Home
I’m working tomorrow, taking Wifey out Saturday night, church on Sunday, sit on ass Sunday afternoon.
Quail and coyotes.
Taking my wife to 5D steakhouse in Yorktown for a birthday dinner!

Gonna try their porterhouse on for size... smile
Going to visit with some friends in High Rolls,NM tomorrow,after that as little as possible.
Cut firewood
Unload/stack a load of hay for the horses. Go get a new dishwasher and install it. Finish up the trailer wiring on the daughter's truck if the parts come in. I'd like to go shooting on Sunday if everything works out.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Cut firewood

Me too, phones ringing off the hook here, can't keep up with the orders. grin
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Go get a new dishwasher and install it.

You gettin married?
Dad's 89th birthday today, making taco dinner for about 20 folks.

Tomorrow, working on my dad's roof, then taking grandson to mini horsehand horsemanship program at the Phx zoo, 4 saturdays started last week, it was my christmas present to him, granddaughter wants to stay the night.

Sunday replacing a front hub on my duramax then laying about for the rest of the day.

Kent
Hopefully loading and shooting
Hopefully buying another piece of land, load development and zeroing new scope on the K-31, try to squeeze in some fishing.
Saturday is #1 grandchild's 8th birthday party. Among other things, I bought her the materials for a couple of turkey pot calls and 3 strikers. She and grandpa are getting down to it.

I've got the press all set up to load 9mm. I've got 500 Berry plated hollow points. I'll be sure to save a few so that the Mooselette can "pull Grandpa's handle" a bit before we go back upstairs

My AT-One stock arrived from Boyd's-- new livery for my RAR predator.

I have an Aimpoint sight to mount on my AR15 when that's done.

When I get tired of 9mm, I'm going to strip the press down and set it up for 223 REM.
Could probably talk one of my old school buds to running down to Natchez Trace pky and rollin coal on some 10speed troubadours. 😃😂
MIL just turned 80-something, so we're headed over to have a family get together. Gonna eat a lot, probably shoot a gun or two, tell stories (some may even have a thread of truth to them), and eat cake.
Since I'm living the life of the seven-day weekend, and it's the middle of Finklemary, not a damn thing. Will watch fishing shows and golf on TV, just to remind myself what they are. Do my daily mile on the dreadmill. Spend the rest of the day on the innanet - again.
Going to a regional FedEx facility today to ship a rifle stock to Texas. Then I can shovel the driveway because it's snowing heavily. What a way to start the weekend. Probably have dinner Saturday at a local, small, family run diner like we usually do every week. Quiet weekend.
Wanted to go coyote hunting, but may go get some hay that we bought last year, that they guy was supposed to deliver. I'm smelling a big azz rat about it too.
Off work today. Working 4 -10s.

Freezing rain here today and tomorrow so staying in.

HNIC (Hockey Night in Canada) on Sat night. Leafs vs the Habs.

Congregational worship & bible study Sunday morning. Sunday family meal then afternoon nap. Sunday evening bible study.
Hope to get some boom boom this weekend too.

-Quail hunting, working dogs, same as last week. Rio7

You gettin married?

Ha, knew that would be coming. Need to replace the POS GE unit I put in a couple of years ago. If anyone can recommend a brand that is worth a chit I'd appreciate it.
Supposed to be the first relatively dry weekend in a month or so.

Firewood splitting
Smoking bacon
Sportsman show
Mowing brush
Checking on bees
Originally Posted by hanco
Hope to get some boom boom this weekend too.

You going to that Korean massage parlor again?
Just work on the tractor this weekend.
Was going to attend some fire training, but it was canceled.

Might get to run a combine this weekend.
This weekend is the 1827 Militia Muster at San Felipe State Historic Site just outside Sealy Tx. Event centers around the muster of local militia (in accordance with the constitution of Mexico and obligations in the land grant agreement) to assist federal troops when necessary. This weekend will center around the militia preparing to assist troops with quelling the Fredonian rebellion at Nacogdoches.

I am to give a short talk on hunting that went on in the colony and the typical firearms that might have been used by the colonist. Nothing academic or fancy.
Painting the upstairs hallway.
Working an event tonight called "Night to Shine". It's sponsored by the Tim Tebow foundation and is for kids with special needs.

RO'ing and shooting in USPSA match tomorrow, then leaving Sunday to drive my youngest son to do his MEPS for the Coast Guard on Monday morning.

