[Linked Image from dollargeneral.com]

that corona virus hits, I'm just gonna stock up on it and some saltines
Shouldn't it have been only a dollar?
Nothing's a dollar at Dollar General. crazy
yea you guys are right

dat's a phuggin rip off!
You’re thinking of Dollar Tree

Get your white trash shît together
Things there are just Generally a Dollar. They rely on their customer having poor math skills.

I thought only poor people ate food from these places.
They put in a DG less than a mile from our town house. We've been shopping there a lot. They've got a pretty good array of Campbell's soups. Dunno how they are on N95 masks though. Pretty decent bunch of over-the-counter drugs. You have to have a script to get Psuedofedrin in Kansas though. No ammo at DG, but I've got that covered.
Originally Posted by slumlord

yea, I look down at those dollar tree shoppers

I bet their cheese in a can sucks

Dolla Tree is over about two miles compared to less than half that to DG. Just too much trouble.
They have ribeyes at Dollar Tree

shut your mouf
Looks like somethin' that'll constipate a goose.

What they gettin' for Milk o'Magnesia down to the Dollar Store?

I bet they're charging $15 a pint for it.

They might even offer a package deal. One can of aerosol cheese,...one pint of Milk O'Magnesia,....$17.50.
Theyre 1/4” thick though

And packed in antifreeze
Nearest Liquor Store is about a mile. Shiner Bock, Rolling Rock both in stock.
right now I've got a Piggly Wiggly, Whataburger, Bojangles and a Dollar General less than a mile from where I'm temporarily living

its a whole new lease on life compared to home.
They are higher on Tequila than Sam's Club. But it's freaking 90 miles to the nearest Sam's. Fooking Walton's and their need for a profit.
Originally Posted by KFWA
right now I've got a Piggly Wiggly, Whataburger, Bojangles and a Dollar General less than a mile from where I'm temporarily living

Welcome to the sunny south.
Winco store brand can spray cheese is better than the brand stuff and only about $2 a can. I always take some hunting. Its also good on baked potatoes when your camping and cooking in a fire.

Bb
At least have the class to buy real cheeze whiz like us fancy folks laugh
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They might even offer a package deal. One can of aerosol cheese,...one pint of Milk O'Magnesia,....$17.50.
They get a lot for the name brands but their in-house brand of drugs is called "DG". I expect they've got the Milk of Magnesia equivalent for about half price. I bought some Tums equivalent DG antacids the other day. Tums were $5 and the DG stuff was $2.50.
the only downside is the cheese on the tip of tube dries out and you get like a 1/4" of hard ass crud on your cracker the next time you use it. I've learned to shoot a bit out before I spray down my saltine.

that's a tip for you noobs out there

Better watch out if you go to Bojangles.

There's been a rash of jiggaboo riots at the Popeye's chicken franchises.

If you happen to be there when the last chicken sandwich gets sold you'll have to low crawl out of the place.
Theyre 1/4” thick though

And packed in antifreeze

Cooks in seconds!
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

64 degrees today here. That's a positive.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
You used to could get "Alma" cheese from Alma, Kansas, real good stuff, when the government brought it to the Senor Citizens Center. That shixt was fo free.

Better watch out if you go to Bojangles.

There's been a rash of jiggaboo riots at the Popeye's chicken franchises.

If you happen to be there when the last chicken sandwich gets sold you'll have to low crawl out of the place.

I'd started going there for a breakfast biscuit, but then found out the mom-n-pop grocery next to it has a deli called Southern Cookin and they have homemade biscuits made from white lily flour, sausage gravy and scrambled eggs. I wondered why a grocery store would have several tables and chairs in front of their deli counter. One stop there for biscuits and I understood why.

I haven't ventured there for dinner yet, I'm kinda partial to Winn Dixie fried chicken.
You used to could get "Alma" cheese from Alma, Kansas, real good stuff, when the government brought it to the Senor Citizens Center. That shixt was fo free.

That's because the government was working to constipate old people to death.

It's not as suspicious as smothering them with a pillow.

