Home
Posted By: IndyCA35 The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20
Trey Gowdy, a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a
question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from
joining the U.S. armed forces. As Trey typically does so very well,
he nailed it rather succinctly

Question: How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S
citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned
transgenders from joining the military? Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response:

"Nobody has a right to serve in the Military. Nobody! What makes you
people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? It is
very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few"

"The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny
citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too
skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet,
or for missing or additional fingers." he went
on to explain: "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as
well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back?
Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage?

Hear voices in your head? Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a
special access ramp for your wheelchair?"

"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the
required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse
to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial"

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a
distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream, "That isn't
Fair!" War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being
special or challenged or socially wonderful."

"YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other
way around."

"I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change
yourself. The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking
advantage of others and about winning.

The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues.
The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe - PERIOD!"

"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from
readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in
future endeavors."

"..any other questions?
Excellent. And business owners should be able to substitute "my business" in for "the military."
OOH RAAH!
Is there a link or a YouTube clip of this? Would be gold to hear it from on video.
[s][/s]I have been a Trey Gowdy fan for a long time. I hope he sticks around. This country needs him.
What's Gowdy say about the real elephant in the room, separate standards for women.

Nothing? That's what I thought.
Posted By: gunzo Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20
A wonderful explanation!!

Same for females in combat zones IMO, different accommodations required that simply take efforts away from the more important stuff.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is there a link or a YouTube clip of this? Would be gold to hear it from on video.

The problem with doing a youtube search is you get all the garbage the commies want you to see up front.

He said that a while back on either Tucker or Hannity.
That is OUTstanding!!!

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
What's Gowdy say about the real elephant in the room, separate standards for women.

WTH are you talking about?? A LOT of females in the miltary... A LOT - and they do a damn good job...

When did YOU serve, if I may ask?
Posted By: old70 Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20

Because with the new physical fitness test and the lifting of the ban on women serving in combat arms branches, there are effectively no separate standards. If a female Soldier can meet the standards of the MOS, she can serve. But I’ve only been serving for 32 years, and am retiring as a senior field grade officer so what do I know?

Old70
Originally Posted by local_dirt

The problem with doing a youtube search is you get all the garbage the commies want you to see up front.

The whole internet is like that seems now.

15 years ago, you could data mine even the most obscure items of interest. And I don’t mean that in any perverted sense.

I was looking for some radial ice accretion data on previous catastrophic ice storms for a research presentation. Took me a little bit, but I found the data, associated reports, weather maps, all from different sources too. Booleaning my way around fluff.

NOW, everything brought to you is pure garbage, endless pages of nothing. The algorithms are just wonky, only way I can articulate it.
Originally Posted by Redneck
That is OUTstanding!!!

WTH are you talking about?? A LOT of females in the miltary... A LOT - and they do a damn good job...

Don't seem to hinder the IDF or the Red Army, do they?

15 years ago, you could data mine even the most obscure items of interest. And I don’t mean that in any perverted sense.

I was looking for some radial ice accretion data on previous catastrophic ice storms for a research presentation. Took me a little bit, but I found the data, associated reports, weather maps, all from different sources too. Booleaning my way around fluff.

NOW, everything brought to you is pure garbage, endless pages of nothing. The algorithms are just wonky, only way I can articulate it.

Therein lies the problem. The commies have massaged the algorithms. They're no longer straightforward or "pure".

It's probably some work to do that, actually. I would guess there's some sort of tagging or tiered ranking system. The Silicon Valley commies are pretty smart, in a devious way. Not like Nadler and Schitff.

Tucker has called them out on it frequently.
Originally Posted by old70

Because with the new physical fitness test and the lifting of the ban on women serving in combat arms branches, there are effectively no separate standards. If a female Soldier can meet the standards of the MOS, she can serve. But I’ve only been serving for 32 years, and am retiring as a senior field grade officer so what do I know?

Old70

Hey, I just threw it out there. Sometimes it sticks sometimes it doesn't.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
That is OUTstanding!!!

