Home
It seems it might be much worse than I had originally thought. Dr. Michael Osterholm at University of Minnesota believes we will have in the USA 96 million cases of the virus, 48 million hospitalizations and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months. Grim.

More info is available in this interview on JRE:

169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.
Jack,

I really, REALLY hope you are right!
Originally Posted by jackmountain
169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.

And this happened in China because China took it seriously and intervened. It didn't happen naturally. The point to all the warnings and projections here is to get people here to do what China was able to do. The difference is that the Chinese tend to do what they are told, while we have people here who think they know more than the experts and who see conspiracy theories in everything they aren't capable of understanding.
It's bullchit like this causing hysteria

Hard to believe anything China says though.

Take China’s word for numbers. That’s smart.

And is America doing the same things as China did to try to contain it? Or did the CDC test only 77 people last week?

The World War 1 flu mutated and got deadlier as it progressed. Wonder could that happen with this virus?
Posted By: Teal Re: Grim Projections for COVID-19 - 03/16/20
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

For heavens sake this isn’t about Trump. Damn this is getting tiresome.

Tomorrow, the new Covid numbers will be released. The last. Umbers came out Friday. On Friday, Italy saw their highest number of mortalities in one day from the virus. As a result, the place is all under quarantine and people are singing to each other in the streets through their windows. Look in to something instead of immediately saying this is just the media trying to screw Trump.
Originally Posted by teal
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflatinthe death rate.

same here.

still not over it
Is vegas doing odds and betting on it yet?
Originally Posted by lapua6547

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflatinthe death rate.

same here.

still not over it

This same scenerio is repeated everywhere. I got sick then pneumonia that took 41 days to recover from. The docs I talk to from Lackland AFB think its been here because whatever test they were doing weren’t adding up and they weren’t testing for this Kung-Flu.

Furthermore, they were perplexed at my x-ray pattern of pneumonia and got a call last week for me to come in tomorrow for a check. Freaky !
I came down with it on black Friday, felt normal, no cough 3rd week of January.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

I had something like that several months ago. Fever, night sweats, dry aching cough. It was on me for about 2-3 weeks. I didn't go to the doctors either.

Now I am also wondering if it had been around back then, but not really diagnosed.
Just another Rogan clownshow.
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know.

I was talking to someone yesterday and they said the same thing.

Been thinking about it, as I had a weird cough for a couple weeks.

They shut down the old folks to visitors....
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I had something like that several months ago. Fever, night sweats, dry aching cough. It was on me for about 2-3 weeks. I didn't go to the doctors either.

Now I am also wondering if it had been around back then, but not really diagnosed.

All this time the docs told me, they thought it Was a flu caused viral pneumonia. Supposedly they are going back investigating pneumonia clusters as a better indicator of the theory

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

Tomorrow, the new Covid numbers will be released. The last. Umbers came out Friday. On Friday, Italy saw their highest number of mortalities in one day from the virus. As a result, the place is all under quarantine and people are singing to each other in the streets through their windows. Look in to something instead of immediately saying this is just the media trying to screw Trump.

Where did anyone say it was about Trump?
Originally Posted by Tarquin

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!

Mine was Christmas Eve to about February 3rd. And I know personally 27 others it happened to. Three were hospitalized.
Originally Posted by cooper57m

And this happened in China because China took it seriously and intervened. It didn't happen naturally. The point to all the warnings and projections here is to get people here to do what China was able to do. The difference is that the Chinese tend to do what they are told, while we have people here who think they know more than the experts and who see conspiracy theories in everything they aren't capable of understanding.

Exactly right...

I saw where people we let back into the US are griping like old women about having to wait a whole four hours to be screened.

J F C !!! a whole four hours to help keep a nationwide pandemic from spreading far more than it will anyway. I saw the lines in the airport, and the vast majority were younger sloppily dressed snowflakes. I wouldn't mind hearing that most dropped dead.
So that's 3 people in this thread alone who've dealt with something akin to covid19 but before it became common knowledge.

May not have been but I know mine was bad. Hurt to breathe and I had, what felt like pulled muscles/broken ribs from coughing so hard. I'd see stars.