64 degrees today here. That's a positive.
39 degrees right here, right now in the semi-south. Supposed to be up to 62 on Saturday though. Hope I don't have the Coronavirus by then. Unlike Joebob, I'm not anxious to get it.
It's good that someone supports DOW Chemical Company
Originally Posted by 1minute
It's good that someone supports DOW Chemical Company

LOL

Most of the oldsters around here look pretty constipated already.

Most of the oldsters around here look pretty constipated already.

I can relate.
Dollar General cheese in a can

put that on a ritz cracker - damn, thats good eatin

MMMmm paired with a good Kentucky wine. Artificial Berry flavor should compliment the cheddar eh?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Get one of those Kong toys for your lab, squirt that yellow cheese-like goo into it, then put it in the freezer overnight.

After you give it to him the next morning, he will be out of your hair for hours.

Believe that’s a christmas promo item. Comes with a fleets enema with candy cane stripe. Peppermint? Dunno.
Originally Posted by ribka

MMMmm paired with a good Kentucky wine. Artificial Berry flavor should compliment the cheddar eh?

I've knocked out alot of BF over the years. I think Arbor Mist replaced it for the white trash city folk.
IMO that cheese makes great rat bait for traps. Better'n peanut butter even,
A little summer sausage and you're batting a 1000!
the only downside is the cheese on the tip of tube dries out and you get like a 1/4" of hard ass crud on your cracker the next time you use it. I've learned to shoot a bit out before I spray down my saltine.

I usually end up whizzin on the shower curtain for a few seconds when that happens
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
"Got my cheese whiz boy?' Quick, what movie was that?

This is why the grandkids always get the first cracker with spray cheese. They don't know any better that they got the dried cheese booger and I get the clean barrel.

Age and treachery.

Somehow the scene just don't work with "you get me my Clover Valley Snack Cheese boy".

Geno
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
"Got my cheese whiz boy?' Quick, what movie was that?

Blues Brothers

aww man..someone beat me to it
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Nothing's a dollar at Dollar General. crazy

I wish you'd have told me about that stock 5 years ago. I thought, who's going to shop at stuff for a dollar.

Or Velveeta iffin you're feeling flush.....
these posts are gonna keep me laughing all evening
It's a classic!!!
We watched Blues Brothers about 3 times a week on our lunch break at Airsta Chicago in 1983-84
It’ll save on Metamucil. Nothing like a caulking gun full of hydrogenated vegetable oil to give you the craps.
Originally Posted by 16bore
It’ll save on Metamucil. Nothing like a caulking gun full of hydrogenated vegetable oil to give you the craps.

the can says its real cheese dammit! REAL!
Originally Posted by aalf

Or Velveeta iffin you're feeling flush.....

Makes excellent bait for planted trout.

#16 gold treble hook, goop some Velveeta on there, slide a mini marshmallow down the line onto the knot and it'll keep the cheese off the bottom. The pink ones work great, white ones OK.

Other than that, I'd rather have the cheese in a can.

Geno
Doesn't say where its made.. Sure sounds tasty tho

Ingredients list:
Whey, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), soybean oil, sodium phosphate, contain less than 2% of : whey protein concentrate, salt, carragreenan, sodium citrate, natural flavor, glucono-delta-lactone, lactic acid, sorbic acid (a preservative), artificial color (yellow #5 and yellow #6).

crazy
Originally Posted by Salty303
Doesn't say where its made.. Sure sounds tasty tho

Ingredients list:
Whey, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), soybean oil, sodium phosphate, contain less than 2% of : whey protein concentrate, salt, carragreenan, sodium citrate, natural flavor, glucono-delta-lactone, lactic acid, sorbic acid (a preservative), artificial color (yellow #5 and yellow #6).

crazy

:::::thinking of old girlfriends:::::::

eh...I've ate worse
me too
[Linked Image from 3ner1e34iilsjdn1qohanunu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]
Damn, cheddar in a can! And all these years I've been buying cheddar in brick form and having to slice it. I need to get out more!
They make this stuff in the same factory as Silly String?

