Home
Posted By: tpcollins Anyone done their taxes yet? - 02/08/20
Was wondering if there’s any surprises - good or bad - for this year?

I would think I have everything I need by now so I’ll start checking it tomorrow. Thanks.
My buddy got drunk the other night and did his—he’s got 4 million coming back.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Was wondering if there’s any surprises - good or bad - for this year?

I would think I have everything I need by now so I’ll start checking it tomorrow. Thanks.

Yep. Already spending my refund. H&R Block has a program where you get a percentage of your refund available on the same day they do your taxes. Not a loan. No interest.
A loooong time ago, I tried very hard at doing my own taxes and it showed that I owed the Government ... crazy

so I took my taxes to a CPA and got money back! laugh

been going to a CPA ever since and if I ever get audited, the CPA can do the explaining .... wink
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep. Already spending my refund. H&R Block has a program where you get a percentage of your refund available on the same day they do your taxes. Not a loan. No interest.

Does the gubment pay you interest on the money you loaned them over the year?
Originally Posted by muleshoe

They should, shouldn't they? Seems only fair.
Took everything to the accountant, fingers crossed. Thinking things should be about the same as last year. Income, etc. was about the same. FWIW: My taxes went from owing $1500 in 2017 to getting $2500 back due to Trumps tax law revamp. Just saw where all the Dem candidates will eliminate Trump's tax reform to pay for their programs (free stuff for others).
Posted By: hanco Re: Anyone done their taxes yet? - 02/08/20
I’m gonna have to pay, we paid in 50,000, but that won’t be enough, gonna have to come up with another 5000 probably. We have no deductions except what we give to church. I’m sure I’m supporting a couple dindu nuffins
Originally Posted by muleshoe

They should, shouldn't they? Seems only fair.

It do.
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m gonna have to pay, we paid in 50,000, but that won’t be enough, gonna have to come up with another 5000 probably. We have no deductions except what we give to church. I’m sure I’m supporting a couple dindu nuffins

They gosta have lotsa babies, don't they? Somebody gosta pay fa dat.
Got the turbo tax still in the package on the table, haven’t gotten all my w-2, 10-99 forms as they trickle in.

I’m in no excited hurry, I’ve been writing the sombitches a check last few years.

Fuggin homeowner’s insurance, property taxes and income taxes all hit about the same time.

No big screen tv and bbq with bitches and ‘fotys’ going on here. No negro family members dancing around
Posted By: KFWA Re: Anyone done their taxes yet? - 02/08/20
my income changed <3% over last year, and I'm about the same as where I was last year maybe plus or minus $300 - the difference being I was prepared for it this year. I have mine done now but I usually wait until late February to let my tax software get all the updates.

one minor thing in my state taxes - usually they ask me if I bought goods from out of state (a reference to Amazon) and if so I have to pay taxes on them. In the past I owned up to buying stuff and usually paid $200 or so in taxes. This year, I can't recall buying anything online where I didn't pay taxes for it so I said zero.

Yep, wife is worth her weight in gold, she watches and figures during the year, final tally is rarely more than $50 either way............

She missed this year, $117 coming back, apparently she didn't know I was worth more after turning 65................
Done, paid, and saving for next year
Posted By: MD521 Re: Anyone done their taxes yet? - 02/08/20
If you're still working remember you can put up to $7000 in a Traditional IRA and get more back. We did it again this year and got another $1000 back. It's worth checking into it.
Have an appointment with the accountant next week. Usually have to write a check to feds and state. We will see what happens. I quit doing our own years ago.
Still waiting on 1099's.
Still waiting on investment papers, as usual. Sometimes don't get them until March. Paid hefty Fed quarterlies all year, but not yet our expected pre-payment of State. Probably will do that before we see the CPA.
Originally Posted by MD521
If you're still working remember you can put up to $7000 in a Traditional IRA and get more back. We did it again this year and got another $1000 back. It's worth checking into it.

PM sent
My wife does the taxes. I sign on the line where she tells me to.
Originally Posted by hanco

If you’ve already paid in $50,000 you’re probably, like us, in a bracket where you don’t get to claim squat for deductions.

Wife finished our taxes last week (among the alphabet soup after her name is CPA). She said one advantage of being in our bracket is it makes the taxes real easy to do. She really gets cranked up over what the low-incomers can get away with.
© 24hourcampfire