Busy weekend.

screw that cutting firewood........this NG stove runs for $2 a day in the dead of winter

Had a buddy last fall have a tree fall on him....while cutting on US Forest...long story short....

expensive helicopter ride to Provo Utah...lucky to be alive......slow recovery still

Be careful out there with them there chainsaws....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
This weekend is the 1827 Militia Muster at San Felipe State Historic Site just outside Sealy Tx. Event centers around the muster of local militia (in accordance with the constitution of Mexico and obligations in the land grant agreement) to assist federal troops when necessary. This weekend will center around the militia preparing to assist troops with quelling the Fredonian rebellion at Nacogdoches.

I am to give a short talk on hunting that went on in the colony and the typical firearms that might have been used by the colonist. Nothing academic or fancy.

That sounds really cool Kaywoodie. Do y'all re-enact different events through the year or just this one?
Originally Posted by tikkanut

screw that cutting firewood........this NG stove runs for $2 a day in the dead of winter

Had a buddy last fall have a tree fall on him....while cutting on US Forest...long story short....

expensive helicopter ride to Provo Utah...lucky to be alive......slow recovery still

T-111, cultured stone, plastic plants covered in plastic snow, a propane wood stove and a basket of presumably real firewood. Is that a return vent in the ceiling?
Sockpuppet,
We have had a Bosch for a few years.
Like it, quiet, real quiet, does a good job.
If the weather holds, I'll be guiding trail rides in between feeding and ranch chores.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What do you combine in the winter there? Ice sickles?
Originally Posted by RyanTX

That sounds really cool Kaywoodie. Do y'all re-enact different events through the year or just this one?

Yes. We have different events throughout the year. Texas Historical Commission is dropping a big hunk of change on reconstructing a period correct (and ADA compliant 😁) city block of San Felipe to be ready by Stephen Austin’s birthday weekend Nov. 2021. San Felipe was never really rebuilt after it was entirely burned to the ground during the runaway scrape in ‘36. Last November they started on the pit saw which is going to be real cool. Using local post oak timbers for it’s construction.

You can follow the progress on the historic sites public facebook page. Don’t gotta be on facebook to see it. I generally divide my time between San Felipe and Presidio La Bahia (Goliad) when I can. Nice stone presidio to stay in at La Bahia! 😉 Neither are that far for me to drive.
Gunna try coyote hunting for the first time
Headed to the beach this afternoon to dig some clams. Will be there through Sunday.
Originally Posted by kingston

T-111, cultured stone, plastic plants covered in plastic snow, a propane wood stove and a basket of presumably real firewood. Is that a return vent in the ceiling?

totally enclosed glass/locked face

NG not LP which costs a fraction of LP......

Ceiling vents allow heat to flow upstairs to next level
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Headed to the beach this afternoon to dig some clams. Will be there through Sunday.

Razors? Where abouts?
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Yes. We have different events throughout the year. Texas Historical Commission is dropping a big hunk of change on reconstructing a period correct (and ADA compliant 😁) city block of San Felipe to be ready by Stephen Austin’s birthday weekend Nov. 2021. San Felipe was never really rebuilt after it was entirely burned to the ground during the runaway scrape in ‘36. Last November they started on the pit saw which is going to be real cool. Using local post oak timbers for it’s construction.

You can follow the progress on the historic sites public facebook page. Don’t gotta be on facebook to see it. I generally divide my time between San Felipe and Presidio La Bahia (Goliad) when I can. Nice stone presidio to stay in at La Bahia! 😉 Neither are that far for me to drive.

Very cool, thank you for the info and have fun!
Day 8 of the flu, gotta rest for next week. This was a bad one.
Originally Posted by Steve

Razors? Where abouts?

Grayland area. Negative evening tides next few nights.
Walking the greens in Pebble Beach, sipping Old Fashioned’s and eating well. Today we are heading down to our alma mater San Luis Obispo. Good friends we met in college arrive tomorrow. Absolutely perfect weather.
Storm moved in and to this point, 31 inches of white stuff, and it is here till tomorrow night, joy frown

So, shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling, and more shoveling.

Lynn

Razors? Where abouts?

Haven't dug clams since I was a teenager. Wet but fun!

Good luck!
I can honestly say I have never shoveled one shovel of snow! Dug a lot of dirt being a damn plumber.
Gun show Saturday. Church Sunday morning and then pick up my new (to me) 43x in the afternoon. Supposed to be a cold weekend.
I can honestly say I have never shoveled one shovel of snow! Dug a lot of dirt being a damn plumber.