They probably taste similar.

What you some kind of savage ... everyone knows it's snow creek berry with velveeta and sunshine pink with cheeze whiz ....

[Linked Image from products2.imgix.drizly.com]

What you some kind of savage ... everyone knows it's snow creek berry with velveeta and sunshine pink with cheeze whiz ....

[Linked Image from products2.imgix.drizly.com]

Yes, but Gallo White Port, 1/2 pints, go with anything someone shows up with under the bridge.

Geno
in the fake food dept I much prefer margarine to aerosol cheese
Try that stuff with some wheat thins. One of my out driving around in the hills staples.
Originally Posted by sse
in the fake food dept I much prefer margarine to aerosol cheese

Margarine will melt on a backpacking trip though.............

and doesn't taste nearly as good to me on a Ritz.

Geno
Bill Cosby said "everything's great when it sits on a Ritz". But I don't believe anything he says anymore.....
I thought andy griffith said that
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
Bill Cosby said "everything's great when it sits on a Ritz". But I don't believe anything he says anymore.....

Even one of Hanco's gals?

Geno

Them boomers all look the same to me.

Geno

quote=slumlord]I thought andy griffith said that[/quote]

Could have been, I guess I got them mixed up. It''s pretty easy to do ya know...…..
Crap, Geno beat me to it....

That's why you give that first cracker to your buddy.
Before long, you will be "main lining" that stuff directly into you mouth and bypassing crackers.....that's the way addiction goes...
Originally Posted by reivertom
Before long, you will be "main lining" that stuff directly into you mouth and bypassing crackers.....that's the way addiction goes...

Just like slummy's dog.

Geno
It’s good on Ritz crackers with beer!
I’ll see your fake cheese and raise you four Vienna Sausage, barbeque, hot n’ spicy or original: $0.60 per 😎
Everything is a dollar at the "dohluh" store.

It's the packaging you have to pay extra fur...

Just spray out the cheese into a plastic container you bring, and take it to the counter and pay a dohluh + tax...
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

That's why you give that first cracker to your buddy.

Is this code for something?
I remember that way back in the 60's, 70's, while in the Navy.
Can of cheese and some crackers--- life was good!!
Best thread EVER!!!!!

Awesome idea from it!!!

Squirt some in a cold can of beefaroni. Shake the can before you open it to mix up that red greasy stuff on top.

Plastic spoon.
Squirt in some cheese.

Bon appetit!!!!

Sounds like this years dove field food of the Gods snack to me!!!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Them boomers all look the same to me.

Geno

heh
I'd rather starve.
I'm ashamed to be the first to mention this but, a can of cheese and a handful of slim jims is the survival food of champions, that sh~t will last most of a generation in the game pouch of a canvas hunting coat, yet will be there for you when the blogana goes bad, waterproof and everstuff !
Originally Posted by jimy
I'm ashamed to be the first to mention this but, a can of cheese and a handful of slim jims is the survival food of champions, that sh~t will last most of a generation in the game pouch of a canvas hunting coat, yet will be there for you when the blogana goes bad, waterproof and everstuff !

Modern food additives and preservatives are da schitt!!!!
Lol!!!

Sounds like a good addition to this dove field snacks.
Big ole box of slim jims
Cover em with cheese.
Can also use em to stir up the beefaroni!!!

Gawd this thread is awesome.

Its almost as good as a menu # 25 MRE!!!!!
You're right. Andy Griffith. I looked it up. Bill Cosby was the Puddin' er..a...pitchman.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Lol!!!

Big ole box of slim jims
Cover em with cheese.

Just a heads up, you don't need to buy beefaroni in the can any more , or even at dollar general for that matter !

They sell it in some "space aged" package now, remember Tang, "space age" same scenario but you can throw the bag out in the sun to warm up till the doves start flying, Wa La ! And thanks for the heads up on the slim jim, stir sticks that's like peanut butter and jelly on tootsie rolls, its to die for !

Lol!!!

