Home
Posted By: Oldman03 Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Been busy moving into the house, but this weekend, we're kinda taking a break. Oh, we'll move some stuff today, but got other things to do also.

Today, they are having a fish fry to raise money for a young lady that was hurt in a car accident. Not her fault, but she's the one that's gonna pay for the other's mistake. Gonna help up there this morning.

Then tomorrow afternoon got a meeting about a planned community crawfish boil. I'm just guessing, but I'll probably volunteer to cook.

Then Monday evening, the neighboring town is having some folks, from LSU, do a class for the volunteer fire depts. I plan to attend this meeting/training session.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
mudbugs starting to come on the market pretty good?
Posted By: vapodog Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
I'm going to New Mexico to cultivate some elk hunting for this fall. It beats staying here and watching the robins breed!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
There you go making me hungry for seafood again! grin

You needed a fun weekend without all the work of moving.

Have fun! Thanks for helping that young lady out.

I'm done clearing the pad site for the new house.

Gonna spend the weekend clearing brush from under the live oaks on the north side of the pad.

Pulling brush, then moving and making brush piles to burn later with the grapple.

Puller...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Chores, I help some, move some hay. Chores Sunday morning, church, a big Pow wow after on merging.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
As a retiree, I do not golf or fish on weekends. Weekends are for all you working stiffs to wedge in some fun.

I'll be meeting a Marine former fighter jock for lunch today, but that's all I have on the agenda.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Putter in the garden.

Put in some green beans. Mebbe some yellow squash.

Planted a few tomatoes and an assortment of peppers for the war department thur & fri.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by kid0917

Kid, to be honest, I don't know. I'm up here in 'the far northern territory' of Louisiana and have been working on finishing and moving into the house. Usually, and this year shouldn't be any different from what I've seen, mudbugs are available, but costly, this time of the year. After Easter, the price will come down and more will be available. It's the old supply and demand thing.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Just not going to work for two days. That's enough to make me smile!
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Kid, to be honest, I don't know. I'm up here in 'the far northern territory' of Louisiana and have been working on finishing and moving into the house. Usually, and this year shouldn't be any different from what I've seen, mudbugs are available, but costly, this time of the year. After Easter, the price will come down and more will be available. It's the old supply and demand thing.

They are "Dust Bugs" down here this year... laugh
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
I used to get a 5 lb plate of whole-boiled, and could easily polish all of them off. I really miss a lot of Louisiana things!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Work in the shop and pet the dog.
Posted By: stomatador Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
No chores today, we're going shopping for a new travel trailer. We'll swing by the our younger daughters place in Davis county and pick up my son-in-law and grandson who'll join us for the day, then we'll head down to Salt Lake City to look at an Arctic Fox and whatever else strikes our fancy. At some point I'll get tired and grumpy from dealing with RV salesmen (the lowest form of life) and we'll head to dinner with the kids before returning home.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rain/snow, so chores are out then too. We'll likely have my older daughter and her kids over for dinner tomorrow and play a few games. Other than that I'll be playing with the Arrowhead Gen2 LRMP Breech Plug System I picked up for a Paramount muzzleloader.

Right now I'm getting ready to jump on my bicycle and try to wear our dog out so he'll be ready to chill in the back of the car today while we look at rv's.

Looking this over I realize this is going to be a "messin' around" weekend.
Posted By: pahick Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Work. Not much else to do for another week or 2. Then Maple Syrup festivals, trout season, and turkey huntin starts.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Did you get a new dog.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Yes. She's a pretty girl but she needs some work to get rid of a couple of bad habits from the previous so called owners.
Posted By: EdM Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Here with the gang hunting hogs in south Texas. Last night was a show put on by Doc and LT with guitars around the fire. Sipping coffee this AM rather than sitting in a blind as it was a late night... Hunt this evening, head to the San Antonio airport in the morning dropping off Joe then home to see my son who is home for spring break.
Got a table at the Nampa, ID gun show this weekend so I'll be having the following conversation repeated ad infinitum:

"Will you take (asking price - 50%) for that?"

"No, but I'd take (asking price - some single digit%)"

"Okay, well, lemme think about it..."
Posted By: pete53 Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
here in Minnesota its still winter so today i am loading ammo for my 25 Creedmoor about 50 rounds ,for Sundays winter rifle shoot in Central Minnesota.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Work in the shop and pet the dog.