Never tested, never counted etc. So many will basically do the same because what they have does not match the level if doom the media has portrayed. The X% death rate is based on a flawed count of infected people. Not to be trusted.
Lots of people in Wyoming had the flu, or thought it was. Docs said they did not know what it was. Same symptoms, headache, cough, very tired most had it 4 weeks. Most did not go to Doc. Just toughed it out. I think this has been in the wind for quite some time. When they start testing more ,Going to find a lot more cases.
Same here, I actually told my docs it felt like broken ribs. I have a lot of abdominal and chest scar tissue and it all hurt like hell
My lungs were really aching, and I felt very fatigued.

I didn't have general body/joint pain, vomititing or the sh-its as in typical flu.
Not saying I had it but looking back - would not be surprised if I did at the time.

Over weight, 40's and male. Alive.
I was ultra pissed, lost half my hunting season and 20lbs and the chit just would not go away.

Then, I couldn’t muster the energy to drive 12 hours back home to Alabama to finish the season so I hunted here on the Army Base. First day I slipped on a loose rock and smacked a cedar tree and had a black eye for two weeks.
I shoulda stayed in bed.

I could drop and do a set of 100 pushups on the perfect pushup device on Christmas Eve morning, I’m barley doing 42 now.
Originally Posted by Salty303

No chit.lol
So that's 3 people in this thread alone who've dealt with something akin to covid19 but before it became common knowledge.

May not have been but I know mine was bad. Hurt to breathe and I had, what felt like pulled muscles/broken ribs from coughing so hard. I'd see stars.

Never tested, never counted etc. So many will basically do the same because what they have does not match the level if doom the media has portrayed. The X% death rate is based on a flawed count of infected people. Not to be trusted.

Your point is spot on, and I guess it's safe to say that the actual death toll percentage will be less than 1/2 what is reported.
I had a bad cough, bronchitis end of Dec too. It was right after I spent the night at the hospital for a sleep study/bipap titration. The machine really dried my airways out. However, I didn't have a fever and my cough was productive. I doubt it was Covid but I'd be happy now if it was.

Bb

You’re right. I’m bouncing between 3 threads right now and got mixed up.

The hysteria is an absolute disgrace and I still don’t understand the TP connection. But the general consensus I’m getting is that people here want to make this about hype. A few day’s ago, I agreed with them. Now, not so much.
20 years ago, my younger son developed some crazy pneumonia. The x-rays of bis lungs looked solid white. Ended up in UVA pediatric ICU. Neither a lung flush nor a tissue biopsy gave them anything to culture. Suddenly, on about the 6th day, he began to recover, and was released on day 7 IIRC. he was on anti-fungals and antibiotics, but it was likely a virus, though the head of infectious medicine there thought it was bacterial. Who knows? One things certain, I don't recommend this sort of thing as a recreation.

He has a nice scar in his side, just like the one in pics of Jesus, from the biopsy.

Take China’s word for numbers. That’s smart.

They were claiming a few thousand cases when the 2 nurses and dr came on saying they needed help. One nurse said China had 90,000 cases. The other, or same a day or two later, said 100,000,000 cases.

A healthy 35 yo or so dr got it and died in a few days.

I think I may have had a case a couple mo ago. Dry cough, chills, sweated the bed wet under blankets while freezing. No hot flashes but cold, chills under blankets. Took 50 mg prednisone Q Od several times.

Thot I would be over it at times and go duck or quail hunting and be back in bed with sick again. Not too bad except I died.

You’re right. I’m bouncing between 3 threads right now and got mixed up.

The hysteria is an absolute disgrace and I still don’t understand the TP connection. But the general consensus I’m getting is that people here want to make this about hype. A few day’s ago, I agreed with them. Now, not so much.

Go get ya some double rolls then. Stock up. Hell I'd buy a new barn for the backyard.
With all the flights in and out of Wuhan before China copped to what was going on, there shouldn't be any surprise if folks had this back in December.
My 35 year old son had something he couldn’t shake either for about 34 days, it didn’t put him down like it did me.

Many described the same fizzy type soda sound when they would breath
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home.

I had the flu over Christmas. Three days in bed, lots of liquids, then gradual recovery. Cough persisted for weeks, but gradually went away.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Your point is spot on, and I guess it's safe to say that the actual death toll percentage will be less than 1/2 what is reported.