Big ole box of slim jims
Cover em with cheese.

Fuggin A!

B C and D too.

Prolly work with some Chef Boy Ar Dee Ravioli too!

Or Canned Beef Stew.

Geno
I wonder if that Dollar General cheese like product would be any good squirted on a Twinkie. Kind of a fire inspired fusion cuisine dish. LMAO..
I wonder if that Dollar General cheese like product would be any good squirted on a Twinkie. Kind of a fire inspired fusion cuisine dish. LMAO..

The problem with twinkies is the piss poor packaging, you will never have an accidental discharge with slim jims , those bitches are wrapped to last, there is nothing worse than looking forward to a twinkie only to find out its dressed in last years dove feathers, that's just B.S. !

Try and think these things through a bit before suggesting such "Debbie downer" ideas ! Failure is not optional in these cases.
I once hunted with a guy who's wife wrapped his sandwiches in tin foil , God only knows what he was thinking marrying that bitch, must have been a second cousin or something, I never talked to him or her again !

The problem with twinkies is the piss poor packaging, you will never have an accidental discharge with slim jims , those bitches are wrapped to last, there is nothing worse than looking forward to a twinkie only to find out its dressed in last years dove feathers, that's just B.S. !

Try and think these things through a bit before suggesting such "Debbie downer" ideas ! Failure is not optional in these cases.

Ya but you can get a case of fuggn Twinkies for price of two tubes of Cheese schmutz so you gotta throw a few away, big deal. Surely the ones in the middle will be jes fine with no premature ejaculation issues?.. But yeah Slim Jims for the fail safe plan B cool
I get the distinct impression that some of y'all ain't taking this discussion seriously.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Lol!!!

Big ole box of slim jims
Cover em with cheese.

Fuggin A!

B C and D too.

Prolly work with some Chef Boy Ar Dee Ravioli too!

Or Canned Beef Stew.

Geno

The ravioli is my favorite.

That and wheat snack bread with jalapeno cheese spread.

About all I've gotten outta this is that Slummy is actually the real deal, he has a Crown Vic. Not just a Vic, but an actual X police Vic. See the push bar brackets on the front.

To have a Vic in some parts of the south is a right of passage, meaning you are the real deal.

What license plate on the front? Pics please. Still have the cage in it?

Ya but you can get a case of fuggn Twinkies for price of two tubes of Cheese schmutz so you gotta throw a few away, big deal. Surely the ones in the middle will be jes fine with no premature ejaculation issues?.. But yeah Slim Jims for the fail safe plan B cool

If they made rubbers out of the stuff that they wrap slim jims in, a guy wouldn't need to use a new one every time he got lucky ! Those bulk food places would close faster than Peking Moon's Saturday all U could eat buffet !
Any you cheese heads remember these?

Mandatory in any hunting chuck box along with saltines and thermos of coffee.

[Linked Image from metvcdn.metv.com]
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Never had any of those.

I mind the time that my Dad and I went fishing on Lake o' the Pines in east Texas. My Uncle and his cousin taken us on Cuz's old aluminum vee bottom that looked like something out of Gilligan's Island and was indeed, sea-worthy. Lake o' the Pines was full of pine stumps just invisible under the water. We'd shear a pin jumpin' those stumps every little bit. It got up over 100 that day and we ran out of water. Rather than go in, those old boys would just dip the jug in the lake and drink out of it. We stopped at an old-timey fish-camp in some cove and ate whatever they had. Pre-wrapped bologna or ham sammiches and cheez whiz out of the jar. I learned how to eat Cheez Whiz proper. They would dip their pocket knife in the stuff and eat a big glob with every bite of their sammich. Cholesterol probly off-the-charts.

Never had any of those.

