Home

Looks like tornado damage to me !
I'm liking the portable LED flood lights those reporters are carrying.
5 Dead, God rest their souls.
I'm watching it on the Nashville news now. The same line of storms caused a tornado about 20 miles north of me, and we have major flooding here from a ton of rain overnight. Bad storm.
We have one down here from time to time. They scare me!
Originally Posted by 12344mag
5 Dead, God rest their souls.
While the storm was mentioned on the news here this am, there was no mention of fatalities... I'm sorry to hear of that tragedy.. Amazing the amount of damage a tornado can wreak..
9 dead now.
Still searching.............

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency confirms 7 dead from tornadoes
The reporter says there are downed power lines and there is a strong smell of gas in the area......so the tv station sends the oriental guy down to cover the story. WTH?
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
The reporter says there are downed power lines and there is a strong smell of gas in the area......so the tv station sends the oriental guy down to cover the story. WTH?

They want to be first to film a gas explosion if it happens.
There are plenty of orientals and he may have been the only cigarette smoker they had.
Looked a lot. Didn't see anything but nature doing nature things.
Was pretty bumpy from 2:30-3:30.

Had to bring the dogs into the den, we have several 100ft tall hickory trees around my kennel.

Originally Posted by akasparky

News just reported that FEMA says 8 confirmed dead now.

Hey, no one's making you live on this earth.

Live coverage of Nashville tornado damage
My father lives in Nashville, he was driving back to Nashville from Texas late last night and decided to stop in Arkansas for the night, sure glad he did. No idea if his place alright yet though, but it was definitely close.
It also hit Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, and Cookeville. Looks like it went right along I 40.
Super Tuesday tornado.
Several family members in the Nashville area. They're okay.
I build very sturdy badass log cabins. My rafters are 4x10s, huge, decked with 2x6. A big tree could land on my roof and it would bounce off.
But, a tornado of 165 mph winds? My cabin would land in the Atlantic Ocean, nothing but the basement left.
Donelson Christian Academy takes direct hit from last nights tornado.

'Unbelievable damage' in Donelson

Nineteen Tennesseans were killed and at least 20 others in the county have been hospitalized after severe storms and tornadoes ripped through the state overnight, a Tennessee Emergency Management Agency spokesperson told The Associated Press.
At 5 a.m., TEMA declared a level three state of emergency.

[Linked Image from showchoir.com]
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]

[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]
Wow!
Wow.

Have they classified the strength, like F-3?

From what I've read, they can often estimate strength by the level of destruction. In a typical neighborhood with brick veneer houses on slabs, with an F-5 you see just the slabs, whereas an F-3 has walls standing, an F-4, pieces of walls.

Bad stuff.

DF
But what about the trailer parks?
I think most of the real hard hit areas were in a "uppity" part of Nashville where most things are built of bricks and sticks.
Now up to 21 dead; awful
"God Destroys East Nashville this Morning "

Hmmmm. Maybe He just did not like all that phony country music pouring out of Nashville. wink

L.W.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
But what about the trailer parks?

That was uncalled for..........totally. This something not to joke about.
The crappy music I can see anyone finally getting their fill of but what the hell was going on at that Donelson Christian Academy?
He sure seemed to have zeroed in on that place??????
That storm track is very similar to the one that hit Nashville in 1998. I was teaching auto mechanics at McGavock High School when that one came through in the late afternoon, just a couple of hours after school was out. It did some major damage to Opry Mills mall, half a mile from the school, then went through Hermitage and Lebanon.
Jerry

The live feed is showing people just walking around through the hit areas and sometimes going inside damaged homes and business. Got to wonder how much longer before reports of looters will start up.
That loving god at it again, I guess.
12344Mag: Sadly now FOX news has just reported that 19 (nineteen!) of our fellow Americans are dead and several still missing because of the tornado down Tennessee way.
Sad, and hopefully those missing, will be found alive.
Damn.
Lots of bad news these days!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I'd have thought some good educated campfire Christian would have come along and bestowed some guidance and understanding in that matter upon us by now.
I'd have thought some good educated campfire Christian would have come along and bestowed some guidance and understanding in that matter upon us by now.

