Home
Posted By: Oldman03 Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
It's Saturday!

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend. 28 this morning, but the sun is suppose to shine again today. That will help us dry out after all the rain. Oh, I talked to a neighbor Thursday and he said we got 11 inches of rain Sunday nite thru Wednesday, of this week.

Rattlesnake is like a little kid in a candy store. We're suppose to get the new appliances for the house today..Stove, fridge, and freezer. I already picked up and installed the dishwasher.

Everyone have a great day!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Good Morning! I looked over my shoulder first to see who you waz talkin' to. I'll answer anyway. hope that wind stays calmed down, it was a fright yesterday.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
28 here also, by coinkydink. Also supposed to see a storm roll in tonight, with 2-4" of white stuff down here in the valley. Ski resorts will leap with joy just ahead of the big Presidents' Day holiday - their biggest ski day of the year. Clear sky right now, but that'll change.

Will watch the launch later today, then go out for my pre-birthday dinner with daughter #1 and family. Grandson has discovered steak, so it'll be Outback. Hope all you worker bees have a great weekend - a three-dayer for some. (Seven dayer for us retired guys.)
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
A balmy 8 degrees here this morning. I hope to hit the lake this evening for some crappie through the ice.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Howdy from Oklahoma! Windy (what else is new?) and 39 now but my coffee is hot and tasty. Instead of going out for our Valentine's dinner last evening, we cooked at home. An appetizer of fried quail legs and dinner of smoked quail, steamed Yukon Gold potatoes & broccoli chased down by a chilled white wine. It was a good and relaxing evening enjoyed by all.
It is a beautiful 48 degrees here and will be better all day. The youngest turned 9 yesterday and we broke Daddy's rule about going to the movies on a a weekend evening. The theater was packed to see "Sonic the Hedgehog". I had to laugh as the main human character was a small town Montana cop who yearned to be a San Francisco police man. I am a San Francisco policeman who yearns to get out of here and never go back!

The girls are happy and I will be reloading some 45-70 and 45 acp and 45 Colt.

Life is Good!
Sig, where are in in Oklahoma? I spent late February, till mid May in the state back in 64 at Fort Sill.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
5F here, nice crisp sunny day. I want to take my wife to a shopping town pretty far away, so as soon as she is ready, it will be coffee and cruise time.
We will go to lunch is a really nice inn from the 1700s and we have french onion soup and a nice sandwich in front of a huge open fireplace. Neat winter trip.
Tomorrow will be trail camera hiking with my good friend. It will be a bit warmer, but I actually like hiking at 0. At least it will be below 10 in the mountains. I think we will hike, then make a fire and cook up some steaks.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Randy,

Good morning... like to hear the house is coming along.. I bet Jo will be happy to be getting new kitchen stuff... women always like that sort of stuff...11 inches of rain in 3 or 4 days.... that is even more than we see here during winter.. over on the coast tho, they see stuff like that a lot...but that is why I don't live over on the coast, even tho I love it over there...

will be working on the house myself this week end.. lot simpler stuff than you dealing with... but since I am clueless about most of this sort of stuff.. I'll probably be either working harder than you, or bitching about it all a lot more than you would...

We have storm blowing in this afternoon, so I'm hoping to play hookey for a while and scoot over to the range, and let a few 223 rounds fly down range.. working up loads for spring varmints of ground squirrels...

for those around the property, I'm going to be going after them with a 410 this spring, instead of a 10/22.. killed a lot of them last year, but there still were a big bunch running loose....got one of my cars over at the college, that we are doing a ton of rewiring on it, due to damage the damn sage rats did to the wiring last summer...most of that was in the engine bay.. pretty depressing when you lift the hood to check the oil before going somewhere, only to see a rat on top of the engine the size of a good sized kitten/.. a running engine does seem to scare them out of there, when the jump down into the lower engine bay...cooked one in there last summer also...from a running engine...

I need to get a cat or rat terrier....

back on topic.. have a great weekend down your way, and enjoy the sunshine... give our best to Jo..

cheers and best regards...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Mornin' Randy!

Balmy 46 here this morning. Still dry...

You fellers have a good one!
Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
46 here in Houston, hungover, fixing to clock in. We saw Wade Bowen last night, he was fabulous
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sig, where are in in Oklahoma? I spent late February, till mid May in the state back in 64 at Fort Sill.

