Home
https://popculture.com/trending/202...an-medical-supplies-staples-coronavirus/
Power trip. Totally unnecessary.
What a jerk off
Might be a really good way to very quickly get the glut of restaurant food/sanitation supplies into the consumer supply chain.

I mean just think of all the TP not being used @ Taco Bell/Johns for goodness sake!!
phugg amazon
you would think that would be on their front page but I see no mention of it so I'm skeptical. This is what they have posted.

https://blog.aboutamazon.com/compan...IKX0DER&pf_rd_r=D348ETFG9SN1RWY365VG
I just ordered a nice dice cup from them.

Since we are on lock down I figure its time to teach them 654.
Funny, Wall Street Journal front page says they are hiring 100,000
Should've bought more than one cup and teach the kids to play Liar's Dice.

Builds character while pocketing their allowance money.
Never heard of Liar's dice.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

that's not true...LOL
Originally Posted by horse1
I mean just think of all the TP not being used @ Taco Bell/Johns for goodness sake!!

I despise the cheap single ply offered at those establishments
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Are you lying about that?
The Conrad kids don't know how fortunate they are to have a father teaching real life lessons. My grandkids have been sent home for 8 weeks, I think they need to learn cribbage at a penny a point.
Only thing I can tell you is I ordered something on Monday for a Thursday arrival and it has not shipped...
Helpful link:

Business Insider

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Only thing I can tell you is I ordered something on Monday for a Thursday arrival and it has not shipped...

I bet you get it on Thursday. They don't ship too soon for a specific delivery date.
Just looked and there is nothing on Amazon about this. Color me suspicious.
I do wonder whether I should renew Prime...why bother if I can't fulfill my materialistic needs and desires...? LOL
Originally Posted by sse

I bet you get it on Thursday. They don't ship too soon for a specific delivery date.

Agreed. Nothing to worry about
I see no other media reports of this.

Ordered something today, nothing seemed different.
Must be why a order I placed for toilet paper that showed stock last Friday shows a delivery of Mid April 15 to May 1. Damn idiot I would of never placed the order if I knew this. I need to figure out how to cancel it now.
Originally Posted by Pugs
you would think that would be on their front page but I see no mention of it so I'm skeptical.

Be skeptical of everything you read, especially on here with everyone tripping over themselves to be the first to re-post stuff.

Someone posted about Louisiana being "locked down." Louisiana isn't locked down as far as I can tell, nothing on the web about it.

Los Angeles (LA) is locked down. Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy.

New set of hip waders I ordered Sunday are scheduled to arrive Thursday and show not shipped as well. Not critical.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Helpful link:

Business Insider

This. Exactly this.

I've worked logistics a lot the last 20 years. Its IB non-essential loads to Amazon DCs being affected so they can free up capacity to ship OB/Final mile to consumers.
you would think that would be on their front page but I see no mention of it so I'm skeptical. This is what they have posted.

If you read Amazon's announcement on the link Pugs posted, what they say is that they are prioritizing essentials. That's not the same as suspending non-essentials.

Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability of these essential products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders.
March 17, 2020.
Be skeptical of everything you read

great advice, but easy to forget to do sometimes
Normally don't trust Business Insider, but this makes sense.

Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Helpful link:

Business Insider

CNBC says that Amazon is hiring 100k workers to help with the huge rush they're having. People are ordering onlline to avoid going to stores.

AMAZON
We order most things online these days. Going to give the system a break since we have all supplies. Don't anticipate this changing our behavior long term.

New set of hip waders I ordered Sunday are scheduled to arrive Thursday and show not shipped as well. Not critical.

And just got the ship notice on the hip boots.

OP headline is fake news. Amazon is selling anything they can make a $ on. I am not buying from them. and guys, shipping is not free.
Of course shipping isn't free. Anyone with any sense will consider shipping when they price an item. Amazon just jacks up the price to cover it. If you have Prime, you have to calculate that into the final price. They also aren't the cheapest on the web on most items. They're just dang convenient. Ordering from them saves me a lot of gas going to town and from store to store. Actually, they're TOO convenient. It's easy to keep spending money from my computer that I wouldn't spend if I had to drive to town.

Right now they're swamped because 100 million people are ordering while they're self vegetating (er, quarantining) at home. The fact that they're hiring a bunch of workers to catch up says a lot.
until the recent disruption, they have been very convenient and competitive price-wise, time saving
From Amazon's website:

"Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability of these essential products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders. March 17, 2020."
continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders
That must be the 100k new workers they want to hire. Maybe they can hire those who are laid off because of business closures. It takes time to gear up and train new employees.
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

If you read Amazon's announcement on the link Pugs posted, what they say is that they are prioritizing essentials. That's not the same as suspending non-essentials.

Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability of these essential products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders.
March 17, 2020.

They're not taking anything but essentials into their warehouses is what this says. It says nothing about suspending shipping of anything.
What about EBay??
Originally Posted by hanco
What about EBay??

Ordered a couple items yesterday, shipped and showing arrival by Friday. I would assume they aren't affected since individual retailers are handling their own shipping.
I ordered a radio harness for my sons car, along with 3 other items.

I got everything today

instead of a $7 radio harness, they sent me a car stereo

I"m not sure how you make that kind of mistake but I'm gonna play dumb and see if they catch it.
Yesterday I ordered some very non-essential stuff for camping. It was shipped today and should be here by Thurs.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Yesterday I ordered some very non-essential stuff for camping. It was shipped today and should be here by Thurs.

Camping? Sounds essential to me
Originally Posted by hanco
What about EBay??

Ebay is different from Amazon. Ebay is strictly a clearinghouse between buyers and sellers. Amazon does some of this, but they also have large inventories in their own warehouses, which Ebay doesn't have.
© 24hourcampfire