekday evenings being the best.
Posted By: Gumbo Re: ATTEN: Cincinnati Campers - 01/28/20
I would coming from Peach Grove Oh. Any time works for me (retired) Gumbo
Posted By: shaman Re: ATTEN: Cincinnati Campers - 01/28/20
Originally Posted by Gumbo
I would coming from Peach Grove Oh. Any time works for me (retired) Gumbo

AH! Part of the Greater Barnsburg Metroplex!
I’m in! Coming from SW Butler County
BTT
I'll try and keep this on the front page for a while. My guess is there are a couple dozen of us out there.
BTT
BTT for the lunch crowd
I'm in. I think I could still buy a round if there'll just be four of us.

FC
Posted By: Valsdad Re: ATTEN: Cincinnati Campers - 01/28/20
Might want to be careful about posting an invite shaman,

you're awfully close to the ren and slummy show, those fellas might just take a trip to visit y'all under the guise of scouting out arrowhead fields or pawn shop shotgun finds.

Geno
BTT
For the dinner crowd
Interested. During the week, would be coming from CVG area. So, West side, easily accessible from I-74 / I-275 would be easiest for me. Prefer Monday, Tuesday, Thursday nights, if possible.
Shaman,

Cinci's only an hour and a half from my son's place in Fairland, Indiana. Maybe I can do a combo trip and meet up with you guys
Posted By: Toddly Re: ATTEN: Cincinnati Campers - 01/29/20
I’m there about once a week. Tomorrow I’ll be staying somewhere downtown. OTR is nice to walk around. Arnold’s has good meatballs.
Originally Posted by Toddly
I’m there about once a week. Tomorrow I’ll be staying somewhere downtown. OTR is nice to walk around. Arnold’s has good meatballs.
Grab a steak at Jeff Ruby’s...probably the most consistent in Cincy...
© 24hourcampfire