I was raised about 40 miles east of Ft. Sill, in Marlow and Duncan. I live in Edmond now.

I was a resident of Ft Still.. where nothing ever happens.... back in the winter of 75.....for 8 weeks...

Then got to move to lovely Ft Sam at San Anton for 8 more weeks...that was a big social improvement over Lawton OK.
If the world was to receive an enema, Lawton would be the insertion point. Good morning John. It is still a bucket list item for me to come out and shoot ground squirrels with you.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Already 35 here today, much better than the 2 degrees yesterday morning! Sunshine and warm forecasted for the next few days.

Headed over to Lawrence this morning to watch my Jayhawks put in on Oklahoma. Rock Chalk!
I'm not sure if I ever did get all that red dirt washed off my back. laugh

We would hear artillery in Marlow as the 105's roared and crews practiced on Sill's live fire range.
Fort Leonard Wood made Fort Still look very nice.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
42 degrees and dry for the moment. Supposed to get some more rain today. Not that cold so no complaints.

Headed to Cabela's to pick up a Savage 12FV in 308. Any maybe some blended turkey loads. Taking the whole crew so no dull moments
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
If the world was to receive an enema, Lawton would be the insertion point. Good morning John. It is still a bucket list item for me to come out and shoot ground squirrels with you.

The lights are always on for ya Cliff.. and the ground squirrels and plentiful, even if unwilling .. but calling them RATS is more fufilling....wasted an early one over at the range the other day.. exploded him like a balloon... the remains were gone the next day.. either coyote or owl or hawk... finished him off... 40 grain V Max at hornet velocity..
Posted By: flagstaff Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
25 outside right now

We gotta run to town and do our usual errands

Hope to take the Rhino in to the National Forest behind the house and see if we can find any elk. Saw elk track yesterday but all we saw was mule deer.
A balmy 25 with a windchill of 17 degrees this morning. I thought about going to the range but its too cold for me to sit still. smile
Fort Leonard Wood made Fort Still look very nice.

My son is there.

We would hear artillery in Marlow as the 105's roared and crews practiced on Sill's live fire range.

When we were on the rifle training range, we use to hear those shells flying over head....

we had them fall short at times... one fell short one day and hit a bus that had taken some of us out to the range..
the bus hit was the one I had rode out in....Typical Army, instead of sending out another bus or cattle car to pick us up..
they had us field march 15 miles back to the barracks area....

I wore out two pairs of combat boots at Ft Still in 8 weeks....they had to issue me two new pair when I got to Ft Sam...

did a lot of pushups also... after 8 weeks, I know Oklahoma was 50 ft closer to hell....than it had been when we got there..

But you got Lawton all wrong Cliff.. if you think Lawton really sucks.. you evidently have never been to New Jersey...
Originally Posted by Seafire

The lights are always on for ya Cliff.. and the ground squirrels and plentiful, even if unwilling .. but calling them RATS is more fufilling....wasted an early one over at the range the other day.. exploded him like a balloon... the remains were gone the next day.. either coyote or owl or hawk... finished him off... 40 grain V Max at hornet velocity..

Thank you my friend. What month would be best for me to come?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Good morning Randy! Have a great day!
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Good morning. 30 degrees here and just starting to snow big fluffy flakes.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Mornin',

Good times are gonna be had at Oldmans house. Oldman gonna be gettin' fat...............
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Seafire, a buddy and I used to shoot a ground squirrel field every Spring that we called "The Two-Brick Field." It was about 100 yards by 300, and we walked it the long way. We'd shoot 10 ground squirrels, take a few steps, reload and shoot 10 more. Repeat until we'd walked the length of the field, or burned through one brick of .22LR. Then turn around and repeat, going back. 2,000 shots, hardly any misses. And when we got back to the truck, the field would look like it was moving there were still so many squirrels. I don't know how or if the owner ever got any crop out of that field, but I doubt he did.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Good Morning Randy, and thanks for the greeting. At 6AM it was a sunny 32 degrees here and will get up past 60 for much of the day. That's fortunate because I have a big load of stuff to move off a loaded trailer and into new spaces and some of it is heavy/bulky shelving - and will be doing it alone. Need to pace this day.

I hope that your new appliances turn out to be a blessing and the best for Jo and you.
Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning Gentlemen - 02/15/20
Wade Bowen from last night.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image url host
© 24hourcampfire