No bread
No milk
No eggs
No meat
No canned veggies
No toilet paper
No paper towels
Its crazy
We have food to last a long time but i told my wife this morning I'm about to take the biggest azz hole rooster we have and put him in a pot. Been needing an excuse and soup sounds pretty good.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/18/20
My wife and i went to the store last night. Meat, cleaning supplies, TP/Paper Towels and bread were in short supply. Everything else was well stocked.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/18/20
I hit Costco and Walmart.

Costco
Got 5 doz eggs, 2 loves bread (a local premium type that I love), 2 cans coffee, hand dish soap, 25lb AP flour
There was bunches milk eggs and bread. No TP, No regular paper towels. No 25lb bags of Jasmine Rice, No bread flour

Walmart - Some kind of new gates on the way in????
Got 4k 55" ROKU TV for $268, 2 cans coffee, Yogurt, breadmaker yeast
There was a small amount of TP and Paper towels, lots of milk, lots of beer, lots of cheese, minimal lunch meats
Didn't look at much else. Oh, a group of cute college girls buying cheap ass tents... Slumber party.
Posted By: mnmarlin Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/18/20
Local small grocery here had plenty of everything except toilet paper.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/18/20
Had to go to Ruston, La. today and stopped in at Super Foods. Plenty of everything, except TP and paper towels. Didn't need them anyway. No panic shopping, that I could see. Looked like a normal crowd to me. 5 checkout lines open as usual and 1-2 people in each line.
Posted By: ERK Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/18/20
Just stopped at a little local grocery store. Got every item the wife wanted normally and also got toilet paper and paper towels and Kleenex. We were down to two rolls of tp so I got some. Ed k
Posted By: hanco Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/19/20
Wifey went to Brookshire Bros. She said everything looks normal, except they were out of bags. She brought her groceries home in a box.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: So, today at foodlion - 03/19/20
Food Lion has a heck of a good distribution system. Hopefully they will get restocked pretty quick.
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey went to Brookshire Bros. She said everything looks normal, except they were out of bags. She brought her groceries home in a box.

Paper or plastic?

Paper bags are an uncomfortable substitute.

Plastic just smears things around..
© 24hourcampfire