And I'd think that even a lowlife atheist would show some concern for their fellow man.
Now 22 dead
The lifespan of the average looter in the Donelson area might be a little better than anyone who tries it in Mt. Juliet where I went to high school, but neither one should buy any green bananas! "You loot- - - -we shoot" is alive and well in Tennessee! As for the smartazz remarks from a few keyboard jockeys on the fire- - - - -come on to Tennessee and say it in person. Buy a one way ticket- - - - -and plan on staying a LONG time!
Jerry
If North Nashville had been hit, they'd already have everything cleaned out.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

And I'd think that even a lowlife atheist would show some concern for their fellow man.

It's a terrible and frightful thing, tornados. The loss of life is a tragedy.

But, it ain't a god thing; it's a random act of nature thing.
Originally Posted by ironbender

But, it ain't a god thing; it's a random act of nature thing.

When it's a predominantly white, heterosexual community anyway, otherwise it's said to be Gods vengeance.

Trolls are like stray cats, only fools are dumb enough to feed them.
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Trolls are like stray cats, only fools are dumb enough to feed them.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Death toll now 22

150++ injured

30+ first responders and emergency personnel injured

150+ collapsed buildings
Damn.......that was a bad one.....
Someone call al gore, he can control the weather, of course youll need to give him $22,000,000.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Someone call al gore, he can control the weather, of course youll need to give him $22,000,000.

Hw lives in Nashville; where his mansion consumes more than 20 times the national average of energy. Just another hypocrite
I''m responding from the First O P.
I'm not reading the rest. Not going to argue.

I can say that God does not DO ALL the destruction that happens in the world.
I know He is in control... but NOT the source of all devastation.
Suck a glock, sparky and HE wont get you.
Just some innuendo laced cheap shots directed at Tennessee in general by a few on here.
Which is obvious.....

They will recover down in Nashville just like other areas in the country do after natural disaster.

Im kinda wondering what possibly went on with the Alarm system and the high loss of life.
I know when the alarm Sirens go off around here they are loud as hell and unmistakeable in their sound.
But I'm pretty close to mine about 900 to 1000 meters away across the valley.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They had ta have alot more in that area working in conjunction with each other.

Just specualtion on my part about something failed to happen with alarms.

Sounds like a F3 or F4 hit at the least.
10 or so mins on the ground in a major metro area aint good.
Tornado anywhere aint good for that matter.
Sometimes it happens so fast you aint got much time to react.
Dont wanna experience being in the path of one ever.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Several family members in the Nashville area. They're okay.

Thanks for checking, cuz.
Good luck and God bless to our Tennessee brothers and sisters and an extra prayer for the volunteers and first responders.

Mother Nature is an awesome and sometimes destructive force that man cannot contain or control.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good luck and God bless to our Tennessee brothers and sisters and an extra prayer for the volunteers and first responders.

Mother Nature is an awesome and sometimes destructive force that man cannot contain or control.

Agreed, prayers for families and loved ones of those who lost their lives.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Just some innuendo laced cheap shots directed at Tennessee in general by a few on here.
Which is obvious.....

Cheap shots at Tn, cheap shots at Christian folks, cheap shots at people hurting, loss of life, loss of property.

Make fun of old fat black people falling, make fun of peoples’ handicap kids, make fun of people dying under the collapse of their own roofs.

Despicable
Uh-- it was a Tornado-- nature only!!
.. what the hell was going on at that Donelson Christian Academy?
He sure seemed to have zeroed in on that place??????

something like JC turning over tables in the Temple?

nothing is random under Gods plan.. wink

theys prob. turning out christians like a cookie cutting machine, with no quality controls in place.

Last nader that hit my town passed about a hundred yards from my house.

Slope area, kinda hopscotched.