I mind the time that my Dad and I went fishing on Lake o' the Pines in east Texas. My Uncle and his cousin taken us on Cuz's old aluminum vee bottom that looked like something out of Gilligan's Island and was indeed, sea-worthy. Lake o' the Pines was full of pine stumps just invisible under the water. We'd shear a pin jumpin' those stumps every little bit. It got up over 100 that day and we ran out of water. Rather than go in, those old boys would just dip the jug in the lake and drink out of it. We stopped at an old-timey fish-camp in some cove and ate whatever they had. Pre-wrapped bologna or ham sammiches and cheez whiz out of the jar. I learned how to eat Cheez Whiz proper. They would dip their pocket knife in the stuff and eat a big glob with every bite of their sammich. Cholesterol probly off-the-charts.

Nooooo. that sh~ts all fat free, that's why it last so long, and taste soooo good. Old timers ate that stuff while they were camping to make sure they they never got the bacon grease sh~tz ! I think it kills beaver fever too !
Originally Posted by gunzo

About all I've gotten outta this is that Slummy is actually the real deal, he has a Crown Vic. Not just a Vic, but an actual X police Vic. See the push bar brackets on the front.

To have a Vic in some parts of the south is a right of passage, meaning you are the real deal.

Wife’s grandparents have more money than the federal reserve. Trades for a new pickup every year. Newer Cadillac or Town car sitting in the garage beside the new Chevy. He makes grandma drive one of his police interceptors with no hubcaps. One of them still has the cage up separating the front seat from the back seat. Yes, I said one of them, usually has a few in rotation. He drives an 03 Chevy with 300k miles as his normal driver. Wouldn’t want to put miles on that new Chevy, might hurt the trade in value.

This should be someone’s avatar.
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Wife’s grandparents have more money than the federal reserve. Trades for a new pickup every year. Newer Cadillac or Town car sitting in the garage beside the new Chevy. He makes grandma drive one of his police interceptors with no hubcaps. One of them still has the cage up separating the front seat from the back seat. Yes, I said one of them, usually has a few in rotation. He drives an 03 Chevy with 300k miles as his normal driver. Wouldn’t want to put miles on that new Chevy, might hurt the trade in value.

But does he know jacksh~t about cheese whizz ? Slim jims or beefaroni? I hope they get inhome care, they sound like nice folks !
You're right. Andy Griffith. I looked it up. Bill Cosby was the Puddin' er..a...pitchman.

That’s right jack, and I’m not even a boomer.
I once hunted with a guy who's wife wrapped his sandwiches in tin foil , God only knows what he was thinking marrying that bitch, must have been a second cousin or something, I never talked to him or her again !

I hunted with a work buddy, his wife brought us a hot dish of fresh warm Pigs-n-a-blanket, at on the back of his property. 😃👍

My grandfather used to get one of those nasty little tubes with Liverwurst, Knockwurst and some other disgusting organ-meat pate’ for his ritz crackers.

that chit smelled like a gutshot buck when he open it 🤮

My grandfather used to get one of those nasty little tubes with Liverwurst, Knockwurst and some other disgusting organ-meat pate’ for his ritz crackers.

lol
I bet I could make up some dog food pate and feed it to you guys on saltines and most'd be back for 2nds smirk
My dad used to buy the Kraft flavored pseudo cheese in the little glass jars, Then the little jars did second duty as juice glasses.

Sounds to me like it wasn't properly aged, or it was a package of bad ritz crackers, either way one bad apple.................
Potted meat with Wheat Club crackers is good.

Wheat Club crackers for the health aspect of course.
I bet I could make up some dog food pate and feed it to you guys on saltines and most'd be back for 2nds smirk

Like your special, puufff, I know guys that pay extra for that IPA beer, natty lites not good enough for them when there's "Dog lickin azz ale" on the whine list !
We used them little jars that that little hyper salty micro thin Hormel/Armor meat slices came in.

We kept them for orange juice glasses. lol

Rednecks

mama would lose her mind if you broke one of her depression glass pieces.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
My dad used to buy the Kraft flavored pseudo cheese in the little glass jars, Then the little jars did second duty as juice classes.

Haha

We relation?
Dinosaur jelly jars make better juice glasses.

Unless you cant afford that much juice at a time of course.......
We used them little jars that that little hyper salty micro thin Hormel/Armor meat slices came in.

