Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Not much of a whiskey drinker. Or much of a drinker at all...

So I'm asking here...

How's Seagram's 7?

Brother in law gave me a case of the 1.75L bottles yesterday.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's not sweet crap like Crown, is it?

He did throw in a case of Jose Cuervo Gold, and a case each of rum and white tequila.

Is the Seagram's drinkable?
Posted By: postoak Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Canadian whiskeys are the best. Mild and not sweet like Bourbon. I, myself, drink Canadian Club Reserve.

That bottle of Seagrams is $21.99 and same size in Canadian Club Reserve is $29.99.

Standard Crown Royal is $42.97 but a bit rougher than those two above.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Only good for mixing, bringing to parties or to give away as gives to heavy drinkers IMO
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
I used to drink it as a kid because that's what our well rig operator stashed around the equipment.

It's ok for the bottom shelf with a mixer.
Posted By: antlers Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
7&7 ain’t bad at all.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Run by the gas station, get 64 oz bucket of fountain cola, dump about 7 ounces of Seagrams in it. Head to the fishin hole.

Don’t forget the crickets and some black n milds
Posted By: northcountry Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by antlers
7&7 ain’t bad at all.

I think we have a winner as long as you use lots of 7-up. Cheers NC I say this being from Canada a while ago!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Only good for mixing, bringing to parties or to give away as gives to heavy drinkers IMO

Yeah, I think it was SHTF whiskey for trading/barter.

They have literally a house full of survival food, etc. that they are unloading on us. (They are going to be moving, and don't want to take the stuff with them.)

Cases and cases of every sort of survival food you can imagine. shocked

That's where I got the freeze dried ice cream.

I have taken literally a barn full of wheat in 5 and 6 gallon sealed buckets too. (I got a few from him a couple years ago, and planted it as a deer plot... smile )
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Its not my favorite.....but it will get you there.

People who dont drink whiskey can usually drink a bit of Mist or 7.
He entices me to take the bulky stuff by sprinkling in good stuff with it.

He gave me 8 full cases of 12ga 00 buckshot and several thousand rounds of 22lr so far too.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
He is not headed north for any reason is he?

I do like free stuff.....my chair came from the dumps .
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Like a fruitcake, give them away at Christmas.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
It isn't fit to drink by itself 'cause it sort of tastes like vanilla-Coke syrup mixed with vodka.

I've heard it called "vodka whiskey" 'cause some people think that the "blend" is 75% vodka or grain alcohol and 25% whiskey.

Mix is with Coke, Ginger Ale, Ginger Beer, or Seven-Up. When I was a kid, one of the WW2 Marines who hunted with my Father's crew, Fred ??, was a Whiskey & Ginger drinker. I seem to recall that Fred was really particular about the ginger ale that he mixed his Seagram 7 with, only Schweppes brand would do. If he didn't have Schweppes ginger ale, he wouldn't drink. Fred liked to play poker, but wasn't very good at it, worse when he was drinking, so someone always managed to find a bottle of Schweppes ginger ale when it looked like Fred would run out and might drop out of a game.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Don't do it Barry!!

He just wants to get you drunk so he can take advantage of you sister...............
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
How are the Ice cream bars?

With all that schit you're going to be ready for the Kung Flu buddy.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Drank quite a bit of "sebbin sebbin" in 'Nam. But then again, we also drank Scotch and root beer and Alka-Seltzer daquiris, so judge from that. Haven't touched S-7 since, now that I think about it. Maybe ought to.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Bowel prep is "drinkable".............just not palatable.

However............the best brand of booze always was "other people's". If I were outta bowel prep, and the stores were all closed, 7 and Coke would work. I'd HAVE to mix it with SOMETHING......
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Sheesh you'd think I was drinking writing my response. HA!

You could always donate it to your favorite organization that have Food Fundraisers and sell drinks. Local Ducks Unlimited and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Chapter etc... Private Schools, Local Churches as well.

Keep a bottle or two for that annoying family member that always shows up empty handed but drinks like Churchill.

Originally Posted by FatCity67

Yeah, I think it was SHTF whiskey for trading/barter.

They have literally a house full of survival food, etc. that they are unloading on us. (They are going to be moving, and don't want to take the stuff with them.)

Cases and cases of every sort of survival food you can imagine. shocked

That's where I got the freeze dried ice cream.

I have taken literally a barn full of wheat in 5 and 6 gallon sealed buckets too. (I got a few from him a couple years ago, and planted it as a deer plot... smile )
Posted By: slumlord Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Send it to conrad

Help break his phlegm up
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Don't do it Barry!!

He just wants to get you drunk so he can take advantage of you sister...............

