Home
Posted By: ironbender My Weight - 02/28/20
...tends to fluctuate.

Between “ this scale is wrong” and “I’m big-boned”.
Posted By: JPro Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Danged old erroneous scales....... grin

On the plus side, I think RickBin is looking into selling these in the gear shop. Bet 'fire members get a discount.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
get a younger woman to do push ups on.
Posted By: sse Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
“I’m big-boned”.

that's what yer first wife said
Posted By: kid0917 Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Originally Posted by sse
“I’m big-boned”.

that's what yer first wife said

rofl
Posted By: benchman Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
At 5'3.5", and 176, I'm obese. Sheesh...pass another Guinness, I hafta practice for St. Paddy's Day.
weighed in at my physical Tuesday. I just grunted and said, ahhhh.... 20 lbs of clothes.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Been trying a new diet for the last month... so far I have lost 30 days.
been on a seefood diet , myself this winter.
When I see food, I eat it, lol
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Doctor said I need to lose 30 lb or I'll need to be put on a higher dose of Amlodipine. Told Doc just make it easy and give me the higher dose.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
I'm at my perfect weight, I just need to figure out how to be 7 feet tall!
Posted By: ironbender Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
I was informed by my daughter that I’m doing a popular diet. I just eat what I like; didn’t know I was doing something special.

She says I do keto.

keto a full stomach!
Posted By: ironbender Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Originally Posted by kid0917
weighed in at my physical Tuesday. I just grunted and said, ahhhh.... 20 lbs of clothes.

I always weigh more at an appt than @ home 1st thing. (doh!)

I weighed my carhartts, with all I carry in them, the other day - 5 lbs. without a pistol.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
I am not the least bit overweight.....I'm under tall.....
Posted By: hookeye Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
Almost 6 ft and 195.....fully clothed.
Need to lose 10#.
Sore back really slowed me down this past yr.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: My Weight - 02/28/20
I hear if you have hip replacement or knee replacement they can make you taller.
Posted By: ironbender Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I hear if you have hip replacement or knee replacement they can make you taller.

No.
Posted By: gunzo Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by ironbender

No.

My brother was 6'4" for a long time. Knees got really bad, went to 6'2", maybe 6'1". He got both knees replaced & is back where he started.

OTOH, I have gone from a 9 med to an 11 wide in shoe size in the last 25 years. News flash, my feet are the only thing increasing. DAMMIT.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20

Hmmmmm..........a surgeon installing a lift kit.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
I had to lose 150 pounds myself. I dont miss her one bit. She didnt like guns anyway..
Originally Posted by gunzo

No.

My brother was 6'4" for a long time. Knees got really bad, went to 6'2", maybe 6'1". He got both knees replaced & is back where he started.

OTOH, I have gone from a 9 med to an 11 wide in shoe size in the last 25 years. News flash, my feet are the only thing increasing. DAMMIT.

3"? That's some *thick* cartilage!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
About 15 years ago, a doctor told me I was obese.
At 6'1" and 196 lbs at the time - I informed him that I had been called a LOT of things in my life, but never obese.
He told me that I was border-line, but on the obese side.
I asked why he didn't measure my wrists, as in the past - and was informed "We don't do that anymore"
I measure 11" around the wrists - yes, "big boned"
Bones are more dense than muscle, which is more dense than fat. Nobody takes this into account, here in the "new days"
Did i sit next to you on a flight to anchorage 2 weeks ago? smile

The fella in the middle seat had a bit of a belly but really filled that space! He was the 747 of seat mates!
Posted By: hanco Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
6’1. 190 lbs. I’ve gained 10 lbs in the 50 yrs since high school. I’m a fatty
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Did i sit next to you on a flight to anchorage 2 weeks ago? smile

The fella in the middle seat had a bit of a belly but really filled that space! He was the 747 of seat mates!

So you were just the warthog?
Cub
Posted By: kid0917 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I had to lose 150 pounds myself. I dont miss her one bit. She didnt like guns anyway..

lol. I heard one some years ago "Get rid of 200 lbs of ugly fat! Divorce him!!"
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
I guess I was blessed with good genetics. I’ve worn the same size for 20 years.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
According to those weight charts, everyone is fat.
Posted By: TheSOB Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Dr. told me to lose some weight. So I got a hair cut.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

Cause you F'ing are
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Grew tired of the issue and decided to get some scales I could trust. Dumbest damned thing I ever did. smile

Seriously, got a set from a Japanese firm named Tonita. Less than $100 and excellent. Plus, WeightWatchers ....
Originally Posted by mark shubert
About 15 years ago, a doctor told me I was obese.
At 6'1" and 196 lbs at the time - I informed him that I had been called a LOT of things in my life, but never obese.
He told me that I was border-line, but on the obese side.
I asked why he didn't measure my wrists, as in the past - and was informed "We don't do that anymore"
I measure 11" around the wrists - yes, "big boned"
Bones are more dense than muscle, which is more dense than fat. Nobody takes this into account, here in the "new days"

Post a picture of yourself and we will see if all the weight is from dense bones,or poor diet.
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂
Posted By: kid0917 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by CEoW717

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

The majority that I see are.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Giving credit to RealHawkeye for posting this the other day in my thread but......Barney knew even back then!

All a man has to do is cut out "the old carbohydrates and glucose" and get ready to buy smaller pants. You will lose a bunch of weight fast.....its mostly "just water" which is another name for nasty inflammation.
Posted By: sse Re: My Weight - 02/29/20

Originally Posted by Yoder409
Hmmmmm..........a surgeon installing a lift kit.

sure there's a lot of after market stuff available these days
Posted By: sse Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
i lost a bunch of weight once and the dr said i was still fat
Posted By: bludog Re: My Weight - 02/29/20

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

My brother and I are both about 6-2. He is an avid biker, is slightly built with narrower shoulders, and has never weighed more than 185, which at that weight gives him a small pot belly. We're planning on hiking the Grand Canyon this May, down and out 1 day, 17+ miles. I weighed 230.8 on January first, and I'm currently a couple pounds under 210. My goal is to get my first number on my weight to be a one before we hike, and I'm on track for that. He's never lifted weights in his life, and I've lifted on and off since off-season football in high school, and currently lift at least 3 times a week. He probably can't bench press 100 pounds. He wears a 38-40" sport coat, while I wear a 48. but we have the same chart for obesity. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense!
Originally Posted by bludog

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

My brother and I are both about 6-2. He is an avid biker, is slightly built with narrower shoulders, and has never weighed more than 185, which at that weight gives him a small pot belly. We're planning on hiking the Grand Canyon this May, down and out 1 day, 17+ miles. I weighed 230.8 on January first, and I'm currently a couple pounds under 210. My goal is to get my first number on my weight to be a one before we hike, and I'm on track for that. He's never lifted weights in his life, and I've lifted on and off since off-season football in high school, and currently lift at least 3 times a week. He probably can't bench press 100 pounds. He wears a 38-40" sport coat, while I wear a 48. but we have the same chart for obesity. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense!

So who has the most body fat,you or him?
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: My Weight - 02/29/20

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

For some of us thick folk, it's a lot easier to gain muscle than loose fat, huh? Story of my life.
Posted By: benchman Re: My Weight - 02/29/20

I'm old, fat, and strong.
Originally Posted by benchman

You can't be old,lean and strong?

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

Right now, probably me. Ten more pounds down for me, it should be close to a wash. 175 is a good lean weight for him. 195 is a good lean weight for me. .
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
You're just husky.

Fatass.

Cause you F'ing are

😂😂😂

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

Right now, probably me. Ten more pounds down for me, it should be close to a wash. 175 is a good lean weight for him. 195 is a good lean weight for me. .

I've given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that our bodies adapt to be optimal for whatever we are doing with them. I've decided I don't want a 200 lb body of all lean muscle that can't run or walk as far as a 170 body of lean muscle. The 200 lb body may be better for doing bench presses,but I want a body better for going and doing,not just lifting.

Very heavy massively muscled body builders have changed the way society views healthy. What the hell good is all that muscle if it's only better in the gym? That industry has caused our views on what is actually healthy to be totally screwed up.
Posted By: las Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
I gave up beer (all alcohol) and lost about 7 lbs in one month. 6' and @150 nekkid - same as I was 50 years ago..I feel better too.

Lucky genetics, I guess.
Posted By: las Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
I gave up beer (all alcohol) and lost about 7 lbs in one month. 6' and @150 nekkid - same as I was 50 years ago..I feel better too. I stay active, but don't "exercise".

Lucky genetics, I guess, as my willpower pretty much sucks.... smile. It helps that I mostly look at food as fuel, not indulgence, or craving. Except chocolate and ice cream. Funny thing is I don't like chocolate ice cream.

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

I've given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that our bodies adapt to be optimal for whatever we are doing with them. I've decided I don't want a 200 lb body of all lean muscle that can't run or walk as far as a 170 body of lean muscle. The 200 lb body may be better for doing bench presses,but I want a body better for going and doing,not just lifting.

Very heavy massively muscled body builders have changed the way society views healthy. What the hell good is all that muscle if it's only better in the gym? That industry has caused our views on what is actually healthy to be totally screwed up.

There is no way that anyone would describe me as a muscled up body builder. So, I would have to respectfully disagree with you to some extent. I hike, bike, play pickleball, play racquetball, golf, hunt and fish, and Hope and I are going skiing at Keystone in two weeks. Other than riding a bike (and it's my brother's thing), there has been zero advantage for him in any of the activities we have jointly participated in. We backpacked in, camped on the trail, and hiked out several times.12-20 miles in a weekend. We've gone on several day hikes on the Ozarks Highland Trail, and in the mountains of AZ around PHX. We aren't exactly spring chickens anymore, I'm 60 and he'll be 64 in a couple weeks, but we're both still active, and I think he'd tell you that I have more endurance, mainly just because I'm stronger.