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work. War is no place for women. They only way they are there IS because of lower standards /
Originally Posted by jorgeI
That is OUTstanding!!!

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work. War is no place for women. They only way they are there IS because of lower standards /

Excellent. I wanted to say exactly that but don't have the bona fides. 🤣
Awesome!
That is OUTstanding!!!

For starters: Weak Link
1)Many of the smartest people on planet earth work in silicon valley.

2) Large portions of the information the used to be available for free on the internet 10-15+ year ago is now locked down and you need to pay to access it. Or it has been stripped off because of privacy and ownership rights.

Gowdy talks and slings out boob bait for bubba. But he does not act. His role is to make Republican base voters & conservatives think the Republican Party cares about them & their issues, while doing as little as possible.
Posted By: badger Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20

Hey Dipscheidt,

My daughter was a missilier at Ft. Warren. She served with distinction as a MAF crew member, was commended by the Base CO twice for writing addendums to the training manuals which were adopted at Ft. Warren, and made Captain before her 5 years of service was up.

What exactly did you do in the Service?
Posted By: OAM Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by badger

Hey Dipscheidt,

My daughter was a missilier at Ft. Warren. She served with distinction as a MAF crew member, was commended by the Base CO twice for writing addendums to the training manuals which were adopted at Ft. Warren, and made Captain before her 5 years of service was up.

HUAH!!!!!
That is OUTstanding!!!

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work.

Link?
That is OUTstanding!!!

Sure it did. The Soviets told us not to do it and so did the Israelis. Both tried it and realize it did not work.

Link?

Link to what? Let's just say I was there. It was the (in)famous DACOWITS conference. I was also part of the Women In The Navy Study Group and as a Fellow at RAND, I did a lot of my research on the topic. I also did seven deployments on aircraft carriers, five all male, two mixed (including as carrier XO). I was also Chief OF Staff at a training wing and my last tour was as Director of Aviation Training for the US Navy. You'll just have to take my word for it...

HINT: There are ZERO females in either Israeli or Russian direct combat MOS and NONE in the IAF TACAIR....

Hey Dipscheidt,

So she wasn't in combat arms, but instead read and rewrote pamphlets for her 'service'? How much can she lift? How much can she carry over distance? What's her 100M time? 2 mile? Let alone the stress factor, which being mainly emotional creatures, the vast majority of females cannot hang with even the worse of the male population. Not to dock your daughter, but females are built for different roles than brute force, and that's not a negative thing. People attempting to turn them into males fail both the individuals and the requirements.
Originally Posted by jfruser
Gowdy talks and slings out boob bait for bubba. But he does not act. His role is to make Republican base voters & conservatives think the Republican Party cares about them & their issues, while doing as little as possible.

Very good post. I like Gowdy when he talks, and occasionally forget that he and his fellow republicans do nothing to enforce the laws.
They talk the talk, but look the other way when the tv cameras aren’t on. Most of the republicans in office right now, would love to get Trump out, and back to business as usual. Many of them are Deepstate or crooked themselves. Don’t be fooled by an (R) after their name. Do your homework if you’re planning on voting.
7mm
Average promotion rate to 0-3 across DoD is about year four and a 90% promotion rate....

Complete and utter agreement with you.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Complete and utter agreement with you.

Shouldn't the military be the one to decide then, rather than people who never served?
That is OUTstanding!!!

Have said this before, and say it again. Combat is not....I repeat, NOT the place for wenches. Putting them there is sufficiently stupid that it makes Alfred E Neuman look brilliant. Or even Pelosi...
That is OUTstanding!!!

Have said this before, and say it again. Combat is not....I repeat, NOT the place for wenches. Putting them there is sufficiently stupid that it makes Alfred E Neuman look brilliant. Or even Pelosi...
I agree with DD. There are better places and jobs where they can contribute.
I'm a combat vet and I know a few women in the service that are ride or die. I never patrolled with one though. But I would.
Posted By: badger Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/18/20
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

Hey Dipscheidt,

So she wasn't in combat arms, but instead read and rewrote pamphlets for her 'service'? How much can she lift? How much can she carry over distance? What's her 100M time? 2 mile? Let alone the stress factor, which being mainly emotional creatures, the vast majority of females cannot hang with even the worse of the male population. Not to dock your daughter, but females are built for different roles than brute force, and that's not a negative thing. People attempting to turn them into males fail both the individuals and the requirements.

