Home
Posted By: CEoW717 Someone buy this friggin Tahr - 02/18/20
Long story short I was at an auction where my friends father had passed away and I ended up buying a bunch of mounts because I thought they should bring more and I kinda felt for her. So I’ve got this, a Kudu European Mount, an Eland, Heartbeest and a Wildebeest and she still has more. Anyone interested??

I know this isn’t classifieds but this gets way more traffic and I thought you guys might cut me a break.

Tahr $900
Eland $450
Kudu $250
Wildebeest $450
Heartbeest $450

Attached picture C13ACBE5-5E0B-4A73-8068-C56C397E0966.jpeg
Attached picture 972E21F0-2DAD-4EF1-A5E1-3484C1B538AE.jpeg
Attached picture C26F85E2-468C-4D11-BC43-E6FB1A444ED5.jpeg
Attached picture E58E9C2E-05F1-451C-9FE6-33FCE8E8D1D2.jpeg
Attached picture 374FA8E0-0030-4E44-A7CC-E918186A0C63.jpeg
Post the sheit in the classifieds knucklehead
Looks like some people don't want to cut anyone a break.
CEo, good on ya for helping out a friend.

Hope they sell.

Classifieds or not.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Post the sheit in the classifieds knucklehead

I did that, friend.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
CEo, good on ya for helping out a friend.

Hope they sell.

Classifieds or not.

Thank you. She wasn’t left with much so I gave what I could but really have no use or space for these. They’re just in my storage unit.
Please?
Good luck, you did a good thing.
Taxidermy dont hold alot of $ value beyond what the person that had it done thinks it worth.
Memory of the hunt and the cost of preserving it basically.

Buyers of it usually scoff at paying the price it cost to have it done from the original owner versus the price they would pay.

Usually purchased for 1/4th to 1/3rd of its cost to have done.

But desirable dangerous game animals can bring good prices.

All JMO.
Any local lodges that might be interested? Trading posts? Hotels or restaurants? Maybe check with some local interior designers? Just spitballing here to try and help you out.
Overnighted on the Oregon coast where there was a massive and well done water buffalo handing on the foyer wall. When I asked the manager/owner about bringing it to hand, his reply was is came with the place when he bought it last year. Probably could have made an offer and brought it home.
The true value of a head is limited to the person who shoots it. After that, unless you can find someone who wants a wall hanging, it can become a major liability for a widow or kids. While you might have spent the cost of a new car for your mounts, most times your widow would rather have the car than the heads. For just that reason, I have some DIY antlers on the wall but I haven't spent any money having anything mounted.
Had an interior designer attempt to purchase my bear mount from my taxidermist before it was delivered. She badgered him so much he contacted me to see if I would sell it for more than the mounting cost. I've given a mount away, never have sold one.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Any local lodges that might be interested? Trading posts? Hotels or restaurants? Maybe check with some local interior designers? Just spitballing here to try and help you out.

You may also be able to donate them and take a much higher tax deduction. Shooting ranges, outdoor clubs, NRA or GOA, and a dozen others.

You may also be able to donate them and take a much higher tax deduction. Shooting ranges, outdoor clubs, NRA or GOA, and a dozen others.

Exactly what I first thought if the don't sell.

Wildlife dept at the University I attended had a bunch of non-North American game heads on the walls. Might be a place to donate them to for the tax break?

Geno
Someone buy this friggin Tahr

I had a flat Tahr...

But went to Discount Tahr and bought a new one.

laugh
I kinda like euro mounts.
Cheaper and take up way less space.
Last yrs buck was done that way, got yelled at for not getting a shoulder mount.
Can't ever win.
I know they don’t hold value at all. I paid probably 1/4 of what they originally went for. Apparently everything is looking for big American game and not so much African or exotics. Donating them might not be a terrible idea as the man who on them was involved in 4H and a lot of hunters safety programs. Truthfully I don’t need the money I just wish someone was enjoying them.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Overnighted on the Oregon coast where there was a massive and well done water buffalo handing on the foyer wall. When I asked the manager/owner about bringing it to hand, his reply was is came with the place when he bought it last year. Probably could have made an offer and brought it home.

I’ve got a Water Buffalo and a Sable as well.
Originally Posted by hookeye
I kinda like euro mounts.
Cheaper and take up way less space.
Last yrs buck was done that way, got yelled at for not getting a shoulder mount.
Can't ever win.

Agreed.
Did both my buck last year and my boy’s first buck as Euros. Had a hog skull done last year as well that came in right before the boy and I left for OH this season.
He shot a nice, wide 10 pt and he texted pics to mom. She sent a quick response..........please, not another Euro. Apparently she’s rather have shoulder mounts in the house.
All mounts sold to ALrifleman. Thank you!
Glad you sold them!
Originally Posted by hanco
Glad you sold them!

Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire