Home
Something similar happens in Northern Florida whenever we're told that a hurricane is heading our way.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Something similar happens in Northern Florida whenever we're told that a hurricane is heading our way.

Already more than 400 cases in Italy...so its headed their way for sure.
Better stock up

spreading hysteria like Pelosi
Damn Dr. Drew.... tell us how you really feel. Good info there.
But.... worth noting that it's about 3 weeks old. Didn't see that until just now.

Not much is being reported on the Hong Kong protests and protesters on national or international news anymore since the Coronavirus "pandemic".

Curious, ain't it... whistle

Good for them to get ready to survive. Very late in the game to be "prepped" but that's better than the ones sitting at home with no supplies, still arguing that the virus won't get to them.

Preparation, not panic. COVID19 is here and must be dealt with.

One thing though--there was enough peanut butter left on those shelves to feed half the city. Nobody was panicing very much!
Hong Kong is giving money to folks. Buddy of mine (who is from Hong Kong)says they are hurting over there, because so much of their trade/commerce is coming out of China, and much of the travel to/from the mainland is restricted right now.

Happens here in Tennessee when they predict snow. My wife and I were at the grocery store one night when snow was forecasted. The bread isle was empty except for one loaf. The bag was ripped and bread slices covered the floor. It was obvious two people were fighting over it.
Originally Posted by hanco
Better stock up

No government is ready for what is to come. Your advice is very sound.
considering how many times plague hit Italy ....
I see this as a genetic response for survival.
Originally Posted by joken2

Not much is being reported on the Hong Kong protests and protesters on national or international news anymore since the Coronavirus "pandemic".

Curious, ain't it... whistle

The virus is going to set Chinese back several years, therefore, the Hong Kong protesters are no longer needed.
A lot of very bad circumstances here......

1.Corona virus
2.Stock market tanks
3.Bernie supporters...ready to do violence if....
4.Students with massive student loans for a useless degree, or none at all. Most banking on forgiveness.
5.States like Virginia, attempting massive gun control.
6.Trump derangement soars after his re-election.

Many hornets nests out there. Hope one does NOT get whacked. Could get bad quickly.

All of which was true yesterday too, and last week, and last month.

Preparation, not panic.
I remember when ebola was going to wipe out the earth; then one day it just went poof.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Good for them to get ready to survive. Very late in the game to be "prepped" but that's better than the ones sitting at home with no supplies, still arguing that the virus won't get to them.

Preparation, not panic. COVID19 is here and must be dealt with.

One thing though--there was enough peanut butter left on those shelves to feed half the city. Nobody was panicing very much!

Panicky people also have peanut butter allergy phobias too.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

1.Corona virus
2.Stock market tanks
4.Students with massive student loans for a useless degree, or none at all. Most banking on forgiveness.

Many hornets nests out there. Hope one does NOT get whacked. Could get bad quickly.

on TnDeer.com, they fear “Marshall law”

laffing
Those shelves look way better than the Bozeman MT Wal Mart. But there is no panic, just extremely lazy stockers.
Originally Posted by slumlord

1.Corona virus
2.Stock market tanks

laffing

A local am black station said “they “ will probably have to declare “Material Law”.

Good, genuine blue music, though.

The station is owned by a NAACP leader. New Roads, Louisiana.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I remember when ebola was going to wipe out the earth; then one day it just went poof.

It still circulates in Africa. Congo literally just finished up their most recent outbreak. It will strike again. But it has very different Rnaught and death rate values. Basically, it is too strong of a killer to actually become a pandemic, as it kills off too many hosts too quickly to allow it to spread outside of sustained body fluid contact.

Ebola outbreaks are primarily sustained by the funeral practices of some Africans, who quite literally rub themselves in the body fluids of the dead person at the open casket funerals (direct kissing, rubbing, laying on dead body, etc) in order to say goodbye. When the govt steps in to control this behavior, then they resort to keeping the dead body for a couple of days at home to say goodbye instead.

It still circulates in Africa. Congo literally just finished up their most recent outbreak. It will strike again. But it has very different Rnaught and death rate values. Basically, it is too strong of a killer to actually become a pandemic, as it kills off too many hosts too quickly to allow it to spread outside of sustained body fluid contact.