Here's a pic at 205 (52 yrs old), on a houseboat on Lake Powell, taken the day after Hope and I had hiked the GC 8 years ago.

Here's a more recent pic at 225 or so taken in Nov. '18.

I have a ton of respect for you and what you've accomplished, I'm just not quite buying that a few extra pounds of muscle is going to limit me. A reasonable amount of muscle doesn't hurt anyone, and would probably be beneficial for most. And I think those charts are meaningless for many people. God bless you Mr. Clark.

lol. EVERYBODY fat????

There is no way that anyone would describe me as a muscled up body builder. So, I would have to respectfully disagree with you to some extent. I hike, bike, play pickleball, play racquetball, golf, hunt and fish, and Hope and I are going skiing at Keystone in two weeks. Other than riding a bike (and it's my brother's thing), there has been zero advantage for him in any of the activities we have jointly participated in. We backpacked in, camped on the trail, and hiked out several times.12-20 miles in a weekend. We've gone on several day hikes on the Ozarks Highland Trail, and in the mountains of AZ around PHX. We aren't exactly spring chickens anymore, I'm 60 and he'll be 64 in a couple weeks, but we're both still active, and I think he'd tell you that I have more endurance, mainly just because I'm stronger.

Here's a pic at 205 (52 yrs old), on a houseboat on Lake Powell, taken the day after Hope and I had hiked the GC 8 years ago.

Here's a more recent pic at 225 or so taken in Nov. '18.

I have a ton of respect for you and what you've accomplished, I'm just not quite buying that a few extra pounds of muscle is going to limit me. A reasonable amount of muscle doesn't hurt anyone, and would probably be beneficial for most. And I think those charts are meaningless for many people. God bless you Mr. Clark.

I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I thought we were agreeing. I was just generalizing about how our bodies adapt to do whatever we are doing with them and how it really depends on what you are doing as to optimal weight.

Sorry if I came across as anything else.

Looking good and fit my friend. Congrats. It ain't easy in this world.
Hey, we're about the same height, I believe. My reply was merely directed to the comment regarding limitations when adding muscle weight. I believe that a 200 lb body with a low body fat number is probably as able as a 170 lb body of equal fat content.for most activities, and better suited for some. Muscle in moderation is good.

And I'm not quite the guy I was 8+ years ago, but still working on it.
Originally Posted by benchman

You can't be old,lean and strong?

Actually at about 12 %. Much of my life I was 120, under 5%. I am a bench press specialist, and have actually built significant muscle mass after 40. At my peak, at 50, I was 190 - too heavy for much of anything else, but among the strongest benchers in the world. At 65 and176, I'm far more mobile, and still pretty strong. Lighter weight class lifters aren't the hulks you see in the heavier weight classes. Fairly lean. I can tell you from experience at a world level, that if I am much leaner, I will be nowhere near as strong. That's a fact. I am not muscle bound. I train for efficiency, even though I have gained size .
Definitely in another league/galaxy than me. Just glad I can bench more than I weigh!
Posted By: kennymauser Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
Originally Posted by MickeyD
I am not the least bit overweight.....I'm under tall.....

Thanks MickeyD for a new excuse-------I have been running out of them!
Definitely in another league/galaxy than me. Just glad I can bench more than I weigh!

Struggling to stay at double bodyweight, raw. Still over 500 in a shirt. Very technical lifting. More craft, than strength...
Posted By: lvmiker Re: My Weight - 02/29/20
12% isn't too bad, and you're strong and still training, good work. To keep myself honest I weigh myself every morning and do some jumping jacks in front of the mirror, naked. My current goal in to get under 10% body fat and to maintain heart rate between 130 and 150 bpm for 4 consecutive hours while carrying 25 Lbs w/ moderate hills. I have gone on the wagon to speed up the process w/ a low carb diet. I expect to lose 10 lbs and hopefully <than 10% body fat.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
12% isn't too bad, and you're strong and still training, good work. To keep myself honest I weigh myself every morning and do some jumping jacks in front of the mirror, naked. My current goal in to get under 10% body fat and to maintain heart rate between 130 and 150 bpm for 4 consecutive hours while carrying 25 Lbs w/ moderate hills. I have gone on the wagon to speed up the process w/ a low carb diet. I expect to lose 10 lbs and hopefully <than 10% body fat.

mike r

After being extremely lean, with a low of 113 and a 315 bench, I'll take some more fat. That was too small. Conversely, 190 and a 700 bench, was too heavy. Everyone has their happy place. If you push the extremes, it has to be on a limited basis.
© 24hourcampfire