Home
Posted By: wabigoon Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I befriended a classmate on Facebook. he is a flaming liberal. I suppose like this place, I'll just not respond to any of the leftist bunk.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
There is a liberal who shoots regularly with our gun club . Nice guy but a little ditzy. We just ignore his politics. Poor guy about had apoplexy when several of us showed up wearing Trump hats. laugh
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
None.

I have even unfriended relatives that are liberals posting insane liberal crap I didn't want to read constantly.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20

I have friends who are liberal. We somehow manage to co-exist. I have many faults.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
But of course. If I limited myself to those solely restricted to my line of thinking, there'd be no reason to talk to anyone.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Have a sister in Seattle who is unfortunately a liberal......we try not to talk politics.....
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
None.

I have even unfriended relatives that are liberals posting insane liberal crap I didn't want to read constantly.

This. If they are unAmerican, I unfriend them.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
None.

Me too, except I don’t do Fakebook.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I don't unfriend anybody. But nearly all the liberals have unfriended me. Bye bye!
Posted By: RickyD Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I have friends who are liberal. We somehow manage to co-exist. I have many faults.

So do they. Maybe even more.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I had a friend from high school who is a self proclaimed liberal. and is also anti gun.
We had many interesting conversations--

So, a few years ago, he took a gun to the hospital where his wife was, and her daughter, (his step daughter) was there, shot the daughter and himself.

Funny how anti gun folks use a gun when it fits their needs!
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I don' t have any liberal friends.Liberal by definition are not friends.I don't even converse with my liberal relatives
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I don' t have any liberal friends.Liberal by definition are not friends.I don't even converse with my liberal relatives

This^^^. If they are dimocraps they are liars and thieves. Show me one who isnt both (except Cookie). smile

Who wants liars and theives as friends. Believe it or not, I'm not that hard up.
Posted By: Toddly Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
No
Posted By: 1minute Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
If they are dimocraps they are liars and thieves

Cookie, my wife, is a registered Demo. I'd not give her up for the world, and we agree to disagree on all sorts of issue.
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I had a friend from high school who is a self proclaimed liberal. and is also anti gun.
We had many interesting conversations--

So, a few years ago, he took a gun to the hospital where his wife was, and her daughter, (his step daughter) was there, shot the daughter and himself.

Funny how anti gun folks use a gun when it fits their needs!

That's why they dont like guns. They are crazy and they know it. They think everyone is as crazy as they are. Projection. Also, they know they cant be trusted.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I don't unfriend anybody. But nearly all the liberals have unfriended me. Bye bye!

Oh, they were Klingons to my FB page..

They would tear into me when I mentioned some atrocity Obama had done...

Got tired of it, and unfriended them all.
Originally Posted by 1minute
If they are dimocraps they are liars and thieves (except Cookie)

Cookie, my wife, is a registered Demo. I'd not give her up for the world, and we agree to disagree on all sorts of issue.
Nope not one. I love the fact that I get to choose my friends.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
No
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I don't have to unfriend anybody, I don't do facebook, Lol.

And no I don't have any liberal friends. I have high standards for friends, liberals can't meet those standards.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Wabigoon: NO! Won't allow that.
Sadly I do have a couple of "liberal" relatives!
Hideous that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: DBT Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
Sorry, quote didn't work.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I have no liberal friends.....
I wouldn’t stoop that low.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I make a humble request here. Please have all your liberal friends Spayed or Neutered. And Thanks for you support. Let's fix America! Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
No and I simply couldn't be. They are my enemies. They'll go to the voting booth and happily vote to take my rights and freedom away. I wouldn't piss on one if they were on fire. I might throw them a can of gasoline though.
Posted By: super T Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
I have no close friends who are liberals because it's my experience that all too many libs are very unhappy people, anti-everything. I see them as very toxic. It's often emotionally exhausting just being around them. Life too short to listen to their negativity. It's just plain unhealthy being around someone who blames the world for their terrible life choices.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/12/20
My wife's whole family are libs. Not her, though - registered Repub., NRA member. Hard to avoid that gang, but we don't discuss politics with them. I have lost friends over differing political beliefs (maybe they weren't really friends, after all).
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Any enemy of our constitution and our U.S. sovereignty is an enemy of mine.
Anybody that wants to restrict my beliefs, my freedoms and my country's history because it doesn't fit their liking is an enemy of mine. So no... I have no liberal friends.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Oh sure.

Quite a few if I thought about it.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Can't for the life of me understand being "friends" with anyone who wishes to destroy our country and way of life. They are the enemy. I have removed a niece, nephew and brother-in-law from our family trust in the last 3 years, and spoken to none of them beyond legal matters...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I befriended a classmate on Facebook. he is a flaming liberal. I suppose like this place, I'll just not respond to any of the leftist bunk.

I did the same recently. Complete waste of time. Total Bernie psycho. Ended up unfriending him.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Only thing worse than a hardcore liberal is the people that make excuses for them.
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Can't for the life of me understand being "friends" with anyone who wishes to destroy our country and way of life. They are the enemy. I have removed a niece, nephew and brother-in-law from our family trust in the last 3 years, and spoken to none of them beyond legal matters...

