Home
Posted By: okie Jesus Saves - 02/06/20

I'll just drop this off right here. Free for the taking....
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Me too- - - - -That definitely helps in case of a power failure- - - - - -losing a whole spreadsheet sucks!
Jerry
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Doesn't He realize that His money can't keep up with inflation and that He is better off squandering it all as soon as He gets it?
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
[Linked Image from agnostic.com]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
but Moses...INVESTS... Shalom
Posted By: okie Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by jorgeI
but Moses...INVESTS... Shalom

That's Old Testament stuff.... grin
Posted By: okie Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
They asked for a religious thread. About as simple as it gets....straight to the point
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Raised in a Christian home, graduated from a Christian school........never been saved til’ last March. Eighteen and wilder than a hank burning the candle at both ends. “In spite of all my Sunday learning, toward the bad I kept a turnin” as Merle said. An action packed stint in the Army and 24 years as a professional firefighter has made for an interesting ride. Seen more than I should’ve and not as much as I could’ve.
I guess in honor of my parents or for some other reason God spared me for all those years and kept me from making worse choices than I did.
But..... I went to church with my wife and I decided to give God a chance after all the chances he gave me. He saved me and for the past year I have an inner peace that’s hard to explain.
The Bible says to raise a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it right I guess.
I am not ashamed nor do I care what others say. It works for me, and yes, Jesus Saves. I’m proof of that.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

Gretzky got the rebound and SCORED!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Jesus Saves - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Raised in a Christian home, graduated from a Christian school........never been saved til’ last March. Eighteen and wilder than a hank burning the candle at both ends. “In spite of all my Sunday learning, toward the bad I kept a turnin” as Merle said. An action packed stint in the Army and 24 years as a professional firefighter has made for an interesting ride. Seen more than I should’ve and not as much as I could’ve.
I guess in honor of my parents or for some other reason God spared me for all those years and kept me from making worse choices than I did.
But..... I went to church with my wife and I decided to give God a chance after all the chances he gave me. He saved me and for the past year I have an inner peace that’s hard to explain.
The Bible says to raise a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it right I guess.
I am not ashamed nor do I care what others say. It works for me, and yes, Jesus Saves. I’m proof of that.

Good post.......thanks.
Posted By: okie Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20

There you have it ….my story is not much different from yours. Once again Jesus Saves.
Posted By: hanco Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
I pray Jesus saves us from the commie Dumbocrats
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20

PTL.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
JTrapper73,

Welcome to the family, Blood brother. I experience that peace when I quit trying to "line up" with God. His forgiveness it incomprehensible.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Glad to see this turned from a sacrilegious tone to a meaningful thread.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Thanks to all for the kind comments and God bless!
Posted By: nugget Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Thanks to all for the kind comments and God bless!

May God bless you and thanks for the post
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

Gretzky got the rebound and SCORED!

Not even Gretzky can score on Jesus!!!!!!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Nice to meet good friends that love God back.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20

Nothing can turn around a person’s life like God can. Aren’t we grateful for stories like this!
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
AMEN!

Read John 3:16 and the Roman road....
Posted By: javman Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20

Ditto on this! There were many a time in my younger years and wondered how in the world did I survive that! Guess the good Lord has kept a vigil watch over me many a time and I prey and thank him every waking day I see.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Doesn't He realize that His money can't keep up with inflation and that He is better off squandering it all as soon as He gets it?

Matthew:
6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Jesus Saves - 02/07/20
Originally Posted by okie

There you have it ….my story is not much different from yours. Once again Jesus Saves.

It's a pretty common story, at least to those raised in church I think. I know quite a few guys I grew up with in church who had little use for it then, not necessarily bad kids but a little wild maybe. I can't say for sure what percentage it would be, but it seems like most of them, after getting a little older,maybe having a kid or two, are embracing the religion they ignored in their youth.

It seems to me those who come to it later, like these people I mentioned, are more enthusiastic or vocal about their beliefs, while those who have been believers and church goers all their lives tend to be a little more muted about it. Also, I've seen quite a few instances now where those kids who were super serious about religion seemed to eventually fade out of it, and not return. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that those who are raised in/around religion are more apt to embrace it and be believers later in life than those who embrace it early on. Maybe its just my personal experiences, but I found it pretty interesting.
© 24hourcampfire