Home
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
He's at Ft. Hood Killeen at the moment. He was in NC a couple of weeks ago doing some training and broke his leg. Needed help moving so drove about 3 hours with truck and trailer to help. Good kid with his head on straight. Combat medic with a tanker unit. I'm a very lucky man to have such a good kid and I will drop anything I'm doing anytime at all to help him. Don't know where he's going next. Where are your over grown rug rats in the military?
Congrats on a fine young man.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20

Have a younger bud in TX @ Lackland AFB now........

In flight training to fly the Big Birds...........

His Dad is on 24 HR too.......

He talked me out of two of my finer collectable Marlin rifles.......... grin
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20

Congrats on your boy.......

I have three daughters............
Thanks for your sons's service. My boy is at Eglin AFB. I'm going to see him in a few weeks.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Thank him for me.
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1
Thanks for your sons's service. My boy is at Eglin AFB. I'm going to see him in a few weeks.

Enjoy! And thanks to him as well
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
I'll be traveling to my son's retirement and change of command ceremony in March. Army NG, 23 years IIRC.

He's looking forward to having more free time to shoot.

Paul
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Thank him for his service and congratulations on raising a fine man.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Son is crewing 16's in the sandbox. Been in for 9. Committed for 12. Hoping he stays for 20. Proud of him, more than he will know.
Posted By: scoony Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Youngest son is a Captain in the medical support field. He is an environmental health science engineer. recently finished a tour in Afghanistan and is currently stationed in MD.

Daughter is married to an MI officer just finishing up his branch detail gig in a Cavalry unit as a Scout Platoon Leader. Got his Captain bars pinned on today and getting ready to move from Colorado to Arizona for his Captains Career Course. Not sure where he is going next.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
I thank him for the service.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Son is crewing 16's in the sandbox. Been in for 9. Committed for 12. Hoping he stays for 20. Proud of him, more than he will know.

Always!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Raise kids right and they turn out good.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My oldest is in Norfolk; got transferred there from San Diego/Pendelton after his last deployment. Will be there for at least 3 years. Hull Tech, 1st Class PO. Last assignment in CA was hovercraft maintenance for the Marines.

MM
Posted By: hanco Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Thank him for his service! Mine was a Navy Corpsman, he is out now. This is his boy Jack, he is 2 1/2. He has another due in late May

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: acy Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Son is at NAS Whidby Island in Washington state.
Posted By: fortymile Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20

[Linked Image]

My boy was mentioned by Tikkanut earlier in this thread. He sent me this picture today of a low level flight in the Big Bend country of Texas. He's almost finished with SUPT (Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training) at Laughlin AFB, TX. "Drop Night" is tomorrow - he finds out what plane he will fly and what base he will go to for his first assignment after training. I live 4 miles from Travis AFB, CA. He picked C-5M, Travis AFB as his first choice on his Dream Sheet. Fingers Crossed!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
You should be very proud of the sprout. wink
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Every now and then you come across threads like this that just makes you feel good.

3 out of my pack of dogs, 2 in the Mideast and 1 spreading joy in Africa. Multiple tours for all 3.

Nephew just yesterday got turned down by the USMC. Said something wrong in the interview and was told thanks but no thanks. Hard to figure,,,that one.
Posted By: okie Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Got a son in law at Ft Irwin for two years now training NTC duty.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Saw my Son last Saturday here at the house.

He is as of the end of February retired from the U.S.Navy.

To say he is happy is an understatement.

Done his for 22 1/2 years and they cut him off at the knees.
Originally Posted by plainsman456

God bless and thanks. Congrats as well!
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My youngest daughter has just turned 21, been in the Army for 3 years. Couple pics of her, VP Mike Pence thanking her for her service, and a pic from her last desert training.

Originally Posted by mirage243
My youngest daughter has just turned 21, been in the Army for 3 years. Couple pics of her, VP Mike Pence thanking her for her service, and a pic from her last desert training.

Beautiful!!!👍😊
Good thread guys. Prayers for our kiddos. Proud of them all. Each and every one!👍
Posted By: Dennis81082 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Thanks to all our kids for their service.

My youngest is in Okinawa, USMC and due to be re assigned soon. Hopefully stateside
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Kids like those in this thread give me hope!

Good job, one and all!
Posted By: WVGuy Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My son is stationed at Moody AFB in Valdosta, GA. He works on C130s.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
All you guys and all your kids Rock!
This is why I love this place.

