Home
Tom Brady will be moving on from the New England Patriots, the team with which he won six Super Bowls.

Everyone knew that was a possibility as Brady hit free agency for the first time at age 42, but it was still a shock to see him announce it on Tuesday morning with a statement titled “Forever a Patriot” on his social-media channels.

In it, Brady announced that his “football journey will take place elsewhere.”

FOREVER A PATRIOT pic.twitter.com/QSBOJBs4uy
— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) March 17, 2020

Brady had a second part to his announcement in which he thanked Patriots fans.

LOVE YOU PATS NATION pic.twitter.com/lxSQZmnjPL
— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) March 17, 2020

The Patriots retweeted both messages from their official account on Tuesday morning.

Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Chargers emerged as the two most interested suitors for Brady on Monday, the start of the so-called legal tampering period. The Patriots were not ruled out, though Brady did so with his announcement on Tuesday.
An era ends

While there will forever be debates about the greatest quarterback in NFL history, nobody can match Brady’s résumé.

Brady, who took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe in 2001 and rose from obscure sixth-round pick from Michigan to Super Bowl MVP by the end of that season, set a record with six Super Bowl rings.

Brady is a three-time MVP, a four-time Super Bowl MVP, a 14-time Pro Bowler, and he ranks second to Drew Brees in all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns. Brady and coach Bill Belichick are synonymous with the Patriots. New England must move on at quarterback, perhaps with free agent Philip Rivers or a trade acquisition like Andy Dalton or Nick Foles.

For the first time in almost 20 years, Brady is no longer the Patriots’ quarterback. That will take some time to get used to.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowls together. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowls together. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)
What’s next for Brady, Patriots?

Now that Brady has decided to move on, there are two major questions to answer. Who does Brady play for, in his age-43 season, and who do the Patriots get to replace him?

The Patriots are coming off a 12-4 season that ultimately ended in disappointment with a wild-card weekend loss to the Tennessee Titans. The final pass of Brady’s Patriots career was a pick-six to Titans cornerback Logan Ryan, a former New England teammate. The Patriots should feel like they can still win another AFC East title behind a strong defense, if they get the right quarterback to fill Brady’s enormous shoes.

Although Brady said he’ll play elsewhere in 2020, the list of teams that could be interested seems fairly short. The Raiders and Titans made moves in the past few days that likely remove them from consideration. The Chargers and Buccaneers make the most sense. Tampa Bay has been stating its desire to land Brady since the NFL scouting combine. Perhaps there’s another team in the market for a quarterback, like the Bears or Colts, who give Brady a call now that they know he’s truly a free agent.

No matter what happens next, Tuesday will be remembered as a historic day in the NFL. Brady is no longer the Patriots’ quarterback.
Interested to see where he lands.
Posted By: fester Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
It was a fumble.... it started his whole career. Conspiracy at its best.
911, patriots...... sucks to be a raider fan.
Did he say he was 'continuing his football journey' as a quarterback?
Yawn
New England must move on at quarterback, perhaps with free agent Philip Rivers or a trade acquisition like Andy Dalton or Nick Foles.

None of those quarterbacks instill confidence in another Patriots Super Bowl run.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Heard on the radio that it might be the Chargers since he and his wife have a lot of business dealings in LA but I'm sure its all speculation at this point.
Did Dallas ever re-sign Prescott?
Not that new.... The odds on Brady returning were maybe 10% at best anyway...
Originally Posted by Morewood
New England must move on at quarterback, perhaps with free agent Philip Rivers or a trade acquisition like Andy Dalton or Nick Foles.

None of those quarterbacks instill confidence in another Patriots Super Bowl run.

Not one bit
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Heard on the radio that it might be the Chargers since he and his wife have a lot of business dealings in LA but I'm sure its all speculation at this point.

I've heard similar rumors.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Franchise tagged him yesterday.

Fugg Brady! I’d take Patrick Mahomes over Brady any ole day and twice on Sunday !
At least Mahomes ain’t a whiner and a pouter.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Fugg Brady! I’d take Patrick Mahomes over Brady any ole day and twice on Sunday !

