Home
From Car and Driver
Boston Kids Steal Two Lamborghinis from Dealership

Some teenagers sharing a poorly planned moment of temptation have been implicated in a smash-and-steal incident at Lamborghini of Boston.
The teens stole a pair of Lamborghinis—but they were both Urus SUVs.
The Lambos were both recovered, much the worse for wear after crashing into each other.
At around 3 a.m. on Monday night, February 17, officers from the Wayland Police Department, outside Boston, responded to a commercial burglar alarm. It was at the friendly local Lamborghini dealership, Lamborghini of Boston.

Before the first cop even got to the dealership, he saw something that immediately raised suspicion: there, at an intersection, stopped side by side, were two Lamborghini Uruses and a white Chevy Cruze. Possibly figuring that nobody with a Urus knows anybody who drives a Cruze, he lit up the blues to pull everyone over. One out of three drivers obliged.
As you may have guessed, the occupants of the Cruze were arrested right there. Described in the police report as juveniles, neither of the two youths had a driver's license or "authority to operate the vehicle in their possession." Their friends in the 641-hp Lambos booked it down Route 20 and got away—temporarily.
Back at the dealership, other officers discovered a premeditated, technically sophisticated break-in signifying high-level criminal masterminds. No, not really. The front window was smashed in. From there, the Urus desirers simply grabbed keys and hit the street.
They didn't go far. At 8 a.m., the police department in Malden, about 20 miles away, got in touch with the Wayland PD to let them know they recovered the Uruses, along with one of the thieves, another juvie. The morning joy ride ended as stolen-Lambo joyrides so often do, with the two purloined bovines of Sant'Agata Bolognese crashing into each other. One of the drivers got away on foot and is currently wondering how loyal his friends are.

All's well that ends with minor property damage, but we foresee someone's definitely getting grounded. The thieves have to be wallowing in regret right now. Not because their plan didn't pan out—we're guessing the plan went no further than "steal cars and drive to Malden"—but because they missed some much tastier hardware right there at that very dealership. They may have stolen two Uruses, but they whiffed on the 918 Spyder.
Good grief we kept the keys to our school buses and tractors in a locked wall box overnight during maintenance at our garage complex
If you’re going to steal a car, might as well steal a good one.
Originally Posted by dale06

For sure!
Originally Posted by dale06

Yep. Better hanged for a sheep than a lamb. grin

L.W.
Name the quote

“Let me get my tool”

“Kip that’s not a tool, that’s a damn brick man”
Anyone know at what $ value one crosses into Grand Theft Auto? Or what half the threshold is I suppose.
Is there a category called grand theft expensive auto?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Good grief we kept the keys to our school buses and tractors in a locked wall box overnight during maintenance at our garage complex

Damn,
most tractors around here have the keys in the switch.
And they aren't locked up. In a garage complex?
Tractors?
Originally Posted by CEoW717
Name the quote

“Let me get my tool”

Gone in 60 Seconds...........the one with Nicolas Cage
Originally Posted by k20350
Name the quote

“Let me get my tool”

Opening scene Porsche theft.

Yep. Better hanged for a sheep than a lamb.

Either way it's baad
Originally Posted by k20350
Name the quote

“Let me get my tool”

Nailed it
© 24hourcampfire