Going through same. Like Santie Claus. Making a list and checking it twice. smile
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
No kidding?

You guys cant even talk to a Democrat?

Leftist....sure....but a run of the mill liberal?
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
A few - all of whom also know how conservative I am. We agree to disagree, and never discuss politics.
If I had no liberal friends, here in northern New Mexico no body would even speak to me! smile
( "The Warden" and I are definitely out-numbered )
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
None.

Nope. I don't associate with Marxists.

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Eggzackley! Their beliefs and votes are an attack on my freedoms and prosperity. Where my beliefs and votes defend their freedoms and prosperity.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Anyone who votes to support those traitors to our constitution in govt who force me to pay for welfare or medical care for illegal aliens or sex change operations is a thief. Plain and simple, as is anyone who supports those in govt who force me to pay for lobster, oysters, steak, shrimp or orange juice for welfare recipients.
Posted By: ftbt Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I have no liberal “friends.” I do have some liberal acquaintances.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No kidding?

Jim, Liberals gave us Obama.

Think about that..
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I've never unfriended anybody for being liberal, but many have unfriended me for being me. I went pro-Trump hard during the last election and the snowflakes started melting. I have very few FB friends anyway as I'm very selective. There are some liberals on there I went to High School or Junior High with. I just ignore their BS.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I did the same recently. Complete waste of time. Total Bernie psycho. Ended up unfriending him.

i befriended a distant relative some months ago. was unfriended just a couple of days ago after seeing posts from one of h is inlaws. just didn't want anything to do with it.
Posted By: Tansun Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I do not have any liberal friends, but my wife's girlfriend is a liberal. She gets put in her place a lot around our place.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Rocky and Bullwinkle was written by a liberal and a conservative.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

boris badenov natasha fatale
Posted By: TomT Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
IMHO, being on FB is a big no no. Social media is the devil!

Call me weird, but, NO, I have NO Liberal friends. Relatives (can’t pick them), and acquaintances, YES, but not friends. I have good taste in friends.
Posted By: krp Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I am superficially courteous to everyone, though there's no doubt I'm a white male conservative western outdoorsman hunter fisherman guntoter Trump supporter. I'm sure there are liberals who think I'm their conservative friend because my general demeanor is friendly, but I mostly avoid people on a whole when I can.Only thing you can affect is who you are and the example you set.

Kent
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
HELL NO, I don't need to go to prison for beating idiots, poor Wife has to work with some, I was headed out to the shop on New Years Day morning to grab some ammo to shoot my 44-77 Shiloh Sharps rifle wearing my Dumbfu-kistan sweatshirt, Wife hollered at me as I left the back porch, I turned around to have her take a pic of me and my shirt.

Said she wanted to send it to lib coworkers and wish them a happy new year! I love that girl, she's a keeper!
Posted By: viking Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Your joking right?
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Sure, I've got some liberal friends and some conservative ones. Pretty middle of the road myself, tend to agree with the conservatives on MOST issues, but not all of them
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Neighbors having a bonfire a month or so back (urban backyard in northern Virginia)... most of them know me well and are friends.

Zombie apocalypse comes up in conversation...

One couple (retired combat Marines) that I have know for years asks where I will go... I said "Don't know, but I do have a few sets of keys."

They laughed and said... "we are coming with you".

Our liberal and anti gun neighbor said "I am coming too, but you can't bring any guns, I hate guns and my kids are scared of them".

I didn't say anything other than "You will probably be better off without me."

Told my wife later... she said "You are mean... we will need someone to throw over the fence to feed the zombies."

Remembered an old work poster...

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by local_dirt

i befriended a distant relative some months ago. was unfriended just a couple of days ago after seeing posts from one of h is inlaws. just didn't want anything to do with it.

The final straw in dumping him was when he started deleting my posts that didn't tow the line with his psycho liberal droppings. His entire timeline was almost completely liberal rants, Bernie blatherings, and Noam Chomsky bolshevik crap.
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
No, I have a know it all brother in law who says he's a progressive. Fits my definition of an A**Hole.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
no
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: efw Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I have taken to separating new-school authoritarian Leftists from free speech loving old school Liberals.

The former won’t tolerate me while I’ve found that our love of the first (and sometimes even 2nd) amendment give me common ground with the latter.

I am not on FB, but I’ll have a peaceful, respectful conversation with anyone. If someone wants to call names or whatever I figure that’s egg on their face and says more about them than me.

Our country can’t endure these authoritarian leftists, and keeping open dialog between paleo-Conservatives and old school Liberals demonstrates a commitment to the American ideal of free expression.

Besides if I didn’t talk to any Liberals many of you’d be out as I’m to the right of nearly all y’all.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
No liberal friends. Been that way for decades.
Know a bunch from art/music.
I'm friendly to them, and to those at work.

But I'll vote to crush them every chance I get.
And I don't sugar coat stuff around them.
They start their chit, I'll shut it down, in front of everybody.

They can go on rants and raise hell, but not where I'm at.
Have a couple conservative coworkers that are tired of the crap too.