LOL. He's married to my wife's sister.

And I just have 2 brothers... smile

How are the Ice cream bars?

With all that schit you're going to be ready for the Kung Flu buddy.

That stuff is pretty damned good! Been looking for another case of those but no luck yet! frown

Hell, they are like $32 for one can like I posted.
Posted By: ribka Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Champagne wishes and caviar dreams

Originally Posted by slumlord
Run by the gas station, get 64 oz bucket of fountain cola, dump about 7 ounces of Seagrams in it. Head to the fishin hole.

Posted By: savatage Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Back in the day, 7 & 7 was a goto drink , on the rocks.
I had a neighbor across the street who re-stored classic cars . Corvettes , Camaro`s , Mustang,s and Nova,s .
I would watch him do his magic while sipping on a "perfect Manhattan"
Try this you may enjoy wink

Ingredients

2 ounces whiskey
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
2 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
Maraschino cherry or small piece lemon peel for garnish

Preparation

In mixing glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine whiskey, vermouth, and bitters. Stir well, about 20 seconds, then strain into cocktail glass. Add cherry or twist lemon peel directly over drink to release essential oils, and serve.

Here, the word "perfect" refers not to the quality of the cocktail (though we do love this version), but to the equal amounts of sweet and dry vermouth used to make it.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Rockinbbar: I don't have a clue as to the palatability of Seagrams 7 but would be curious to know if your brother in law has "connections"?
Enjoy (I hope) the Seagrams etc.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Slumlord has the right recipe, although I prefer Diet Coke. We buy it two half gallons (1.75) at a time at Sam's Club for $16.99. My wife switches between that and Jim Beam for her mixing. It's not the best to me for sipping.

KC
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
7&7 is the way to go.

refreshing drink after some work, about like light beer.

good thing about them, no one wants to drink a bunch of 7up, so ya stop after one or two.

I'd like to know where BIL is headed, sounds like the world won't end there.

Sycamore
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
Slumlord has the right recipe, although I prefer Diet Coke. We buy it two half gallons (1.75) at a time at Sam's Club for $16.99. My wife switches between that and Jim Beam for her mixing. It's not the best to me for sipping.

KC

$16.99 each or for two?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/08/20
I always liked Seagrams 7 mixed with one Ice cube. Just like most other whisky.
It's not syrupy sweet straight up?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Originally Posted by savatage
Back in the day, 7 & 7 was a goto drink , on the rocks.
I had a neighbor across the street who re-stored classic cars . Corvettes , Camaro`s , Mustang,s and Nova,s .
I would watch him do his magic while sipping on a "perfect Manhattan"
Try this you may enjoy wink

Ingredients

2 ounces whiskey
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
2 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
Maraschino cherry or small piece lemon peel for garnish

Preparation

In mixing glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine whiskey, vermouth, and bitters. Stir well, about 20 seconds, then strain into cocktail glass. Add cherry or twist lemon peel directly over drink to release essential oils, and serve.

Here, the word "perfect" refers not to the quality of the cocktail (though we do love this version), but to the equal amounts of sweet and dry vermouth used to make it.

Popov and cheetos when we worked on cars in the shop.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Seagrams is not something I drink, but a free case ain’t all that bad
Posted By: WAM Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Drank quite a bit of "sebbin sebbin" in 'Nam. But then again, we also drank Scotch and root beer and Alka-Seltzer daquiris, so judge from that. Haven't touched S-7 since, now that I think about it. Maybe ought to.

You know, Rocky, the last 7n7 I drank was likely in the Air Force club in Nha Trang AB in 1971. That schit was rotgut then and it is rotgut now, although I drank most anything back then. The poster that said Crown was rough really won’t like 7! Seagrams 7 is the Mad Dog 20/20 of the whisky world. LOL! Pendleton is a pretty good Canadian. Windsor, McNaughtons, CC, CDN Mist, R&R, Black Velvet, etc are all bottom shelf in-law whisky.
Happy Trails
Posted By: hanco Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
We drank it in high school
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20

Don't do it Barry!!

LOL. He's married to my wife's sister.

