thanks for the bad news birdy.

Now, what do 'we" do about it?

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Geee,

Geno

Move to the nearest cave....alone and for a long time.
Geee,

Geno

I dunno, make friends with a Mormon who has a year's supply of food stashed away? Presuming it gets loose here, which is very possible, commerce could be affected in a big way due to quarantines.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Geee,

Geno

Move to the nearest cave....alone and for a long time.

Well, I do live 15 miles outside town in just about one of the most remote parts of Cali and the Nation for that matter. So maybe I have a good chance?

Be just our luck a traveling salesman comes through after just having had dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Suctomento, where the dishwasher just got off the plane from Wuhan 2 weeks ago.

Geno
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Geee,

Geno

I dunno, make friends with a Mormon who has a year's supply of food stashed away? Presuming it gets loose here, which is very possible, commerce could be affected in a big way due to quarantines.

Commerce?

As long as I get my retirement checks and the locals don't get it we'll be OK for awhile. I can keep the bills paid until Unca Sugar figures it all out, right?

Geno

PS, if and when it gets bad..........I'm not going to care about lead free ammo if I have to go out back to shoot something to eat.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Geee,

Geno

[Linked Image from images05.military.com]
"Beijing has had four known accidental leaks of the SARS virus in recent years, so there is absolutely no reason to assume that this strain of coronavirus from Wuhan didn’t accidentally leak out as well."

Why do I get the feeling that it was no accident?
Paul B.
My n95 masks and goggles came in yesterday... made in china.. wtf.. sprayed it all down with lysol.
I posted this yesterday.....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...f-millions-under-quarantine#Post14568415

https://www.libertynation.com/coronavirus-lockdown-china-ramps-up-quarantine/

Um, sounds bad..... ".....An estimated 80 Chinese cities are now under these quarantine restrictions, impacting hundreds of millions of people, exceeding the entire population of the United States....".

Coronavirus Lockdown – China Ramps Up Quarantine

Despite all attempts at containment, the Coronavirus is spreading.

By: Lorraine Silvetz, MSWFebruary 12, 2020Articles, Healthcare, International, Politics, Social Issues, World
A A A

by Lorraine Silvetz, MSW

Coronavirus Lockdown – China Ramps Up Quarantine

The Coronavirus has breached containment in Wuhan. As news filters out that many major cities in China are moving to quarantine and lockdown, the nation’s largest economic center and trade city, Shanghai, has also fallen to the pandemic and, as reported by the Chinese media,* has been placed on ”closed city” status.
At a press conference aimed at disease prevention, the Shanghai municipal government announced that a large number of the city’s 13,000 neighborhoods have been ordered to adopt “closed management” controls. This involves controlling the number of exits and entrances into the estates, security guards** to measure the temperature of those coming and going and keeping logs of all citizens. Mandatory isolation is to last for 14 days.
The story adds that “Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, and Chongqing” have all been placed under strict quarantine control, as the Coronavirus has spread beyond attempted containment in the Hubei region.

World Health Organization (WHO) Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced that the cases we’re seeing in China may just be a small part of the global picture. He tweeted earlier this week:

“There have been some concerning instances of onward #2019nCoV spread from people with no travel history to [China].
The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg.”

Infection Rate
According to credible sources, the number of infections in China may be anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000, and one professor from Imperial College London believes that the numbers could reach a peak of 50,000 new infections per day. That the local authorities across China may be covering up or downplaying the severity in their own regions is likely, signifying that cases of the infection are being vastly under-reported.

Infections in China are not expected to top out until mid-March, according to several sources. The expansion outside of China will lag by one to two months and perhaps longer. What’s happening in China right now may spread to Singapore, Thailand, Japan, or Hong Kong in the March-April time frame. How long before it spreads to India, Africa, Mexico, Western Europe, and more?

If China – with its draconian, military police state measures – is overwhelmed, consider what would happen in a free city like Los Angeles or New York.

Emergency Measures

In a shocking emergency order, China’s capital city of Beijing is now under pandemic lockdown or quarantine order, as reported on the Chinese-language Liberty Times Net (translated from Chinese):

“…today (Feb. 10) the Beijing authorities also issued a ‘epidemic prevention and control notice strict residential closed management,’ declaring that Beijing has also entered a ‘closed city’ state.

