Home
That is fair enough, just tell me, what do you see that makes a good sermon?
Shocking, another Religious thread from Wabs...

Rick, can Wabi have his own sub-category for Religion???.....Please ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Rick tried that before a long while back and the Chr*stians turned into ravenous beast upon each other.
Thanks for showing interest men. Of course that is not my quote. Just asking.
Often I wonder if people read the original post or just start typing.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Often I wonder if people read the original post or just start angrily typing.

fixt it for you Rich.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

The ones that quickly puts many people to sleep so they won't be brainwashed.
No idea....but I knows a good sermon when I hears one.

Watching Wabi's transformation into the Fire's number one troll has been enlightening.
Nothing wrong with what Wabbi does, He is a good example of a fine Christian man, He doesn't "Push" God upon you he just challenges you to think about it.

A good sermon "Seen" is a man that walks as closely as he can with Christ yet does not look down on one that doesn't, he instead tries to help that one walk closer to Christ.

It's a lot less effort for you to just decline to open any thread that looks preachy.

Probably lots of different approaches to this, but I'd say if you observe the golden rule at all times you've pretty much got it. Conduct yourself in such a way that everyone you come into contact with remembers it in a positive way, at least as much as it's in your hands. There are plenty of excuses for bad behavior but not so many good reasons.

There are several people here on the fire who rarely say anything regarding religion and yet it's pretty much known that they are just good people, to the extent that a mere internet conversation with them leaves one feeling better. I'd put forth our own BC30CAL as such a man. I've often been tempted to make snide remarks or belittle someone for something they've said that seems stupid to me, and then I remember Dwayne might be watching, and he'd probably be disappointed lol.
Our good friend Dwayne told me his father told him, "Dwayne you may be the only Bible some people read."

I think its a trite cliche'. Someone tells me they want to see a sermon I tell em to go watch "The Passion of the Christ".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vahi77oOsK4
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

It's a lot less effort for you to just decline to open any thread that looks preachy.

There is merit to what youโ€™re saying...But, if I donโ€™t open them, I may possibly miss the announcement of His second coming, and that would be disappointing.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Watching Wabi's transformation into the Fire's number one troll has been enlightening.

You are and always have been a hilarious dude...A beer with you one day would be cool...๐Ÿ˜Ž
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Nothing wrong with what Wabbi does, He is a good example of a fine Christian man, He doesn't "Push" God upon you he just challenges you to think about it.

A good sermon "Seen" is a man that walks as closely as he can with Christ yet does not look down on one that doesn't, he instead tries to help that one walk closer to Christ.

This!!!!!
Often I wonder if people read the original post or just start typing.

Like your note ?

Most compelling.

Just remember, I called it a long time ago.
I'd rather you stick to starting two or three religious threads a week instead of 20 or 30, surely that could contain any discussion more than adequately? JMO

The trolls is the ones that don't have the balls (or brains) ta put a concept out front for the fire ta debate.

The trolls is the ones that don't have the intelligence ta respond to the OP and its relative merits.

The trolls is the ones that just post snark in a legit thread, cause they got nothin intelligent ta add.

Better use of bandwidth would be a sub-category for butthurt pussies ta proclaim how upset they is by a intelligent thought throwed at em.
Originally Posted by Tom264

And you were wrong then too.
Most good sermons wonโ€™t get seen, because a good man does them just because they are the right thing to do; not to draw attention to himself.

And you were wrong then too.

Haha!

No kidding.
No.
You guys are just too blind and stupid to know it.

- The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.
Originally Posted by P_Weed

- The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.

Too true. I enjoy being taught but despise being lectured or preached at.

mike r
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Most good sermons wonโ€™t get seen, because a good man does them just because they are the right thing to do; not to draw attention to himself.

Yessir.
No.

You guys, you guys, you guys............LMAO!

Of course it must be someone else's fault.......
Do like Gilbert during the sermon, play with a toy pickup. laugh
Originally Posted by P_Weed

AMEN!!!
No.

He's hanging around like a whipped dog looking for attention.
Thatโ€™s funny cunnyrag.
Tell us again how mean these guys are.

Maybe you can find someone to stand behind chickenshit.
Are you as stupid as you look on your avatar.
Man if I was that stupid looking Iโ€™d be constantly punching myself in the face.
Thatโ€™s funny cunnyrag.

Surprising you'd respond like that, considering you were the douche that complained bout how Stoolhead kicked ya too hard in the pussy?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No.

He's hanging around like a whipped dog looking for attention.

He misses Steelhead...........
Nothing stops anyone from just not clicking on any thread. If you don't like something, simply move on, I do.

Some folks must like to complain, I must have a sign on my forehead, . "Rag on me". laugh
Man if I was that stupid looking Iโ€™d be constantly punching myself in the face.

Bite your tongue young man, Conrad is a damn handsome fella!

Proceed.
Nothing stops anyone from just not clicking on any thread. If you don't like something, simply move on, I do.

Some folks must like to complain, I must have a sign on my forehead, . "Rag on me". laugh

Someone always has to be the victim Wabbi.......
Man if I was that stupid looking Iโ€™d be constantly punching myself in the forehead.
No victim am I Paul, I am a blessed man.