Hanco, consider it a bonus, it would only take away from your boom boom time.

Lynn
Going to a game supper at our camp Saturday and I think I will drive to Harrisburg Sunday and catch the last day of the Eastern Outdoor show.
The wife is going to be out of town, so I get to help a friend rebuild his mini lathe spindle.
We are using sealed bearings, but he still wants me to mill an observation hole in the headstock.

90 minute video on rebuilding a mill spindle

When I was 14 years old in 1965 we 14 year olds put jack shafts in mini bikes. Life was simpler then. I remember reading the roller chain catalog. I don't remember ever reading the Timken bearing catalog engineering section.
Leaving at 730 saturday morning to go to a gunshow in Paducah starting at 900
See some different selection outside of the same sellers in the north central Tn circuit I been hitting lately.
Hopefully.....
Work.

Originally Posted by kingston

Aside from your normal and perfected attention to the smallest of details... I was only going to suggest that Tik takes tree danger seriously, only allowing plastic trees inside his house for personal safety...😬😎
Hanco: Chasin guns locally today (Friday) then ice fishing tomorrow and then doing a "Birthday dinner" for my main Elk Hunting partner, then Sunday I am travelling to a gunshow.
Since I retired (23 years ago!) there is just NEVER enough time to get all my recreation and personal pleasure hobbies done!
Everyone, enjoy your weekend and get retired ASAP.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Emmaus working group on Saturday til about 1400. Probably work around the yard and house the rest of the afternoon. Probably have a few dranky dranks Saturday night and chase momma around the house. I just hope I can catch her! Church on Sunday and a long afternoon nap after lunch I'm sure.

Razors? Where abouts?

Good luck!

Thanks man!

If you get a wild hair, come on up!
Shoveling snow.
Going to a team state wide tournament. Shooting pool for 2 days. A little whiskey may be involved. Ed k
Going to look at a cabin that is for sale at a local lake. Well, they call it a cabin, it's really a trailer.

G23
Daughter has a hockey game in Kalamazoo on sat and hopefully not doing much after that.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Something about running a combine in February doesn't sound right laugh

If my radiator shows up (first replacement was a leaker frown ), I hope to fire up the 77 vette and break in the cam, bleed the brakes, and get ready to tear the rear apart and rebuild it. Hopefully I'll have it all done like new for spring. First winter in a long time I'm not working on a house other than my own (which I've put off long enough ).
Watching it snow (pretty!) and caulking the camper until it stops, or not. Then I'll be blowing snow for a day.

You gettin married?

Ha, knew that would be coming. Need to replace the POS GE unit I put in a couple of years ago. If anyone can recommend a brand that is worth a chit I'd appreciate it.

Bosch.
Been painting in the house for a week, fed up with it! UBR match tomorrow! Got a couple cypress trees to take down Sunday.
Working on cars tomorrow morning then heading to the range. Once I'm done with that going to take the family to the children's museum. Sunday we'll probably all head north to visit the inlaws.
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Storm moved in and to this point, 31 inches of white stuff, and it is here till tomorrow night, joy frown

So, shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling, and more shoveling.

Lynn

Correction, I have just been told by family members that I am to go nowhere near the snow, as the more I do things like that, the more I aggravate my illness and leave them here alone way too soon, so I am relegated to "watching snow removal" from the window, and giving orders. I kinda think I am going to like at least this part of being ill.

Lynn
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You gettin married?

Bosch.

Agreed. We like ours, installed years ago.
Continuing testing factory "Premium" hunting ammo in a factory "lightweight" hunting rifle that has a sub-moa "promise"...

Razors? Where abouts?

Good luck!

Thanks man!

If you get a wild hair, come on up!

I might take you up on that some time!
I have been enjoying the heck out of getting to a Hill Country Park about an hour before sunrise with the dog and then hiking rough trails for maybe two hours, saving the steepest parts for when I can see in case of mt lions (heard two so far over the decades).

Saturday: Dawn hike, Alamo reenacting, laundromat, school after dark to help a kid with a laser project in the hallway.

Sunday: Dawn hike, into school for some hours grading/preparing, most likely pick up the grandchild in the afternoon, playgrounds, visit elderly Ex-MiLaw, drop her off at her daddy’s, shop for groceries.

