Home
Anther thread called a class under 300 as small. My class of 62 had about 30.

My older sister's class could, and did all get into one car on Sunday night, and go to the movies.

You folks?
Class of 72 in Carleton Minn. 35 senior class
400 in 1979. They're rebuilding my old high school and it's going to be the biggest high school in Maryland. Lord knows how big the graduating class will be next year when it opens.
1958 33
About 30. A couple of them dropped out before graduation.

drover
11 but one was a foreign exchange student.
10 in 8th grade, about 75 in high school.
75 as freshmen, 1974 only 45 graduated. The majority of the girls dropped out with some kind of affliction which caused severe swelling of the abdomen. Thankfully, they all recovered after several months.
1972, we had 114 graduate. Probably 1/2 dozen dropped out in the last 3 years. It was the height of the baby boom.

kwg
We had 9 graduate in '71. We voted to never have reunions.
I was hOmsKooLt

I can count all the way to ham
As I recall about 80. My school district covered two townships a village and three hamlets.
I don’t know
Originally Posted by poboy
We had 9 graduate in '71. We voted to never have reunions.

We had 9 in my senior class.

I 've only ever met one person who had a smaller senior class. Gal told me her senior class had 7 students. She was from somewhere in Nebraska IIRC.
Plano Sr High School in Plano Tx class of 1981 was 1790 or so.

Largest graduating class in state history to this day.
Wow, nearly 2000, there must have been many you did not know.
15 in '70. 11 boys and 4 girls. Now there are 12.... 9 boys and 3 girls.
Capital HS in Boise. About 200 to 250. It was a new school and I was in the 1st grad class in '66. The next year it was about 500.
220 in mine, but I had cousins in North Central ND that had 2 or 3 in the graduating class. By the time my cousin, who is my age, graduated, they combined with the next town over.
Senior Class had 525 grads. Took a while to give the diplomas out. Have been to two reunions over the years and it’s a damned good thing we had name tags on.
460-480 can't exactly recall.
How do you justify a school building for 10 kids?

What’d you all just hold class in the bus? lol
32 in 1967-Bird Island,MN
600 or so.
Bunch of em bused in from downtown.
Two armed cops back in '80.
1968 - 328 kids graduated. Only 2 or 3 guys dropped out before graduation, IIRC. Had to check my old yearbook to get the number of graduates. My old school district has now closed a few elementary schools because of low enrollment. I was there during their biggest expansion, when I was in Kindergarten (1955-56) that school district didn't even have a high school yet. By 1968 when I graduated they had two high schools. By the 1980's they had three. Now they're having trouble filling them. Baby Boom's been over for some time now.
39 in the Class of '69
Had 14 in my senior class. We had 43 in high school, Fresh through Seniors. We played 8 man football. My senior year we had 11 guys on the football team.
113. Only one didn't graduate.
I believe mine was 76 that graduated.
We had 75 in the graduating class of 1975.

Next question - how many are already deceased? Already loss 15 out of 75 for 20% .
When I went in 9th grade there were 8 seniors, 42 when I graduated. 20 years later when oldest graduated there were 350, boy graduated in 2006. His class had 750. They opened a 2nd high school in 2008.
Hundreds.

Amazingly over 100 showed up for the 30th Reunion. Many flew in from other states.
We had around 250 baby boomers in our class , and it was one of the largest up to that time. Now our same school has around 150.
210 1981 Old Town Indians now known as the Coyotes in the PC age.

Old Town Maine.
Large outlaying school district.

Many of you have probably been in the Canoes or groovy kayaks they make now from Old Town.

Scary cause I know alot of people that make em.
Their work force used to be too stoned or drunk to do anything else.
Old Town canoe was always hiring.
If ya didnt mind your brain being turned into styrofoam from all the resin fumes and fiberglass dust in the place.

Worked in the woods bucking trees for my uncles instead.
Moved up to cable skidder guy when the hung over mofoing operator couldn't make it into work with his sorry ass.
Rather buck trees in the yard , stay warm being active.
Freeze your azz off on that fugging skidder and get all fugging wet going down twitch trails. Muddy and nasty as fugg cabling up butts.
Schitt sucked ....
But for 125 150 a day on weekends and school vacations when the ground was froze during the winter.
Pretty good money for a high school kid in that era.