Well then that's OK. Bottoms up Bro!!
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Been 50 years since I was in a bar. Was at a wedding recently where I was asked what I wanted to drink. Only drink I could think of was 7&7.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
I'm wondering what you did to tick him off?
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
When I was about 15 three of us scored a quart of Seagrams and took it and some hot dogs out to one of the nearby islands to camp out. We filled up on fire roasted hot dogs and Seagrams right from the bottle, then headed across the river to a Brockville Ontario where they were having their summer carnival. At some point I puked my guts (and hot dogs) up on the street, we headed back to the boat and after some more Seagrams, felt better. We went back to the island where we had the bright idea to put both 7 1/2 hsp outboards on one of the 12 foot boats and cruise up the river to one of the Canadian island parks to see if any girls were camping up there. We tied the tillers together so the props would stay apart and took off. The boat cruised along like that, at one point we overtook a big dry bulker and got close enough to holler in through an open port to the guys in the engine room, probably 12 or 15 feet off the side of the ship. There weren’t any girls camping out up there so we finished the Seagrams and slept it off till morning. I don’t think I’ve had any since.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20

So I'm asking here...

How's Seagram's 7?

He did throw in a case of Jose Cuervo Gold, and a case each of rum and white tequila.

Blech.......Seagram's of any sort is solvent at best. Out in the villages where R&R and Gilbey's rule, Seagram's is considered to be high-end schitt.

V.O isn't real bad. I can choke it down if offered by friends as not to offend them.

Originally Posted by postoak
Canadian whiskeys are the best. Mild and not sweet like Bourbon. I, myself, drink Canadian Club Reserve.

That bottle of Seagrams is $21.99 and same size in Canadian Club Reserve is $29.99.

Standard Crown Royal is $42.97 but a bit rougher than those two above.

I've never met a Canadian beer I didn't like. I've yet to meet a Canadian whiskey I could stand.
If it was all we had, we would drink it!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
If the panic keeps going, I may just buy some small spray bottles and sell it as "Hand Sanitizer"... laugh

It would too! wink
Posted By: K22 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20

So I'm asking here...

How's Seagram's 7?

Here's all I need to know about Seagrams...............

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ram-heiress-clare-bronfman-pleads-guilty

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/nyregion/nxivm-clare-bronfman.html

Well... Kinda, sorta in a far off land sort of way... Nearly. But not quite.

The Bronfmans sold out years ago. To an English distillery conglomerate called Diageo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo

They have about as much to do with Seagram's as the Ford Motor Co. has to do with the Ford Foundation. Nothing. All ties cut.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
It's not syrupy sweet straight up?

I don't think so, it's not like southern comfort or anything like that.

standard deer/elk hunting whiskey when I grew up in Northern Arizona.

People that grew up in the Depression and went to WWII after high school liked a drink at camp, and weren't putting on airs.

270, 30-06, 300 savage. One guy won a new .308 in a big buck contest. People thought that was pretty good. I was the first reloader I ever knew.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Back in high school, we were not fans of Seagram's. Kessler was our preferred white trash whiskey. "Smooth as silk"

[Linked Image from cdn1.masterofmalt.com]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Originally Posted by auk1124
Back in high school, we were not fans of Seagram's. Kessler was our preferred white trash whiskey. "Smooth as silk"

What?

You didn't swipe bottles of Ten High?

Geno
Growing up in oil field West Texas...

The roustabouts always drank OFC.

They said it stands for Oil Field Champagne.. laugh

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Bottled in Bond even.

Cool.

Geno

Well... Kinda, sorta in a far off land sort of way... Nearly. But not quite.

The Bronfmans sold out years ago. To an English distillery conglomerate called Diageo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo

They have about as much to do with Seagram's as the Ford Motor Co. has to do with the Ford Foundation. Nothing. All ties cut.

I think the Bronfman girls are still heirs to Seagram's. Clare Bronfman also owns Fiji Water.
This is making we want some!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
I heard, "Only For Catholics".
Posted By: Texczech Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I heard, "Only For Catholics".

The old joke around here is what is the difference between Baptist and Catholics? A Catholic will say hi to you in the liquid store and a Baptist wont!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Bronfman_Jr.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Originally Posted by auk1124

Got the Frederick Douglass on the bottle. Haha

Please tell us what role Clare Bronfman had at Seagrams, other than inheriting money from her daddy?

Kinda like comparing William Randolph Hearst with Patty... wink
Posted By: jnyork Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
My first taste of whiskey was Seagrams 7 , snitched out of a bottle my dad kept under the sink for special occasions, like if one or more of his cousins or brothers came over to visit. This would have been about 1950 or so when I was 10. Never did get so I liked it, much preferred Canadian Club up until the day I quit drinking 40 years later.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Did I hear someone say, Whisky?[Linked Image from latimes.com]
Posted By: natman Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20
Around here a 1.75L bottle of Seagrams 7 goes for about $17. At that price you can't expect fine sippin' whisky and it's not. I've had it straight on occasion when that was all there was and it's OK. It's much better in a mixed cocktail. I like it with Coke, if I want an alcoholic beverage and I'm thirsty.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/09/20

So I'm asking here...