What is being reported are projections of what could happen based on what we know about this virus IF people don't take precautions. That is why everyone is harping on isolation and good hygiene to REDUCE transmission and mortality due to overwhelming our hospitals. Follow their recommendations and hope you are lucky. That's all we can do.
My farm manager and his wife came down with a very high fever and cough in early January. Weird thing was, none of the four kids got it. He's usually a workhorse that I can't keep up with, and I've had to drag him along for the last six weeks. He's just now starting to get over it. Whatever bug it was, it was nasty.
Not sure if Thanksgiving would be too early if it was here, but day after and all 2 weeks of hunting season I had what felt like walking pneumonia. Couldnt get enough breath by 2nd day. 3rd day electric went out at camp and neighbors left us know the co-op wouldnt have it back up for 4 days. My breathing was that bad I told my dad I wasnt sure I could drive 4 hrs home. I made it, but felt so dizzy I pulled into a hospital parking lot and contemplated going into ER. After I sat a bit with the window open and had some cool air I felt a bit better and drove rest of the way home. Next day doc gave me abx but they really didnt do much. I was still down for another week.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Mine was Christmas Eve to about February 3rd. And I know personally 27 others it happened to. Three were hospitalized.

Very interesting. Could be we've already had it?
I talked to a Nurse today and she told us that 5 people have come into her hospital to be checked out and all 5 of them did not have the Virus
Her husband works at an hospital 20 times the size of the one she works at and they have had 1 person come in and it was reported that that person had the virus and then later reported that they did not have the virus.

She told us that the reported peek for the virus was in about 2 weeks. (that is what they have been told at the places that both of them work)

So as of this morning there have been no confirmed cases of the Virus at 2 Hospitals in Communist Mexifornia.

But we can not buy Toilet Paper and our stores are being drained every day of almost everything.
Sam's Club emailed everyone and has changed their hours so that they can re stock before they open and Our Grocery stores are opening late to re stock as well.
People lined up waiting to get in in the mornings.
Posted By: MLC Re: Grim Projections for COVID-19 - 03/16/20
The H1N1 swine flu of 2009-2010 or even the regular flu was worst then this corona. People are be played.
Of all of us who suffered this terrible prolonged flu this winter, how many had taken the influenza vaccine this year?
My 35 year old son had something he couldn’t shake either for about 34 days, it didn’t put him down like it did me.

Many described the same fizzy type soda sound when they would breath

Crepitus. Makes a guy nervous. If it doesnt clear up you probably have developed Pulmonary Fibrosis and die or get a lung transplant and then die.

Let me say right here, if you have lung problems QUIT SMOKING and dont be doing much on the grill where you breathe smoke. Or diesel.
It did clear up but was a mo-fo

I’ll find out what the docs say tomorrow on Lackland,

Did any of you who had this mysterious respiratory illness earlier this winter get tested?

Perhaps it was the flu you folks had?

Or a bad "cold".

or something bacterial even?

Without having been tested.............................for all we know.........................it may have even been.......................

ALIEN life forms invading your body.

Geno

PS, I too had a low grade fever, started without the sore throat as usual though, aches and pains, and it morphed into bronchitis. Maybe I had the Corona? But not likely. I'll never know as I wasn't tested either.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Grim Projections for COVID-19 - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by achadwick
It seems it might be much worse than I had originally thought. Dr. Michael Osterholm at University of Minnesota believes we will have in the USA 96 million cases of the virus, 48 million hospitalizations and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months. Grim.]

That would mean a fatality rate of one half of one percent of those cases. Is that not a low percentage as compared with usual flu rates?
I tested positive for the A-Strain flu and after about 8 days got the pneumonia and had to sit there whilst docs looked at the xrays and said the pattern was strange so the termed it “junky”

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Did any of you who had this mysterious respiratory illness earlier this winter get tested?

Perhaps it was the flu you folks had?

Or a bad "cold".

or something bacterial even?

Without having been tested.............................for all we know.........................it may have even been.......................

ALIEN life forms invading your body.

Geno

PS, I too had a low grade fever, started without the sore throat as usual though, aches and pains, and it morphed into bronchitis. Maybe I had the Corona? But not likely. I'll never know as I wasn't tested either.

State of Washington starting to be "shut down"...Oregon probably will be next.

