Home
I bet that many of y'all didn't even watch the Grammy Awards. And you probably haven't even heard of winner Billie Eilish.
Now is the chance to get with the scene, Daddy-O!

Here is Billie's Grammy winning song Bad Guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjC

Billie is so good, she has won the Grammy 5 years in a row. And just 18 years old. Good Lord what a talent!

If you move fast, you can buy her DVD over on Amazon.
I did watch a portion of the Grammy's … Billie's performance. I have heard her sing for over a year and am mystified by her style. She definitely deserved those awards.
It says; video unavailable.
I guess we will never know now....oh well.
You aren't missing anything
I know who she(that) is, heard the song a few times over the last year.

It’s annoying and stupid, but something won’t let me change the station. lol

I watched a YouTube recently of them showing how they made most their entire album. In a bedroom with a lap top.

It made her and her brother a pile of money; that’s all that matters. I’m sure they don’t give a damn if any Ernest Tubb fans are hating on it.
Originally Posted by poboy
I guess we will never know now....oh well.

Please try to persevere!
Haha... Here ya go yinz Geezers

For the record I've never heard of her or this song till just a minute ago and I certainly didn't watch the Grammy's.
Originally Posted by JTman
Haha... Here ya go yinz Geezers

Terrible. I mean really awful.
I made it to the 40 second mark. All I could handle.
Seen it about a dozen times over the years, which works out to maybe every five years since the 60's.

Not her, but someone just like her. Every generation of kids coming up has a "new, edgy, really avant garde" singer. The kids, having no history, flock to her as being totally unlike anything they've ever seen because she blows away the crappy, tired old singer the kids 5 years older then them listened to. She is "theirs".

Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Lady GaGa come to mind. That's not to say that some of them (not all but some) actually have some talent, and some have a lot of talent, while others just get noticed for being the latest outrageous, in your face symbol of youthful rebellion.

That's okay, let them have her and let them believe that no one else at any time in history has ever been as cool as she is and particularly as cool as they are for listening to her.
Haha... Here ya go yinz Geezer

Your right! I didn't watch the Grammys. I quit watching years ago when I realized that the award was to the most politically correct whatever, instead of talent.
[quote=slumlord]Haha... Here ya go yinz Geezer

I posted this a few weeks back. I’m cutting edge, got my finger on the pulse.

And then she wins a Grammy for it.

I should be a consultant.

laugh

She has dead eyes.
That doesn't even qualify as music. It's idiotic chanting on top of some basic, canned instrumentals.

This is music and musicians.

I should’ve really flashed a sarcasm font

Bristoe breaking out the banjos and mandolins. grin
Originally Posted by slumlord
I should’ve really flashed a sarcasm font

Bristoe breaking out the banjos and mandolins. grin

Guitarists are musicians too,....some more than others,....much more.

Wasn’t that good, not my kind of music! You can’t two step to that.
Love me a fast telecaster.

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Seen it about a dozen times over the years, which works out to maybe every five years since the 60's.

Not her, but someone just like her. Every generation of kids coming up has a "new, edgy, really avant garde" singer. The kids, having no history, flock to her as being totally unlike anything they've ever seen because she blows away the crappy, tired old singer the kids 5 years older then them listened to. She is "theirs".

Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Lady GaGa come to mind. That's not to say that some of them (not all but some) actually have some talent, and some have a lot of talent, while others just get noticed for being the latest outrageous, in your face symbol of youthful rebellion.

That's okay, let them have her and let them believe that no one else at any time in history has ever been as cool as she is and particularly as cool as they are for listening to her.

Jim, you have nailed it.
I don't dig blue hairs.
I miss PMJ's earlier singers - Morgan, Sarah Niemeyer, Ariana Savalas and such. Some of the new ones definitely have a ton of singing talent and they still produce some great variations but some of the sexually ambivalent male singers pretty much turn me off. But with a four year and growing repertoire you can still find some good stuff to listen to.

