Home
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/11/...o-declares-covid-19-outbreak-global-h1n1

I wonder if old farts should buy their own ventilator.
Don't get the Covid!
It could have all kind of uses

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hu...rage-wifes-pregnancy-to-avoid-deposition
Will elections be postponed?
Originally Posted by watch4bear

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"
Good grief- - - - -healthy people of any age don't have much to worry about. Anyone with a compromised immune system, and particularly ones with respiratory problems are at risk, but the plain old flu is killing far more people than this over-hyped, manufactured panic-demic! "Never let a good crisis go to waste!" Some sort of medical panic has happened during every election year for a long time.

I haven't had a really serious respiratory problem in close to 20 years. I used to get a severe cold or the flu 2 or 3 times a year. Then I quit smoking after my first heart attack and changed a few other things about my lifestyle. My wife has refused to quit, and she catches every respiratory illness that comes around and she wheezes and struggles for every breath she takes. Nicotine addiction is a terrible thing!. We're both in our mid-70's, BTW!
Jerry
Took them a little while!

Let's postpone it for four years, then Trump can run for his second term... laugh
So, the second beast of Revelation, the UN, takes over. Right on cue.
[Linked Image from thespinoff.co.nz]
Originally Posted by jaguartx
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/11/...o-declares-covid-19-outbreak-global-h1n1

I wonder if old farts should buy their own ventilator.

There are large outbreaks of the virus in Italy, South Korea, and the United States. In the US, the slow rollout of testing and limited testing capacity has crippled response to the disease.

ouch
Originally Posted by Redneck

Let's postpone it for four years, then Trump can run for his second term... laugh

I'd vote for that.
I do have an oxygen generator in the house.

Will this do? grin
At 80 this is MY 'ventilator'!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Covid now reported in my county.
Woke the ol lady up and told her the news.
And that she ought to give me a hummer since we are all gonna die.

Ill wake her up and tell her again tomorrow.

And the next day.

And the next

smile
Originally Posted by hookeye
Covid now reported in my county.
Woke the ol lady up and told her the news.
And that she ought to give me a hummer since we are all gonna die.

Ill wake her up and tell her again tomorrow.

And the next day.

And the next

smile

If ur lucky.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Don't get the Covid!

Admit it, you got that from my Sig line, huh, huh?
It’s not a pandemic, It’s a Dem panic.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Good grief- - - - -healthy people of any age don't have much to worry about. Anyone with a compromised immune system, and particularly ones with respiratory problems are at risk, but the plain old flu is killing far more people than this over-hyped, manufactured panic-demic! "Never let a good crisis go to waste!" Some sort of medical panic has happened during every election year for a long time.

I haven't had a really serious respiratory problem in close to 20 years. I used to get a severe cold or the flu 2 or 3 times a year. Then I quit smoking after my first heart attack and changed a few other things about my lifestyle. My wife has refused to quit, and she catches every respiratory illness that comes around and she wheezes and struggles for every breath she takes. Nicotine addiction is a terrible thing!. We're both in our mid-70's, BTW!
Jerry

So covid is 10 x 0.1 death rate of flu death rate means 1%.

BS for me and you. We, being 70 automatically 8x more which is 8x1=8. Now, ex smokers are 2x more susceptible. 2x8 =16.

So, 0.1 into 16 = 160 x as likely to dye. shocked whistle
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I do have an oxygen generator in the house.

Will this do? grin

I have a methane generator that goes everywhere with me...
but the plain old flu is killing far more people.

Why do people keep saying this? It's entirely irrelevant. All that matters is the propensity for contagion and the death rate per number of victims. Overall deaths comparisons are worthless, since the pandemic is at a very early stage.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
but the plain old flu is killing far more people.

Why do people keep saying this? It's entirely irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. It's perspective.
I’d rather have corona than a Democrat President.
So you’re young and healthy and shouldn’t have anything to worry about if you catch it?

But then aren’t you effectively spreading it? You don’t cancel a trip because you’re not afraid of this virus but then when you come back home and don’t show symptoms, you go over to Granny’s house because she made that cobbler you like and then Granny’s tits up in a few weeks because of your arrogance?

I guess I just look at it as I’m not necessarily worried about it for myself because I’m young and somewhat healthy. But, at least from my perspective, there are zero pros to catching it and quite a few cons, regardless of whether or not it affects me directly.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I’d rather have corona than a Democrat President.

I'd rather you had Corona than a DNC POTUS too.
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
So you’re young and healthy and shouldn’t have anything to worry about if you catch it?

But then aren’t you effectively spreading it? You don’t cancel a trip because you’re not afraid of this virus but then when you come back home and don’t show symptoms, you go over to Granny’s house because she made that cobbler you like and then Granny’s tits up in a few weeks because of your arrogance?

I guess I just look at it as I’m not necessarily worried about it for myself because I’m young and somewhat healthy. But, at least from my perspective, there are zero pros to catching it and quite a few cons, regardless of whether or not it affects me directly.

Bingo.
Poor old Granny, gone, gone, gone.

People are gonna panic!

I have a lot of leaves in my yard. I guess, I can wipe my ass with those!!
It's Mother Earth's response to anthropomorphic global warming. It's all good, the eartth will be so much better when all the people are gone. crazy
Originally Posted by nighthawk
It's Mother Earth's response to anthropomorphic global warming. It's all good, the eartth will be so much better when all the people are gone. crazy

Humm. I guess she read Eyes of Darkness and got an idea. wink
I heard somewhere that Covid-19 could well end up being a regular seasonal malaise (having now been unable to be contained into extinction) similar to how the flu does its rounds - hopefully providing for a chance to eventually develop a vaccine against it.
Because it has become apparent that so many of the people who do not worship at the climate change altar are in the "more mature" demographic, it was necessary to develope a virus which could target them. GD
What a crazy cozy coincidence. Wasnt Angela the name of Hitlers daughter?

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-09/08/c_138374216_4.htm
© 24hourcampfire