Home
My younger brother Jesse has been diagnosed with acute leukemia. Weather or not it is lymphblastic or myeloid is not yet known. He is to be transferred to The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C. in the next two days.

Jesse came down with a 103.7 fever three days ago. Taken to the hospital it was discovered that his WBC count was .7 and the other counts also down. What the treatment will be is yet to be decided. He is reportedly is some of the best hands in the country. Likely, eventually, I will be going to give a marrow donation. Myself and my older brother. Since my sister did have breast cancer awhile back I don't know if she can donate.

Frankly, I've been going from concerned and praying to trying to choke back tears, and not always doing well. I'm afraid for him, so sudden and so nearly fatal.

A Little prayer for Jesse Childress if you would.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
yes, sir, by all means! How old is he?
That sucks, bigly.

Hoping for a good outcome for all involved.

Geno
Praying for Jesse here, and all of your family.
Of course, May Our Lord Jesus heal, and give all the doctors the wisdom to do what is needed.
Best wishes to your brother Jesse, you and your family.
Prayers lifted for Jesse, and your family.
Prayers for comforting, healing and strength.
You got em.
Praying for Jesse and the family.
Jesse and your family are in my prayers.

You have a lot on your plate. Just taking care of your wife with her medical issues is, I imagine, mostly a full time job but now you’re having to endure another serious medical problem with your brother.

Keep your chin up and your heart open to the love and miracles God provides. You’re a good man for caring for your family and I pray for healing and comfort for you all.
I pray for his complete recovery.
Done and Amen.
Very sorry to hear about your brother's health problems. Best wishes for his recovery.

L.W.
Prayers sent for you and your family.
Will do, I pray he fully recovers!
Prayers sent.
St Peregrine, pray for Jesse.
Done
Prayers sent.
Originally Posted by kid0917

Jesse is 58
Prayers on the way.
You got them Brother! take care!
Best of luck to him.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Best of luck to him.

Yes.
Prayers sent for Jesse!
Prayer sent for your brother Jesse. 😎
Done
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by kid0917

Jesse is 58

about the same age as my own baby brother.
Good on you for donating marrow. I will keep praying for him.
God bless and touch and restore your brother here on earth in this life and God bless you and your sister and other brother, too.
Best wishes
Praying for Jesse that he makes a full recovery!
Prayers sent for Jesse, your family and the doctors! May the Lord bless all involved!
A&F, Best Wishes and prayers for Jesse's speedy recovery.
Prayer's sent for Jesse and his family.
Will mention Jesse and your family tonight in my prayers.
Jesse you are in my prayers. May you have a speedy recovery.
Wishing him well, and a strong will. Cancer doesn't always win.
I'm sort of in the same boat, only not as bad, mine is chronic myeloid. Mine is very slow moving. My thoughts and prayers will be with him. It looks like I am going to be heading to Salt lake city for a bone marrow transplant also. We haven't got to the point of finding a doner , hopefully my brother or one of my children. I hope you and your sister are compatible with him. Good luck to you.
Prayers sent
Prayers sent.
Big prayer sent for Brother Jesse .
Tough to read words like this. Prayers on the way!
Prayers sent for you and your family and especially Jesse.
Man, I hate to hear of this news. Prayers for all of you, from us in N.C. Jesse will need you now more than ever.
My best is with you and your brother, and may you both find strength through out your endeavor, Gods always watching and willing to help !
Prayers sent for Jesse and the whole family.
Prayers sent !!!
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I'm sort of in the same boat, only not as bad, mine is chronic myeloid. Mine is very slow moving. My thoughts and prayers will be with him. It looks like I am going to be heading to Salt lake city for a bone marrow transplant also. We haven't got to the point of finding a doner , hopefully my brother or one of my children. I hope you and your sister are compatible with him. Good luck to you.

It would be me and my older brother. My sister had breast cancer and chemo, apparently that excludes her.
Prayers sent for him and your family.
Prayers sent.
Praying
Prayers for healing of Jesse.

geo
Your brother and his family, including you, are in my prayers.
You guys have my prayers.
Prayers from WV
Done
Praying for peace, comfort and strength from the Good Lord to you and yours.
ArmedandFree: Done - please keep us advised.
Stay strong.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I am in a text with my brother and my sister, my sister reporting. Both are nurses, her a former hospital CNO. The terminology they use I do not understand.

Here's so excepts from the latest one:

"On telephone conference with a Intensivist and a Nephrologist" (I have no idea what those are.)

"CT scan of chest today Infection effecting the lower right lobe."

" Jesse's respiratory rate and exertion are significant, but he's being maintained at 98%" ( I understand that observation, but not its meaning)

" They did an echo which showed 45% EF, no valve issue, septal hyperkinesis, cardiology will see him" ( Clueless here)

" Nephrology, Hyponatremia and creatinine creeping up, 1.3 at present." (Again, no clue.)

" Removed 600 cc of fluid from the plural sack, may have to remove more." ( I almost understand that)

" Oscillating from lucidity to delusion, from orientation to disorientation." ( I've seen that, when my mother was near death from cancer)

Lastly, and to me more telling than anything else since I am ignorant in this area, the doctor told my sister- in- law to call Jesse's son home.

I am praying but I must admit I am racked with fear, sadness and dread. Jesse is only 20 months younger than me so we grew up almost like twins.
Hmmmm............good luck to him.
© 24hourcampfire