Home
Posted By: Tarquin The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
The man stands for nothing...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...-an-investigation/ar-BBZIyAX?ocid=msn360
He uses his faith as camouflage.

He's just another hustler.
No. He doesn't use his faith as camouflage. Stop making it about Mormonism. Romney simply has no core principles. That is the heart of the problem. He is a fraud because he is not conservative, though he claims he is. Read the article!!
They don't have to have anything on Mittens. He'll sell out for free. He is completely opportunistic. He waffles on literally everything because he has no core commitments to anything. Read the article!
Romney got choked up yesterday because his handlers had placed him in an impossible situation that he knew he was never going to recover from.

Utah is going to have some hard times until they rid themselves of Romney. Job #1 for Congressmen is to bring home the bacon.

No bacon for Utah until Romney finds another job.
Senators serve 6 year terms? Mittens just finished year one. Utah has that bastard for 5 more years unless he dies or they pass legislation to recall him.
Posted By: hanco Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
He will be there as long as he wants!
Elections have consequences.

If you a man invests more thought about the next fill mixture of his hummingbird feeders instead of his senate choice, it’s on him.
Posted By: Etoh Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Romney got choked up yesterday because his handlers had placed him in an impossible situation that he knew he was never going to recover from.

Utah is going to have some hard times until they rid themselves of Romney. Job #1 for Congressmen is to bring home the bacon.

No bacon for Utah until Romney finds another job.

Not sure what you mean by hard times.. Certainly not economic hard times. there are 5 jobs for every 3 workers, perhaps hard times for so many moving in. most are hard workers coming in from central plain states, plumbers, electricians, and are republican or at least very conservative. While the richer ones pick the Heber valley and Park city, St. George areas.

Not a mormon here but have lived/worked in the three adjoining states with large population of Mormons. Converts are a lot different than pioneer stock (converts are more radicalized).

If you live in the SLC, Rose Park area you would be concerned with whats going on with the Polynesian mafia than what the fucht Romenys up to
You know what the super bowl and the republican senate have in common, no patriots. Except now that is not true because of Romney.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
No. He doesn't use his faith as camouflage. Stop making it about Mormonism. Romney simply has no core principles. That is the heart of the problem. He is a fraud because he is not conservative, though he claims he is. Read the article!!

I'm using faith in the generic sense. In the same way Omar uses it.

I don't have anything against Mormons. Most of my siblings, bio father, are Mormon. Most are decent people. One is tricky, but I don't attribute that to his faith.
Wanna know which way that P.O.S. RINO leans ? It just depends on which way the wind is blowing, AKA "what's in it for Mitt?"
Posted By: MM879 Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
Political Prostitute and he will be treated like one. The time will come when the party needs something done. Mit will be tasked to do the job. When the job is finished the view of it will change. Sort of like Uncle Joe doing the work of the Nation in the Ukraine matter. Seniority = 0 any time the leadership chooses.
Romney has committed political suicide. He will be a GOP pariah. He can't switch parties, the Dems don't want him on their team UNLESS the Senate ends up 50/50 and Romney switching gives the Dems power, and that is all very unlikely.

Romney just alienated the GOP/Trump base irreparably. Any dreams he had of running again for President in 2024 are doomed. He can't run as a Dem, they don't want him. Independent runs are a dead end. What is his future?

CNN and MSNBC etc. Maybe Rachel Madcow's replacement. There is no other place I can see he can land after he finishes out his term.
Posted By: WTF Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
He's nothing more than a carpetbagger. He saw the empty seat was coming and took up official residence in Utah.
I know a few Mormons and don't see them as being any different from other mainstream religions, and not as scary as some of the stranger ones.
One glaring exception is their kids, as a group Mormon kids are the most polite and well behaved you will find anywhere.

My problem with Mitt is he wears his religion like a badge, as if that's proof of Character, and it's not.
I think his prayer gives him a way to do exactly what he wants to, but lets him feel as if he's got the approval of a higher power
Posted By: Steve Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
Here's What Ben Domenech (the publisher of the Federalist) wrote this morning in his newsletter.

AS IMPEACHMENT FAILS, ROMNEY STANDS ALONE:

To the extent that Mitt Romney, handsome billionaire, is a sympathetic figure, it is because his attempts to prostrate himself before the left fail so consistently. The “binders full of women” comment, perverted as it was by the media, was also a total capitulation to the idea that there ought to be more quotas and affirmative action in hiring. But even then - even then! - they still painted him and Paul Ryan as racists who wanted to kill grandma and crawl through your window at night to steal your birth control. The lesson Republican voters took away was: what’s the point in nominating some nice guy? So they stopped.