According to the notice, Beijing further restricted ‘community closure management,’ foreign vehicles and personnel are not allowed to enter, arriving in Beijing must also report health status, complete the registration of personal information.
Those who refuse to accept medical observation, home observation and other preventive measures, which constitute violations of public security management, shall be severely punished by the public security organs in accordance with the law.”

An estimated 80 Chinese cities are now under these quarantine restrictions, impacting hundreds of millions of people, exceeding the entire population of the United States.

Losing Control?

Beijing’s population is currently around 20 million people. The Chinese capital is one of the 11 key cities that Chinese leaders demanded be protected, even if at the expense of other cities and regions. The fact that Beijing has had to resort to quarantine measures suggests the government has failed in its earlier efforts at limiting the spread of the virus.

Several scientists suggest the Coronavirus outbreak may be unstoppable, including Nancy Messonnier, who works for the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and previously as an epidemic intelligence service officer. She was recently quoted in Bloomberg News, stating, “We are preparing as if this were the next pandemic” and reiterating that it “would be impossible” to fully contain the virus and prevent the outbreak from spreading. “Our goal is to slow this thing down.”
*Translation provided by LN’s Mark Angelides
Wow, Birdie.

Interesting post.
"Occam's razor is certain..." is an oxymoron.

What should the Trumpster do WHEN it lands here?
China is basically throwing in the towel on fighting it. They’re sending people back to work so it’s going to spread like wildfire driven by Santa Anna winds. Our only hope at this point is that we can keep it from going out of control here long enough for a vaccine to be made. 2-5 percent death rate as of now. That’s extremely high. It’s much higher in smokers.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Could you explain how "Occam's razor is certain..." is an oxymoron.
Occam's Razor is based on probability, not certainty.
This article says the Chinese are all but outright admitting that it’s a lab accidental release. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-vows-put-end-lab-leakage-pathogenic-samples
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

Perzactly.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
This article says the Chinese are all but outright admitting that it’s a lab accidental release. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-vows-put-end-lab-leakage-pathogenic-samples

Caught up in the snares of their own devices, it would appear but sadly will affect more than only them.

yeah, but who is zerohedge and why should anyone believe them?
Zerohedge is a guy with a blog who has been watching Contagin and Outbreak non-stop for the past three weeks....
Can this virus survive when body fluid dries? Aka the sneeze that carried it? Most, like Aids, cannot.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Zerohedge is a guy with a blog who has been watching Contagin and Outbreak non-stop for the past three weeks....

His piece seems well-cited to me.
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

Perzactly.

Well of course.
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Can this virus survive when body fluid dries? Aka the sneeze that carried it? Most, like Aids, cannot.

It remains active on surfaces. So if someone sneezes on the table and the table isn't properly washed. You come along and touch the table, then touch your face, then you self contaminated and are at risk of catching the virus. Even worse if you licked your fingers, touched your yes or picked your nose. I'm not the virus remains active when ejected onto the table.
I’m getting a bad feeling about this!
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Caught up in the snares of their own devices, it would appear but sadly will affect more than only them.

the chinese have never been concerned about widespread loss of life
15th US case confirmed in Texas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/cdc...r-quarantine-at-texas-military-base.html

Round up liebtards and send them to China?
I thot I showed youse guys.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/creator-bioweapons-act-says-coronavirus-biological-warfare-weapon

I hope your ass get's it first.

yeah, but who is zerohedge and why should anyone believe them?

He's then only guy on the internet less credible than Alex Jones.
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

I have a chart in an email that professes that the virus can survive for 7 days on many surfaces. Some of the reason it is so contagious. I can go looking for the chart if you really want it.

I think it was sent by a cousin who is a germaphobe discussing everclear or bleach as the best anti virus.
Have they stopped all movement of those giant container ships running from China to the corners of the globe, nose to tail, never stopping? HMM?
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Have they stopped all movement of those giant container ships running from China to the corners of the globe, nose to tail, never stopping? HMM?

No. That would be about the least likely way for it to spread however. Simply sending contagious people around the globe on airplanes is more than enough.
Hmmm.....has a decidedly Kosher smell to it.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by cuznguido

No. That would be about the least likely way for it to spread however. Simply sending contagious people around the globe on airplanes is more than enough.

Kind of like the NBC crew that slipped out of the case zero city before the first case showed up in the U.S.?
© 24hourcampfire