Used to have a lot of big ol trees.
Fuggin blue sky all the time now.

Factory a ways off has tornado siren. Can hear it from our place
Nashville took a hit, no doubt. But the hardest hit was Cookeville.

19 dead there so far with only 30% searched.

Missed my daughter's apartment near Tennessee Tech by less than a half mile.

I was on the phone with her while it was happening. I was sick at my stomach watching the radar and hearing her describe what was happening.

Many of the deceased are children. Please say a prayer.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

IDK, I think Mugabe Clinton was playing with her Dr evil weather machine (mumu and all)
After all TN is pretty solidly a Patriotic American (aka: deplorable) state..
One of those places where really good 4th of July parties are thrown.

Slumlord,
Are all of your friends and family safe?

Best wishes
OMotS
It was a perfect world way back, but man screwed it up.
So now bad stuff happens.
Just is what it is.
How God works.....is His business.
Man trying to figure that out, or claim to know?
Kinda why things aint perfect now.
Prayers on the way.
Originally Posted by hookeye
It was a perfect world way back, but man screwed it up.
So now bad stuff happens...

The garden of Eden (earthly paradise) wasnt perfect as
some like to assume and neither were the lands beyond.

Adam/Eve only had the presence of God they were not
in actual heaven. // They were made in the image of
God but not yet as glorious as God intended.// The
Garden was great and unsullied but wasn't completely
secure.

Damn. My thoughts and best wishes go out to the deceased and the people of Tennessee affected by this, and their friends and family wherever they may be. I hope the news turns good ASAP.
Donelson Christian Academy takes direct hit from last nights tornado.

'Unbelievable damage' in Donelson

Nineteen Tennesseans were killed and at least 20 others in the county have been hospitalized after severe storms and tornadoes ripped through the state overnight, a Tennessee Emergency Management Agency spokesperson told The Associated Press.
At 5 a.m., TEMA declared a level three state of emergency.

[Linked Image from showchoir.com]
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]

I still have to wonder about folks that don't believe in God. How FAR they go to point out things that don't matter if you don't believe. So since you don't believe, whats the big deal?
We have a terrible tragedy here. frown Prayers for the fine folks of Tennessee. I’m sure that the UMC will mobilize to help out. I’m also sure that our church will take part. I certainly hope that MANY others do as well.
god bless the dead and hurt, having been through several hurricanes i can relate. the people making snide comments are just lowlife ass holes.
Prayers for all in Tn tonight from NC.
When I was young the tornado belt started in Oklahoma and went Northeast to NE Ohio. Lately it seems that all the damaging tornados hit hundreds of miles South of where they used to hit.
Timing is everything. Last night I was driving back from Illinois and hit Lebanon well after dark. Got on I40 and headed east to our home just a few miles past Cookeville. When I first arrived in Lebanon something was troubling as I noticed how warm and calm it was. Seemed like the calm before the storm and it really was.
I really feel for the families who got hit. Not much you can do to defend yourself.
Lot's of good folks here on the Fire, but some of ya'll are some sorry Mf'ers. Prayers for the people of Nashville.
Just saw a post on FB.

Man, wife and toddler son were some of the dead.

A whole young family gone....

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
When I was young the tornado belt started in Oklahoma and went Northeast to NE Ohio. Lately it seems that all the damaging tornados hit hundreds of miles South of where they used to hit.

Growing up here, tornadoes were something that happened in other places. We'd have one occasionally, but they were rare. Now, they are happening on a regular basis. The county I live in has had more tornadoes in the past few years than any other county in western Kentucky, according to the NWS.

Something has changed weather wise to cause this, and only a fool would deny it. I don't claim to know what it is, but our weather is very, very different from what it once was.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Just saw a post on FB.

Man, wife and toddler son were some of the dead.

A whole young family gone....