Set up your perimeters and when a couple more strictures imposed...prepare to repel "zombies".
Zombies like stir fry with death cap mushrooms
At least you were tested.

I got an xray to make sure I didn't have pneumonia and anti-biotics for the bronchitis. Lungs still felt like crap 2 weeks after that course too.

Geno

JL...you hangin' out with 'doofus?
So no one got tested for corona before the tests became available or needed ? What nerve......I’m tellin’ ya.
So no one got tested for corona before the tests became available or needed ? What nerve......I’m tellin’ ya.

a whole lot of folks didn't get tested for anything. And therefor don't know what they might have had. Flu, Corona, March Madness. No telling.

Geno
I've just gotten over a nasty respiratory infection. Lung X-rays didn't indicate pneumonia, but bronchitis-pharyngitis with rather severe asthma. Coughed violently for several weeks until it felt like bruised broken ribs. It just kept getting slowly worse and improved none until I went to the doctor. Over the counter medicine helped none. Antibiotics, steroids, expectorants, inhaler, decongestant, etc., prescription stuff all, finally cleared up in the last few days. Never did run a temp. Makes one wonder if the Wuflu wasn't already here before ever learning about it. BUT, there's already a bunch of respiratory bugs around, so most likely wasn't Covid-19. And certainly not the first time for me having bronchitis-pharyngitis. Guess I'll know soon enough.
Nasty rsv bug this year.
We're doomed.

this is not a joke :

ISIS advises terrorists on coronavirus to avoid Europe for jihad

https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-tells-its-terrorists-not-to-travel-to-europe

Warning! Warning! Don't go to Europe! You might contract a fatal disease on your way to explode yourself to death. crazy
Posted By: Quak Re: Grim Projections for COVID-19 - 03/16/20
I had the exact thing everyone is describing. Got sick November 16th. Seperated ribs from coughing so hard but tested negative for flu. Still dealing with cough intervals honestly. 3 cycles of prednisone to no avail. Sickest I’ve been in years. Body aches, chills, then the horrible cough that still lingers. Server friends had it too all over Michigan and some in close proximity to me.

I’m thinking we had the [bleep] thing and they didn’t have a test for it
I've had the flu and various other respiratory viruses over the years, but this time had the largest amount of congestion I've experienced. It's astonishing how much mucous the human body can make in such a short time. I damn sure don't want anything worse.
All of this panic is being orchestrated by the Globalists who own the lame street media....

proving that they can take something and create world wide panic, around the globe at the drop of a hat..
they are just taking advantage of a virus....

but then since 2004, a virus comes out world wide every election year....

Globalists are doing this to undermine the economy world wide, not just in the United States...

Medical people are use to dealing with contagious viruses all the time... this is nothing new..
the best defense is good hygiene.....

This whole affair is going to be proven to be a huge overboard knee jerk reaction world wide...

Globalists always win, no matter who they support.. because they only support initiatives that benefit their interests...
He's from MN - the U of MN - so IMHO it's BS... . Just more fear-mongering...
I had a month long bout with a really bad head cold. It took 2 courses of antibiotics to clear up. It started late January and went into real effect in February.

The last head cold I had lasted 3-4 days that was 2 years ago. I have never had the flu in all my years.

A half a million deaths in America? No way, not even ten percent of that. Doc is getting hysterical.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A half a million deaths in America? No way, not even ten percent of that. Doc is getting hysterical.

By the end of June it will be all over, but the healing up or dying. We will know for sure by then.

Happy Independence Day folks. I sincerely hope we are all still here to celebrate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWEjpA3ZdI

Yes, they sure are. Called the stock market and today’s bet was ... [bleep] gonna get worse. Hope the house is wrong.
450,000 cases or more and some 5,500 fatalities if it got loose much before we took even minimal action.

Phil

Vegas is closed!!
Covid -19 will bankrupt many more than it kills
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

The loony left us out of control with their fear mongering.
Just hear someone use 1million infected to get to one million deaths in the U.S..

Yelling fire in a crowded movie theater anyone...

There have not been 1million deaths in China, Iran and Italy combined.

Who posted that table of infectious disease scares in the past 15 years?

I am pretty sure that didn't amount to even 100,000 deaths...

I an calling Bullsplat.
© 24hourcampfire