Home
Posted By: luv2safari Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
Tell me about the town and country surrounding it. I once had houses in Libby MT and Bayview ID and know the country generally, but some current first hand knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
Well, they’ve got a legitimate Mexican restaurant (er, Guatemalan? Honduran?), and you’d be that much closer to the north 40 in Ponderay. Plus, bonner’s gun shows are small, quality affairs with lunch catered by a local community group with homemade pies. Priorities, man; got you covered.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
Hello, and how are things in Libby?

We had to sell the Bayview ID house and miss that north country. We're looking for a cheapie-teepie somewhere in the area, maybe a lot with power etc to park a travel trailer during the summers.

Regards,
Bruce
Posted By: ribka Re: Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
Shame you had to sell the Bayview property

I olive south of Bonners Ferry now

Great country
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
It broke my heart to sell it. My life long dream was a house by a lake. It took me 6 minutes from my front door to step onto my boat, but that was at a cost. I have friends in Bayview and in Libby, so Bonners would be a good place in the middle.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Bonners Ferry ID - 02/18/20
We never lived there but did visit. We planned on staying 2 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks. I thinks it is one of the best small towns in the country, has all the essentials and a restaurant that serves pork chops and fried chicken together! We hiked and explored every day and didn't make a dent in the available opportunities.
Our time there was in early September so someone else will know what winters are like. Everyone we encountered was very friendly. Lots of wolves and bears there as a bonusgrin

mike r
© 24hourcampfire