Home
Posted By: wabigoon Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Are you ready? There are seventeen big red roses on the table here. My wife bought five for us, son bought her another twelve.
Posted By: hanco Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Taking Wifey out to eat, taking her to see Wade Bowen and dancing tomorrow night. If she is nice, I might give her some boom boom.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
The roses.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice arrangement! Wifey doesn’t like flowers, she would go for candy!
Posted By: EdM Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
We don’t “celebrate” it.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
I make every day Valentine’s Day. It’s how I roll. wink
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20

Try saying "happy VD" to your spouse. wink
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
After my 2nd wife, I don’t celebrate it. She was a stone cold bitsch a couple of VD and I said “enough”. If I haven’t treated her well enough the other 364 days of the year, one day won’t make a difference.

Plus, I refuse to pay the criminal markup on flowers. I will send them occasionally the rest of the year for no reason and it’s 1/3 the price.

In fact, I’ve noticed over the last 30-some years a particular phenomenon. Just for chitts and giggles I’ll send my woman a bouquet at work, or drop off some fancy dessert out of the blue. Every single time she’ll come home and say how jealous all the other women in the office were.

Then, without fail, a couple of days later, she’ll come home and tell me “so and so’s husband sent her flowers today” or something like that. What happens is that the women see that she got something, go home and bitsch at their husband that they don’t do something like that. It’s a hoot!!
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by ironbender
I make every day Valentine’s Day. It’s how I roll. wink

I take my wife every year to the Olive Garden - the Zeppol’s is a tradition. Happy wife, happy life.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by EdM
We don’t “celebrate” it.

Yep
Posted By: Boise Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Originally Posted by EdM
We don’t “celebrate” it.

Wife and I speak of the "holiday" every year. It's a contrived holiday pushing consumerism. We don't buy into it.
Originally Posted by Boise
Originally Posted by EdM
We don’t “celebrate” it.

Wife and I speak of the "holiday" every year. It's a contrived holiday pushing consumerism. We don't buy into it.

I enjoy it. I like seeing her smile.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Another opportunity for me to buy all the grandkids candy!

Then I show em the tooth the dentist jerked outta my jaw on the last visit.

It’s how I roll!
Posted By: 99in22_250 Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Yep, 12 long stems set to be delivered tomorrow morning, dinner reservations at our favorite spot, like "hanco" said, seeing her smile still flat out makes me feel good.

R
Posted By: add Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Thanks a lot Hallmark!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Even Bruce Dern bought the farm!

Posted By: hookeye Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
I threw the hotdog down the hallway before work. Some dead plants tomorrow and am off the hook
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
We're married.

She'll get a card. That's it. Don't expect or care for anything in return.

Got the kiddos some stuff.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/13/20
Am taking fam to deer/ turkey expo and dinner after in a week. If they dont piss me off tomorrow.
Posted By: hanco Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by 99in22_250
Yep, 12 long stems set to be delivered tomorrow morning, dinner reservations at our favorite spot, like "hanco" said, seeing her smile still flat out makes me feel good.

R

That woman is too good to me! It is the least I can do. I try to make her birthday special too!
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Oh s h i t, forgot again.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Wife asked for no cards or flowers. Valentines Day is the day I proposed, she wants to stay home and order pizza and watch hockey. By happy accident, our youngest dog turns 1 tomorrow so we will be making a trip to Petco as well. Should be a great family day.
Posted By: Toddly Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Every Valentine’s Day I get a Heart on.
Posted By: rong Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
When is it ? laugh
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Mine gets flowers once every month. I'll be 3 states away tomorrow on business. We've been married too long to worry about this stuff. I'll take her out in a few weeks when I've got some down time.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
on the school bus Tomeka and Willy D called it Ballentimesesday

buhnanna nile a lattas goin round gimme wons

(banana flavored Now and Later taffy candy)

Oh you crackas missed out on growing up in Savannah, Ga
Posted By: ironbender Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
It seems to be a chick holiday. Men are supposed to do something extraordinary for the lady in their life - based on the ads. (Adds for many here)

Anyone seen an ad for wimmens spoiling they men?
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Christmas is for the little one. That's it.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Valentine's tomorrow? MEH!

TODAY is our 37'th. Momma kicks my ass if I waste money on flowers. She is working REAL hard to lower her A1 C so the saw bones will replace a bad hip.......so chocolate is out.

We moved into and she furnished a new house four months ago, nothing left to purchase there.

I have been home from work for a couple hours and she is cooking salmon fillets and making coleslaw for dinner. I guess that is our celebration. We will pick up some candy for the grandkids tomorrow while we are in town.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
last week was our 50th so VD is low key, bought her a Calla lily to replace the one I killed while she was gone helping a sick sister. she bought me a box of chocolates cause I am a chocolate addict!
Posted By: chris_c Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
While the wife was working I sent flowers several times a year. Earned bonus and jealousy points because of all the other females at her work. 50 yellow roses showed up today for her. Still earning bonus points.
Posted By: sse Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
dunno, but it's guaranteed that on the 15th i'll be into some serious chocolate at a deep discount, i mean deep
Posted By: slumlord Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
I always end up with the last 4 in the box, the ones with fuggin toothpaste in the center
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Another commercialized holiday designed to take your money. Mine gets treated/treats me good year round. Just another day. Probably eat a good meal for the hell of it though.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
My wife loves flowers..... for her B day and Valentines day I go all out.... Apparently some of the husbands/boyfriends of the staff don't appreciate me setting that kind of expectations.... I'll take my chances... she is worth it
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Got a reservation at a nice restaurant 60 miles from here, hotel room, her parents have the kids overnight. Gonna get laid at least once out of this deal and have no 1 and 3 year old to interfere with things. Haven’t decided if I’m bringing any “marital aides” down to the hotel, but pretty fair chance we both gonna put some effort into each other for non run of the mill sexy good times.

Shoot my boss told me my wife told him (work at same place with different bosses) about steak and BJ day on March 14, so I know her minds in the gutter too
Posted By: lostsixgunner Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Sad day here, today would be 32 nd anniversary. Lost her to Cancer , this past Christmas eve morning. Tell yours you love them!
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Flowers will be there, I will not. I've just another month til I return from Korea, and I can hardly stand the wait!!
Originally Posted by lostsixgunner
Sad day here, today would be 32 nd anniversary. Lost her to Cancer , this past Christmas eve morning. Tell yours you love them!

I’m very sorry for your loss, don’t know what I would do if I lost mine.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Walmart will start putting out cards about a month before Valentine's Day, and when we're shopping there, I'll always pick out a card, tell her to read it, then put it back. That's her Valentine card from me........lol.

Actually, the card thing has become something of a joke between us. We don't buy cards for each other anymore, but we will try and go out and eat, usually the day before to avoid the rush. Yesterday, we went to a Longhorn's.

Like another poster said, every day should be just like Valentine's Day.
Posted By: efw Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Wifey has always appreciated the fact that I don’t need the calendar to tell me to do something nice for her before I act. I buy her flowers, special treats, and push her out the door to spend time w/ friends on a fairly regular basis. We’ve never made a big deal out of birthdays, mother’s or fathers days, or Valentine’s Day but I always get her a card and flowers to remind her that she is the love of my life and that I’m very grateful God gave her to me.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Valintine's Day? - 02/14/20
Today is 32 yrs. Wanted a day I would not forget. Ok, just got the wife up and thanked her for the last 32 years and her response was " we have been married 33 yrs."
© 24hourcampfire