I will brook no argument that anyone has a stronger negative opinion about Mitt Romney than me. It is no secret. From the moment Romney told me in the only interview we’ve ever done, in 2006, that he never considered himself pro-choice - despite also being the same man who ran to Ted Kennedy’s left on the issue - I’ve thought of him as the definition of the chameleon-like politician who aspires to patrician statesmanship. His technocratic approach to politics rankles, his hubris is without charm, and his outward niceties do nothing to disguise his clumsily savage approach to politics. He lost in 2008 when every other candidate hated him, and won in 2012 by nuking anyone more likable than him from orbit with a metric ton of cash. Hugh Hewitt wrote an entire chunk in his book, “A Mormon in the White House”, just dedicated to rebutting me.

That he would run for Senate struck me as a way to salvage his political career after a loss, but also to potentially chart a path back to leadership. Maybe not the White House, but if Romney could remake himself - as so many American politicians have - into a leader within the body, who’s to say he couldn’t have a fourth act? The unsubtle secondary reason, of course, is in case of disaster, break glass - where a Mueller Report that eradicates the Trump presidency provides Romney that long dreamed of opportunity to save Republican hopes. Arise! Your man on a horse is here.

Alas! His hopes dashed, Romney is now relegated to a body he clearly finds frustrating. Yesterday John Cornyn was asked about Romney’s decision to vote to convict on the first article - he split his vote, he is Mitt Romney after all - and he responded that Romney “keeps his own counsel” as a Senator. But that’s because he doesn’t really want to be a Senator. A Senator who wanted to lead and believed deeply that Trump deserved conviction would have worked tirelessly to convince his fellow Republican Senators to join him in this vote. Instead, Romney waited until after the decisions made by all his fellow Republicans were announced to take his stand - ineffective as the protesters outside. http://vlt.tc/3vjm Except to the extent it is helpful to the campaigns of Democratic candidates running against Cory Gardner and Susan Collins.

(Perhaps my favorite plot point of the whole thing was Romney’s decision to give not one, but three “exclusive” branded interviews - to The Atlantic, Deseret News, and Chris Wallace at Fox. Oh, Mitt.)

As for Trump, the past month must seem like a glee-filled dream. He has soundly defeated his political adversaries in their attempt to remove him from office. He has killed terrorists at will and not gotten sucked into another war. He closed trade deals, crushed a State of the Union, and watched his strongest potential general election opponent crumble. He enjoys the economic winds at his back, a Republican Party at their highest popularity in 15 years, and his highest personal rating since he was inaugurated. And at the end of the day, the one Republican out of the 250 in Congress who broke with him is the one he most enjoys having as a political foil.

What did the man do to get so lucky?
Originally Posted by WTF
He's nothing more than a carpetbagger. He saw the empty seat was coming and took up official residence in Utah.

Yep, no different than HRC. Mitt was raised in Michigan, was governor of Mass, and ran the Salt Lake City Olympics. No ties to anywhere.
Posted By: Steve Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
And Babylon Bee was brutal.

Follower Of Joseph Smith Urges Nation To Reject Morally Flawed Leaders

You have to make part of it, at least, about Mormonism...............because that is who elected Romney, that is what he believes in, and that is who controls the politics in the state of Utah.

Now, you'll probably start throwing out the bigot word again.............and take note that you did not respond to slumlords post yesterday about what you said about Butt gigger............so, go ahead and feel free if it's what makes you feel all fuzzy all over. But, you cannot separate Romney and the Mormons. It is what makes him what he is.
The sad thing is we all knew this about him when he first announced he was running for President. But the alternative was another term for the Halfrican who was eviscerating the Constitution and the American way of life. Mittens' rise to power all falls on the Republican Party leadership. I guess one could say the Republican Party, in 2012, was run by the Bush family. But McConnel decides which Republican Senate candidates receive party funding. The Turtle, who received great praise by President Trump at his noon speech, is a member of the Swamp, and will shift back and forth to maintain his own power and position, as need be.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The sad thing is we all knew this about him when he first announced he was running for President. But the alternative was another term for the Halfrican who was eviscerating the Constitution and the American way of life. Mittens' rise to power all falls on the Republican Party leadership. I guess one could say the Republican Party, in 2012, was run by the Bush family. But McConnel decides which Republican Senate candidates receive party funding. The Turtle, who received great praise by President Trump at his noon speech, is a member of the Swamp, and will shift back and forth to maintain his own power and position, as need be.