Glad I joined the Army back when and got the Fugg outta Maine.

LOL!!!
There were 16 in my graduating class of '63.
Posted By: las Re: How many in Your School Class? - 03/05/20
Same as my first grade class - 13. I was the only one left in grad class of my first name.

There were 5 of us in first!

Teachers used both of our first and middle names except for Sailor. Poor bastard didn't have a middle name. His dad said they couldn't afford one..... smile
My class had 31. That was 1961 in Rapid River, Michigan
We graduated 62 in 1958, small town in remote area of Wyoming.

Come to think of it, everywhere in Wyoming was remote at that time, most of it still is. grin
386 Sticks in my mind as the number of graduates in 1986.
About 1600 in the four grades so likely 380 or so at the end in Logansport, IN.
36 or 37 in my class in '71. IIRC we all graduated.
About 120 in 1975. Nowadays our school graduates about half that.
We still have a reunion every 5 years and a lot of classmates come from all over the country and a couple from outside the US. Quite a few locals never come, I don't get it.
43 in 1973. Small town in Texas. We had a 30 year reunion and that’s all.
Posted By: las Re: How many in Your School Class? - 03/05/20
13, class of 66. Same # as my first grade class - I was the only one left in grad class of my first name. And one of those grads was a loaner from a one room school farther north. HOT red head!

There were 5 of us by the same first name in first grade. And one more in the class (16) ahead of us.

Teachers used both of our first and middle names except for Sailor. (German, long i, silent a). Poor bastard didn't have a middle name. His dad said they couldn't afford one..... and unlike the rest of us, he was an only child. smile

The town school has since closed and bought by a coal company, and turned into housing for employees and partial motel. I stayed there at an all class reunion several years ago. Hell, I couldn't even find the Principal's office any more.... smile

Students are now bused to Center ND, next town over, which boomed with housing when the big coal-fired power plants went in along the river near Stanton. Stanton is down to a population of about 300 now, in my day it was around 400.

Those of us who could, got the hell out! But it was a great place to be a kid.

At 20 I headed to Alaska, to UAF for my Jr. and Sr years. Two of my classmates were already there, in the Army at Ft. Wainwright.

They weren't happy to be in the Army OR Alaska (better than Nam, I told them). A lapse of judgement on their part, I'm still sure. Both parts.
Around 175 in 1973 at a district in west-central NH that probably had a total population of between 10,000 and 12,000.

My Wife experienced similar numbers a few years later in east-central NE.

My kids went to high schools with classes in excess of 600, Millard North and Millard West high schools in suburban Omaha.

The current population in the Omaha metro area is between 800,000 and 900,000, more than the entire population in each of the following State; AK, ND, VT, and WY, so you'd expect a lot of big high schools. Omaha Public Schools have more than 50,000 students.
high school, I believe it was 390 in 1975
college, around 10,000 in 1979
770 at Rockford East in 1960. First of the big classes; they did not last long. Two new high schools were built in the next four years, and the parochial high school went co-ed and got quite a bit larger.
A lot of my graduating class of 42 are dead. Four never made 30.
54 Grads in 1971, Hull-Daisetta, Tx ( Liberty Co) I was in the "Top Ten percent", according to the papers they showed me. I went into the Army that August. Along with me were many " McNamara's Moron's" ( go to jail or the Army) which had an average "5th grade education". They made me a Sgt right off ( wanted me to be a 90 wonder LT, but I said no) like herding cats! ha

Of those 54, close to 20 are dead and gone now.

