Home
Exactly as I predicted yesterday in one of the threads about COVID-19, New York State has announced late this evening their first positive case.

Yesterday, Gov. Cuomo said that it was "inevitable" that NYS would have a case of COVID-19 soon, and that his administration was ready to throw their weight around and save the day with a largess of govt intervention.

I predicted that late on Sunday they would announce a confirmed case. And that is what has happened.

Govts are lying about this left and right, saving face and making themselves look good and as necessary saviors. He obviously knew the case was a suspected positive as of yesterday and was waiting for official CDC confirmation. He lied about the whole thing by not telling the truth about what he knew in an intentional attempt at deception to justify his govt actions.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Exactly as I predicted yesterday in one of the threads about COVID-19, New York State has announced late this evening their first positive case.

Yesterday, Gov. Cuomo said that it was "inevitable" that NYS would have a case of COVID-19 soon, and that his administration was ready to throw their weight around and save the day with a largess of govt intervention.

I predicted that late on Sunday they would announce a confirmed case. And that is what has happened.

Govts are lying about this left and right, saving face and making themselves look good and as necessary saviors. He obviously knew the case was a suspected positive as of yesterday and was waiting for official CDC confirmation. He lied about the whole thing by not telling the truth about what he knew in an intentional attempt at deception to justify his govt actions.

I imagine the test kits were sitting at the lab when he said it. They were just waiting for the results.
If it's been spreading for six weeks in Washington, then its probably in every state by now. And it's probably not nearly as lethal as they say.
Seems dem areas are the ones reporting the most cases.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I imagine the test kits were sitting at the lab when he said it. They were just waiting for the results.

Yes, indeed. The responses of other governors is different however.

Both Florida and Rhode Island governors announced their cases based on "presumed positives waiting for confirmation." That ain't Cuomo's manipulative-oppressive style.
Originally Posted by Terryk

West coast first, east coast second, then Chicagoland in distant third.

It's just based on the demographics of the easiest places to travel to/from are largely Democrat.
Here's Cuomo's quote now, the all-knowing one who should be worshipped like his father:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that a woman "in her late thirties" from the Empire State had contracted the virus while traveling in Iran.

"There is no cause for surprise — this was expected," Cuomo said in a statement. "As I said from the beginning, it was a matter of when, not if there would be a positive case of novel coronavirus in New York."
Look up how many people have died from the flu in the USA this year. Oh yea stay in your own country unless you are in the us armed forces and have on choice.
Floriduh has two cases now
I think I had it 5 weeks ago. Bit of congestion, post nasal drip, maybe a low grade fever. My doc said it was probably Corona. I agreed.

I get it every year, sometimes twice a year.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I think I had it 5 weeks ago. Bit of congestion, post nasal drip, maybe a low grade fever. My doc said it was probably Corona. I agreed.

I get it every year, sometimes twice a year.

If he said "corona" and meant the common cold, then fine.
If he said "novel corona virus 19," then he'd be up for medical malpractice.

Filth.
People are sneaking back into the country, hiding the origin of their itinerary.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
People are sneaking back into the country, hiding the origin of their itinerary.

They haven't even had to do much "hiding" to get back into the USA. We brought back nearly 10,000 known travelers from China with just a thermometer check. 8400 in Cali alone.

Indian reservations?

the black belt?

Butte, MT?
Many flew from China to Thailand and from there, where ever they wanted to including the US. Airport screening is mostly ineffective. For some reason our country can't manage to run many tests, while S Korea is doing much better in that regard. This genie is well out of the bottle. We won't really know how it plays out until it does, but the possibility and likelihood of a serious pandemic along the lines of the Spanish Flu does exist. With this most likely coming from the Chinese bio weapon lab and with modern travel so common it could turn out very bad. Then there are the economic impacts. Why we ever let ourselves become so dependent on Chinese manufacturing especially for a large percent of our medicines is beyond me.
They haven't even had to do much "hiding" to get back into the USA. We brought back nearly 10,000 known travelers from China with just a thermometer check. 8400 in Cali alone.

Not true, please stop listening to the news. I’m not guessing........

My employer is under contract with the CDC to perform surveillance at SeaTac airport, one of the major ports of entry from Asian countries and its more then just a temp check and away they go. And yes people are trying to hide their travel itineraries and getting caught daily by the CDC and Homeland Security and delegated into quarantine.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I'm not even talking about them.
Looks like Washington is fixing to have a breakout.

Its gonna get rolling this next week.
It's a fuggin flu- get over it... or die.

