Home
Just an example. We are just about down to our last gallon of bleach in the house.

I discovered "instant bleach" on the grocery shelves this week. Apparently unrecognized by the ravaging hoards. Clorox no spill granules. A 24 oz bottle of granules is equivalent to 1/2 gallon of bleach.

We are using the granules in the wash and saving the liquid for sanitation purposes. Though the granules could well be mixed with water for that purpose.

Around here, absolutely no flour or rice on the shelves. But Bisquick and Krusteaz Pancake Mix are plentiful.
Roman sponge. DIY project.
Makeup removal towelettes work as baby wipes and are in stock at Costco.

https://www.costco.com/neutrogena-makeup-remover-cleansing-towelettes-singles%2c-60-count.product.100469085.html
Wife found some bleach tablets she all braggin about.

I told her we had 80lbs of HTH on the back deck.

Wah wuhh
Not a potato to be found around here. Co-op has seed potatoes. They eat just fine.
Haha

Little copper arsenate is good for ya
I asked 'em in the hardware store about bleach the other day. Clerk smiled and said why yes, we have outdoor bleach and it's only $6.69 a gallon. Wtf?
We have about 5 gallons of bleach. I sick of all this virus crap.
Think pool supplies. wink
Idaho: Thanks for the useful suggestions, w/out the whining.
Ever clear grain alcohol for disinfectant if needed.
Wonder how many people font know seed potstoes are regular old potatoes getting ready to reproduce. Seed taters are one of my head scratch things
Bump to keep this thread up.

Alternatives to everyday stuff is good to know.
How about SOAP and WATER?

It cracks me up how advertising has made people think hand sanitizer is needed for clean hands. A whole shopping cart full of hand sanitizer? LOL.
Powdered milk? Haven't tried it in years, but the shelf life is like a 1000, maybe 10,000 times of the liquid. Wife says it can fill in just fine for cooking, etc.
Tastes different, but works.

-Jake
Originally Posted by gunzo
Powdered milk? Haven't tried it in years, but the shelf life is like a 1000, maybe 10,000 times of the liquid. Wife says it can fill in just fine for cooking, etc.

Milkman is a village staple in rural Alaska.
RAID ant and roach can be used as hand disinfectant....
Don't worry the burn means it's working.

Only milk I drink is from the farm....

Wife has for decades used powder milk for baking and cooking....started doing it because its 50 miles each way to store.....

You can also freeze milk....its good for months....no different than ice cream....
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Not a potato to be found around here. Co-op has seed potatoes. They eat just fine.

The local Mennonite store sells 50 pound bags of Idaho potatoes. I bought one.

I keep a bag/box in the camp trailer. It doesn't get used often but it sure comes in handy sometimes.

Here's the description for a powdered milk ad from Amazon. It has something for everyone.

Dry Milk Powder | USDA Grade A Whole Milk rBST & rBGH Free, Non-GMO, Kosher, Halal | Shelf Stable Powdered Milk, 12 oz (340 g)
Fortunately, I guess, we use nothing mentioned so far in this thread. No carbs and soap and water works for us.
What the hell are you guys using all this bleach for?
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Just an example. We are just about down to our last gallon of bleach in the house.

I discovered "instant bleach" on the grocery shelves this week. Apparently unrecognized by the ravaging hoards. Clorox no spill granules. A 24 oz bottle of granules is equivalent to 1/2 gallon of bleach.

We are using the granules in the wash and saving the liquid for sanitation purposes. Though the granules could well be mixed with water for that purpose.

Around here, absolutely no flour or rice on the shelves. But Bisquick and Krusteaz Pancake Mix are plentiful.

Lotta chlorine avaliable for cheap at the hardware store (think pools)
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wife found some bleach tablets she all braggin about.

I told her we had 80lbs of HTH on the back deck.

Wah wuhh

Ah, ya beat me to it.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

For washing out the eyes after seeing what CA sends to congress.

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

No chidtt! We rarely use bleach for anything. Bleach stinks.

Gargle with it. It kills corona virus. Use twice daily. Add a little lemon juice for taste.
Get straight to the point Big Jim, quit beatin' about the bush so! laugh
MY EARLIER POST

Don't screw up your septic system.

For laundry foremost. I wear whites to work every day and it is not a clean environment.

But Momma has always used a lot of bleach around the house as sanitizer. She keeps a spray bottle of dilute bleach on the counter and sprays the counter down and wipes it off with paper towels several times a day. Hot to mention what she uses in the bathrooms. Been that way since I met her in 1982.

I always figured fastidious cleanliness was not a bad thing in camp cook and house keeper.
© 24hourcampfire