I'll go ahead and remove you from the 'I only sleep in a Brady jersey' list.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

The masses won't miss one person....
Frankly Scahlet, I don't give a damn. Be Well, Rustyzipper
Brady is a good QB in an excellent program, just as Terry Bradshaw was, neither is a Peyton Manning. If Brady goes to a lesser team, his short-comings will become very apparent.
Senior quarterbacks are not good because of their athletic ability . It’s their mental ability of the game.
They need a supporting cast. The loss of Gronk last year was probably enough to cause the Pats to fail. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Brady is a good QB in an excellent program, just as Terry Bradshaw was, neither is a Peyton Manning. If Brady goes to a lesser team, his short-comings will become very apparent.

PREZACTLY!
I can think of a team that's had nothing but crap quarterbacks since that last time they hired an old guy past his prime who took them to the big show.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I can think of a team that's had nothing but crap quarterbacks since that last time they hired an old guy past his prime who took them to the big show.

But that was Peyton Manning 🤠
Posted By: hosfly Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
Yep,, Denver would be a good fit for them both
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

The masses won't miss one person....

No but management will with less money in the till. Just saying. Cheers NC
He replaced Bledsoe is what '93?

PREZACTLY![/quote]

+1

Brady is a good quarterback...no doubt.

What made him a great quarterback...and a winning quarterback is the Patriot organization...the team. The team won those 6 championships. They were better than the Steeler dynasty of the 70s.

I am convinced that the Steelers would have gone on to win another 3 championships had Bradshaw not been "taken out" as he was.
Reports say he is Tampa Bay bound...

Edit: won’t be surprised in the least if they make a playoff push. They have offensive weapons and coaching plus a well coached defense . It should make for a cool division race between the Saints and the Bucs.
To accomplish what he did in free agent era is outstanding,, its the mark of a good organization,, and before you say it they all cheat,,,
unless he signs with a team that has an offensive line that can protect him, we are going to find out that Brady is just an average QB that gets sacked or hurried a dozen or more times a game. It will be a redeux of Joe Montana.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Senior quarterbacks are not good because of their athletic ability . It’s their mental ability of the game.
They need a supporting cast. The loss of Gronk last year was probably enough to cause the Pats to fail. Hasbeen

Good assessment.

No long term deal, but put the restricted franchise tag on him
Tampa Bay Bucs say they made an offer to Brady yesterday.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Lol. 2001.
Posted By: hanco Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
He is on the short list for best all time!
I wonder what Belichick will do without Brady at QB?

His record without Brady is under .500, 36W-44L at Cleveland and 15W-21 at NE.

His record with Brady is 136W-39L.
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Lol. 2001.

Huh.

I must be mixing up friends or games...
Memories...
So useless and fleeting,
Memories...

Think I wander over to the Mammories thread and refresh my memory
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Outstanding coach. He will make another young quarterback great. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Reports say he is Tampa Bay bound...

Edit: won’t be surprised in the least if they make a playoff push. They have offensive weapons and coaching plus a well coached defense . It should make for a cool division race between the Saints and the Bucs.

He won't have 6 seconds to get rid of the ball behind that line grin or a running game.
with the 2 good receivers they have plus a good RB 2-3 sec is all he needs to throw a screen,,, loosen up the D
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Outstanding coach. He will make another young quarterback great. Hasbeen

Maybe, maybe not.

Belichick had three pretty good starting QBs before he stumbled into TB12, Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde at Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe at New England.

PREZACTLY!

Man...if there's anything I hate it's a hater.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
Belichick had three pretty good starting QBs before he stumbled into TB12, Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde at Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe at New England.

That right there is funny.
And-- he is supposedly going to the Tampa Bucs
Hahaha---
Posted By: fester Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
Yawn

Go some where else an yawn
I would have loved to see him come here to Miama, so what remains of the Dolphins fair weather fan base could root for the Dolphins to lose. It would be epic.
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
I would have loved to see him come here to Miama, so what remains of the Dolphins fair weather fan base could root for the Dolphins to lose. It would be epic.
But Miami is the only place Brady cant hardly win in,, LOL kryptonite = miami
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
The problem for Brady is that what made him great was having an entire offense structured around what he does better than anyone else. That is a tribute to Belicheck and McDaniels.