How's Seagram's 7?

Barry, I wont drink blended whiskey anymore. Stuff is not good for a person.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
7 or Black Velvet used to be my weapons of choice back in my drinking days. Now it's unsweetened ice tea and unsweetened ice tea.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
If you're going to drink it buy some ginger ale. A splash of that with a couple pieces of ice makes it tolerable.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
Originally Posted by BigNate
If you're going to drink it buy some ginger ale. A splash of that with a couple pieces of ice makes it tolerable.

Oh, I doubt I'll drink any.

Just curious what kind of whiskey it is.

May have to trade a bottle for a roll of toilet paper though. laugh
Posted By: K22 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20

Please tell us what role Clare Bronfman had at Seagrams, other than inheriting money from her daddy?

From the question you just posed you must know what her role was at Seagrams. And like you said, money from daddy keeps her in furs and children. I'm sure that money daddy gave/gives her was from his lawn mowing business.

If you are alright with the role Seagrams has played in child trafficking and the JFK assassination, then by all means carry on.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
7 & 7 is my go to. I'm just as much not a whiskey snob as a beer snob. Whiskey is whiskey and beer is beer to me.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
I remember 7 and 7 as a kid. Changed to ginger ale, not as sweet. The rich kids drank CC.
Posted By: tzone Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

That about sums it up actually.
Posted By: mathman Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Barry, I wont drink blended whiskey anymore. Stuff is not good for a person.

These are blended.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com][Linked Image from d256619kyxncpv.cloudfront.net]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/10/20
Originally Posted by K22

From the question you just posed you must know what her role was at Seagrams. And like you said, money from daddy keeps her in furs and children. I'm sure that money daddy gave/gives her was from his lawn mowing business.

If you are alright with the role Seagrams has played in child trafficking and the JFK assassination, then by all means carry on.

What role did Clare have at Seagrams?

Your reasoning is cryptic and impossible for normal people to follow. As usual.

Guess I'm just missing that part of my brain that leaves everything open to innuendo.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by k20350
7 & 7 is my go to. I'm just as much not a whiskey snob as a beer snob. Whiskey is whiskey and beer is beer to me.

I knew a grownup would weigh in eventually!
Posted By: K22 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by K22

What role did Clare have at Seagrams?

Your reasoning is cryptic and impossible for normal people to follow. As usual.

Guess I'm just missing that part of my brain that leaves everything open to innuendo.

That's your reasoning? Hhhhmmmmm!
You considered that innuendo! Really.
Gosh almighty, guess I'm not a normie. ...............uh, I'm alright with that. LOL
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by K22

Gosh almighty, guess I'm not a normie. ...............uh, I'm alright with that. LOL

You still haven't told us what role Clare had in the company's operation.

By your method of exclusion, anyone that owns a successful business that has kids that have done anything criminal excludes you from using that business, even though the kids had nothing to do with operating the business.

You must have to hunt high and low for basic services that fall under your prerequisite for approval.

Tinfoil must be as as short on the shelves as TP in your area.
Posted By: K22 Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by K22

By your method of exclusion, anyone that owns a successful business that has kids that have done anything criminal excludes you from using that business, even though the kids had nothing to do with operating the business.

You must have to hunt high and low for basic services that fall under your prerequisite for approval.

Actually it was you who made the claim that she had no role. I'm still waiting to hear how you knew that and what proof you have.
I figure it's just your way of justifying why you are ok with a product no matter the immoral role they play in society.
As I said earlier, if you can live with it that's your call.

I love you're tinfoil comment, sure made me feel bad. smirk
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20

FREE THE SEAGRAMS 7!
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20

So I'm asking here...

How's Seagram's 7?

My favorite cheap plastic bottled whiskey
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

FREE THE SEAGRAMS 7!

I'm in!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Seagrams 7 ?? - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Actually it was you who made the claim that she had no role. I'm still waiting to hear how you knew that and what proof you have.
I figure it's just your way of justifying why you are ok with a product no matter the immoral role they play in society.
As I said earlier, if you can live with it that's your call.

I love you're tinfoil comment, sure made me feel bad. smirk

Again your confusion gets the better of you. And in public, no less.

I simply asked you what role she had in the company structure.

Now you are asking me to prove she wasn't running the company... Great. Sounds just like they did Trump...

"Russian Collusion! Russia Russia Russia!"

You cannot prove what doesn't exist.

Or perhaps you can show us some valid information and sources that DOES say Clare had more of a part in the family business other than being a simple heir?

Please do.

But I know you can't, anymore than you can prove that kook schidt you post on here daily.
© 24hourcampfire