Mine was 92 in 1970, my wife’s class was 73 in 1969. memtb
12 in grammar School 1- 8th great. Harmony Grove School 1966
800+ freshmen at Lodi High about the same sophomores. Two campus Freshmen, Sophomores on West campus Juniors and senors at East Campus
We had five students and that was a bigger class for my school. The best starter to conversations at Harvard when they asked if I was in the top 10% of my graduating class was I was the top 20%. Two of the five are dead. The three of us have done well with our lives.
1st grade- 4
4th grade- 1

High school -63
College 110
Grad school- 93

I grew up 30 miles from the high school on the other side of the time zone. Going to school took an hour and a half, but coming home I got home before I left school.
56 in 1998
Graduated in 1975. Had 610 in my graduating class.
West Senior HS class of '72 had 535. GC East HS, same city, class of '72 was aprox the same size.
I was one of 29 when I graduated in 1966. That school currently has fewer than 300 kids, pre-k through 12th grade, at an annual cost of around 14,000.000. Anybody wonder why taxes are so high in NY? There are 700, mostly small, independent school districts in that state. It's probably the worst run, most ineffective, highest cost school systems in the country. The unionized teachers fight to keep it that way. One more reason we got the hell out.
250, 1963, I was ranked 124, lost out on a scholarship because I was in the lower half of my class, missed it by about 1/10 of a point.
Still made it through 4 years of college and graduated with a 3.45. High school was fun, college was work and expensive, when you pay, you don't play that much.
750+ in 1976
70 in 1975.
54 in 1974
20 in 2000. Largest graduating class of Gordon ISD at the time. I was the last one. With the last name Wylie I’m never first. Elementary junior high and high school was and still is in the same building.
Roughly 50 in my graduating high school class. The thing that I can never live down, though, is the name of the school. Lick Wilmerding. Trust me, I've heard pretty much every variation of the name.
27 in 1976.

Three no longer with us.
Around 190 back in ‘88
N.B. Forrest HighSchool in Jax. 1964. 586 in the class.
Grade school, was a one room country school, two in my class and about 15 total in the eight grades.
High school, about 50 in my graduating class. We had our 50th year class reunion, last summer. About 30 showed up for it and we had a great time.
I'm thinking we had a few over 200, maybe 250.
200-300. We were a 4A School. The biggest schools in Texas were classified 5 A and were in the big cities.
Some of those had classes as big as 1000 or more in a class.
Posted By: DHN Re: How many in Your School Class? - 03/06/20
396 in '76, Prescott, AZ. Around here, there are three high schools from 18 to 35 miles away, that average about 5 per year.
Class of 69,,IIRC about 60,,
1995: under 30 of us.
That was two NH towns and a few kids from across the line in VT
140, class of "87.
Biggest school in the county.

And I was solidly in the 1/3.
But not the top.😁
Class of 1956, 42 in Mancelona, MI.
Posted By: acy Re: How many in Your School Class? - 03/06/20
About 150 in 1979.
Just under 500 I believe.

Way back in ‘92!
79 in 1986.
Southwest Missouri
About 40 in 1978
About 15 in 1974
Graduated with 22. Most classes behind us had around half of that.
About 13 in high school. --'82.
I can't remember.
wabigoon;
Good evening to you my friend, I trust that this finds you and your family well tonight.

Thanks for the interesting thread and the reading that it's produced - of course thanks to the members who have participated.

I've often said that I watched the small family farm in rural Saskatchewan die and this thread is a reminder of that.

When I started in 1968 there were just over 60 of us in Grade 1. By graduation in 1980, there was less than 20 of us left.

True some had quit, but the vast majority were farm kids who's family's had left the farm for a job in the city.

As I've mentioned previously too, I helped push a lot of farm sites into big piles, burned them and then buried the remaining metal and concrete left behind.

Now that I look back at it, in many ways it's more than a wee bit sad in many aspects, but it was how it was and the work I did at the time.

Thanks for thread again sir and all the best to you all as we head into spring.

Dwayne
I think it was 360 or so, class of 90 in Clearfield PA
16 in 1973 graduation class
About 150 of us in high school.. We were a pretty close knit group for so large a class..
115, Milton WI year 2000
230 in our class Wabi. Football was huge-you either played football, or were in the band. Some guys did both.
311 - only 310 walked because one guy drowned the day before graduation.
About 400 in my class of 75. My kids class was about 900.
Around 1500 as I recall, big High School in Chicago.
183 in 1981,all,boys private school.My wife's class in the same town,public school,had almost a thousand.
680 in my high school graduating class of 1970....West Springfield High School, Springfield VA...

our school was part of Fairfax County Schools, which that year was the 20th highest academic school system in the US..
and our high school was the top one of 17 high schools in the county...

my GPA was 2.95, and I will always remember my class rank... 341 out of 680...
so I had the honor of being Number 1, in the bottom half of our class...

