Home
Posted By: wabigoon Anyone Else Fighting A Cold? - 02/11/20
Sore throat, cough, no appetite, more?
Oh no, you got the undercooked frog legs at the chinee buffet, didn’t you?

🤮🤮🦠🦠🦠
No not here.. Reminds me I should take my daily vitamin C & D. I did though stop at two taco's for dinner after my wife said I was building them like burritos.
My head is plugged SOLID..........awful!!!!
Cough, stuffed up head, runny nose has come and gone since Thanksgiving. It's beginning to seem like the kind of crap that won't go away till the weather warms up.
Richard, I've been fighting a nasty cold for the last week. Bad enough where a guy is up half the night coughing and you don't feel like going to work....

We just got in from loading up a bunch of portable panels and I told my dad that's it. Man I don't feel like setting it back up in the other pasture, just no energy.

Kid at the gas station yesterday said hey man, you sound sick.

I was like yeah, pretty sure I got that Corona virus.... Poor fuucker thought I was serious!
Posted By: hanco Re: Anyone Else Fighting A Cold? - 02/12/20
Had it in New Year’s, it sucked
I just brushed my teeth, mouth taste like the bottom of a bird cage, I just about could not open enough to brush my molars.
Get some zinc lozenges
What exactly does the bottom of a birdcage taste like?

Oh. Btw.
I never get sick.
Molars?

Pics it didn’t happen ....
I had that going on last week. The wife made me go to the doc and he diagnosed Influence B.

Feeling better now but still pretty rough.
Day 6 of the flu. First 5 days were like the worst cold every X10. It’s just starting to get better.

Doc told me to stay home (I’ve been since last Thursday) until next Tuesday earliest, so I don’t spread it around. Slavyanka and SS14 are here. They both have a bit of a sore throat today but so far I haven’t given it to them. I’ve tried to be very careful to keep everything sanitary.
My boy brought it home from school like he does every year. He had it bad for a couple weeks and now the wife has it. She’s coughing and hacking with sore throat and sounds horrible! All day and night coughing. I’m just wondering when is it going to take me down? Only a matter of time ....
Girlfriend came home from work early, prayed to the porcelain god....told her to go sleep on the porch, pretty sure that's where I am going to end up!

Should have kept my trap shut, now I'll probably end up with it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Anyone Else Fighting A Cold? - 02/12/20
Youngest grandson has strep, he ain’t feeling too good.
2 weeks with flu type A. Today was the first good day I've had. Ran some errands, came home did some welding, vaccuumed the Toyota, washed the flormats, went fishing. Holy cow what a day!
You ain't been around a Chinaman, air ye?
No, don't rub eyes, nose, mouth with hands when out in public, wash hands several times daily.
I keep my hand on Muhdik while I’m out and about in town
laugh
You don't want to be talking' 'bout having' a cold these days.

They'll put ya in a diving' suit and lock you in the courthouse basement.
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone Else Fighting A Cold? - 02/12/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
No, don't rub eyes, nose, mouth with hands when out in public, wash hands several times daily.

Bingo. Well learned while living/working abroad for years. Last flu, IIRC, was nabbed in a construction camp in Ras Laffan Industrial City Qatar in 2010.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by gunner500

Bingo. Well learned while living/working abroad for years. Last flu, IIRC, was nabbed in a construction camp in Ras Laffan Industrial City Qatar in 2010.

Same/same EdM, there's some funky monkey stuff abroad.
Sneeze in front of the Sheriff these days,...next think ya know they got you in an iron lung locked away in a $40 a month storage shed.

,...won't be found until next year when somebody bids $75 on it and cuts the padlock off.
Just sinus stuff.

Seems it can't make up it's mind to be a constant temp.

Warm or cold just pick one,then it adds on rain and sleet for the win.
Had it so bad for a week I was afraid i’d die then it got a little worse and i was afraid I wasn’t
First one I’ve had in years. I bent over Saturday, and snot didn’t drip out of my nose; it ran out in a solid stream! Never saw that before.
Fighting is a waste of energy. I just let them run their course.
Zinc lozenges help, but feel like you’ve painted your teeth with undercoating.
I believe vitamin C drops help better than anything.
Posted By: RAS Re: Anyone Else Fighting A Cold? - 02/12/20
If you have kids like we do, you have to be aggressive. Kids at school are total slobs. All of them.

A can of Lysol in every bathroom. Wash hands a lot. Don’t touch your face. Vitamins every day.
I hope we all whip the nasty stuff, soon!
Wabigoon: Nope fine and dandy here - sure hope you get out from under the weather quickly!
I say try fresh orange juice, aspirin, 7-UP and lots of chicken soup then at night use Ny-Quil.
Lay low and no coffee til YOU perk up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Haven’t had it for several years now. Keep my hands washed and stay TF away from sick people. Any time I start to feel anything coming on I head for the dry sauna in my basement. 30 minutes in a 140 degree box sweats it out. That being said, I’ll probably get the worst sickness ever tomorrow.
So far so good here. House had it bad before Thanksgiving so our dues have been paid.
Hard to describe my left eye this morning, bloodshot, watery, puffed lower lid.
Today is the first day that I have seen some improvement, my cold has been hanging on for a week.
© 24hourcampfire