Speaking of, the OP's Billie Eilish's "Bad Guy" as a tango with Ariana Savalas.

I wrote the OP in sarcasm. I know that sarcasm does not transmit well on this forum. I apologize. I can't stand this "music."
Middle kid had Grammys on. i was an art/music major so am more knowledgeable than she.

The show sucked

Even w an open mind.

As soon as it was over ( she was super PO Lana del Rey didnt win ) I got my house back on an even keel by cranking up Mortiis and Rotting Christ.

Ran a few from each and then dropped down to mellow w Clan of Xymox and Theatre of Tragedy goth stuff
The Run DMC/ Aerosmith even sucked.
The whole damn show was ghetto crap w a dash of non ghetto crap

Makes Fishbone's " Reality of my surroundings " shine even brighter
TV just sucks
Originally Posted by hookeye
Middle kid had Grammys on. i was an art/music major so am more knowledgeable than she.

The show sucked

Even w an open mind.

As soon as it was over ( she was super PO Lana del Rey didnt win ) I got my house back on an even keel by cranking up Mortiis and Rotting Christ.

Ran a few from each and then dropped down to mellow w Clan of Xymox and Theatre of Tragedy goth stuff

No offense, but I am really glad I have no clue who any of those people are that you just mentioned.

Clyde
Eh, I play a lot of Type O Negative and Iron Maiden at my house.

BTW the Maiden " legacy of the beast " tour was friggin excellent ( Indy show ).

Listen to The Birthday Massacre, Mortiis and Theatre of Tragedy a fair bit too.

Hell there could be Avett Brothers playing now and then.
Or electonica.

I dig through a ton of crap on YT and check the music mags. Plus have art/ musician friends.

Alas, not much new I like.

I like the whole album Aegis.

Helps me sleep
From one of my all time favorite albums Type O Negative's " October Rust ".

Funny, my kids didnt like The Cure or Depeche Mode when they were little. Now of course theyre cool.
She's strung out on meth or some shyt. "so good" doesn't have much to do with it. Maybe it says something who she was up against in each award category. It's all biased anyhow, just a matter of who was favored for whatever reason. Has zero to do with the talent level of all nominations.
Weird could also include talent, but weird alone doesnt mean talent.

Some gal at work was going on about a Night Ranger, Sammy Hagar, Whitesnake concert.

Has beens.

Didnt like em when popular LOL.

But the old hags and phaggs in the burg still think that stuff is the chit. Proly waiting on the lottery so they can restore their 84 camaro w v6
Need more Annie Lennox types.
That gal can sing
Well....that sucked. I had to watch this to get the taste out of my mouth.....
Youngest daughter tells me last week dad I'm going to NYC Madison square garden ...hmm maybe Billy Joel maybe a rangers game ...she tells me Billy Eyelash least that what I heard,then she was dumbfounded that I had no idea who "it" was
The youth of America is screwed up but maybe my parents thought the same when I went to see Judas Priest or Scorpions?
Scorpions " Loverdrive " album I think their best.
After Animal Magnetism I gave up on em.
Yup, no Metallica after the Black album either.

But I was an Iron Maiden fan from the start, so kinda not into the radio type of tunes.

Never was about the party or chasing p* ssy. Not stuck on HS either. Just like some stuff and make no apology for it.

Is funny though, how those that are stuck in HS like certain bands. Even 40 yrs after.

I have a no rap, no country and no Aerosmith rule in my vehicle.

If anybody blasts that crap at my house I full throttle Machine Heads "Imperium".
Which band does this song remind you of?

Opening bars are a straight up ripoff of Rock n Roll Aint Noise Pollution.

If you're gonna rip off somebody, AC/DC is a pretty good place to start.

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

^^^^^^^^
This.....
Joan Jett is heavily sampled in this new Green Day song.

This is what this old geezer listens to.

If I want to watch a weirdo making music I'll watch this:

Billie Trashlish......
Billie Trashlish......
© 24hourcampfire