The break room is pretty mellow.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Have seen some old school libs so sick of the new school libs, they've gone Republican.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I don't have any liberal friends or family members, at least none that I know about anyways.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I have a very highly educated niece. Her and her equally erudite husband are flaming libs. Brainwashed products of our higher education system. They get their asses handed to them when they get into debates with my extremely conservative, common-sense minded, but not nearly as educated, street cop son. It’s hilarious...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I don’t keep toxic friends or family around. Liberals are toxic.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don’t keep toxic friends or family around...

And yet you keep yourself around. wink grin
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I have one liberal friend, he had to suck up to all the liberal politicians for the two jobs they got him (ok be in the county dump and one on the street department in his town). I told him that since he is retired, he no longer has to kiss their a$$ and campaign for the Dems. He got pissed and doesn't talk to me much. Fugg him.
Posted By: OAM Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
None.

+1 with the exception of my wife's friend who is an insanely good looking single blonde that is almost always braless. For some reason her polital views never get under my skin.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
They are kinda fun to dick with. All you have to do is mention Trump to get a reaction out of a good lib. They can always serve as entertainment.
Posted By: Filaman Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I've got five blood kin kids. Three of them are libtards. I don't know why, they were all raised in church (Southern Baptist) and were raised shooting and hunting, yet the three turned out liberal. Their mother is quite conservative, their youngest brother and oldest sister are conservative. I don't know what the hell happened. But I don't unfriend them and we co exist. My oldest boy is one of the liberals. We argue continuously on FB Messenger. But I love him and he loves me. We get along in real life and we don't bring up politics when we're together. But I have to admit our arguments are fun and quite entertaining, LOL!!!
Posted By: Filaman Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I just make sure I have one of my Trump caps on when dealing with them.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
No liberal friends, but I do have a cousin who is a Bernie Sanders supporter. From her last email to me:

"...I know we are on different planets when it comes to politics and religion. I know it is probably best we don't even try to talk about it. However, if you could ever help me understand why good Christian people would think someone of Donald Trump's morals and manner as being a good choice for leading our nation, I would appreciate a thoughtful and kind explanation, but I do not wish to argue about anything..."

She received a very thoughtful, reasoned reply from me after which I have received no response back. It's just as well.
Posted By: CWT Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They are kinda fun to dick with. All you have to do is mention Trump to get a reaction out of a good lib. They can always serve as entertainment.

Are you talking about that bra-less blond?
Posted By: Hastings Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Is a registered Democrat a liberal that has never once voted for a Democrat for president (12 elections) (10 times Republican, 2 Libertarian)? Also if he favors labor unions right to enforce contracts? If he favors public help for the truly helpless? If he is against foreign military adventure?

Posted By: boatammo Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
I don't have any. They don't exist in my world.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20

Registered Democrat "Friends" -- Yes, a fair amount.. Liberal socialist acquaintances --- also yes , but not what I would call "Friends".

In my area like many traditionally 'old school' Democrat areas across the country, candidates might as well forget about running for local offices as a Republican so they run as Democrats but on conservative platforms.

Also, being local people you have a better chance of knowing them personally, their values and about them as real people.

Most would be surprised how many registered Democrats, especially 'old school' Dems, vote for Republicans in state and national elections but Democrat in local elections for that very reason.

As an example here in my county as of 2014 there were about 5 times as many registered Democrats as Republicans but in 2016 Trump / Pence got 3 times as many votes as Hillary / Kane did.

Posted By: arky65 Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
No, I do not? Our oldest couples friends are conservative as it gets "Christians", gun owners, but believe Republicans = the rich and Democrats = for the poor/working man.

When I point out the Dem's position on, 2a, abortion, higher taxes, Uranium One, Christianity, wealth redistribution, etc, they resort to deflection, Russia, Russia,Russia, etc.

"my daddy and his daddy and his daddy voted Democrat", wake up the party left you

Imo, many Southern Democrats 40 and older, that I know have a severe case of cognitive dissolution.

jmo

arky65
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by boatammo
I don't have any. They don't exist in my world.

This. Not worth the frustration of dealing with their ignorant asses.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No kidding?

No such thing, anymore.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Have Liberal Freinds? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Neighbors having a bonfire a month or so back (urban backyard in northern Virginia)... most of them know me well and are friends.

Zombie apocalypse comes up in conversation...

One couple (retired combat Marines) that I have know for years asks where I will go... I said "Don't know, but I do have a few sets of keys."

They laughed and said... "we are coming with you".

Our liberal and anti gun neighbor said "I am coming too, but you can't bring any guns, I hate guns and my kids are scared of them".

I didn't say anything other than "You will probably be better off without me."

Told my wife later... she said "You are mean... we will need someone to throw over the fence to feed the zombies."

What’d they plan to kill zombies with - plastic straws?

Had a colleague who said one day “Anyone who has guns needs psychiatric help!”

Asked her what she would do if I handed her a gun right then. She said “Look for someone to kill!”

I said “You’re the one who needs psychiatric help.”
None.

Yep. Fugg em !
© 24hourcampfire