Ebola outbreaks are primarily sustained by the funeral practices of some Africans, who quite literally rub themselves in the body fluids of the dead person at the open casket funerals (direct kissing, rubbing, laying on dead body, etc) in order to say goodbye. When the govt steps in to control this behavior, then they resort to keeping the dead body for a couple of days at home to say goodbye instead.

That's fuqked up
Originally Posted by mirage243

That's fuqked up

Well, I'm sure that certain cultures think that our "viewing" and then "funeral" and then "burial" is an odd way to say goodbye also, after you've had some stranger stuff their body full of formeldyhyde and such chemicals. Then we put them in a casket so the bones don't get eaten, and then we put it in a concrete vault in the ground so that in theory nothing can ever get in. That seems pretty ridiculous too.
sis-n-law texted me tonight and said her Costco in Dallas area was sold out of anti-bacterial cleaning supplies
Originally Posted by mirage243

That's fuqked up

Well, I'm sure that certain cultures think that our "viewing" and then "funeral" and then "burial" is an odd way to say goodbye also, after you've had some stranger stuff their body full of formeldyhyde and such chemicals. Then we put them in a casket so the bones don't get eaten, and then we put it in a concrete vault in the ground so that in theory nothing can ever get in. That seems pretty ridiculous too.

Coyotes/dingoes/hyenas gotta eat too. My personal preference, but some azzwholes went and passed laws...

Drag me out and leave me- either way, it's only memories left behind ..."goodbyes" are moistly show....(not a typo).
If the worthless redistributionists do escalate things, they may well plea for martial law.

A tornado requires certain conditions. If the conditions are there, doesn’t always indicate a tornado.

Timing....hope not.

Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by slumlord

1.Corona virus
2.Stock market tanks

laffing

A local am black station said “they “ will probably have to declare “Material Law”.

Good, genuine blue music, though.

The station is owned by a NAACP leader. New Roads, Louisiana.
My 92 year old uncle just called and said I best "get my ass to the store" and buy up a bunch of stuff before all of it gets sold out. Including water. I axed him to mansplain to me how the bug was gonna make the plumbing stop working that it did not make sense. He said it didn't make sense to him either but that is what the big shot on TV just said.
From the start the main thing that has been scary about this whole deal has been the way the Chinese were apparently willing to cripple their economy over it. Of course, they could mean anything. Local officials in totalitarian places like China tend to under react to problems then massively overreact in compensation for their previous under reactions. Who knows exactly.

A two percent fatality rate would be pretty severe in sheer numbers of deaths and it would be a pretty serious deal if this thing is as contagious as it appears, but it would not be a societal changing event. We live with far greater risks everyday in all sorts of activities.
i think the biggest concern is the potential need for hospitalization...if that spikes way beyond capacity, big problem
Us members of the 'fire should be well fixed with 22 long rifle shells. laugh
Originally Posted by RJY66
My 92 year old uncle just called and said I best "get my ass to the store" and buy up a bunch of stuff before all of it gets sold out. Including water. I axed him to mansplain to me how the bug was gonna make the plumbing stop working that it did not make sense. He said it didn't make sense to him either but that is what the big shot on TV just said.

That's because the vast majority of America never drinks tap water. They only utilize bottled water. Most that I speak with have been conditioned to think that tap water is actually harmful to them. Gotta hand it to the advertisers for doing such a good job!
Originally Posted by JoeBob
From the start the main thing that has been scary about this whole deal has been the way the Chinese were apparently willing to cripple their economy over it. Of course, they could mean anything. Local officials in totalitarian places like China tend to under react to problems then massively overreact in compensation for their previous under reactions. Who knows exactly.

A two percent fatality rate would be pretty severe in sheer numbers of deaths and it would be a pretty serious deal if this thing is as contagious as it appears, but it would not be a societal changing event. We live with far greater risks everyday in all sorts of activities.

Yes, China's reaction was very odd, dangerously so. Something more than they have told us was going on. My speculation is that they thought it was a bioweapons lab escapee designed to kill off mass swaths of their enemy--but got into their own people instead. They calculated that without massive overreaction they would kill too many of their own population to remain viable as a superpower.
We have a young family here from Milan, been here
5 or so years.

I ask her why come here.

Because she can walk around town safely.
"It's so nice to feel safe".

She grew up right outside Milan, it used to be nice there.
"Then they started moving in, now every door and window has to be
barred. And it's not safe to go out after dark".

Any guess what religion she mentioned?
© 24hourcampfire