She did a hell of a lot more than that. Do you know what a MAF alert crew does? Do you have any idea what the physical and mental requirements for MAF crew members are? Again, what is your experience in the Service? Maybe you should do a little homework before showing your azz.

Hey Dipscheidt,

She did a hell of a lot more than that. Do you know what a MAF alert crew does? Do you have any idea what the physical and mental requirements for MAF crew members are? Again, what is your experience in the Service? Maybe you should do a little homework before showing your azz.

Let it go. The only one thats bothered by somebody mocking another person that served when they didnt is you. Its like the drunk guy sitting on the couch watching boxing and saying "I could have knocked him out". If he hasnt ever been in the fight then why respond? Just be proud...
Posted By: jnyork Re: The Purpose of the Military - 02/19/20
Hey, Mr Badger, congratulations to you on raising a fine daughter, you can be rightfully proud of her and of her service to her country.

As to the others , Mark Twain said "Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent". Very appropriate here.

Hey Dipscheidt,

HAHA, just saw this, so allow me to respond.

I only know of what you stated, is it my fault that you only profiled your daughter's rewriting capability? You are correct that I do not know what a MAF crew does, nor what their physical, mental or emotional requirements are, but it doesn't matter. I haven't yet served in any capacity, but I still have at least 7 years, so give me time... I'll still probably best your daughter... :P

All joking aside, I could care less what the requirements were for your daughter, as surely the majority of men could do it better, and that is my only point. Women are not built for intelligence, nor strength... They are built for comfort and proliferation. The fact that we allow so many women to overstep more capable men for the sake of having a vagina is disgusting, and reprehensible. As if only to articulate the point of why the West is falling. Have you ever heard of the comedy called 'Assemblywomen'?

Thankfully now that transgender women are entering society can we all be equal again.... ROFLMAO!
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/05/20
I don't get why so many women want to be men.

I was discussing this with my daughter the other night. I asked her if she really felt like she was capable of killing someone with her bare hands. I also asked her if she remembered that time a bunch of women formed an army, raided a city, killed all the women in the city, then kidnapped the men to rape them. laugh
Separate standards? Oh, my!

It’s not like they are a different gender with different physical strengths and weaknesses. Why wouldn’t they have different standards?

They are still expected to perform at the top of their capabilities, but same “standard,” whatever that means, no thanks.

Let’s treat everyone the same, except, of course, as noted by Mr. Gowdy.

What’s next, throw out the ASVAB because it’s used to set different standards?

Women make up the majority of the population, and a population that increasingly has not enough males who want to volunteer for the hardships of military duty.

Embrace the concept of women in the military and start thinking about how to help them to be successful, ‘cause we’re not going back to an all male military EVER.

Do you mean like the Battalions of Kurd women who regularly route the ISIS fighters they face?

Most enemy who are killed (I forget the statistic, but think the number is in the range of 99%-99.5%) are killed kinetically. Very few are killed in hand to had combat. So why are you asking her if she’s willing to kill someone with her bare hands? Is that relevant to any service?

And, we don’t kill all the men anymore and rape the women, so what does your comment have to do at all with modern warfare?

Originally Posted by Tyrone
I also asked her if she remembered that time a bunch of women formed an army, raided a city and killed all the women.....

Originally Posted by David_Walter
Do you mean like the Battalions of Kurd women who regularly route the ISIS fighters they face?
Last ditch is not any indication of fitness. How do you know they "regularly route the ISIS fighters they face"? Sounds like BS PC legend to me. I'm sure they do win a few with help from some men. Do you think these women would fight at all if their very homes weren't under attack? If the cost of losing wasn't rape & torture?