America!
Posted By: k20350 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by WVGuy
My son is stationed at Moody AFB in Valdosta, GA. He works on C130s.

Friend of mine retired 2 years ago from the army as a helicopter crew chief and maintenance instructor. He has more contractor offers than he can shake a stick at. He is single and has been back to Afghanistan twice as a civilian contractor with a pile of money in his pocket when he comes home. When he gets home he spends a couple weeks with his Mom then jumps on his bike and goes where the wind takes him for a while. While he was out of the country in his downtime he worked on fixed wing training and now is getting fixed wing civilian offers here back in the states.
Posted By: RAS Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
To all of you who have children serving their nation, know this and never forget.

The apple never falls far from the tree. Thank you.
Posted By: T Bone Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Thanks all, for your and children's service.

Our oldest just completed 5 years in USMC as a DM in FAST. He was on the long gun playing over watch all over the globe. He is now using his GI Bill up at Boise State.

Second son is Army. Crew Chief on UH60 Blackhawk. They just went silent (went to work in an undisclosed location.)

My observations have been that deployments are usually toughest on Mom.

I come from a long line of military service. Dad was USAF FAC pilot, Grandpa, Navy WWII, Great grandfather Army WWI, etc.....

I signed the line with USMC, but failed my physical at MEPS, due to a spinal fracture that didn't heal correctly. Still not over that!
Posted By: jdunham Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My son is USAF and starts SERE training Monday and then spending a few months of additional training in Altus, OK before he ends up at his station, Elmendorf, Alaska. He loves it and we are extremely proud of him. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that there are as many kids from this place serving, it is good to see.
Posted By: tskin Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Proud to say my oldest grandson is a marine and currently is in California.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
To all of you with kids serving, thank them all for us and let them know how proud we are of them.
Posted By: naiche Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Oldest daughter is a lieutenant in the navy currently on shore tour after her last deployment as a ship's navigator.
Posted By: naiche Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Oldest daughter is a lieutenant in the navy currently on shore tour after her last deployment as a ship's navigator.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
25 YO son is serving 5th year
Posted By: Lacy1 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My middle son is in the Air Force and currently at Shepard in Wichita Falls, TX
Great news is he will be coming home for visit next week.
On his way toward flying C 17s
He came to me when he was 10 and told me he wanted to fly planes.
He earned his private pilot’s in high school.
Extremely proud of him.
The fine young man on the right served six years as a enlisted man then went to OCS and became a Surface Warfare Officer. At this time he is in Norfolk Va waiting for his assigned ship to get back to port. Another tin can sailor in the family. Our family has a long line of Navy and Marine service but he is the first officer.

Posted By: renegade50 Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
He's at Ft. Hood Killeen at the moment. He was in NC a couple of weeks ago doing some training and broke his leg. Needed help moving so drove about 3 hours with truck and trailer to help. Good kid with his head on straight. Combat medic with a tanker unit. I'm a very lucky man to have such a good kid and I will drop anything I'm doing anytime at all to help him. Don't know where he's going next. Where are your over grown rug rats in the military?

Ft Carson and Ft Bragg.
Got grand dog Brady here in Tn right now.
Daughter at Carson is always playing drop off with him for 3 to 6 month periods on us.
Bout ready to tell her no more, he is grammy and grampy,s dog now.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
The fine young man on the right served six years as a enlisted man then went to OCS and became a Surface Warfare Officer. At this time he is in Norfolk Va waiting for his assigned ship to get back to port. Another tin can sailor in the family. Our family has a long line of Navy and Marine service but he is the first officer.

Great picture of great lads.. Tincan sailors are the REAL Navy. Fair winds and following seas.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
Originally Posted by plainsman456

WTH?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20

Congratulations!
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Congratulations!

Thanks,
You don't see many ensigns with that many awards on their chest.
When he was enlisted he was on a old FF. He's going to a new CG. I'm looking forward to going back to Norfolk and seeing that new CG.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Saw my boy yesterday. - 02/14/20
My son went Army National Guard and is a UH60 Crew Chief. He's back in college at the moment and contemplating dropping his package to go fly helos for the Army. He's in college to be a pilot, but wants to fly yesterday. I guess he's going to MS for his two weeks and then possibly door gunner training this summer. Since his last drill, that's all he's talked about mostly. Except for being mad the Guard messed up his GI Bill, but hopefully that's fixed now. Guard or AD, I'm proud of him either way. I don't see my youngest joining the military, but I'm proud of him as well.
© 24hourcampfire