Yep...and akasparky thinks it's funny.
He’s not the only one cracking jokes.
I don't care what a person's political leanings are, or what their beliefs are as far as God goes, but if they are any kind of a person at all, they should have sympathy for the people affected by tragedies such as this. If they don't, then they need to keep their damn mouths shut.
akaSparky is a shi tbird no matter what handle he's posting under at the moment. He can't stay away from this site.
A thread on this subject is not the place to argue about God or religious brliefs.
I saw for the first time the videos on the evening newscasts last night the incredible size and scope of the damage... Holy mackerel!!! What a nightmare.. I, too, pray for all those affected and those who lost their lives in that hellish storm..
There are still dozens of missing/unaccounted for people in Putnam county (38)

24 dead updated
Originally Posted by slumlord
There are still dozens of missing/unaccounted for people in Putnam county (38)

24 dead updated
Wow. Sounds a lot like the Joplin tornado of 2011. I was just in Joplin yesterday and had occasion to kind of skirt around the town. While lots was rebuilt, they just mainly skipped rebuilding some of it and built on the outskirts instead. I hadn't been out there in a few years and it was amazing how much construction has went on. That will alter the area economically.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I don't care what a person's political leanings are, or what their beliefs are as far as God goes, but if they are any kind of a person at all, they should have sympathy for the people affected by tragedies such as this. If they don't, then they need to keep their damn mouths shut.

exactly, to bring religion into this is showing your true colors.

Prayers and condolences for the family and friends of the deceased. Prayers for the injured.
Extra prayers for the first responders, these things can turn into long day after day of pushing the limits of the human body.
Yes indeed, prayers for all. God is in control, why things happen as they do is a mystery to us. Rain falls on both the just, and the unjust.
Middle Tennessee is one of the fastest growing areas of the country. The numbers and sizes of the subdivisions are mind boggling if you’ve grown up here, and remember when it was fairly rural. The open farmland that used to be, there wasn’t as much for a bad tornado to hit.

I don’t keep up with storm stats much, but with all the growth that has taken place in the last 20 years it makes for more targets for these storms. When a big, long track tornado sits down in one of those mega subdivisions, the results are disastrous.

I live about 20 miles south of the one of the hardest hit areas. It looked ominous watching it from a distance. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have lost.

They've found another in Wilson county. 25 now.
We live in Mt. Juliet. Three people killed in the Mt. Juliet city limits, a couple in their 80's that couldn't get out of their house and a 38 year female security guard at one of the warehouses that took a direct hit. Last death toll I heard statewide was 25 with a lot of people still unaccounted for.

So far, there has been zero looting that I've heard of. Anyone that tries it will be ventilated in short order by neighbors.

The Tennessee spirit is alive and well. People are lined up to help with the cleanup and all the local PD's have started waiting lists for volunteers because there are more people wanting to help than they have room for at the moment. MJPD had to ask people to hold off on donations until they could distribute all that already been donated. Lots of areas still without power and lots of roads still closed, but recovery is underway.

The middle school my son goes to got leveled and they've already announced it will not reopen this year. Thank God this hit in the middle of the night and not when kids were in school. There would have been dozens killed at West Wilson Middle School alone.

A thread on this subject is not the place to argue about God or religious beliefs.

maybe not, but I dont understand all the projected sorrow by those of the faith if events were Gods
predestined will/plan,, that people should lose their lives in such manner.

do they send prayers cause they dont like some outcome of Gods plan,
or are they just thanking him through prayer to express their faith in such
life taking events?

Originally Posted by Starman
A thread on this subject is not the place to argue about God or religious beliefs.

maybe not, but I dont understand all the projected sorrow by those of the faith if events were Gods
predestined will/plan that people should lose their lives in such manner.

We are all going to die. A tragic, unexpected death brings sorrow; especially when it is a child.
I pray for comfort and strength for these folks who were affected by the storm.

If you really don't understand that, I can't help you.
If you just want to be a prick, I can't help you.

These folks are my neighbors. A lady my wife works with lost her granddaughter. Her son, daughter in law, and other grandchild are in the hospital. They have nothing.