He won't have that luxury anywhere else in the NFL over the next two years. No team can adjust themselves that quickly in terms of scheme, coaching, and personnel to give him what he has enjoyed for the past 18 years or so.

The grass won't be greener for TB12, that's for sure, though he may come out richer than he otherwise would have from the Patriots.
So, the Bucs , supposedly offered 30 mil.
Brady wants some play calling and some control of players.
Brady is old, yes he was good with the right team and coach.
The Bucs are not either one!

Lol......that right there is hilarious, Mahomes whines to the refs for calls on almost every play. Once he starts getting the [bleep] knocked out of him behind a crappy o-line the tears will really flow.
IF HE WAS AS SMART a qback as you guys think he is, he'd just stay home and run his ball plays on his wife and enjoy life with his rep and millions. MB
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
IF HE WAS AS SMART a qback as you guys think he is, he'd just stay home and run his ball plays on his wife and enjoy life with his rep and millions. MB

You don't get having a love of the game and being a competitor.
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

You don't get having a love of the game and being a competitor.

And breaking Drew's records...
Could be,but at a game where increasing amounts of players are retiring before 30 so they have a useable body thru middle and old age he is over the hill and then some.what kind of shape is he gonna stay in without his old off line to protect him? MB

Yep they resigned Ray Charles.
He'll probably regret not retiring in a few years. I can't see it going anywhere but down from this point.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20

I always wondered what Bart Starr would have been like away from Green Bay.
Originally Posted by hosfly
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
But Miami is the only place Brady cant hardly win in,, LOL kryptonite = miami
Brady was 8-10 playing in Miami (excluding the 2008 season), not that bad considering they are road games.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/17/20
About like Darth Vader leaving the dark side
Have a feeling the Patriots will be fine without Brady.
They will find a younger Talent to fit in.
Even maybe someone who can pass effectively and run.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
I remember when John Hadl came to the Packers.....
Originally Posted by renegade50

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
Stidham, I think he might be just what the Pats need in a mobile QB.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
Stidham, I think he might be just what the Pats need in a mobile QB.

Get one of these scrambling QB,s who can throw effectively will help em out.
Probably in Bills mind for awhile.
Brady never was a runner.
So basically blown pass plays resulted in sacks or lost yards or punt situations in mid feild.

Any yards they can gain in blown pass plays is a bonus.
Mahomes is a perfect example of the type of QB they probably need.

Passing pocket scrambler
Fuggin Brady had 1307 yards rushing on 606 attempts for a mind blowing 2.1 yards per carry for his whole career. lol
pats might give teddy Bridgewater a look,,
pats might give teddy Bridgewater a look,,
He's signing with the Panthers, would have been a good signing for the Pats I think.
Fuggin Brady had 1307 yards rushing on 606 attempts for a mind blowing 2.1 yards per carry for his whole career. lol
say how many 1st downs an touch downs in those 606 attempts? also mind blowing,
panthers would be a good fit
say how many 1st downs an touch downs in those 606 attempts? also mind blowing,
22 td's and 207 first downs.
Bart Starr was not that great. Kinda like Jim McMahon with the Bears.

Starr had the power sweep. McMahon had Walter Peyton.

Play action with an excellent running game makes it look easy.

Originally Posted by 5sdad

I always wondered what Bart Starr would have been like away from Green Bay.

Dang, that made me look up Troy Aikman. he had a career average of 3.1, and I think he was the slowest person ever to play pro ball, lol
Jalen Hurts to the Patriots in the second round. Re-organize the offense to mimic Lamar Jackson's style.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Jalen Hurts to the Patriots in the second round. Re-organize the offense to mimic Lamar Jackson's style.

Someone pays attention! Very good possibility! I think they will try to move up in the draft as far as they can.

Edit: Not to say they will be successful, but I believe that is their big plan.

Yep they resigned Ray Charles.

LOL !
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Someone pays attention! Very good possibility! I think they will try to move up in the draft as far as they can.

I figured they might go after Joe Burrow from LSU and last years Heisman Trophy Winner
Tom Brady will be moving on from the New England Patriots........