Living la vida local fer sure.
We are painting the inside of our house, getting it ready to sell. Getting the hell out of Boise...
I have to work. Actually feels good to be back as I have been off for three months recovering from shoulder surgery. Its funny how much I missed it.
Going to a vintage snowmobile run tomorrow, and looking for an old sled. Early 70's vintage or older. Gotta love that tired iron. The more obscure and ugly the better.
plowing and shoveling 28" of snow
New calves coming tonight, they will take some time tomorrow. Sunday, chores, church, chores.
snowing and stormy here staying in and play euchre with friends
Going shoot nutria on my hunting lease. Got 259 last weekend.
going to the farm with my handy man to show him some work i want done on our cabin. shooting my new pistol, cooking for my wife saturday night, and getting several horses ready for a sale in a couple of weeks
Originally Posted by eric1186
We are painting the inside of our house, getting it ready to sell. Getting the hell out of Boise...

Headed where to?,
Originally Posted by Mike70560

I bet that's a blast!
Crappie fishing with my son , It's going to be 50 degrees .
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Headed where to?,

Calloway County Kentucky...I've been practicing my buck dancing and accent...I think I can blend in...
Last week of deer season. Gonna kill 2 does and a buck...
I’m reading this forum!
The combine started......but the friggen header was froze down.

Finally got the header unstuck, and it was just about dark.

Set it down on a couple of fence posts.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Crappie fishing with my son , It's going to be 50 degrees .

Winner.
Up in Lawrence KS all weekend..daughter has a club volleyball tournament.
Um dozer 1 tractor and 2 trucks to service , 11 houses to backfill, wood to cut., by Sunday about 30 calves to work. Clover seed to spread , than monday back to work , lmao. You city boys enjoy your " weekend "
Plowing snow up until about 20 minutes ago....................

Rest of the weekend is a big question mark.

Where you headed?
Vegas for a baseball tournament for youngest son.
Club swim meet for youngest kid in Jackson. Dad lives close by, so will spend some time with him.
Skied thigh deep powder today. I’d love to do it again tomorrow but I’m hurting a bit, 60 ain’t 20 anymore.
A phone call to a friend since 1st grade I have not spoken with in about 20 years.
We were very close friends for decades, unfortunately sometimes stuff happens people drift apart.
Not a Facebook fan but that's how we connected,
Take wife out to supper after I go somewhere to shoot. I must get my therapy. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Ski Sunday and Monday in the Big Bear Area (either Snow Summit or Bear Mountain)
Working again tonight. Hope the squeeze in a yote stand or 2 on Sunday before I do a lube,oil,filter,fuel/water separator and air filter job on the durty max.

Do those things have any hide value any more?
Originally Posted by Plumdog

It’s fun to shoot those damn things. I haven’t done that since I quit duck hunting
Originally Posted by Plumdog

It’s fun to shoot those damn things. I haven’t done that since I quit duck hunting

I didn't know there were any left. They used to be everywhere here, then the alligators came back.

I fished yesterday, have a clays shoot this morning, then gonna play it by ear. Probably shoot my bows a lot. No work 'til Tuesday.
My work days are better than most people's vacations..😁
Today was no exception.

Our men’s group at church is putting on an oyster roast...busy with that.
I gotta feed fricken cows again!
Shot 4 rounds of skeet today.

Waiting for brother in law and his wife to show up. They are on the road with their RV, not quite sure when they are gonna make it. They are from AL, they went to CO first, they are kind of in awe with all there is to see and do out west, so now it sounds like maybe Mon or Tues. Could be earlier or later, who knows. No big deal tho.

Catching up on loading shotgun ammo until they show up. Dove season is less than 7 months away, turning old skeet hulls into dove ammo.
[Linked Image]

Grandson at his horse hand program.

Kent
Road trip,.....800 miles,....way down yonder in da lan o'cotton.
,....had biscuit and gravy at the Valdosta, Georgia Cracker Barrel.

It don't get no more down home than that.
Went to daughters competition this AM.

Threw bumpers for dog this afternoon. He hadn't had much work in last three weeks. He was surprisingly obidient and focused today.

Tomorrow, a little work, maybe clean a few guns.

Business dinner tomorrow night.
Wifey got the crud, cleaned and took kids to her new shoes, groceries, laundry etc.: hope I get brownie points
Originally Posted by krp
[Linked Image]

Grandson at his horse hand program.

Kent

My granddaughter on the other hand asked if she could stay the night last night, she's independent and knows we will give her space if she wants, she needs space away from the little brother and parents sometimes, Mimi and Pappy's cooking... She's 7 going on 18.

Kent
I called coyote this morning, then cut a load of lodge pole firewood. No coyote came to my call. Next year's fire wood is almost done!
© 24hourcampfire