Unless I get it- then it's serious! smile
I'm betting that the Coronavirus is going to be right up there with Y2K.
It's the flu that has little effect on children and healthy adults under 50. It's going to spread. It'll run its course and we'll continue with civilization.
Easy to predict. Any dense population area, especially if they have an airport is going to be high risk.
Dakota Deer suddenly seems obsessed........ It must be a slow week in the Dakotas.....? Re-thinking it however, I bet there are a lot of slow weeks in the Dakotas.
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Not true, please stop listening to the news. I’m not guessing........

My employer is under contract with the CDC to perform surveillance at SeaTac airport, one of the major ports of entry from Asian countries and its more then just a temp check and away they go. And yes people are trying to hide their travel itineraries and getting caught daily by the CDC and Homeland Security and delegated into quarantine.

I believe you are referring to current situations as of the last couple of weeks. My reference was to situations a month ago.

If you can share the info, what screening is being done beyond temp check and itinerary check?

And what exactly does "quarantine" look like?
If it comes to Florida, I think I’ll quit work. High schools are a breeding ground for viruses.

The lady who tested positive came in from Iran. They have allowed her to stay in her home. Very bad choice for a totally corrupt state.
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Dakota Deer suddenly seems obsessed........ It must be a slow week in the Dakotas.....? Re-thinking it however, I bet there are a lot of slow weeks in the Dakotas.

Yes, there are. I am obsessed...with facts. And we aren't getting many right now, from the Right or Left.

As far as the motivation to start this thread--I cannot stand Gov Cuomo, as he and his dad have ruined NYS. And I knew he was being purposely deceptive on Saturday. Just wanted to point it out.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If it comes to Florida, I think I’ll quit work. High schools are a breeding ground for viruses.

Follow the bouncing ball.....2 cases were announced yesterday, both in the greater Tampa area. The Gubernaor announced a state of emergency.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Uh oh. Where in Florida? I might have to quit my job. Fricken sick kid was coughing on me all third period today, and didn't seem to understand why I wanted him to stand further away while talking to me.

Uh oh. Where in Florida? I might have to quit my job. Fricken sick kid was coughing on me all third period today, and didn't seem to understand why I wanted him to stand further away while talking to me.

Going for your GED eh?

Good for you!
Originally Posted by RickyD
[quote=DakotaDeer]Exactly as I predicted yesterday in one of the threads about COVID-19, New York State has announced late this evening their first
The lady who tested positive came in from Iran. They have allowed her to stay in her home. Very bad choice for a totally corrupt state.

Yep. Bad choice. We dont need to be letting those Iranians or a lot of others in, especially not now.
With spring break coming up for college students who love to swap body fluids, things should get pretty hot by April. The iceberg will be emerging soon.

Yes, there are. I am obsessed...with facts. And we aren't getting many right now, from the Right or Left.

As far as the motivation to start this thread--I cannot stand Gov Cuomo, as he and his dad have ruined NYS. And I knew he was being purposely deceptive on Saturday. Just wanted to point it out.

Not too many here like Cuomo and what he stands for, but so far I haven't found a need to push "facts" that might not be so onto others. Calm down FCS. Yes it will get worse, but how much worse at this time is pure speculation and guesssng. Not facts..

Are you suddenly relying on the government to take care of you totally? Like snowflakes do?

Not too many here like Cuomo and what he stands for, but so far I haven't found a need to push "facts" that might not be so onto others. Calm down FCS. Yes it will get worse, but how much worse at this time is pure speculation and guesssng. Not facts..

Are you suddenly relying on the government to take care of you totally? Like snowflakes do?

I am trying to avoid having the govt take care of me or anyone else. I do not think govts do a good job of care.

Knowledge is power. Ignorance and denial are deadly.
Government does not care about you.

I am trying to avoid having the govt take care of me or anyone else. I do not think govts do a good job of care.

Knowledge is power. Ignorance and denial are deadly.

You finally said something in your last line that I can agree with.

In the meantime, comments like "You heard it here first, More Covid 19" and "Its killing the old people now" is a crappy way to show or share knowledge. Nothing that you are click baiting in a manner that would make CNN envious is new information. Chill out, dude.
Who in their right mind "travels" to Iran anyway??

I tend not to worry about diseases and such, if I got students putting themselves out there, I gotta go there too.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Government does not care about you.

Unless you don't pay your taxes.
On a case by case basis, this virus appears to be about 30 times more lethal than the flu. just saying. When as many folks have had the corona as the flu, it won't be a pretty sight.
This virus may end up being a plus for the solvency of Social Security. Might clear the decks of a bunch of us born in the 40s, 50s, and early 60s. And allow the next generation to inherit the loot before we get rid of it.
© 24hourcampfire