Don’t really care.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I figured they might go after Joe Burrow from LSU and last years Heisman Trophy Winner

If they can trade up it is probably the most likely. The whole thing revolves around being able to trade up.
Ethan Edwards: Who? What?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
who
Dat.
Posted By: fester Re: Brady to Leave the Patriots - 03/18/20
[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=tuck+rule[/video]
Still a fumble

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

When Manning went down I think Colts didn't win a game an entire season.

But we are talking the Patriots here. Probably calling up a Walmart checker to play QB and win.
Fumble
Brady's passer rankings the last three years:

2016: 2nd

2017: 3rd

2018: 15th

Yards per attempt?

2017: 4th

2018: 23rd

Completion percentage?

2016: 5th

2017: 5th

2018: 12th

Touchdown percentage?

2016: 3rd

2018: 8th

INT percentage?

2016: 1st

2018: 26th

Yards per completion?

2016: 6th

2017: 8th

2018: 28th

Passing yards?

2016: 4th

2017: 1st

2018: 20th

Winning percentage?

2016: .916

2017: .812

2018: .600
Has anybody said "well........ by" yet?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Yeah, but the defense won that one. And it looks like they might be over the "crap quarterback" hump.
Brady to Tampa Bay
Brady to Tampa Bay
He should do well there with all the weapons they have on offense.
Brady to Tampa Bay, Philip Rivers to the Colts. Brady is a fool to go anywhere other than home with his kids. He has nothing to prove, and has young children he should be with. You can't get those years back. Why does he think he can win somewhere else as an immobile old man? And - he risks permanent injury. Another fool who can't give it up.
Brady to Tampa Bay
He should do well there with all the weapons they have on offense.

And guess who hosts the next Superbowl? Yep. Tampa Bay. hmmmmmmmm
I love the guy. I wish he would retire. Quit while he is ahead.
At his age he is running out of gas.

You see boxers, Muhammed Ali, football players, Brett Favre, they keep coming back and coming back past their prime, and make fools of themselves.
No doubt Brady is past his prime, but he is still better than over half the QB's in the league. He can still get it done with the right team. I don't think Tampa Bay is that team. But I wish him luck and nothing but the best.

You guys act like he is 70! I am sure he spends plenty of time with his family. Why don't you hang it up and spend time with your kids? Brady loves the game, is a competitor, and knows he still has enough left. It is easy for guys to sit in their chair behind a computer to give advice in something they have zero knowledge of. In the end it doesn't matter what any of us have to say, its not our life. It is his life and he can and will make the decisions that are best for him. I think he has proved he is very capable of doing so.
Fumble
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yards per attempt?

Completion percentage?

Touchdown percentage?

INT percentage?

Yards per completion?

Passing yards?

Winning percentage?

The numbers don't lie. I still loved the guy, even when he beat my Falcons in the Super Bowl. Dammit!

But that was 3 or 4 years ago. You don't get better at his age, you just get worse. I wish he would retire.
Brady never had a strong arm, but you could see last year that he was starting to "rainbow" some of the deeper throws, he's going to have a lot of ints this year as the trajectory on those passes will give the DB an extra step or two, especially if he goes to Tampa as Arians likes to throw it deep. Belicheck and McDaniels have managed to cover up a lot of his deficiencies the last year or two but they're certainly there.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yards per attempt?

Completion percentage?

Touchdown percentage?

INT percentage?

Yards per completion?

Passing yards?

Winning percentage?

The numbers don't lie. I still loved the guy, even when he beat my Falcons in the Super Bowl. Dammit!

But that was 3 or 4 years ago. You don't get better at his age, you just get worse. I wish he would retire.

Those numbers do not reflect the team as a whole. This is not an individual sport, it is a team sport. Go back and look at TB's Stats from year one to end of 2019. They change just as the team has changed over the years. His performance is based off of the line protecting him, the receivers he has to pass to, and the power or lack there of a running game to keep the defense on their toes. Stats don't lie, but they also do not tell the whole story.
Fumble
TB had one of the worse offenses to throw too last season, nobody that could stretch the field or get separation from DB's, he has all of that and more in Tampa.
© 24hourcampfire