We kept them for orange juice glasses. lol

Rednecks

mama would lose her mind if you broke one of her depression glass pieces.

standard for "chipped beef on toast" otherwise known as "SOS"
we used 1/2 gallon glass Tropicana jug for ice water in the fridge.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

can't find them anymore, got only one of the set left from when I was a kid.

half of a great country western lyric right there....
Used Miracle whip jars for canning jars. Mason jars were for rich folk
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Lots of them on Ebay.
I had to google those up after Jim's comment.
No tupperware eh?

Frozen Concentrate and a brown Tupperware jug.

The glass jug was reserved for field use with a wet burlap sack.

Then we would drink wine out of goat stomachs.

Okay....thats BS.

We didnt waste no water on the burlap.........

Who designed those old Catsup jars?

The ones that looked like a giant, flat bottom maraca?
No tupperware eh?

Okay....thats BS.

my mother in law has that same green tupperware cup like Uncle Si carries around

lol

She has no idea

I should go get it from her.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Lots of them on Ebay.
I had to google those up after Jim's comment.

I was thinking about the flintstones ones, older than the dinosaur ones.

same as the George Jones song

Spam , I said it and now I'm going to bed........... who used that clear jelly from around the can for bread spread ? smile

You talkin about that 48oz mofo?

‘Catsup’ lol the good stuff

Ketchup was for phags
No tupperware eh?

Okay....thats BS.

my mother in law has that same green tupperware cup like Uncle Si carries around

lol

She has no idea

I should go get it from her.

Does she have an old American cheese saver?
I've learned that in some parts of the country, Ketchup passes for Bar-B-Q sauce.

the sugary sweet tasting crap.

God gave us bar-b-q sauce with vinegar and cayenne pepper in it, not sugary ketchup nonsense that turns good pork into meat candy.
She hasn’t gotten rid of anything since 1968

You talkin about that 48oz mofo?

‘Catsup’ lol the good stuff

Ketchup was for phags

Yep. The one with the yard long neck with a hole smaller than your pinky.

They actually admitted it was a two fold savings.

The stuff was a lot cheaper than Heinz..........and you didn't use so much because it took too long to get any out.
Fugg Heinz’s Brand Ketchup ! 😡

Owned by John Kerry’s wife.

I buy Del Monte brand ketchup. 🤠
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Fugg Heinz’s Brand Ketchup ! 😡

Owned by John Kerry’s wife.

I buy Del Monte brand ketchup. 🤠
Great Value all the way here. Cloverfield if I get it down to the DG.

I've knocked out alot of BF over the years. I think Arbor Mist replaced it for the white trash city folk.

''Hey now, that Arbor Mist blackberry is pretty dang good stuff! I know it's high class 'cause it don't come inna' box. Me an' my pard Randall do like it well!

Those brackets are for mounting his deer stand when slumy and reny go road hunting.

Winner winner chikin dinner. No shame there at all!

Never had any of those.

Nooooo. that sh~ts all fat free, that's why it last so long, and taste soooo good. Old timers ate that stuff while they were camping to make sure they they never got the bacon grease sh~tz ! I think it kills beaver fever too !

Pretty sure a few of them went on some backpacking trips too.....................lighter packaging than the canned version.

Geno
Originally Posted by akasparky

Those brackets are for mounting his deer stand when slumy and reny go road hunting.

I think he has the TX corn feeder adapters too.

Geno
Just to gross!
My dad used to buy the Kraft flavored pseudo cheese in the little glass jars, Then the little jars did second duty as juice classes.

Haha

We relation?

I love the pineapple cream cheese in a jar.

If one is having a hard time finding free glasses, just go to the Mexican section at the grocery and get some mole for your chiggum. I have one of the jars for taking my supplements in the AM.

Free scheidt is good scheidt.

Geno
Hate sweet ketchup.
Delmonte sucks.
Heinz is good, but owners suck.
So Redgold it is.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Just to gross!

*too
© 24hourcampfire