I’ve got no problem with McConnell in his present role nor of how he’s handled his job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as long as Trump is riding herd.

Would be different if,say, a Kasich type were pres right now.
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
You know what the super bowl and the republican senate have in common, no patriots. Except now that is not true because of Romney.

Got your ass kicked again and now your pussy hurts.......... ..better go find a stack of paper to rip up
Posted By: sse Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
well at least he didn't say he was praying for trump
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

^^^^^^^This for certain!
Posted By: 700LH Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
Utah was where he ran and won, stop the bullchit

Making my State look bad dude. You from Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga or Knoxville?
Posted By: efw Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by Steve

Babylon Bee nails it every time.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

You have to make part of it, at least, about Mormonism...............because that is who elected Romney, that is what he believes in, and that is who controls the politics in the state of Utah.

Now, you'll probably start throwing out the bigot word again.............and take note that you did not respond to slumlords post yesterday about what you said about Butt gigger............so, go ahead and feel free if it's what makes you feel all fuzzy all over. But, you cannot separate Romney and the Mormons. It is what makes him what he is.

Mormons do not "control" the politics in the state of Utah, though they certainly influence it. But so what, are you saying if you're a Mormon you shouldn't be able to vote? Is that what you're saying? It is classic leftist "group think" to try to define a person by his "group identity" and not by who he is. As far as my comment on ButtPirate, I did not see or read slumlord's comment. However, not all discrimination is bigotry. Homosexuality is against the law of nature and would be objectively wrong even if every religion (and person) in the world said otherwise. There is no rational parallel between anti-religious bigotry and being anti-homosexual.

Retard.
Romney was elected to fill a gap created by Hatchs leaving nothing more nothing less. The situation was no different than Hillary/Trump situation. HIs "left wing" qualities were enough to flip the left in Salt Lake city who saw him as a more workable solution. Politics is not supposed to be a popularity/congeniality contest. But the "best" people never run for office. (what ever that is.)

Mormons do what every group does, they "keep the money in between themselves" so do Jews, Blacks, cartels,Democrats. etc.
Originally Posted by Etoh
Mormons do what every group does, they "keep the money in between themselves" so do Jews, Blacks, cartels,Democrats. etc.

You left out white good ole boys too. Inadvertent, I am sure. wink
Originally Posted by efw

Retard.

Name calling is nothing more than a concession.
Are we gonna need boots?
Originally Posted by efw

Retard.

Pot meet kettle
Posted By: 79S Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20

anyone who knows anything about Utah knows Salt Lake county is not ran by Mormons it’s one of the most liberal counties in the country. Utah as a whole is a very conservative state, did being a Mormon help Romney yes to a certain extent but running as a “conservative” is what got him elected. Utah of the 70’s and 80’s being ran by the church are long gone.
Originally Posted by 79S

anyone who knows anything about Utah knows Salt Lake county is not ran by Mormons it’s one of the most liberal counties in the country. Utah as a whole is a very conservative state, did being a Mormon help Romney yes to a certain extent but running as a “conservative” is what got him elected. Utah of the 70’s and 80’s being ran by the church are long gone.

Yup.
Originally Posted by Etoh

You left out white good ole boys too. Inadvertent, I am sure. wink

yes list is to long and not worth the effort, should be obvious, ( Republicans, white boys, cosmetic manufacturers. )

I don't have a problem with that, --- one knows where there coming from.

special interest groups forms the backbone of a capitalistic economy
Originally Posted by 79S

yes and add to this, if you look at the nature of the programs Utah has, public service, licensing etc, it is one of the most socialistic in the country.
Originally Posted by efw

Retard.

Says the retard.........
Originally Posted by efw

Retard.

Yep I concede he is a retard.

Are you Mormon?
Romney is a douche. Most LDS and Utahns now recognize this. However, I've been a bit sickened by Facebook today seeing some people praise him and saying he did the tough thing and that he has character. Just because he did a hard thing turning against his own party doesn't mean it was the right thing.

I like this Federalist article because it points out how Romney has never been a man of character. He's always a politician changing according to the latest poll. He might as well just admit he's a dem and join them. They need another candidate to run against Trump.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Romney is a douche. Most LDS and Utahns now recognize this. However, I've been a bit sickened by Facebook today seeing some people praise him and saying he did the tough thing and that he has character. Just because he did a hard thing turning against his own party doesn't mean it was the right thing.

I like this Federalist article because it points out how Romney has never been a man of character. He's always a politician changing according to the latest poll. He might as well just admit he's a dem and join them. They need another candidate to run against Trump.