Most enemy who are killed (I forget the statistic, but think the number is in the range of 99%-99.5%) are killed kinetically. Very few are killed in hand to had combat. So why are you asking her if she’s willing to kill someone with her bare hands? Is that relevant to any service?
It's about mindset. I don't think most women would be able to ice a 12 yo girl running ammo to a mortar crew. I don't think most of us would want to live in a society where the women were comfortable killing 12 yo girls.

And, we don’t kill all the men anymore and rape the women, so what does your comment have to do at all with modern warfare?
Who's "we"? You are only speaking for yourself.

I also asked her if she remembered that time a bunch of women formed an army, raided a city and killed all the women.....

The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny 
citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too 
skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet,
or for missing or additional fingers." he went 
on to explain: "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as 
well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back? 
Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? 

Hear voices in your head? Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a 
special access ramp for your wheelchair?" 

"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the 
required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse 
to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial" 

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a 
distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream, "That isn't 
Fair!" War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being 
special or challenged or socially wonderful." 

LOL!!!!

Go to college and get an art degree or something...

Your PDQ,d buttercup......
Permanently Disfugging Qualified.

LOL!!!
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Embrace the concept of women in the military and start thinking about how to help them to be successful, ‘cause we’re not going back to an all male military EVER.

For the love of Pete, is that statement ridiculous.

The bottom line is that we are rich and powerful enough that we can afford women in the military(1). Same way we can afford to transpo bottled water to the middle of A-stan instead of relying on local water sources. Same way we can afford worthless & seemingly unending PC briefings to new recruits instead of combat training. Same way we can afford to start up billion dollar programs to replace aging gear and then abandon the program & flush the $billions. We have so much money we can get away with pi$$ing it away by the billions.

We can afford such wasteful extravagances TODAY. When we get less rich and our power wanes, damnfool notions that are costly and ineffective get tossed or kill the organization & country.

(1) In roles for which they are ill-suited/sub-optimal, etc.
Posted By: Huntz Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/05/20
Separate standards? Oh, my!

It’s not like they are a different gender with different physical strengths and weaknesses. Why wouldn’t they have different standards?

They are still expected to perform at the top of their capabilities, but same “standard,” whatever that means, no thanks.

Let’s treat everyone the same, except, of course, as noted by Mr. Gowdy.

What’s next, throw out the ASVAB because it’s used to set different standards?

Women make up the majority of the population, and a population that increasingly has not enough males who want to volunteer for the hardships of military duty.

^^^^^^^
This
At least some women want to serve their country.They are needed to take the place of the American men who are puzzies. I could really care less about what their motives are.I will never badmouth any American citizen in uniform.I see
quite a few women at my local VA with missing appendages.They were willing to sacrifice for us.They are much better people then some of the posters here who are so insecure in their manhood they need to cut down those who serve.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

If we ever go to war against Israel, I'm going to claim to be Moslem and take those girls prisoner! laugh
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

Very good post. I like Gowdy when he talks, and occasionally forget that he and his fellow republicans do nothing to enforce the laws.
They talk the talk, but look the other way when the tv cameras aren’t on. Most of the republicans in office right now, would love to get Trump out, and back to business as usual. Many of them are Deepstate or crooked themselves. Don’t be fooled by an (R) after their name. Do your homework if you’re planning on voting.
7mm

It is the Justice Department that enforces the laws and puts people in prison, not Congress. Your forgetting that we depended on the Obama administration to put people in prison and Obama protected his criminals from prosecution.
I guess since children have been used as warriors, we ought to use 10 year olds too. Heck, a 14 yo won a Medal of Honor! *That* makes it right! /sarc
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

7mm

It is the Justice Department that enforces the laws and puts people in prison, not Congress. Your forgetting that we depended on the Obama administration to put people in prison and Obama protected his criminals from prosecution.

YOU'RE forgetting that Gowdy also served two years in the House with Trump as POTUS. That would be the TRUMP administration. Gowdy is a worthless gum-flapper whose mission is to keep the GOP base voters (AKA, "normal Americans") fooled into thinking the GOP gives a rip about them or their issues.