And installing a Leupold 1.5X4 on my new 444..
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
A fun filled day awaits.....the blower motor went out about 3am this morn in the Trane 5 ton central unit in the main part of the hacienda.

Luckily, I have a spare!!

The house lady already has the bosch drill with 5/16 bit and spare motor beside the back door. Wooooof!!! 😃
Posted By: BamBam Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Well I’ve been working six days a week for the past 4 1/2 years, and put in about six months of 7 days a week, crazy busy :-) I have Sunday off I’m going out shopping, going to pick up toilet paper hand sanitizer and bottled water. Weather permitting I’m going up flying in the afternoon.
Posted By: memtb Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20

Listening to Zachary baseball! You need to take a break....you’ve been putting in a lot of overtime! Enjoy your weekend! 👍 memtb
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Picking up sticks and cleaning gutters.

I've heard that with all the recent rain upstream that catching mudbugs down south is mighty slow.
Posted By: Steve Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
After wrangling the innards of our wood stove, thinking of getting a new shop vac.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
We had our flying club 182RG up at Capital City PA for some avionics work so another member gave me a ride up in a 172 and I flew it back this am. Winds up to 25 kts. Not a smooth ride across the hills.

Sitting here about to put the monthly money into the IRAs as I've been doing since 1989 and pay the other bills.

I've been working on some ottomans to go with our favorite reading chairs in the living room in front of the fireplace. All the tenons are cut, time for mortises and initial construction. I do the woodworking then off to the subcontractor (my wife) for upholstering. grin

Looking forward to trout fishing but it's just a bit early for me so will also clean some lines and organize the fly boxes.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Shoot my .270 Winchester and get the .375 RUM on paper tomorrow.
Posted By: memtb Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Are you gonna use the 270, as a primer? wink memtb
Posted By: hanco Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
On the way downtown to see the Eagles, spend the night, drink a bit of Jack.

Downtown Houston, George R Brown convention center

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by hanco

Where are they playing?
Saw them a couple of years ago, before Glenn died. Best concert I have ever seen. Joe Walsh is an alien. No human can play guitar like that. Takes at least 3 hands. Enjoy!
Took my mom to a couple flea markets. She likes to look at junk, it was a day with her.

Was on the lookout for some bowling pins. I was wanna shoot some. No luck.

Lunch at McAlisters. They got some good groceries.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by memtb

Are you gonna use the 270, as a primer? wink memtb

Yes. wink
Posted By: rong Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Where are they playing?

Looks like Houston

Would that be the 270 Ingwe?
Posted By: hanco Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Where are they playing?

Toyota Center. Houston
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
Guide trail rides with pretty girls.

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
just got home about a hour ago from the hog hunt, going to rest then run west to Alice tomorrow to see the sancha.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by websterparish47

I've heard that with all the recent rain upstream that catching mudbugs down south is mighty slow.

Could be you're right, I haven't heard. Usually the bugs caught this time of the year are from rice fields. They warm up faster than the basin. The farmers will double crop the fields. Bugs until about the middle of April and then plant rice. By then, the basin water is warming up and they start getting the wild bugs from there.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to become mentally and emotionally strong

Stuart Smith, Joe Walsh, Deacon Fry, Timothy B Schmit, Vince Gill. Near to away, Don Henley on drums. Most excellent show, superb harmonies
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
nobody in a hot dog costume trying to climb over security? 😃🙄
Bunch of damn old people!

Like me

130 apiece for nose bleed seats, 500 and up for floor seats.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20
Oldman3: Spent last Friday and yesterday at a "bonzai" gunshow in Sandpoint, Idaho!
It was absolutely "smokin"shared 5 tables with old friends - heavily attended show very little (maybe NO junk and un-related items!) lots of free wheelin, old-timey, guntradin, swappin, buyin, lyin and great times eating and visiting.
Then last night drove the 6 hours home and been busy with honey-do's and gun inventory updating!
Wind is calming down here so will be shooting tomorrow.
Out for dinner tonight and maybe a movie.
Hold into the wind
VarmrintGuy
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/08/20

Nope,it's spitting rain off and on so,I am watching the movie "For a few dollars more."
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Your weekend plans.... - 03/09/20

Was a good one, thank you !