Exactly!
This describes my friend, Dallas. We grew up together and he is one of the finest men I know.
Iโ€™m an agnostic; but if I were a Christian I would want to be a Christian like Dallas.
No victim am I Paul, I am a blessed man.

Not talking about you bud.
]We could lighten up, or pour gas on a fire.
]We could lighten up, or pour gas on a fire.

Itโ€™s your fire. As you wish, Wabi.

Wabs,
I apologize for jackknifing your thread in the very beginning...I still think it would be nice of Rick to make a sub forum for religion since itโ€™s a viable topic that generates 20-30 pages.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Wabs,
I apologize for jackknifing your thread in the very beginning...I still think it would be nice of Rick to make a sub forum for religion since itโ€™s a viable topic that generates 20-30 pages.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Beav, you may not have been around in the past days of

Chr*st at the Campfire thread?
Thank you Paul, I watched it all, a bit on the dark side.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Wabs,

๐Ÿ˜Ž

I mustโ€™ve missed it...Sounds like a bonfire. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
As sad as I am typing on this forum, I'd be scared half to death getting behind a pulpit and having to give a real sermon. The pot roast would not burn that morning. laugh

Wabs,

๐Ÿ˜Ž

I mustโ€™ve missed it...Sounds like a bonfire. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Twas a forest fire, unquenchable, too.
You good folks will have to carry on without me, I need my sleep. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
Do like Gilbert during the sermon, play with a toy pickup. laugh

Wow that brought me a flashback that must be about 38 years old! I don't know how old I was, but had to be under 5 I'm sure, and we went to church twice on Sundays and also on Wednesday night. I absolutely hated it. From my first memory of church, I hated going. I was completely content playing outside at home and then had to stop, put on uncomfortable clothes and go try to sit still for a hour or two. Terrible. BUT, sometimes I was allowed to bring a small toy truck or tractor, and once the sermon started I could climb under the pew and play with it down there, as long as I was quiet. It was still boring, but better than having to sit and listen.

Rick tried that before a long while back and the Chr*stians turned into ravenous beast upon each other.

That was comical....

You are and always have been a hilarious dude...A beer with you one day would be cool...๐Ÿ˜Ž

If you're ever down in the Vegas/Henderson area shoot me a PM and I'll buy the beer.

This ^^^^^^^

I'll share one. Wife's late uncle. Born in the mountains in ~1919. Owned nothing but the shirt on his back until he went into the Army during WWII. Worked as a laborer when he got home. Eventually retired after 33 years as a millwright. No children. Lived simple. But, he and his wife invested their earnings. Ended up with a nice little nest egg. Would quietly help others inside and outside the family as needs came up.

Wife and her sister took care of him after his wife passed. Two years ago, at age 98, we were in the hospital. He was on the final slide. At that moment, it was just he and I in the room. He motioned for me to come over. As I leaned in, he asked if I knew of anyone in our church family that he could help out? Anyone that had any needs?

The man was literally on his death bed. He would pass in the next 48 hours. But, one of his last lucid thoughts was to see if there was someone else he could help along the way...
Originally Posted by savage24

Exactly!
This describes my friend, Dallas. We grew up together and he is one of the finest men I know.
Iโ€™m an agnostic; but if I were a Christian I would want to be a Christian like Dallas.

Where I used to work someone said to a coworker, "I'm a Christian, but not like Rich." The coworker responded, "If you're not a Christian like Rich, you're going to hell."
That was quite a surprise when another coworker, who overheard, told me. One of my favorite things is "Let your light shine among men so they may see your good works
and glorify the Father."
As sad as I am typing on this forum, I'd be scared half to death getting behind a pulpit and having to give a real sermon. The pot roast would not burn that morning. laugh

I got to do a sermon one time. In a town off about 1,000 around 200 showed up for the sermon. Why? The title was "The Rapture Rupture". It lasted about forty minutes. Afterwards lots of people came up to ask questions or make comments. I have since then made it into an essay with lots of supporting Scripture. It includes the age of accountability.

I got to do a sermon one time. In a town off about 1,000 around 200 showed up for the sermon. Why? The title was "The Rapture Rupture". It lasted about forty minutes. Afterwards lots of people came up to ask questions or make comments. I have since then made it into an essay with lots of supporting Scripture. It includes the age of accountability.

Ringman, The Age of Accountability,,,,how long has it been since such a time.

Itโ€™s been quite a while it seems.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

This ^^^^^^^

I'll share one. Wife's late uncle. Born in the mountains in ~1919. Owned nothing but the shirt on his back until he went into the Army during WWII. Worked as a laborer when he got home. Eventually retired after 33 years as a millwright. No children. Lived simple. But, he and his wife invested their earnings. Ended up with a nice little nest egg. Would quietly help others inside and outside the family as needs came up.

Wife and her sister took care of him after his wife passed. Two years ago, at age 98, we were in the hospital. He was on the final slide. At that moment, it was just he and I in the room. He motioned for me to come over. As I leaned in, he asked if I knew of anyone in our church family that he could help out? Anyone that had any needs?

The man was literally on his death bed. He would pass in the next 48 hours. But, one of his last lucid thoughts was to see if there was someone else he could help along the way...

Now that is an example of seeing a sermon! A lot more memorable and teachable than anything a preacher could beat into one's head.
© 24hourcampfire