If you can't say anything that doesn't make you look like an ass, how about keeping your mouth shut.

predestined will/plan,, that people should lose their lives in such manner.

do they send prayers cause they dont like some outcome of Gods plan,
or are they just thanking him through prayer to express their faith in such
life taking events?

I think they are expressing the sorrow they feel for the living families of the ones who lost their lives in this tragedy. But you probably wouldn't understand that you pompous ass.

I think they are expressing the sorrow they feel for the living families of the ones who lost their lives in this tragedy.
But you probably wouldn't understand that you pompous ass.

You sound rather pompous when you presume to know what all people put in their private prayers.

Originally Posted by gregintenn

We are all going to die. A tragic, unexpected death brings sorrow; especially when it is a child.
I pray for comfort and strength for these folks who were affected by the storm.

let us know how effective your prayers prove to be.

surely an all capable powerful God can give them all the comfort and strength they need
without the input of a transgressor.

JDS44
My youngest brother is Head of School @ Mt. Juliet Christian Academy affiliated w First Baptist Church. They just closed on a home last Thursday in MJ and cannot get in to check for damage. He told me yday that literally hundreds of good people just showed up and started moving and salvaging and helping anyway possible. Even on dark days, God is good.
Originally Posted by gkt5450
JDS44
My youngest brother is Head of School @ Mt. Juliet Christian Academy affiliated w First Baptist Church. They just closed on a home last Thursday in MJ and cannot get in to check for damage. He told me yday that literally hundreds of good people just showed up and started moving and salvaging and helping anyway possible. Even on dark days, God is good.

MJCA is right next to the middle school pictured above and got hit pretty hard as well. The community is definitely rallying around the tragedy and it's heartwarming to see.
Odd way for a religious thread to get started, spontaneous combustion. One peters out, another takes it's place.

Preach brothers, we need some old time religion .

I think they are expressing the sorrow they feel for the living families of the ones who lost their lives in this tragedy.
But you probably wouldn't understand that you pompous ass.

You sound rather pompous when you presume to know what all people put in their private prayers.

You asked a question, I proceeded to state what "I think" as an interpretation of what others may believe as they offer prayers and condolences for the families of the victims of this tragedy. I try not to ridicule or make light of their beliefs and feelings as you and akasparky do in their time of grieving, but rather offer support and genuine understanding as best I can. Perhaps if you would explain what childhood travesty you may have endured at the hands of some "religous" representative, the rest of us could try and help you also resolve your deep rooted hatred of anything or anyone who acknowledges a belief of a higher force, not counting Starman himself of course.

You asked a question, I proceeded to state what "I think" as an interpretation of what others may believe
as they offer prayers and condolences for the families of the victims of this tragedy..

by all means tell us why you pray if you wish, but dont pompously presume to speak for all others.

and how can you interpret the private/silent prayers of others?...are you some go between agent?

You asked a question, I proceeded to state what "I think" as an interpretation of what others may believe
as they offer prayers and condolences for the families of the victims of this tragedy..

by all means tell us why you pray if you wish, but dont pompously presume to speak for all others.

and how can you interpret the private/silent prayers of others?...are you some go between agent?

That is actually easy to explain. Prayer, hope, benevolent understanding of another human being's emotions, beliefs and sometimes confusion of tragic outcomes are a common trait, a singular emotion that most people of humility and genuine carrying of others share among ourselves. Again, it is the pompous and self serving individuals who struggle to understand such things. The questions you seek answered will have to be answered by yourself someday.
I see today that the tornado has been classified as a F4 that devastated Tennessee. I was a kid when the F5 tornado touched down and ran thru Irvington and Brandenburg , KY in 1974. Where my house now stands there was nothing left, not even a tree. Hoping everyone that survived is finding the help they need in recovering and coping with their loses.
I don’t care whether you believe in God or not. But everyone should believe in human decency.

It’s apparent some don’t believe in either.

Nothing reveals a man’s character as one who will rush in and kick a man that’s fallen.
© 24hourcampfire