1970, half of our football team won college scholarships...
seem liked pretty much the other half won an all expense paid trip to South Vietnam...

IIRC, about a couple of dozen of our graduating class, weren't with us anymore by the summer of 1973..
courtesy of that free trip to Vietnam...
I graduated with 125 others.
Man, I bet a lot of you guys had a hard time putting a football team on the field.

One of the many reasons that Wyoming is a great place to live and raise a family! memtb

https://kingfm.com/wyomings-smallest-high-school-graduation-classes-in-2018/
We had 46 seniors in 78
I can't remember the exact number but it was pretty much right at 500 in 97.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Federal mandate has the threshold at 10... and has had it there for a very long time.
Originally Posted by kid0917
high school, I believe it was 390 in 1975
college, around 10,000 in 1979

Here I thought you were older than me???

wink
Originally Posted by Nykki
About 15 in 1974

????
Assuming you did not graduate in Anchorage...
Because the Viet Nam war was winding down and many were being retired or let go through air bases I ended up in a monster graduating class of over 2,000. I had the highest GPA, but because I transferred "into" the school district my GPA only reflected what I did there... 4.0, but I challenged a couple "classes" and those scores were only scored as neutral numbers they gave it to locals. No issues, but it did cause me to lose a couple scholarships. I did get a sports scholarship to a major school and earned it. And I graduated ahead of schedule...
300 something in 81, got kicked of school a week before graduation for skipping school to work.
I think 450. 1973.
125 in '66....
Graduated with 55 classmates and we all hung out together. Knew the entire graduating class from a school near me though. It was a whooping 2 students. Closed the school the next year and incorporated it into the neighboring town school.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by slumlord

Federal mandate has the threshold at 10... and has had it there for a very long time.

Federal mandate?

Many of the schools around here graduate less than 10 each year.
Many of the schools coop for sports. I know of one coop with three schools just to play 6 man football.
My graduating class was something around 25 or 26 back in 2001. Thats a co-op of 3 towns.
There were 20 girls in my senior class of 42. I banged 4 of them. That’s 20%. I did alright.
Originally Posted by memtb

One of the many reasons that Wyoming is a great place to live and raise a family! memtb

Stop that!! First thing you know, a hoard of Californians will be reading things like that and we'll be swarmed under.

grin grin grin
Originally Posted by memtb

Large schools and small schools have different advantages.

We moved off our acreage and into a suburban neighborhood so that our kids could attend schools with academic advantages. The Millard Public School District that we moved to is much bigger, about 20x bigger, that the Springfield-Platteview School District and its 1,200 enrolled students that we left. My kids didn't get to play high school sports like they probably would have if we hadn't moved, but school should be about academics and Millard offers a much more robust academic opportunity for kids going to college or into the trades.
140 in 68
My Class of 78 had 224 students. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 60 are dead, according to the alumni listings.

Lynn
166 in Rawlins, WY
About tree fiddy Eugene, Oregon 1982
Biggest ever st that time .62
471 in 1985 RCC Cobblers
I think it was 36 if I remember correctly, but I was never very good at math. 😄
Les
220 in 1980 Double A school at the time. Now its 4 A.
151 at HS graduation. 1st grade I had 6 classmates (7 total) and the teacher - my mom always said we weren't taught, we were tutored. We moved to a "big" town when I was in 5th grade.
311 from DuBois Pa. in 1979.

Dale
215 in 76 and 3006 in 1980 from college
Originally Posted by ldholton
Biggest ever st that time .62

Which sixty-two hundredths of a person?
1977 from Hermon-DeKalb Central School in northern New York. 31 in my graduating class. 16 girls and 15 boys. And I still couldn’t get a date.
My class had 19. My mom and dad were in the same class....there wer 9..school is closed now...
9 in Yakutat Alaska
84 in BFE Oregon
© 24hourcampfire