I am sure Gowdy took all those notes of his he made during Obama's administration and got them right on over to Trump's justice dept...or not.

Maybe Gowdy was too busy providing cover for the Mueller RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA investigation/coverup:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/02/gowdy-trump-spygate-theory-617948
Gowdy insisted that the FBI did not, in fact, plant a spy in the Trump camp for political purposes. Rather, he said, the FBI appropriately deployed an informant to glean intelligence from members on the outer edge of Trump’s campaign. The FBI had received troubling evidence that those individuals had suspect ties to Russia, and the bureau had been obligated to pursue those legitimate leads, Gowdy said. The briefing, for only a select group of nine senior lawmakers of both parties, only bolstered his position, he said. “I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got — and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said in the interview.

Boob bait for Bubba works, apparently.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/05/20

True statement, same for homos, but at least give some credibility to a lot of us who've served, with and without and formed our opinions based on facts. They HAVE been helped to be successful and the method was lower standards. Ever is a long time. Hopefully, we won't get into another IWO Jima, Bataan, Corregidor, Bulge, Khe Sanh or Fallujah moment....

I served in Iraq in 2003 to 2004. My unit was a GunTruck company guarding convoys all over Iraq.

we had 23 women in our outfit. We would send out Gun Trucks to guard as many as 5 convoys per day. Some one day some up to 5 days

we had 18 M2, 7 Mk19, and 19 M249 in the unit. I turned in one report to Bn where we expended 12,000 rounds in a week. The 20 ladies that went on those

convoys knew they were going to get shot at before they left the camp. None ever refused to go. Every single one did there job.
That is OUTstanding!!!

I seem to recall Russia’s women snipers being praised to near Sainthood during and after WW II.
I also seem to recall some damned deadly women who wore black pajamas.
The purpose of the military according to Rush Limbaugh,,,is to tear up stuff and kill people.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/06/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That is OUTstanding!!!

I seem to recall Russia’s women snipers being praised to near Sainthood during and after WW II.

One was particularly effective. IT was WWI and they were fighting for survival. After WWII, the practice was discontinued . Even when the Soviets were our sworn enemies, they told us not to do it. Same as the Israelis.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That is OUTstanding!!!

One was particularly effective. IT was WWI and they were fighting for survival. After WWII, the practice was discontinued . Even when the Soviets were our sworn enemies, they told us not to do it. Same as the Israelis.

Some WW II Germans might disagree with you.
As I recall in any war you’re fighting for survival.

True statement, same for homos, but at least give some credibility to a lot of us who've served, with and without and formed our opinions based on facts. They HAVE been helped to be successful and the method was lower standards. Ever is a long time. Hopefully, we won't get into another IWO Jima, Bataan, Corregidor, Bulge, Khe Sanh or Fallujah moment....

Women have been in the U.S. Military since the Civil War. Over 26 years of service in the Marines and Navy I have served with some female Marines and Sailors who did a good job in the medical, administrative, and other "in the rear with the gear" MOS/Rates. Their service in those non-combat arms billets frees up male warriors to do the heavy lifting in combat arms. Women have no business being on Naval vessels. They totally disrupt the berthing and shower/head use for all male members.

Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/06/20
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Women have been in the U.S. Military since the Civil War. Over 26 years of service in the Marines and Navy I have served with some female Marines and Sailors who did a good job in the medical, administrative, and other "in the rear with the gear" MOS/Rates. Their service in those non-combat arms billets frees up male warriors to do the heavy lifting in combat arms. Women have no business being on Naval vessels. They totally disrupt the berthing and shower/head use for all male members.

You've obviously been there and not just read books about female snipers at Stalingrad...
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The Purpose of the Military - 03/06/20
You've obviously been there and not just read books about female snipers at Stalingrad...
They wouldn't puff those stories up to sell a book!
smirk
They wouldn't puff those stories up to sell a book!
smirk

Nor put it on The History Channel and on the Military Channel.
© 24hourcampfire