Bb

He’s more useful to them where he is, I’m thinking.

I’m interested to see if an investigation into the Biden/Ukraine thing will lead to his family connections.
Mittens is a vagina.....

Take care, Willie
Mitt just plain fell off the fence! He's been waffling for years, a lost sole ( shoe leather) in the swamp! Hangs with both sides, never committing to anything! Maybe gaters on both sides will eat him!
Is there a place in Utah called Deceived?
If not there should be mostly between Nevada and Colorado
Tarquin: Interesting read - full of reminders on mittens "the back stabber" romney!
Thanks for the link.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Romney didn't "deceive" the voters in Utah.............they knew exactly who and what he was. He has a track record that says RINO all the day long.
Romney didn't "deceive" the voters in Utah.............they knew exactly who and what he was. He has a track record that says RINO all the day long.

Consider their alternative at the time.

Consider our alternative when he ran against obama.
Romney greatest concern currently doesn't have anything to do with his future running for office, or how the Federalist thinks of him.

Currently the newly elected mayor of SLC, Mendenhall( socialist) has filed suit against the Inland Port Authority project Romney has a vested interest in (hundreds of millions). They are trying to block the development of it under the cover of envorirnmental impact, when in reality the real reason is enormous tax lost revenue to SLC proper.

If a group of "special interest" can help him Dems or otherwise, he will take it. Not good, bad, or ugly its the way it is. Name a politician that would do otherwise.

The basic question of whether Romney gives politicians a bad name is ---- ironic?
Originally Posted by 700LH
Is there a place in Utah called Deceived?
If not there should be mostly between Nevada and Colorado

Hmmm I thing you talking about East Carbon
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'll agree with the comparison with Obama, as it was either he or Obama. But, in Utah, they did not have to elect him. They did so because he was a Mormon in good standing.

Yes, but there sure want to pretend they were.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'll agree with the comparison with Obama, as it was either he or Obama. But, in Utah, they did not have to elect him. They did so because he was a Mormon in good standing.

Not really, that was Utah politics of the 80s and 90s as stated before, the Demos (in Utah) found it easier to work with him than break somebody in. How do you know he was in good standing? Were you his Bishop?

As conservative as Utah seems a lot of state and particularly SLC is very socialistic. This stems from the basic "humanity" package sold by the Mormon church,,, called Welfare State, if you doubt it look into their Deseret Industries side. Or how much of their tithing funds are used to support members who are in various "situations"

Hey Jim I was thinking of voting for Trump in the next election.

Being a Democrat, whats the best way to do that more than once?

Thank you. That has been my whole point all along...........the voters that elected him.....Mormon and other......knew exactly who they were voting for.
It wouldn't surprise me if Mittens found a way to leave the Senate, now that he's killed his chances for acquiring any real power there. If he switches parties, the Dems will take him of course, but he'll never amount to anything with them either, as they hate his guts too in reality.

He's everything we all despise about politicians all rolled into a shiny suit and topped with nice hair. Bitter, jealous, and vindictive to boot. Quite a package.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: The Federalist on Romney.... - 02/06/20
He is completely opportunistic.

To be successful as a corporate raider one has to be opportunistic.

Thank you. That has been my whole point all along...........the voters that elected him.....Mormon and other......knew exactly who they were voting for.

Hmm a bunch of special interest groups getting together and deciding on something, while some on the far opposite ends protest..... Does sound suspicious doesn't it.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
It wouldn't surprise me if Mittens found a way to leave the Senate, now that he's killed his chances for acquiring any real power there. If he switches parties, the Dems will take him of course, but he'll never amount to anything with them either, as they hate his guts too in reality.

He's everything we all despise about politicians all rolled into a shiny suit and topped with nice hair. Bitter, jealous, and vindictive to boot. Quite a package.

That’s quite a resume’ indeed. Well put.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

He doesn't have to leave the Senate, all he has to do is ---- wait for it------ nothing (sound like McCain?). He already has real power. If anything he will go on the Board of Directors for the Inland Port Authority, or a Board of Directors for Amazon.

Wont disagree with the other part.
He's just another spinless wonder in a suit.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
He uses his faith as camouflage.

He's just another hustler.

Indeed. If he wants to invoke his religious beliefs into it as an excuse, I sure wouldn't want to be him standing before God trying to explain why I voted to falsely convict a just man knowing that all the evidence presented against him was a democrap fraud.

It is about Mormonism. He wouldn't have gotten elected, otherwise. The article doesn't address that. Maybe you should do a little reading.
© 24hourcampfire